/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

ESP edition.

Previously on /gg/: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s00deTstK1QA
youtube.com/watch?v=hIccZsURyLc
vocaroo.com/i/s1qnVYuRhSZA
youtu.be/613KF0YK9Uw
clyp.it/m1zzopr4
youtube.com/watch?v=YYKxm-1wk7I
youtube.com/watch?v=7n7EazI55zY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST FOR BEING SEXY WITHOUT TRYING

zebra humbuckers are fugly

record something for me. wanna hear what that guitar's like

I agree but this shawbucker fits nicely with the white/black theme. I was gonna replace it with an all white suhr aldrich but i changed my mind and am just gonna get another guitar for that. The shawbucker is surprisingly close to a single coil in terms of sound

I only have my phone to record through. And im gonna buy a new one on like 15 mins. Ill post something then.

I agree, you have a pretty good guitar case.

:D

>BEING SEXY WITHOUT TRYING

Yea its good. Its the one that came with the guitar. Post your gear m8. This is a no bully thread so i will be nice.

Lets hear it.

Please stay in your containment thread.

I posted a short clip once. I don't like recording because I suck.

How good is your hearing recognition of chords?
can you replay a song from hearing?

what is that Elton John song i just heard today, the chorus is "IV III II I" one chord per beat, with some female backing vocals

minimal. can recognize minor, major, diminished, guitar chords like sus4 sus2 and small other adds. but cant recognize more complicated ones like half diminished, weird inversions and chromatic basslines etc

pop/rock music? absolutely.

Noice. Did you train that specifically?
I'm playing guitar since quite a lot of years now but I never really developed a good musical ear because I just played with notes.

I'm in a music club now and besides learning trumpet I also get to play guitar more often.
We want to cover some songs and they can manage to guess the key and everything for their instruments from hearing but I still have big problems with that.

you try everyday and its pretty sad actually

I'm trying to play this. They're all quarter notes.

When I go from some chords to the next, I end up inverting my fingers.

>index on E-1, middle on B-1
>index on B-1, middle on E-3, note fingers changed strings
>index on B-0, middle on E-3
>index on B-1, middle on E-3
>index on E-3, middle on B-3, again changed strings

Do I have a fundamental flaw in my playing? Each chord is supposed to ring until the next is played, but they can't ring if I need to lift off the strings and re-position fingers for the 2nd, 5th chords (and some after that, too).

What am I doing wrong?

unless it's an exercise and it says that you should play it like you are doing it, it is an extremely counter intuitive fingering the one you are doing.

>tfw wasted time and potential and keep doing it
>didnt do spiders or practice theory during teens besides the minimal pentatonic thats present on the basic music i listened to
>decide to learn the fretboard and do a few exercises and improve technique and improve ear on 2017
>improvement happens and start playing less shit, become full of it and just wank myself to it
>realize that it's just basic musical ability and i should have worked on learning songs and solos and developing songwriting skills and a lead style at the same time, creating original licks and patterns etc

you just keep on trying freddie mercury said

did some ear training, the chords' ear came along (but i fooled a bit with them too), i advise you to do that. learning singing helps developing an ear for key too. good luck man

>improvement happens and start playing less shit
>less shit
When did that happen?

in 2017, i said it in the text

HAhaha!

I think you didn't get it. But that's alright, I wasn't expecting more, desu.

ok

even if id got it i wouldnt give you a chuckle

can you get the same tighter tone from holding the pick with three fingers, with two fingers /gg/?

Bad habit

Its ok . i want to hear the guitar

vocaroo.com/i/s00deTstK1QA

Only one I got. Neck pup.

can you?
i cant, if i try to put more pressure with the thumb/index they get tense

Hello guitarbros today I have a request which I'm willing to pay for if completed (In Bitcoin, or ETH, up to you)

I need a full tab of "Jefferson Airplaine - Wooden Ships"
Found here:
>youtube.com/watch?v=hIccZsURyLc
The full thing, not just chords, the lead and rhythm guitar, note for note. Full tab. I can't find it anywhere online so I'm willing to pay for it because for whatever reason I can't get it right

If someone can do this I'll send you 150usd of BTC or ETH.

It has to be accurate, not some half arsed Pajeet tier job.

Fuck off and git gud.

It's not really about how "tense" you pick it's about the angle of the pick. Flatter the pick, the more tone it will produce but it will snag on the strings. That's why you want to angle it so it glides across the string like a pen. If you want more volume, let your amp do the work or flatten out the pick angle.

Also, this why picks come in different thicknesses. Try a 1.3mm or 1.5mm and loosen up your picking hand.

thats roman posing as the "richfag"

Nah, I dont know who the fuck that is but either way the offer still stands

I just want a second opinion, I have a lot of it worked out but want the full thing in front of me in tab form and I just cba going through it all again so im willing to pay

Sounds pretty trebly for a neck pup

Damnit, I meant bridge.

just stop it roman

What's wrong with the fingering? It seems most natural for each individual chord, but in sequence it is a bit of an exercise.

I dont know wh the fuck that is you faggot

no, you faggot

>tfw not right handed
>tfw don't have 105k usd

why even live?

by tense i say like the hand gets tense and stiff from making more pressure.
i do pick with the pick flat already.

i'm asking about holding with middle+index vs just index. with the added middle finger the pick is held tighter and it makes a noticeably nicer, tighter sound on both electric and acoustic. it happens with both thin and thick picks by the way.

>tfw nice guitar but shit amp
it hurts

with the way the gibson is shaped you can easily used as a left handed guitar, get an el cheapo alternative to the gibson es-335 and stop wanking to instruments instead of music dumb ass

vocaroo.com/i/s1qnVYuRhSZA
Some shit i just recorded just for you

>tfw nice guitar but no amp

i wank to both pleb

I play a fucking lot without an amp anyway
Its a bad habit of mine

>tfw shit guitar (eko gg3) but no amp
im event more hurted

Good Goy, good good goy

I don't think it's a bad habit.

Lmao
How's liking old guitars being a good goy?

I think it is
Whatever you play becomes a different thing through the amp imo

well, you can get away with something way less cheap, thats the part of being a good goy.

Fuck off squier shill

how to become able to improvise faster and past pentatonic-rooted phrases
i can do some diatonic-scales quite fast but even then i can't transition well off it or change it much to fit the chords, on the spot

you can get a custom shop less than the price of that guitar, no need to buy squire shit, you dumbass piece of shit

>being a Jew
Good kike

Take up meditation. A calm state favors coordination.

You have to change how you pick then. Use your thumb + index. You need to experiment with different stuff.

You shouldn't be having to tense up at all. Are you self taught or something?

Also the tone doesn't just change from that but also where you pick between the pickups on an electric has a huge impact on tone.

No shit faggot, but the guitar is 105k USD. You can buy a fucking house for that... so what? I'd still buy it if I had the readies

IT AINT COOOL TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOOR

All that asspain just because i said fuck squier. Lmao'ing @ ur lyfe m8.

oh I see, you have brain damage, thats ok user

Do you want to learn the way of shred? Im sure it will help you.

>Lmao'ing @ ur lyfe m8.

>but the guitar is 105k USD.
just buy a luthier copy

the chances of being pwned by someone claiming its a REAL vintage are astronomical.

Thinking of picking up an Ibanez this year to add to my collection.

Is the RG550 re-release a meme guitar? Or are they worth the price for muh Made in Japan quality?

huh... wasn't what i was expecting, but thanks

Its norman harris' guitar that hes selling

i use thumb + index idiot can you even read or just dumb?
it gets tense when i try to put more strenght to match the tightness of 3 fingers, it's not doable as a technique for me.
>Also the tone doesn't just change from that but also where you pick between the pickups on an electric has a huge impact on tone.
oh cool.

again can we talk how the pick gets hold tight with 3 fingers and it produces a brighter tone.

I love metal and i hate ibanez guitars. The neck shape is for plebs. Only ibeenhad worth getting are the jem and js model. Get a charvel instead.

Yeah, I own a Jackson Pro series which I fucking love and not just for metal, but tons of genres really. Best guitar I own overall.

I tried out an Ibanez Prestige model years back and it seemed really nice but it's been a while since I picked one up. The RG550 seems to have a good rep but just not sure if it's being overhyped.

maybe. show me

I know its shit recording quality. What did you expect?

Listen to this album all the way in the background. At first dont even try to think about what hes playing just listen to the melodies and stuff. Pick out what you think sounds good and noodle with that. It will help to get a feel for exotic phrases and non pentatonic sounding phrases.
youtu.be/613KF0YK9Uw

it was you posting this player the other day wo the trip? i'm vomiting

like, that's a Fender? I can hear its Strat-ness, but idk... thought I was gonna be blown away or what

1:23 is out of tune

I picked up guitar a couple of weeks ago.

clyp.it/m1zzopr4

Am I making good progress? I've been playing 30-45min a day for 2~3 weeks. Sorry the volume is so low.

If you close your mind you wont get better.

My squier tele buzzes/hums like crazy unless i put my hand on one of the metal parts, like the knobs, bridge, or strings. WTF is wrong. It doesn't look like any of the wires under the knobs are disconnected from the pots. I haven't gone under the pickguard yet though.

>squier tele
you fall for the pajeet ruse

vomit it away and get areal intrument.

Believe me alot of frequencies are getting cut off in the recording. All positions sound vastly different irl.

is paying for the justin guitar course worth it? I mean, the one in the mobile app

>get better
>t. Jcm900butterhands
lol

record with clyp.it it doesnt compress to shit like vocaroo

I didnt change the tuning in middle of the take. So its all out of tune or what.

Anyone have any info/experience with Palm Bay guitars? Specifically tidalwave exp. I can't seem to find much info on them other than they were made in the UK for Jap market, but can't find prices and such online.

wow that was you playing?

could help him to get a hair transplant he baldily needs it.

this rocks i'm gonna learn that solo youtube.com/watch?v=YYKxm-1wk7I

can't hear shit

I posted someone elses album that has nothing to do with me.

and gave advice about getting good at guitar

Ill see. Vocaroo is just easier

Sorry for trying to help you become a better guitarist sam. Stick to your Kiss albums and mediocre playing.

no, you stick to your sub-mediocre, super-sloppy playing.

Another option would be all the shit Randy Rhoads made. Being a classical guitarist myself I learned a ton of shit studying him and his music, particularly the 80s shredding style which of course Rhoads influenced many.

youtube.com/watch?v=7n7EazI55zY

These isolated tracks are great.