Will a human ever step foot here in our lifetime?

Will a human ever step foot here in our lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches
wired.co.uk/article/elon-musk-mars-mission-details
mileswmathis.com/musk.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah

If Musk wills it, probably.

My old roommate apparently signed up to that permanent space colony that's supposed to be set up on mars, the first trip

I think it's a deathwish

Musk is a pretentious cunt

the day we do i will get really drunk & party all day

Yeah and it will most likely be a white man

Seemingly, but seems like something he would be willingly to blow money on before NASA does it.

>WE

You wouldn't know about it for a few days because it's so far away

so?

on the day it's confirmed i will drink

I don't care.

Look, getting to Mars means literally nothing. It's a toe hanging off the edge of our cosmic crib. We have the means and motive to destroy ourselves in the 21st century and I have every reason to think we will. We'll never go far.

We're either at the very beginning of human history, or nearing the end. I know where my money is

Good goy. Put down one of the few white innovators. Let China develop all our new technologies. Good goy.

I hope that a future Martian colony will become independent of earth before it gets flooded by Muslims and afrikaans and chinks

If our lord and savior and memer Elon Musk is asked in 2026 yes we will.

And honestly this dude in the last 10 years build a company from 0 that can now deliver shit to both the ISS and fucking land first stage rockets on a barge at sea.

Something NOBODY on the planet not Russians, Not Chinese, Not EU, Not US did.

He is the new Wernher von Braun but this time Wernher is also a fucking business genius.

Why do canadians make everything seem obnoxious

Yeah the britgoy is a complete short sighted faggit. Hope he gets his tea dumped in a port and remains in the eu forever so we can leech gibs and send our gypsies

There is one funny thing about Mars.

It will probably be restricted to White and Asians for a long time.

I mean sure Murica might send a few niggers but no nigger or muslim country can dream to get there in 100 years.

He's an actor.

His life story makes ZERO sense.

It's just something to look forward to and admire in such a shit time.

what doesn't make sense?

Just how he randomly fines himself making millions of dollars for no reason.

The fact that he randomly takes over Tesla for no reason, and is then sued by the original owners (settled out of court)

He's a spook

Because
>a fucking leaf

>Will a human ever step foot here in our lifetime?
Yes of course
Indian space program will send man on mars in 5-10 years
Mars will become brown planet soon

Designated shitting craters

>yfw americans LITERALLY flew up and took a shit on the ACTUAL symbol of islam

I hope there are only japs and koreans, the Chinks will shit all over

Didn't he make most of his money with paypal initially?

Designated shitting planet

this.

Even if we do conspiracy tards will use any excuse they can to claim it never happened.

What's the point, Mars will also have jews and moslems.

So is Bill Gates an Actor?
Steve Jobs?
Larry Page?
Pierre Omidyar?
Jeffrey Skoll?

Whats so unbelivable that he got a shitload of money from Paypal and then went on to do the right thing?

The man had a clear cut goal? What does humanity need to survive?

Energy - Solar One
Less Pollution - Tesla
Another Place in case this one fails - Space X

He failed with Solar One sort of. It later got back on it's feed when the Solar Boom happpened.

Tesla was a flop from the start but investors kept pumping money in until it started to generate money, and then it became so fucking famous it made 10 times as much. Just like twitter, google, facebook and so on...

Space X failed a shitload of times. At one point there was a real thread of bankruptcy. Nobody wanted to fly on some untested private company that blew up 5 times.

They nailed the Falcon and then had like a 7% fail rate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches

Only 2 out of 26 payloads didn't ship.

No.

We barely made it to the moon at the height of Western Civilization.

We're over the crest and falling now.

paypal already was worth a shit ton, and his company merged with paypal.

It makes zero sense to me why a company worth 100s of millions would merge with a shit company, and then give the head of that company enough share to make 300 million when he left.

It's absurd.

Only if Trump wins.

It will mostly be chicks. Korea and Japan have no interest in man space flight as of now.

Menwhile China has an actual plan for it in the this 5 year plan.
Tiangong 2 is the plan until 2020.

The next 5 year plan draft sees Tiangong 3 taking on the role of an actual modular space station like Mir.

The fuck are you talking about X.com and Confinity weren't together worth 10 milion let alone 100 where the fuck are you getting there numbers?

Musk had nothing to do with Confinity.

He started X.com with 20 million, and then merged with Confinity, who already had many wealthy backers.

Why would they randomly make this nobody CEO, when they have plenty of money from investors already.

It makes no sense at all.
Stay bluepilled goyim

>he doesn't support a white man looking to improve mankind, who tries his best to make and buy parts for his companies in America
Good goy

I think so. It will be around the transition of our evolution to AI. We may leave AI robots there to start colonies.

Even if he's a cunt at least he's doing something.

It's mind boggling to me that Americans shit on possibly the greatest man in their country so readily. I just don't understand it

No, its ours

>war
>poverty
>non nuclear energy dependency

why do people care about landing on mars again?

>White man
>son of Maye (((Haldeman)))

>why do people care about being great

rightful British empire clay

He's white. You can meme all you want. The reality is almost every other white titan of industry is obsessed with social media or advertising. He's one of the few actually pushing to advance humanity. You just like to feel smart by denoucning things that most others find worthwhile.

In a world where they got a strong and working economy, agriculture and military I too hope they would rebel before the multiculturalists of Earth destroy them.

I don't think so. The operation will probably be lead by USA, China, Russia or some other country capable of running that kind of program. Or it might be and international project which I doubt. Either way I am sure that if it's run by Westerners they are going to cuck their own project with race quotas.

You know it to be true

What's the name of this scientist who always says that humanity (aka the US, tbqh) has a wrong approach to space exploration. We are focusing too much on the quality of our space trips when we need to focus on the quantity just like we did during the age of sails

We still haven't landed on the moon

Related
wired.co.uk/article/elon-musk-mars-mission-details

Space entrepreneur Elon Musk is creating a "cargo route" to Mars and wants to establish a "self-sustaining" city on the planet.

Speaking to The Washington Post the SpaceX founder said his planned 2025 human landing on Mars would be the start of a bigger settlement project.

However, to get there, initial missions will have to act as a "cargo route" and help scientists transport experiments to the planet's rocky surface.

"It's a regular cargo route. You can count on it. It's going to happen every 26 months. Like a train leaving the station," Musk said to the paper.

These frequent missions would enable a more permanent structure to be created on the planet.

"It's about having an architecture that would enable the creation of a self-sustaining city on Mars with the objective of being a multi-planet species and a true space-faring civilisation and one day being out there among the stars."

Musk said he didn't know who would be on the first trips but believes there will be people who will want to "build the foundation" of a "Martian city".

bad quality

I will fucking conspiracy retard. A guy with a better business plan becomes the CEO while others keep a shitload of their share.

But then again expecting conspiratards like yourself to believe logic is too much.

You suddenly shifted the goal post from 200 mill to 20 mil. Yet he started it with In March 1999, Musk co-founded X.com, an online financial services and e-mail payment company, with US$10 million from the sale of Zip2.

How can we have a discussion when you keep changing "facts" and "numbers" every post?

Thing is, helmetcam footage of an ultracheap inflatable spacestation ripping apart in 600fps would take to social media quite quickly

just keeping the dream alive

>Jews
>White

just give up, leaf

Reminder that Space Exploration is for engineering what Critical Theory is to Literature.

stay bluepilled goy

True. Maybe going full on quantity isn't the best idea nowadays.

>I will fucking conspiracy retard
You know, I'd never thought I'd see the day when people on this board would go full blown retard over Musk when it comes to conspiracies.

I'm sure these are the same people with bbc folders.

Mars looks boring. There's probably not much to even do there

he should sign the papers for a flight into a black hole

>he thinks nuclear is the way of the future.

The energy needs of the planet are far too much for nuclear to even be close to feasible. The only way for nuclear to work is for fusion to be controlled.

Solar is the way to go. More energy from the sun hits the earth in 1 hour than the entire earth uses in a whole year.

>Sea exploration is comparable to leaving your planet's atmosphere
How do businesses decrease the quality to get more quantity? Should there be two ISS's with lower tech than just one and what should be removed.

Musk thinks that space ships don't need real controls and some oversized ipads will do the trick. They're not going to mars.

how about land grabs? empire building? >unclaimed clay

I mean it's mainly just for shits n gigs

Wow you're really good at memeing. Congratulations

>They're not going to mars.
Everyone thought it was impossible to land a rocket back on a platform

I don't see where you're going with this? Hollywood =/= reality

He really does love touchscreens

read it yourself

mileswmathis.com/musk.pdf

>Everyone thought it was impossible to land a rocket back on a platform

Only idiots thought that. Spacex wasn't even the first to do it.

they don't need all those controls.

Most things will be totally automated.

Automation is only going to get more powerful from here on out. By 2030 it will be insane what computers can do.

Probably. But we won't colonize it because global infrastructure will regress when there is no money left because third worlders just had to have iPhones. Best case scenario we all die in WW3, worst case scenario the whole world ends up like Pakistan and there are no white people left because they were all either murdered in the name of Allah or bred out of existence by race traitors.

have a little optimism m8

it's not over yet

>You'll never be American
>you'll never be part of the best country to ever exist
Why even live ?

Guess where the sand niggers will go next, after Europe has run out of money

You can watch, and exploit the inevitable brain drain

>Why even live
Well, maybe because even if you were American they wouldn't send you on the Moon.

It's my flag now.

Hey man Trump is gonna be the next president.

With any luck we'll be full Nazi by 2024

Doubt it. Unless there's some kind of revolution in launching technology that comes about from R&D in the commercial satellite industry. Otherwise the cost is ungodly and the benefit is minute even assuming it's technologically feasible to have adequate guarantee an astronaut's safety for the extended period of time required to travel there and back. The latter part is especially important because even if Mars is no Earth when it comes to gravity, it's still a lot harder to escape from than the moon.

Is this a picture of the first French moon landing?

Musk is gonna do it

>something goes wrong with your gay automatic spaceship/touchscreens
>need to adjust gas valves manually
>die

No thanks.

>Is this a picture of the first French moon landing?
It's when the U.S surrendered on the moon after seeing ayy lmao's

Well I'm sure he'd have manual overrides for everything

he's not retarded, is he?

>pro tip=
Do not use cockroaches in your terraforming plan

i believe its like an airplanes instrument displays. if one of them fails you can flip a switch and have it display on a different unit.

Has Trump ever actually given a stance on NASA and space travel at all in his campaign?

ok show me where the physical controls for something as basic and critical as the gas valves are on the dragon.

Oh leafy, stick to hockey and syrup because physics really ain your thing hun.

No.

Maybe if robot technology becomes so sophisticated that they can go there ahead of us decades before we go and build an entire infrastructure to keep people alive.

We will have to know way ahead of time if the soil will be able to grow enough food to keep a large colony of humans alive.

Massive solar arrays, water reclamation systems all of these things will have to be there and running before we leave the Earth.

Because he's an alien that crashed on earth and is developing FTL tech so he can go back home

Kek, really makes you think..

If the political will ever arrives in the US or Europe.

The Americans could've gone to Mars since the 70s. The only reason they is didn't because somehow selling a pointless war in Iraq to the public is easier than exploring the universe.

It will probably be a trans black woman or something, to be progressive.

In which case I'd rather the Chinese make it there first.