Is Imagine Dragons the new Nickelback? Okay, fuck the question, Imagine Dragons is the new Nickelback...

Is Imagine Dragons the new Nickelback? Okay, fuck the question, Imagine Dragons is the new Nickelback. But what makes them so bad?

They're no worse than the one note "indie" shit people think is above pop music. They just got popular with average talent so people lose their shit about the situation.

They sold out and exclusively make radiotrash to appear in commercials.

what's a good pre-radiotrash song of theirs?

No, they're the new Maroon 5.

Maroon 5 has actually had a good album though

Okay, I'm going to get hate for this, but I don't care. I'll admit something. Radioactive was pretty damn ambitious for an Alternative Rock song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if they were the summoners of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly guitars that complimented the brooding industrial beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other Indie Rock tracks of the time. Imagine Dragons had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad they wasted it away on making generic Pop Rock garbage.

Radioactive was fine except for the overplay.

>imagine dragons
>Portugal the man
>maroon 5
>cold play
>21 pilots
>X Ambassadors

Why is it the only rock allowed to be mainstream nowadays is the the softest soft rock or like they dont even have guitars anymore.

Shits fugging disgusting

fuck you coldplay's singles have been pretty decent recently

coldplay is fuckin gay dude

Radioactive is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.
Probably my most hated song.

Believer on the other hand is mediocre at best, but sounds fucking amazing when compared to radio-fucking-active.

fucking hate radioactive. maybe it's pop because I can't get it out of my fucking head when it comes on

What the fuck was that soycore band that was popular in the late 00s/early 2010s, that were acoustic and had like seven members? The band might have been titled after the lead member, and they had one big hit. Anybody have any idea?

Mumford & Sons?

Yeah, thanks. They were so popular when I was in Grade 12, they were being played everywhere all the time and I fucking hated it.

Thunder is literally the most vile thing I've ever heard, fuck I hate that song with a passion.

>dont even have guitars anymore
I remember when I was 13 and valued music on how hard it rawk'd

good. I hope you remeber that time your uncle raped you too

Nice one lad, really makes you think

not an argument

Too bad it was so on the nose that it read and played and sounded like something made for 6 year olds to think is edgy and dark

RADIOACTIVE! RADIOACTIVE!

I heard the song was actually originally written about Spiderman, idk if that's true but it would be way more interesting

Fuck, fuck that song. There's so much wrong with it

>we were having an argument

I remember that time like it was yesterday, holy shit that was like 7- 8 years ago, fuck me

That song about.. the lion? He's a lion? or something? I totally forget man. It was so annoying, it was like every other song on the radio was that song

yes, i said you were raped by your uncle.
and you said passively aggressively "rawwkwk bad." Because acdc was playing in the background while he raped you

Nah rock is good, its just not the only thing that's good
you seem like the kind of person that loves Radiohead but thinks their first 3 albums are the only good ones and they sold out when they made "electronic" music

I still love how Warriors has become the go-to trailer music for stuff with over the top "badass" acts of heroism when the song was originally written about professional League of Legends players

Would you permanently erase Arcade Fire's music from history, if it meant never having to hear an Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic or X Ambassadors (choose as many as you wish) song again?

I unironically know musicians, ones that I actually respect, pay to see Imagine Dragons in concert. I don't get it.

wait holy shit Kendrick was on Radioactive??

Im officially choosing to believe that its about Spiderman, it makes it way cooler

I dislike their music but the thing I hate the most is the way they say "thunder" a million times in their bad song

lol yes. who gives a shit about arcade fire.

fucking bland ass indie soy boys

They're worse than Nickelback

i like radioactive but their other songs make my ears want to bleed

are you sure they aren't already bleeding

Homogeneous radio music, they are equivalent to Justin Bieber but with a different demographic and a far more stagnant, derivative output.

nice copypasta

He didn't even say that, you mongoloid

Theyre the new U2

excellent taste, radioactive is a true 0/10

i liked Thunder desu

>Radioactive was fine except for the overplay.
And the production was absolute dog shit.

They're not bad so much as they're barely even real. It's about as manufactured as music gets. There are far worse bands that can at least claim some genuine artistry.

wouldn't make a difference to me either way. never heard of x ambassadors in my life and don't think I've actually heard a song by the other bands. arcade fire are shit

It's not 2013 anymore user imagine dragons aren't the new anything

Little Lion Man