Why do Americans use British commentators when they broadcast soccer games?

Why do Americans use British commentators when they broadcast soccer games?

They like BBC

Fox Sports uses Americans. Makes me envy the deaf.

pork loin

british / scottish are the best for soccer matches

american announcers sound flat to my ears. i like the accents when i watch soccer for some reason

if you ever listened to old games on ESPN with american commentators you'd understand
fucking dire

Liar. Just watched Wolfsburg - Dortmund on FS1 and they used 2 British commentators

no commentator in America knows anything about soccer

Same reason we use American commentators for NFL games that are broadcast here.

its cheaper

Knowing US soccer fans, they're probably Americans faking the accent

Better to listen to clueless americans than latin american/spanish commentators speaking very poor english

Because you are mirroring the American stream? Not so sure the Americans are mirroring the British stream on the other hand. I just think they hire British commentators.

You now imagine Joe Buck doing soccer commentary

i'd rather listen to some mexican speaking poor english than an american desu

True. They spend all their energy and passion NFL, MLB or NBA.

AND HERE IS THEE-OH WALL-COT ON THE LEFT WINGSIDE AND HE DELIVERS HIS CROSSING TO THE FEET OF MESUT URZIL WHO SHOOTS IT INTO THE NET, ONE NIL ARSHENAL AND ITS A GLORIOUS KICK FROM MESUT URZIL

>Why do Americans use British commentators when they broadcast soccer games?
1 word explains it all:
cucked

for how boring the games are most of the time he'd probably be great for it

>"And Fabregas is in AGAIN! AND SCORES AGAI-, my apologies that seems to be an instant replay"

Every time.

this. i turn shit off if its taylor twellman or alexi lolass or some other 'boom goes the dynamite' dipshit

No, when SKY broadcast that stuff we always get a ceremonial Yank alongside a British commentator.

It's partly because of and also because it adds 'authenticity'.

did this really happen? clip pls

john strong and stu holden are the GOAT american soccer broadcast team
the english are better though. especially the ones that do the champions league.

Because i'd rather hang myself than listen to fucking Taylor Twellman

Americans don't really watch soccer so the talent pool is too shallow for American commentators. You could take a decent commentator and make him watch a bunch of soccer, but without a real interest from childhood he would never be good.

Racism

hahahahahahhahaha

Because they think that everyone with a British accent is smart and knowledgeable.

underrated post

American commentators never studied or trained in calling soccer, they all came from other sports. That's how you end up with abominations like when Gus Johnson called soccer games for a while.

I'm sorry Serbs can only march for frostbitten corpses.

you want to be taught kun fu by a chink, not by an abo

Kek

Truly a bizarre post

>british / scottish

agreed
and in general i'm extremely annoyed by the whole
>GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
shit, it's so fake it hurts

the commentators i prefer besides italians are the french, they can actually convey excitement without using some tired gimmick

>when american commentators try to pronounce latin sounding names with a Spanish accent
Embarrassing

Ameritads, never change.

Everyone hates hearing about one-to-nothing leads, or back-to-back wins, even Ameribros themselves.

Whatever you say Christmas-russia