*subverts your genre*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gkyuy3_HR2c
youtube.com/watch?v=zvrCzcJrhng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THANKS THUGGER BABY

Honestly pretty much the only modern rapper that I'm still interested in

*Uziverts your genre*

>Saves your genre only to unintentionally ruin it again by influencing a horrible new generation.

PLEASE WATCH THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=gkyuy3_HR2c

*exposes your genre*

>The MACROCOSM is where "stars" are "seen" and "received".
>You CANNOT ENTER THE MACROCOSM AS A "STAR" WITHOUT A PERSONAL SACRIFICE.
>Not just time, energy and money.
>Something of yours has to be violated.
>After receiving such violation(s), you learn about the OTHER realms.
>The conscious and the subconscious.
>I've been talking/blogging/rapping about this since...
>(whistles)
>When you sign a contract, you CONSCIOUSLY submit your MICROCOSM to the MACROCOSM of the SUBCONSCIOUS.
>Such is called "selling your soul".
>You have no privacy.
>And this is just the contract part.
>If a label/conglomerate of entertainment takes a liking to you, they introduce you to The Phoenix, aka Taking Back Sunday, bka Jack's Gun ("Modern Art!").
>It is a tall, Empire State Building-shaped, SHARP yet obtuse (wide) pulsating device of which you have to mount and ride for as long as you want to be famous.
>If you can survive.
>You can choose which hole it goes into.
>If it goes into your reproductive organs, you'll be a sex symbol.
>If it goes into your anus, you will be a symbol of wisdom.
>And whenever you are called to "do it", you either do it or lose your place in the MACROCOSM of the SUBCONSCIOUS.
>Aka, fall off.
>This, ON TOP of the homosexual acts you MUST partake in, in order to be "accepted".
>Never have I, never will I.
>"And THAT'S the reason why I ain't penetrate yet!" -Charles Hamilton, "Charles Hamilton (2007 version)"

lmao thugger ain't "subversive" he's just an extension of some of the idiosyncracies that've swirled around southern rap over the last decade or so

yeah i can get behind that general descriptor of kanye’s work

if only he had stayed that kind of “at the end of the day, like most artists, im still kind of a vulnerable self-concious guy” instead of “literally kiss the ground where i walk, i could just record my dick slapping against a microphone and people would eat it up because im KANYE WEST” because it literally gave every rapper in the entire fucking country a free pass to do the same thing

its sad that arguably the most popular artist in the country lost sight of the fact that every great artist ever basically had to leave some self-loathing intact, otherwise the work became too much about them and not enough about the human experience as a whole

Why do you fags always overanalyze Kanye's work. All the guy did was have catchy samples sometimes and put mediocre verses on top of them. It was never his message that made him famous. He makes the most basic observations that a 13 yr. old can about the world and doesn't really say anything unique or thought provoking. He makes some damn good instrumentals, so good they fool people into thinking his music is deeper than it actually is. And this is coming from someone who bumped nothing but Kanye during my entire high school life and has seen him live.

This. He's the child of Lil Wayne, whose swag/goofiness he inherited, who had access to auto-tune and post-Kanye emotional singrap from the start of his career

as for the wackiness of Southern rap, people seem to forget shit like Travis Porter existed in 2010
youtube.com/watch?v=zvrCzcJrhng

*almost saves emo and rap but dies*

That wasn't even that bad, kanyefags aren't even the worst dickriders

this
his sound is actually revolutionary

either way, I find his music really original compared to every other trap rapper I've heard. The way he uses his voice sounds great. I'm a fan and I dont even really like modern rap.

>saves your genre 3 times

*sucks dick*

>He didn't have a legit benzo prescription

Rookie move on his part

where is the love for my man????????????

Porter’s nothing like thugger

ironically his sound is just worse young thug with le punk undertones