HOU: Bregman and Altuve back to back HR

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MLB/status/898660285866749952/video/1
cbsnews.com/news/bonds-begins-400-400-club/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>11,001 Wins

YFW Cubs early elimination

this desu

is there a website that can tell me what a player has done since a particular date? for instance, i want to know what max scherzer has done since the all star break in 2012

Baseball reference

>granderson to doyers
man this would have been a great trade 6 years ago

bros....

we can't stop the Dodgers bros

I have stopped the Dodgers

cute!

>Miss six weeks
>Will somehow still manage to finish first in WAR

this is the face of the greatest player in baseball history

say something nice

There are no brakes on this train

I like his hat

anze, I will murder you
the kings and the dodgers will never win a championship in your lifetime and my dubs confirm this

Pirates used to have cool hats

>the kings and the dodgers will never win a championship in your lifetime

What am I two years old or something?

M's bros, just wanted to say I appreciate how friendly and open you are always. You really help make this general special!

>judge leads the league in walks

wait what

no, we can't, but October 3rd can

posting top 10 for your convenience since i'm assuming you can't access american websites there

He also leads the league in strike outs

why wouldn't I be able to?

league =/= majors

he's also 7 strikeouts away from leading the league in Ks, BBs, and dingers. has that ever happened before? literally TTO: The Player

retard trip

Anyone here have any fun Joey Votto stories? I love it when he does something silly lol

i hope you make the hall, barryboo.
you deserve it.

Astros

Mets desu senpai

RIP. they owned the dods in 2015. didn't expect them to fall apart like that.

Reply if your team has hit more
WALK
OFF
BOMBS
than Bryce Harper this season.

How much will Manny Machado get? Bryce is going to break half a billion but what about this cheeky lad? His age, defense, and all those great years under his belt already:

12yr/350m?

Muh Injuns desu

>league =/= majors

Nigga you're retarded.

When you say a stat line of X leads the league in Y, it means they fucking lead major league baseball. If you are talking about one league vs another you say X leads the American or national league in Y because saying a stat like that is used only when talking about specific categories where the individual league stat would be appropriate like for cy young, roty, mvp, etc. There is zero importance in saying this nigga leads the league in walks but only be talking about the American league without mentioning it in the description.

Pineapple netherlands

twitter.com/MLB/status/898660285866749952/video/1
>All those tears

Most of those wins are from New York though.

>he's also 7 strikeouts away from leading the league in Ks, BBs, and dingers. has that ever happened before? literally TTO: The Player

It's pretty common for these big-time home run hitters to strike out and walk pretty often. I'd be willing to bet that Ruth and Bonds have both done it.

Bonds

absolutely and totally wrong

I checked both, bonds only struck out over a hundred times once, in his first year, and never led neither the league or the majors in Ks. Ruth actually did lead all three a couple times but even he never struck out more than hundred times in his career, though high 80s/90s was enough to lead in that era where striking out was considered embarassing.

Officially done with Chapman. Throwing 100 mph isn't a big deal anymore

that last thread was pretty shitty and this one's not looking any better

I always wondered what the allure was with his pitch speed. 100 mph is seen as this benchmark that makes you a god if you break it all the time, but how much faster is it really than a guy who's heater can consistently hit 97-98 mph?
from a purely mathematic standpoint, it's hardly ever more than a 10% increase in speed, depending on the pitchers you're comparing him to.
a lot of players seem to be blown away by it, but I can't help but think that it's at least partially in their head, that they see three digits on the radar gun and it becomes a whole new animal, when it's just a 3-4 mph difference.

>but how much faster is it really than a guy who's heater can consistently hit 97-98 mph?
A single mile per hour can be the difference between being able to swing at it and contact it and not. 100 mph isn't that threshold but 105 is definitely towards that extreme

This.

that makes sense, especially since he really is the only one who throws that hard consistently.
he's been around a few years, i suppose the league is finally turning the corner on adjusting to him

Bonds was very good at the game of baseball huh

man, those """"""PEDs"""""" really lowered those K numbers, what a dirty cheater

I mean I'm talking about being able to actually process what's happening, like as a human. With Chapman people can, I feel like, kind of predict where it's going and put barrel to ball and smack it out. 105 is pushing what humans can do. Like up around that speed you have to really be able to, like right around when it leaves his hand, guess or predict where it's going to end up and swing at it. The way he throws it is getting predictable or his arm is slowing down something fierce

Bonds is our guy. No bully.

>red sox win

> Griffey's career high in walks is 96

that's my point, phamalam.
you can roid up a guy like adam dunn or aaron judge all you want. sure, he might hit more dingers, but he's still gonna strike out all the time.
but barry never led the league in strikeouts, so he was obviously different (read: better)

Why did Barry Bonds need drugs to compete?

MARINERS!

cbsnews.com/news/bonds-begins-400-400-club/

Check his depressing writers quote. He wanted people to notice him for his incredible historic achievement but they were too busy jacking off to Sosa/McGwire HR chase.

He would have been a lot more appreciated in this era.

>fuck you faggots I'm gonna be the home run king

absolutely based

God bless the Red Sox organization. I'm talking about the organization. Class. Fenway park still going baby, built in 19-fucking-12 the year the titanic sunk. What does our organization do? Knocked down the cathedral way to go, waaay to gooo! Good thinking!

Now when I go to this new plastic replica of a stadium, empty seats behind home plate and all the fucking corporate jerk offs, on the phone, not even watching the fucking game waving to the camera. Good, good decision front office you fucking morons!

We use to go to the ball park and say, "that's where Mickey Mantle homered", "That's where Roger Maris tripled", "That's where Fritz Peterson got a blowjob". But you can't do that anymore! Now you go to this fucking place "ahh that's where Teixeira pulled his left nostril!".

Good for the Red Sox, good for them! I'd like to see the Red Sox and the Cubs! There I said it, I don't give a fuck! Call me whatever the fuck you want, call me an uncle Tim I don't give a fuck because I say what most Yankee fans are thinking

Why have these last two threads been absolute autistic cancer? I've seen Doyer falseflagging, this isn't it. This is on some next level bullshit.

It was the mets year.

Fuck my life!!

Into pieces! This is my last resort!

based Josavior

I was wondering this myself.

I remember when all the >mest fags were boasting about winning the NL East in March and early April. That was some funny shit. I tried to talk some sense in to you guys, but you were too busy posting *strikes you out* and Thor memes to listen. How does it taste? It's bitter, isn't it? I hope you choke on it. Fuck the Mets. They'll be irrelevant for the next 10 years. You may as well join your 'brothers' and become a Yankees fan now.

>sox/cards
I thought you got permabanned?

>this triggers the Croat

Most Sox fans root for the Cards too.

the hell we do. only that faggot who got righteously permabanned

Let's just agree to disagree and not break up the broship over peddy squabbles.

>false-flag broships

we're in deep

ready for TEPESCH MODE to show Q who the real Ace is

see

Has there ever been a game that went more than 9 innings?

Every once in a while a game will get out of control and require a tenth inning. I would say about one game every two or so season

Whats the worst thing you ever screamed at a player at a ballgame?

After coming out in "relief" and giving up a carousel of rounds I yelled as loud as I could to Michael Ynoa to "Go back to Charlotte" repeatedly. I made sure he could hear me too. In my defense, he did go back there and hasn't been back still yet.

carousel of runs*

I've never shouted anything at a player because I'm not a barbarian.

Except this era will be marked by the exposure of a new designer drug (see: """""""""pilates"""""") once it's detected/someone not named Manfred exposes it's already known existence. Also juiced balls.

I think the players may have just been working out a lot over the offseason. That could explain why their power went up a lot. But again, I no exper.t

Who do we have catching in AAA tribebros? Why hasn't Mejia been promoted?

Because development. He'll advance soon enough and be called up circa June.

>lifelong cares more about getting a (You) from me than actually ever talking about beisbol

And Erik Kratz and Adam Moore are catching there.

I get not bringing him to the majors, but the way he's hitting and apparently he has good d I'd let him try out triple at this point. I still want to know who's catching down there. Is it Kratz?

as someone who only got into baseball in 2016, why did you think that the mets were going to under perform? from what i understand, their biggest issue this season has been the constant injuries, which is sort of unpredictable.

sidenote: tfw goodbye granderson

They're an injury plagued team. They have a lot of issues with players being hurt. They also declined from a world Series run. I'm not that user but they're a team in need of a rebuild

What happened to the one with the woman's ass?

Do you remember the meme, "does she have a booty" and then the dog says "she does!!", I always think of that one when I see that player's butt lol

Mostly because there's no rush to especially since there's no pressing need for another catcher. He'll probably get promoted soon, though they might just play out the season? Not really sure what the organization plan is but they've done a great job with development and timing, just look at José "The GOAT" Ramirez.

Windiansbros do you want in on this broship?

A Japanese Mets fan? How do you deal with the time zone difference?

kind of weird to have a broship with a division rival

Well it can help to protect against bullying.

>I always think of that one when I see that player's butt lol

Which player?

Not sure. He's a catcher for Oakland I believe. Well that's what I could gather from his colors, but I'm not sure.

I'm from New York and moved to Japan a month ago. I don't really watch games here cause they all happen at like 8 am and I'm on my way to work by then. I just read articles and watch highlights instead, unless it's the weekend and I can get myself awake in time. Shit blows.

Hosey got to the majors at age 20. Mejia is 21 now. I get what you're saying and as long as Gomes and Robo can throw runners put at 50% and Gomes hit decent, which he has been, there's no need. I just want to see this kid with all his talent.

>Not sure. He's a catcher for Oakland I believe. Well that's what I could gather from his colors, but I'm not sure.

What I mean is how did you know who that post about the player with the woman's butt was about?