HELLO AND WELCOME TO TV BURP

HELLO AND WELCOME TO TV BURP

NEW POLICE DEPARTMENT ON THE BILL

GIANT DOCTOR'S HAND ON HOLBY

AND PAULINE FOWLER HAS AN ACCIDENT ON EASTENDERS

The knitted character did nothing wrong

I like Harry Hill but this show was always more miss than hit for me because I didn't watch any of the shows they were referencing. British telly is too awful.

Knitler did nothing wrong

it's been superseded by gogglebox these days anyway, as far as moments of comedy mixed with the odd profound insight are concerned

That show's existence is an indelible mark of shame on Britain's character. Any culture that could unironically produce that is not worthy of saving.

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT...

>harry hill says funny/insightful things his writing team notice about the week's ITV
vs
>a family MUCH LIKE YOURS say funny/insightful things they notice about the week's ITV

TV Burp is true britkino. Harry Hill is a great comedian, I don't give a fuck what normies say.

There's never anything funny or insightful on gogglebox though. It's faux reality nonsense with forced 'authentic' banter like tattoo fixers. It's as saccharine and manipulative as the X Factor auditions.

That's not what TV burp was about though, it was mostly skits and edits of TV shows.

Gogglebox is literally YouTube reaction videos put on TV, and my family are not retards thanks.

Gogglebox is a television show about watching people watching television shows. It's the very bottom of the barrel material.

At least Harry Hill is a funny comedian with actual relevance, and something of worth to say about what his watched. Plus he actually puts in the effort with various skits, cut-away gags, and parodies.

you could trivialise tv burp the same way. ha ha someone said something that sounded a bit rude (pic related)

if you don't like it that's fine, but let's not pretend 'ha ha! television' is some kind of moral indicator of worth or something

Give one example of something funny said on Gogglebox
Give one example of something insightful said on Gogglebox

You don't have to trivialise Burp because it was always upfront about the fact it was utter bollocks.

Remember the time the gay couple said a euphemism for sucking cock? Or the time the black women overreacted and used some Caribbean vernacular? Oh and that time the old man farted and his wife was really unamused by it!

DUDE OVERSIZED COLLAR LMAO

The knitted character killed the show. Wasn't funny the first time, wasn't funny in a single reappearance, and the K factor was the final nail in the coffin.

i don't really have anything to prove. sometimes when i watch it i laugh, and sometimes the peoples' reactions or chat point out something i didn't catch. this is because i know i am not watching an attenborough documentary, and i am watching to be entertained and not necessarily educated.

Sup Forums THREAD OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEK~

it's funny because the comic relief character on eastenders is actually a man!, which is funny because on eastenders it's actually a woman. also 'knitler' is naughty, in a safe-for-nans pre-watershed-ITV sort of way. now, time for a katy perry song spoof while this jelly wobbles

Now I like the CIA and I like Bane, but which is better?

This. Harry Hill was always quite self-aware, there's a layer of irony hidden deep down in everything he does, except for You've Been Framed, in which he (successfully) tries to be just straight up funny with an edge of silliness. I dunno if he write the YBF stuff but some of it is pure genius.

I haven't seen his movie but that looked like it might have some earnest dramatic moments that, in the context of a Harry Hill movie, could never work. Anyone seen that and care to review it?

>6 episodes a series
>great
>gets poorer on the 5th & 6th episode, Harry clearly wants it to stop
>Stops at 6 episodes, fair enough
>series gets insanely popular
>for some reason give the series 26 episodes
>22 episodes are just Harry looking miserable with poor writing

>I haven't seen his movie
Funny thing, neither did anyone else :^)

I like Star Trek threads...

...but I also like Star Wars threads...

...but who's better? There's only one way to find out!

You can only watch television through a 'ha ha look at the funny things' ironic detachment lens for so long without going insane imo

It's a shame, I think it had some potential if he'd stayed a little clear of his TV Burp memes. That tone is perfect for TV but doesn't translate to the big screen, especially nowadays. I bet it would've done a lot better had it been released 15 years earlier.

Still, it only had a £2 mil budget. You can't go too far wrong for that money.

>Unironically defending gogglebox

You are the lowest form of life on this world.

Is Harryposting now a thing?

But whose the bigger guy? There's only one way to find out

It's funny because it's true.

>I dunno if he write the YBF stuff but some of it is pure genius

I think he does write it yeah.

i don't have an answer for you, just an aside. i watched some Edinburgh lecture with the producers of Gogglebox and the 2 drunk middleclass hoteliers and the drunk guy said they had to be careful that it didn;t turn into propaganda, because it was 1 jew, 1 muslim, 1 posh, 1 poor, 1 gay, 1 black, 1 old Labour pensioners etc. these would start to represent the views and gain power as message givers. his wife told him to hush, but i think he was onto something.

it does have power to try and promote a message and use a family unit as a billboard to promote an idea or suggest that idea X is the acceptable one, such as Trum, Brexit et al.

this is countered with the 2 lanc bints who are just "i ad a potato waffle t'other day" "aaaahhhhhh, nnnnnnooooooooooo"

>being this paranoid about after-tea ITV
pol does this to your brain

>Propaganda does not exist and has never been used in television

You are one stupid fuck.

gogglebox isn't 'white genocide a-ok' propaganda, user. put down the pepe memes and get some fresh air.

ha ha repeating numbers. keke wills it ha ha

FLIGHT!

Ah, so you're just shitposting, very amusing.

I like Harry Hill's stuff.

It's silly and funny in a fairly honest and wholesome way, but there's also a subtle post irony to his humour that you will only find with UK comedians.

Anybody remember MySpace? Hm? MySpace? Have you seen my MySpace? That's where they went wrong, isn't it, starting the name of a website, made out of individual, personalised web pages, with the word "my."

"Have you seen MySpace?"
"Yes I have a page on there actually..."
"Nooooooo... Have you seen my SPACE... the area allocated to me by the parking authority."
"Dohhohohhohh."

And the Sup Forums, hm? Have you seen the Sup Forums? That's what all the kids are on now, isn't it? The Sup Forums. First there was 2chan, now there's Sup Forums, WHERE WILL IT END?

I often wonder, I often wonder if there was a 1chan, but it was so obscure literally nobody has heard of it.

Because you have Sup Forums, don't you? You have Sup Forums, quite popular. Sup Forums, quite popular, hm? And before that you had 2chan, not very popular. Before that, was there 1chan? 1chan, COMPLETELY INVISIBLE.

*sings*

OH... 1chan, 2chan, 3chan, 4,
Posting on the Sup Forums, cos that's what it's for!

[wipes tear from eye] such subtle irony, truly patrician. hm

>A 2016 broadcast on Dave, of an episode originally screened by ITV in December 2008, featured parody of a Channel 4 documentary about Thomas Beatie. UKTV had edited out around a minute of the segment ahead of broadcast, but much of the skit remained. Complainants felt the treatment was offensive to the transgender community; Ofcom ruled the complaints had been resolved by way of UKTV voluntarily cutting the entire section on Beatie's film, preventing it from future broadcast on their channels.[6]