So, what's Sup Forums consensus in 2018?

So, what's Sup Forums consensus in 2018?

>IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR THE NIGHT

hipster soy garbage

Lion in a Coma is the only track that aged well

I hope I can die already

4 or 5 good tracks

It's like most non hip-hop mucore. Most people think its fine and enjoy it from time to time, the contrarians hate it but still have to give brothersport it's due.

>aged well
what does this mean

Still sounds interesting in the present day

the album cover is still moving

thats the worst track

not as good as Sung Tongs

good but I try not to talk about anco on Sup Forums because now it's mixed with fans and haters but I can tell it'll go more to the haters as time goes on

I still love it. This album is magic on hot summer nights.

ninth post best post

>only track that aged well
nah

>but still have to give brothersport it's due.
I'm very happy to see how much people agree that Brother Sport is great, I love it too

Cuqck

open your fucking eyes, Sup Forums.
you love this album. you always have and you always will.

yknow even if it does remind me a bit too much of what you guys call soy I still like it

what doesn't Sup Forums call soy though

Uneven. Great tracks like Summertime Clothes and Bluish, but filler like Guys Eyes and Taste.
I never understood the hate for Lion in a Coma though.

Bluish is magical. Pretty upsetting that in the original Pitchfork review, the writer identified Bluish as the only weak spot, calling it something like cheesy soft rock. The album was given a 9.6 out of 10, which makes me think the writer actually believes that the album would be a 10 without Bluish...

Just...

I like Taste though and Guy Eyes. Hell I love every track on this album.

its a good record but they could have cut a lot of fat off this album

the worst animal collective album 4/10

listened to this on headphones a couple nights ago. holds up really well.

Fuck you, Guys Eyes is the best song on the album. Definitely top 5 AnCo songs for me.

fuck Sup Forums contrarians, this album is still amazing to this day. it's very creative but it keeps a radio friendly sound, although i prefer their other works like sung tongs or spirits they're gone, this album is still amazing and i'm sure when Sup Forums is done with it's Sup Forums phase it'll be loved again.

>a radio friendly sound
Literally what are you saying? Have you heard what's on the radio these days? Which one of the songs on MPP would fit into a radio format?

lol AnCo is one of the cuckest bands of all time

>Elder God tier
Sung Tongs
Hollinndagain

>Great tier
Feels
STGSTV
Fall be Kind

>Good tier
Strawberry Jam
People
Campfire Songs

The other albums aren't worth mentioning.

It's very clear to me that the writer was a nigger

>nostalgiafag

>very creative but it keeps a radio friendly sound
Do they have other albums like this? Thought Painting With would be like that after hearing golden gal and florida but i was a bit disappointed with the rest of the songs in that aspect

my girls was on XM radio a bunch on it's first release, but recently no i don't believe i've heard any song on the radio like Marriweather

No one noticing these continuous trips/dubs

Its a good album.

If it weren't good we wouldn't still be posting it

no sadly they ditched MPP's sound after Centipede HZ. Strawberry Jam is the closest you'll get.

What about Fall Be Kind?

i first listened to MPP in September of 2017 libtard

Thought you'd mention strawberry jam yeah, merriweather still kinda stands on a different level though. But I'll give it another go.
Why couldn't PW be more like MPP btw. I was so excited when I first heard golden girl

yes what i've heard of that EP is a very cinematic take on MPP.

This Album Will Be 10 Years Old In 344 Days.

god that album was one of the biggest disappointments i've gone through, after waiting so long and they give us that. hopefully they come through with something better next time.

A...

It's the inferior version of Centipede Hz.

this thread was worth it for this

Absolute garbage when it was released.

Absolute garbage still today.

The absolute worst in hipster trash. 0/10, would much rather stab burning hot soldering irons in my ears than listen to it ever again.

THERE ISN'T MUCH
THAT I FEEL I NEEEEED

>taste
>filler
:\

try again in 9 years and tell me what you think

It's one of my favorite albums of all time, might have to do with the fact that I was coming of age around the time I found it, but I still rank it up there.

it only makes sense on weed. Smoke weed.

Merriweather, Fall Be Kind, and ODDSAC would have been the perfect way for them to end the 2000's and Animal Collective. The six month period between ODDSAC and Keep was when they'd done absolutely everything in their capability and where every single album in their discography was completely necessary.

it still moves