Admit it. This is just as good as the Original Trilogy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v2YJchDTASg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree

RotS > RotJ

nah I do not accept this meme. it is almost as bad as AotC.

what are some good, non-meme scenes from this movie? the lightsaber fight at the end is ridiculous and way too long so don't fucking list it.

>original trilogy
>good

Damn good film. Almost perfect.

palpatine talking to anakin about plagueus

>Luke, did I ever tell you that your father built this gold bitch standing behind us? I actually met C3PO when I was about your age at the same time I met your 14 year-old mother and 9 year-old father. His counterpart, R2D2 comes from Naboo and is the property of your mother's military.

>Did I ever mention, despite my vast knowledge and sage wisdom, that I don't know the difference between the word "generation" and "year?" I'm very dyslexic, Luke.

>Did I ever tell you I'm actually only in my mid-50s at most but walk around and fight like I'm a 70 year-old bitch?

>Luke, did I ever tell you that your Uncle Owen is also only 43ish and that the wookie we met at the cantina fought with my old master, Yoda?

>Did I ever tell you all jedis dress like desert bitch dwellers like us?

>Did I ever tell you that this woman on the data tape is your twin sister I personally gave to Bail Organa to raise? The galaxy has got way more sexist, Luke.

>Hey Luke, did I ever tell you I plan to "force ghost jutsu" myself and then still won't ever reveal the whole truth to you? Like even in 2 movies, when I confirm that whole story about Darth J. Vader murdering your father is complete horseshit, neither Yoda nor myself will ever reveal key details about the Jedi Order you honestly should know about going forward.

>Did I ever mention how strange it is that this Han Solo, who would've already been like 10 when the galactic Jedi Order fell and who would have cogent memories of the Clone Wars, says The Force is a bunch of hooey? In fact, if he's been from one end of the galaxy to another, he would know about the legendary Sith Lord Darth Vader wrecking Jeddah's shit.

>Luke, did I ever tell you that I was proven right in regard to my assertion that your father was much too old to train as a Jedi, but he was 10 years younger than you are now? I defied my master, Qui-Gon Jinn. My actions singlehandedly led to most of the suffering in this franchise. He was a good friend.

>>Luke, did I ever tell you that your father built this gold bitch standing behind us? I actually met C3PO when I was about your age at the same time I met your 14 year-old mother and 9 year-old father. His counterpart, R2D2 comes from Naboo and is the property of your mother's military.
Except no. C3P0 wasn't met by Obi-Wan in episode 1. Obi-Wan stayed on the ship during that whole arc. I get that you're trying to meme but please stop trying so hard.

"This is the revenge of the Sith.."

I walked right out after that

It's shit.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about Play-Station Tuu

>Luke, did I ever tell you that all these places are actual sets and the haters are faggots that ran out of arguments.

Its right below Jedi but doesnt have a scene as hype as Vader vs Luke.

Palpatine hamming it up is great. Obi Wan being based is also great. The rest is shit.

>haters

it's like I'm really on youtube

not an argument.

cringed

at least the CGI is an improvement from the previous two

great scene, one of the most memorable parts of the whole PT tbqh

No, it really not. It's a good movie, but it not as good as the Original Trilogy.

go to bed Lucas

"master skywalker dey r killing younglings"

but srsly...beginning part with Dooku is awesome.

Ep3 is the worst because it ruins the most anticipated moments.

>Anakin becomes Darth Vader because he dreams of his wife dying and wants to save her life so he listens to the empty promises of an obviously creepy old man and inadvertently ends up killing her with his rage (and subsequent "losing the will to live" she undergoes) wink wink nudge nudge it's a self-fulfilling prophecy guys where's our fucking awards
>Anakin v Obiwan is the most unnecessarily protracted battle scene ever filmed, BRAVO LUCAS
>Sheev wields a lightsaber and does a neat-O spin move because he's such a *Badass (TM)*
>Anakin loses his limbs because he makes the stupidest fucking decision that we've never seen a villain of his caliber make and it, like all things in the prequels, is handwaved away as "he's blinded by the dark side"
>The Dragon character is powerful because he has SIX lightsabers (Lucas probably wanted him to have 16 and the animators swore he couldn't have said 16 so they animated 6, to Lucas's chagrin--fodder for Special Special Edition Part 5)
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It was crap and when someone says they enjoy the prequels I already know they're under 25 and didn't grow up with the real movies.

A few good scenes. The opening was some impressive space battle kino (before it got ruined by dialogue),

Sheev has some great acting and dialogue.

That's about it.

It's hard to say because the other 2/3 of the Trilogy hasn't been made yet.

Kinda unfair to compare one movie against three, y'know.

>defending soldiers jumping out of trenches to stand in the open and fire

Did he sense whenever anakin masturbated?

There was a cut scene in Revenge of the Sith where Padme puts the casing on 3PO in front of Owen Lars.

Which would have made him rather senile for his age in ANH, to not recognize him at the droid sale.

No. It was the worst of the series until Rogue One.

Do you really think his apprentice wouldn't tell him that he built this droid that's always around?

>No. It was the worst of the series until Rogue One.

All the prequels were fucking awful

(((you)))

ARE YOU FUVCKING KIDDING ME?? THIS IS A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. YOURE GOING TO SAY THAT THIS BULLSHIT WITH THE KILLING YOUNGLINGS AND THE EMPEROR FIGHT SCENES IS EVEN A GOOD FILM?

you people are hopeless

Why haven't the fans come up with an edited version of the prequels? Like a The Phantom Attack of The Sith or some shit where you get a 4 hour movie with no bullshit. Maybe it's just me, but it could be a lot better. Plus it would be perfect for anyone watching for the first time.

wait, how the fuck was podracing worse than attack of the clones?

>paid critics
>relevant

also found it funny how R1 has higher user score rating that TFA lmao

>t-they're paid!
Pathetic prequel cucks.

>lmao
You have to go back.

this film isn't even good. let alone great, or anywhere near the OG tril. It could be argued that it's the worst of the three prequels actually because it fucks up every major plot point that the entire trilogy has been building toward.

If you think this is a good film, then you literally do not understand film. They shouldn't allow high schoolers on this board.

he said its just as good as the original trilogy, not that it's good

OG trilogy is dull and boring.
Prequels had many interesting characters and cool fights.

Prequels are some of the worst movies made. I lost so much respect for George, that I think he gets way to much credit for Star Wars, and more credit should go to his original team. People that like the prequel have to be below the age of 10, cause these movies are complete shit.

The only way Jar Jar could be as "lucky" as he is in Star Wars is if he knew abilities some would consider to be unnatural.

like this?

Perhaps he meant like this:

What an idiot. It's almost like he wanted dooku to cut his hand off.

Jar Jar was annoying but that scene was far more tense and exciting than ANYTHING in the OG.
Don't even try to refute this - you know I am right.

>Qui-Gon didn't share his impressions of the child's mechanical aptitude with his Padawan.

>Obi-Wan knew Padme for years, and they both would've logically shared countless hours reminicing about their shared experiences with their good friend, Ani.

Indeed.

>that scene
>tense
>not just a bunch of goofy """"""""comic relief"""""""'"" drivel

Is that the same shit they did with Ocarina of Time?

Rotten tomatoes is not reliable. If you into the detail of many critics, you see that they have no idea of what they are talking about.

Said this, prequels are shit. But there is no need to appeal to authority, is enough a minimum of critical thinking.

By your logic, anything can be comic relief.
I personally thought the scene where Vader threw Sheev into the engine was pretty goofy.

It was the best of the prequels in my opinion but it still wasn't great

You must be trolling. Do the two scene have the same tone? Are you fucking serious?

It's not an appeal to authority. It's just bait to piss off prequel fags. Critic reviews are mostly shit regardless of where they are. Most of them contradict themselves if you pay attention.

Aggregates are usually good enough to judge whether I should waste my time with a movie ticket or not.

The scene with Jar Jar is meant to be very serious. The character is in the middle of a war zone and surrounded by enemies. His life can end at any moment. You must be mentally challenged if you think that's even remotely funny.

holy shit I feel bad for Hayden he had to be apart of this shit . That looks like one of those scenes from those "Calibration," Dvds from the past

All the real star wars nerds are too old to care. Years ago, they knew. Prequels = shit. Now it must only be nostalgiafags having totally retro prequels = shit? discussions

noooooooo

>All the real star wars nerds are too old to care
Meet Wookipedia.

But that scene with jar jar being a clumsy doofus, with the use if a several-inch thick set of plot armor accidentally won the battle, was meant to be funny and, for almost everyone, failed at it. Miserably. The scene from th OT you mentioned is a little clunky, I'll admit (with the slightly awkward Vader closeups broadcasting to the audience that THIS CHARACTER IS CONFLICTED) but most viewers don't care or even notice unless they're deliberately trying to be overly articulate.

wew lad

the scene was SUPPOSED to be like that - a battle with fearful odds. But the way Jar Jar was played completely fucked up the tone.

nice bait

this anime is so dense

>Luke, did I ever tell you Samuel L. Jackson basically set your mom and dad up to get married? It was this Yoda-approved shit. They were asking for these two people to fuck.

>I actually thought it was kind of a bad idea. Samuel L. Jackson was a good friend.

kek

based obi, based papi, based space battles

that's it, the rest is trash

with rotj everything that isn't the ewoks fighting is pure kino and has the finest 20 minutes of star wars movie footage (throne room scene) known to man, it just has garbage inbetween the GOAT scenes

>>Anakin v Obiwan is the most unnecessarily protracted battle scene ever filmed, BRAVO LUCAS

Who cares, it's still light years better than their fight in A New Hope. And if I can give a free pass on the action because of obvious reasons, the delivery of Obi Wan was terrible.

>only a master of evil, darth

Why is there no film grain?

Honestly I think it's the bluray quality that killed this movie. Of course the CGI aged, but it wasn't intended for this definition that blatantly shows what's real and what's not. A lot of old movies suffer from this.

HE IS THE TRAITOR AAAUUUUURRRGGHHH

I agree with this. HD overall was a mistake

because 2 and 3 were filmed on 1080p digital. tpm was shot on 35mm

>If I have the high ground, will you die?

Because Lucas didn't add any.

It looks that way on 720p as well.

Only the Dawn of the Empire fan edit. The original theatrical release is only 5/10

>It looks that way on 720p as well.
What was the resolution on the DVD? I never noticed that shitty effect on that.

Darth Jar Jar is real, just look at this fucker's eyes.
Lucas was a genius keeping the reveal for EP7

It was probably 480. I doubt it'd look better in that resolution either. There's certain things about that scene, the bad matte painting in the back, the cgi/prop pop in, bad shadows that would look just as bad. I agree that higher resolution can amplify the problem though.

I'd imagine we don't remember this because it such an insignificant scene and our standards were lower.

Help me and others spread the word about how the MSM is telling us how we "like" the new star wars! I thought I enjoyed it until I watched the reaction of logical thinking people. Disney is the devil, that's why the three sixes are there. This show is complete garbage and I pray you spread this message to everyone. Don't let MSM control you! Please like this video with every account you own, share it and help others. #StarWarsWasNeverGood
youtube.com/watch?v=v2YJchDTASg
It's time to fight back and tell the world we don't even like this garbage!

fucking autism

>Person on the show actually discloses ABC is owned by Disney
>HAHAHAHA GOTCHA

This guy really must be insufferable to be around.

>It's ok that we're shills we just admitted we're shills

the voice on this fucking tard living with mommy is girly and screams virgin

wow... so this is the power of Sup Forums

Yeah, actually. Are you some kind of communist faggot or something?

>Support Me on Patreon & Get Exclusive Videos/Content: [patreon link here]
>i-it's okay when I shill for myself

At least I'll give them they had the balls to admit that, so you know where their opinions come from.

creation of the empire, rise of the empire, anaking falling to the dark side, anakin progressively becoming an half human half machine monsters, the Jedi Purge, Obi escaping from the empire and finding a new home for luke and leia: each of these, deserved one or multiple movies to be told, or not told at all. RoS compressed everything in half an hour. Also I object at Anakin going from anakin from full vader in 5 minutes. It would be cooler to imagine it was a gradual and year long process of his dark side life turning him slowly into a machine

Not at all, and that poster is awful.