Why hasn't denzel curry caught as much popularity/attention as all these trash rappers have...

Why hasn't denzel curry caught as much popularity/attention as all these trash rappers have? I mean I know everyone and their mothers have heard ult and ultimate but his other songs are really good too? Just curious if there's any reason that I don't know of, or if anyone has conflicting opinions but I feel that he deserves more attention and fame.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jiNLTGt4A4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Curry's sound is far more abrasive since his flow is fast and he's shouting through it all. That being said, that kind intensity also works the best with trap imo.

Modern day dmx except not as interesting

I mean he does this over more laid back beats (ULT) which is interesting.
DMX rapped about gang banging and nigger culture, curry raps about things people actually know of (referencing shows and other pop culture).

Really dumb comparison. Go think about what you just said.

Prolly because he lives a sober lifestyle

Denzel’s been straight edge for years and he’s a weeaboo not street at all you’re dumb as fuck

I think he'll get the recognition he needs when he drops his next album. His 13 EP was really interesting and i hope he uses that sound in his next album. Plus he hasn't released much music yet.

Probably not? Look at those twizzler dreads dude, you know he smokes straight pressure.

This is true hopefully, I hated culture 2 even though I enjoy their voices on some tracks they release. I need something good from someone good after this let down.

youtube.com/watch?v=jiNLTGt4A4M
Watch the first minute of the interview. He is straight edge now

he calls out white people and expresses his hate for white people in many of his songs, while he's not wrong when you consider popular rap music is almost entirely geared to please white people you can see where that doesn't work out.

Good on him, I appreciate it when rappers who preach about good stuff like this actually live it (unlike others, to name one XXXtentacion).

Didn't migos say something against gay people on culture 2? White people love gay people so idk if that's entirely accurate.

yes but it's not the overarching theme of their music

just a matter of exposure tbqh.

if Ultimate ended up in a fucking sneaker commercial that aired during a single NFL game, that'd be the tipping point and dude would be everywhere tomorrow.

>the Denzel Curry hates white people poster is back

he's too talented

True, but a lot of rappers that don't blow up rap about the same stuff they do? All I'm wondering is where's the difference between quality artists and popular ones.
That'd be too lit man, although it would be kinda cringey if they brought back that song since it was with that water bottle flipping trend, y'know a bunch of out of touch white people would be behind said commercial.

Also didn't denzel curry start the 'clout goggle' trend thing? I'm pretty sure he was one of the poster-boys for that.

yeah it just came to mind as the song easiest to tack onto a commercial blasted out into pop culture. i guess a more example is if Good Night showed up in a Miller commercial.

regardless, i just think with a little bit more promotion he's could tip over. there's no reason he SHOULDN'T be bigger. and after the reviews all come back lukewarm on this new Migos, get ready for all the press cranking out "hey is the trap moment over now?"

>hell is your worst memory

Yea, but after the trap movement is over, is the lyrical movement gonna start? The 'alternative'? What's next y'know?