If Barristan Selmy could wield a lightsaber as well as he could a regular sword...

If Barristan Selmy could wield a lightsaber as well as he could a regular sword, who would win between him and Obi-wan Kenobi in a duel? Both old and young versions? No force powers allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=05Gzy6QSJ2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

selmy got stabbed to death by a bunch of mudslimes, he's a pussy

Let's be fair here, those muslims had mask and slightly sharpened butter knifes. And they also defeated the best army money can buy.

Obiwan.

If he has the high ground he'll win, if he doesn't he can jump over you. Also he can do a bunch of shitty looking CG somersaults.

I didn't read the books, but in the show Selmy gets killed by peasants with kitchen knives.

If we were talking about book-version Selmy, would this make a difference?

This great man would beat them and Gandalf at the same time.

didn't Selmy fucking fight and kill them all to mutual death?

IIRC he killed like two of them, got swarmed and fell over

best swordsman that has ever lived my ass, even the fukkin legend would do better

>no force powers
Then it's not really Obi-wan

youtube.com/watch?v=05Gzy6QSJ2g

>he killed like two of them

>when dismissed from the kings guard claimed he could cut through the 5 of them like cake
>struggled taking down 6 mudslimes with knives

Poor actor must be pissed how his character ended up. In the books isnt he training "knights" for Dany and leads her army to fight the besiegers?

lol he didn't even last 30 seconds

plus they only had knives, obi wan routinely fights people with ranged weapons

yep, he also killed two famous pit fighters who were guarding Dany's cowardly shit of a husband who tried to takeover in her absence

They where in a hallway and constantly pushing him against a wall by rushing him. In an open field a sword would win every time but knives excel in cramped spaces.

Had many knife fights in hallways user?

No force powers allowed? Then absolutely Sir barristan Selmy.

Obiwan relies all his skill based on the force, to foresee his opponents movements. Without this critical skill he will have no fucking clue how to read his opponent where selmy has real physical skills of reading his opponent.

If force allowed then obiwan since force > physical reading of the opponent.

How are you surprised when they made Sir Arthur Dayne the Sword of the Morning a fucking meme dual wielding faggot.

If Selmy and Obi-Wan doesn't have the force how would they effectively wield lightsabers in the first place? Anyway Obi-Wan would still win because Tv Selmy is a shit.

Knowledge of the force and skill with a blade are two separate things

non force wielders use them all the time, usually from a Jedi they killed

>non force wielders use them all the time, usually from a Jedi they killed

not canon :^)

Can Selmy be riding a dragon?

>Finn using a lightsaber isn't canon

Don't forget Han Solo

he killed a Jedi? didn't know that
Also didn't he get wrecked every time he used it, even by another stormtrooper with a baton?

face it, if lightsabers were a good idea for non-force users everyone would have them

Obi-Wan would destroy him. Nigga defeated Grevious with his 4 bullshit roboarms without breaking a sweat. He also beat Anakin in his prime, and Anakin was considered one of the GOAT duelist of his era, only Sidious and Yoda were on his level according to film canon.

Yeah, no. You need ultra rare Kyber cristals to build them in the first place, and the Jedi basically own all places that have those cristals.

Besides, lightsabers are useless to non-Jedi, because they can't deflect blaster bolts like a Jedi can.

isnt there anti lightsaber material also? Remember reading about a guy that used anti lightsaber armor in a comic years ago(+10 years)

>You need ultra rare Kyber cristals to build them in the first place

again, not canon
stop posting fanfiction

> lightsabers are useless to non-Jedi, because they can't deflect blaster bolts like a Jedi can.

A sword that can cut through nearly anything is useless? okay dude

EU fags sure love their cliches

Yeah, cortosis but that shit is rare af.

>again, not canon

Watch Rogue One, retard.

>kyber crystals

How did Luke get his green cyber crystals?

Stopped watching a long time ago user.

Same place he got the rest of the stuff to build his saber, Obi-Wan's place on Tatooine. Didn't you ever notice Luke's saber is the same as Obi-Wan's?

No dumbass remember that lightsabers have no mass except for the handle and that the blade can easily cut off one of your own limbs if you aren't careful. Just because you can swing it like a baseball bat doesn't mean you will be effective and do all the flips and twirls that Jedi can do.

fucking Grievous, Han and Finn

>robot
>used it to cut open a snow roo
>got beaten by a stormtrooper with a stick, Kylo disarmed him in 2 swings

i wanna see those red imperial guards fight something

>Grievous
Super advanced cyborg personally trained by Count Dooku
>Han
Used to cut open a dead animal
>Finn
Barely did anything at all and probably will be force sensative anyway next movie

>used a lightsaber
>none are force sensitive (Finn pending further movies)

check and mate

I wasn't arguing about using a lightsaber dumbass. Just because I pull the trigger on a gun doesn't make me a marksmen fucking idiot.

>shifting goalposts this hard

kek

Finn is force sensitive though.

>Obi-Wan: I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.
>Starkiller base fires
>Cut to Finn hearing the screams of thousands of people

OH shit! I never noticed that!

>Implying it was ever intended to be interpreted this way

What other way is there to interpret it? Finn has his back to everything but hears the screams and turns.

Screams were there to convey that something bad was happening, tie shots together, nothing more