How come Iran is so backwards but all their movies are the exact opposite?

How come Iran is so backwards but all their movies are the exact opposite?

I am unfamiliar with Iran kino. Enlighten me.

Persians are pretty based and very few of the movies are actually filmed in Iran.

Because that's the image jews love to push. Iran actually looks very modern because it actually successfully resisted Jewish subversion.

Iran's not backwards. If you want backwards to a little trip to Saudi Arabia. If it wasn't for Israel, America would be very close allies with Iran.

only their government are retarded sand niggers

the citizens are alright.

The filmmakers are all nostalgic for the pre-revolution times.

Not to dip into politics too heavily:
The conservative element in Iran want to maintain a system that is going nowhere.
The free-thinking element want things that are taken for granted in the West.
>If it wasn't for Israel, America would be very close allies with Iran.
Unless you're implying Mossad put Kohmeini into power, I don't know what you mean. Him and his legacy are one of the big reasons the US isn't willing to invest too much in Iran.
I'm speaking in terms of a one-sided relationship by the way. I'm not considering how the Iranians feel about the US, because I'm not Iranian.

So far away.

Aren't most of their movies created by sandpeople who got to liberal arts unis in the West anyways?

Even Islam couldn't erase thousands of years of Persian culture.

to make a movie in iran you have to give the script to the government and they decide if it can be made or not.

creative elements of society are always more liberal than the status quo

Their government fucking sucks, but urban Iranian society is probably the most western-friendly of all Mideast Muslim countries

Iran's government got fucked up by the Shah and the revolution, but the people are all super nice and way more modern then the shitholes around it. There's a reason there's no such thing as Saudi cinema.

what the fuck are you talking about? Iranian society regressed like 100 years when the ayatollahs came back into power. now it's a bunch of mudslimes with social views on par with egypt or saudi arabia.

They're not made in Iran.

Good art is made by people enduring hardship. That could be any number of things. Mental illness, loss of a loved one, or oppression for example. Iran as a society tries to hold its citizens down so naturally it will spur good art as a retaliation.

iran's government got fucked up by eisenhower and churchill

mossadegh was secular and forward thinking. the (((US))) and (((UK))) couldn't have a country actually nationalizing its own natural resources for the good of its people so they had to fuck up the world for jew oil and money

Iran
- a huge concentration of beautiful beautiful art culture, music, genius artists directors and poets
- Is shit on by the western world
Why do humans have the tendency to shit on whats beautiful for lels and keks

Persians really like aesthetics

Iran would be a first world country if it wasn't for the eternal anglo, his WASP buddies certainly didn't help

Yep. Iran is like that because of the eternal anglo.

propaganda

Sup Forumscucks are the most clueless of all the boards about world history somehow. maybe willfully

No, just history. You can even look in ((((((wikipedia))))))

I don't even like Sup Forums but come on you guys fucked it up big time

was for

alt right think any criticism of disastrous western foreign policy is jewish propaganda*

* unless it was obama

pol would blame jews and/or islam.

The Shah and the following governments went down because of nationalisation, too close to USSR, and so on. Bad luck things got even worse then expected.

But luckily america learned to do not fuel islamic extremists to fight USSR/Russia, that could bite back.

They already had a solid indigenous film industry before the Islamic revolution. Plus, they're rich as fuck. Rich people can thrive culturally even under the most oppressive regimes (see Saudi royal kids going to fashion shows in Paris and London).

Like fuelling talibans as anti soviets in Afghanistan under a saudi "hero" or abandon Iraq leaving back thousand and thousands of weapons easily usable by an islamic state.

That would be stupid, right?

the eternal anglo is an Sup Forums meme you mono-board fuck.

the beauty of this webzone is the ability to easily swing between different boards because the rules are all mostly constant and the formatting/etc. is all identical. There is literally no reason to post on and read only a single board. You are limiting yourself.
>but I don't visit shit boards
pic

No user has the right to be an amateur in the matter of popular shitposts.

eternal anglo wasn't from Sup Forums, but I like your style of including a subtle falsehood to trick someone into believing incorrect information despite an otherwise informative post.

the eternal anglo is historical accuracy.

UK and US even fucked up each other, see suez crisis.

The Shah was pure scum and the idea that Iran was some kind of liberal society prior to 1979 is a bad joke. There were a few suburbs of Tehran that were like that but that's as much as you got.

Iran is like North Korea and South Korea rolled into one

Luckily the west-backed islamic revolution fixed that, buddy! Whew! That was close!

their filmmakers are really dedicated to the artform. some of them would die to make cinema. honestly though I cannot stand iranian cinema. it's brutal, and I'd imagine unless you're into the culture or deeply into the style, then you'd be bored watching it.

>west-backed islamic revolution
Wrong way around retard.

>The Shah was pure scum
Saudi detected.

>UK fucked over things during the Suez crisis

>Doesn't mention the fact that it was France and the UK that GOT fucked over by America
>Even Arabs agree that the UK should have been left to finish democratising the region, despite their hatred for the UK.

Idiots, stay off Sup Forums and stop getting your facts from memes. God damn retards.

No one should respect a leader who is cucked by foreign powers.

At least Iran wasn't the disgusting extremist shit hole it is today.

How would you like your country to have a militant Islamist put in charge and suddenly all the freedoms you enjoyed become Haram?

No you wouldn't like that one bit would you? So shut the fuck up.

I meant "UK and US fucked each other, as an example see the suez crisis". And yes, there US fucked UK and France.
Sorry for being unclear.

Then blame America, not the UK or France. At least the UK was at least fucking trying to do some good with the sandy shitholes. America just fucking ruined it all, like it always does because AMERICA KNOWS BEST! Oooo lawdy ye he do! Turn your beady memes to the Americans, they have undone and pretty much fucked every good thing the British empire did and to rub salt and acid into the wound the UK gets the blame for the fuck ups.

You can also point your pitchforks toward France and Spain for allowing America to become independent. The UK was trying to contain that shit, but you all know what's best don't you.

MUH FREEDOM TO RUIN OTHERS, MUH GUNS, MUH LIBARTY N FROTTAGE!!!!!

Fuck you all.

>a militant Islamist put in charge
>all the freedoms you enjoyed become Haram?
Showcasing your ignorance about Iran and the region in general. You should study these things in far greater detail before talking as if you're any kind of authority on it.

You talk about the Shah regime as if it was some bastion of freedom and happiness. There is a reason that protesters numbered in the millions and ranged from liberals to communists to Islamists. If you did anything to piss off the regime, you'd be in a SAVAK jail cell for the rest of your short life before you got home from work.

Secondly, in modern Iran, the Mullahs are just figureheads. It's the IRGC and their military buddies who are the real power brokers. Khamenei has been ill for years and will probably die soon.

Oh be silent you butthurt Turkroach, still upset over the Shah arming all the upset people in Byzantium?

Yeah your salty tears are showing Turkroach. Don't worry, when WW3 eventually starts we'll be sure to eradicate Turkey once and for all. You'll get to be with your precious allah then.

USA fucked the world more than France and UK, but they came close seconds. France and UK have generally more sense and some "standard".

Wew.

More like the US has been staunchly anti-Imperialist since we gave the Philippines their independence.

But what can you expect? Most of Europe has lived under one form of dictatorship or another for centuries. They don't know what freedom and republic ideals really are. They've been conditioned to accept the lash rather than resist.

Lead a horse to water and all that.

>turk roach
Not even close. I'm more pro-Iran than most people. You sound triggered.

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT DJINN LIVING IN THE BUILDING WERE DISTURBED BY THE DESTRUCTION CAUSED BY THE MISSILE, SO, THEY TAKE REVENGE ON THE MOST VULNERABLE HUMAN THAT THEY CAN FIND NEARBY —THE CHILD.

GETTING RID OF INVASIVE DJINN IS RELATIVELY EASY, BUT WITH IRAN BEING A NOMINALLY MUSLIM, BUT ACTUALLY SECULAR COUNTRY, PLAGUED BY "SHIA" NONSENSE, THEY IGNORE HOW TO PERFORM SIMPLE EXORCISMS, AND THE MERE IDEA OF PERFORMING ONE HARDLY OCCURS TO THEM.

Are there any movies with the Persian military in them other than crap like 300?