Okay i understand that people do not like Metal music that much because of millions of reasons...

Okay i understand that people do not like Metal music that much because of millions of reasons, but c'mon does Sup Forums really hate metal music that much??

Also, what do you think the best "metal" album of all time is? IYO?

>Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocPidXJ1A9w
youtube.com/watch?v=TX3Acs8zQ0c
youtube.com/watch?v=aCdd1hJ6pXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's a reason why a metal general exists

most of Sup Forums is pretty much indifferent to metal
if you want metal discussion, there's usually a metal general or two in the catalog
best metal album is pic related by the way

There's definitely a part of Sup Forums who seriously listen and discuss metal on here.

i see, i will listen to these guys. Never heard of them.

Yeah great band. Very good albums, but i enjoyed this alittle more.

Best and the first? Seems unlikely and a waste anyway.

Tritones aren't mandatory for metal but they were to invent it. Lots came close but it's like calling mc5 actual punk.

i can appreciate the technical skill that goes into metal and the emotion behind it, but my issue comes with the purposeful deception of obviously gross and vulgar things. i know thats why a lot of people like it, and not all metal is like that but the whole genre just seems unnecessarily edgy and aggressive to me

look at it through a b movie horror lens. there's a lot of overlap there for a reason even

I feel like metal has more of an escapism element in it compared to lots of other music, and the imagery definitely helps with that. But there's still lots of metal that is more serious and relatable, although it usually gets called soyboy or poser shit.

Listen to Death - Symbolic

>Also, what do you think the best "metal" album of all time is? IYO?

imagine hearing this in 1978

I like stoner, sludge, doom, and black metal the most. The faster death and grind-oriented stuff mostly just annoys me.

Either you're new to mu or you're too immersed to perceive irony anymore, but the thing to remember about these Kasakh bugchasing boards is that every second post is a baitpost, which goes double for metal threads.

Sludge metal is easily my fav genre
But I also like Death. Can’t get into metalcore really

>unnecessary aggression
You clearly don’t understand the genre
The entire genre is just cathartic anger release

>anniversary tour didnt come to my area

what do you guys think about Goatsnake
currently listening to their latest album

commin in for best *thrash*

Seconded. Death's Symbolic is an absolute masterpiece. RIP Chuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=ocPidXJ1A9w
PRIME EXAMPLE
youtube.com/watch?v=TX3Acs8zQ0c

Never even heard of them. Have to give em a listen

you should if you like sludge/doom metal

I bought the re-iss of Flower of Disease, youtube.com/watch?v=aCdd1hJ6pXQ

i see, i will listen to these guys. Never heard of them.

Start with Heavy Rocks, Pink, Akuma no Uta, Amplifier Worship, Flood and Feedbacker if you've never heard of Boris. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

>newfag sees a few threads that are anti metal
>starts a new thread by saying "does Sup Forums really hate metal music that much??" like a fucking dumb fucking idiot
Seriously fuck I hate when people do this. Not just this board but with every board. Sup Forums IS NOT ONE COLLECTIVE ENTITY YOU FUCKING AUTISTS.

Not that I go around telling people it’s the greatest metal record or anything but it along with two of their other albums are easily my favourite