North Korean ICBM from Japan's view

>North Korean ICBM from Japan's view

Now they can 'look' at it lol

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20170729/k10011079571000.html
twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/891056671266676737
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Source video? I'd like to see in HD.
Still, that looks very dangerous, if it weren't a test missile, there're high chances that area would have become ashes.
I've seen many nuclear test videos before and the lighting, size and speed of the object all look exactly the same right before the nuke blows everything up.

thatts some scary shit. i mean one day it might not be aiming at the water ..

Japanese should counter act.

www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20170729/k10011079571000.html

Japan is a bomb testing ground at this point.

Been that way for awhile now

I wonder if the missile has already been recovered, for analyzing the technology at least.
Thanks for the link op.

this is for the comfort women, jap pig

I might be wrong but I do not believe the missile was over land at any point. It flew within like 500 miles of the Japanese mainland but not over it. Even still I'm rather surprised they didn't intercept it. Japan has the Aegis anti-ballistic missile system. I mean I'm sure they were tracking it over the whole time of flight but it's a bit risky letting it get so close. The earlier you attempt to intercept the better since if you miss the first one you will likely have the time to try again. I'm not entirely sure how much time you get or what stage of ICBM flight these systems are designed to intercept in though. Probably either just after launch or during reentry.

>Even still I'm rather surprised they didn't intercept it.
It's not on Israel level of awareness yet, that stuff never works properly when it needs to.
Rather than hitting land, I would be worried about mid-air detonation, even at that distance some consequences are definitely going to happen on land too, maybe even a tsunami.

Ironically if Trump bombs North Korea to oblivion he is going to save anime,all those alt-right memes will become real in some way.

North Korea's most modern Taepodong missile technology consists of a solid rocket fuel booster with a malnourished North Korean strapped to it whose job it is to keep the missile's flightpath stable and to act as guidance by moving two metal rods that control the fins.

Kim Il Sung's brilliance delivered this wonderous technology. America can never hope to compete.

>that stuff never works properly when it needs to
It's much better than the Patriot missile system of old. Not perfect but it's better than nothing. If you get enough time to have more than one shot at a successful intercept I think the odds are very good. Plus an intercept wouldn't trigger a detonation. Implosion type weapons only go off if triggered in the right way. There are special shaped charges that compress the material to the point when fission occurs, an external explosion doesn't do that properly. It will scatter the radioactive fissile material but it's a small price to pay compared to the alternative.

>even at that distance some consequences are definitely going to happen
If North Korea had a 50MT nuke I'd agree with you but let's be realistic here, they aren't going to have very high yield weapons. I'd be surprised if they even managed 20kt. Yeah, an airburst will throw some radioactive material out but 500mi away over the ocean I think the threat to civilians is fairly minimal. Biggest threat would be to the local fishing industry.

it's really retarded what they're doing, it doesn't make sense, if the missile landed more near to the coast I doubt the japs would just ignore it like that, I mean even if they aren't ignoring this, it would be much worse if it actually landed to a distance that could hit a passing coast guard patrol ship for example, or a fuel cargo ship.

Why don't we just proceed to nuke the dick out of each other and everone else lost as a result?

what am I looking at?

also:
CHI

>nuke the dick out of each other
>each other

You're mistaken. A nuclear exchange with North Korea would be very one-sided and not in their favor. You're talking about a country that has what, less than 10 nukes? Versus the US with thousands and higher yield as well. Nuclear war with North Korea would be over in about 10 minutes.

That of course assumes we jump straight to the nuclear option and don't try to mount a conventional war first.

as I thought, has kim gone insane after all? for north korea there's nothing to gain from a conflict with the rest of the world, it makes no damn sense, unless they've an ace in the sleeve, like some super advanced nuclear fission technology that they discovered by pure chance.

Can US and allies solve this problem safely? Or is there only military option? I can't find any peaceful method except war at this point.

>Can US and allies solve this problem safely
of course we can, we did it last time by handing them left over crumbs, but in a few years the whole show is back on and this time they have missiles and nukes.

should we invade north korea?

>invading a country when you have no real military

only takes one to land on the hoover dam area, source of the mississippi, a big calafornian fault line, great lakes, etc and thousands of miles could be ruined for generations. not much of a win, buti get your point thouth, nk would be rubble by that point. but the chinese might not be happy with all those missles and radiation being near their neighbourhood, its not cut n dry.

invade south korea first and work your way up. Make sure to get yourself some local whores though, war sucks.

they're just complete idiots

North Korea has no possible way of taking on the entire world

you can't with 300k people, even though nork is broke and starving, even if they manage to arm properly only 10% of their troops, it's still double your numbers and plus you'll be fighting in enemy territory, unless you get support from surrounding countries there's no chance.

I fully understand why kim is making conflicts because kim and his advisors are literally devil who can do everything in order to maintain his brutal regime. He is devil on the earth and I'm not exaggerating. As North Korean people are also terribly ignorant savages, we shouldn't sympathize both regime and people. They will fall eventually.

Eventually is a long time

It is not about war you dumb fuck, that is the last thing on their minds, the guys want to be recognize as a power and with all the perks it comes with it. With flying nukes they can get better shit from us, china, russia or anyone else that pushes their shit.

He probably is feeling humiliated by the exchanges with America as of late so he's trying to talk a bigger game than he's playing. It's a dangerous bluff that could have major consequences for him and his countrymen.

Here's my analysis of where we are at right now. We have three options. Nuclear war. Conventional war. Do nothing.

Nuclear war provides the quickest resolution but does a lot of collateral damage. Non-combatants will be killed and radiation could pose a major risk to nearby nations. On top of that we will be strongly condemned by many nations for using nuclear weapons as a first resort. The way I see it we can only use nukes if the North Koreans attempt or successfully carry out a nuclear attack on another nation. We can't nuke them for carrying out tests even if they are intended to provoke us.

We could probably mount a conventional war with North Korea without them launching a preemptive attack. It would be a more reasonable response to all the provocation with the tests however then you run a greater risk of them carrying out a nuclear attack on South Korea or Japan. Once they are backed into a corner they will be more likely to use nukes.

Doing nothing might seem like a ridiculous response but it might actually be the best one. Resources should be spent developing anti-ballistic missile technology and missile tracking systems to increase odds of intercept. We basically call Kim's bluff and have ABMs as a fallback in case he does carry out an actual attack. If he does launch a nuclear attack then we are clear to respond with nuclear force and end this war very quickly.

having nuclear weapons levels the playing field. even with a outdated army and smaller economy they can inflict massive casualties if anybody invades. nuclear weapons allow kims regime to survive, not having them means he is always at the mercy of a potential regime change.

Wtf
Literally int is only info source for the no tv

I don't think a country barely surviving on internal propaganda and foreign aids will last long time. I expect their lifespan is within an half century

Buy tv you poorfag

Military options won't cause us any harm, but it would be pretty fucking bad for you, Japan, and China.

All dictatorships fall eventually.

from 1960-2017. life expectancy has gone from 51-70. things are actually improving.

Don't forget /news/ and probably Sup Forums is already all over this too, since everyone is always waiting for real happenings kek. As last resort you can always check online news outlets/blogs.
There was breakingnews.com that was very useful but they ceased activity last year.

Kim is trying to finish what America started and destroy the weeb menace.
God bless him

twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/891056671266676737

>tfw with Trump we might actually blunder our way into war

Rather killing myself than buying LG
I think too the war sounds interesting
I will pirate every store if really happend and fuck the weathly
Yes Sup Forums our life

China has sat on their hands and done nothing for fear of destabilizing their border region. There are also reputedly political divisions between conservatives in the CCP who still hold onto the Cold War notion of Pyongyang being an ideological partner that they lost hundreds of thousands of lives saving in 1950-53, and liberals who just think the regime is an outdated embarrassment stuck in the 1960s.

There is nothing worth to save past 2009

>Latest missile has range to Chicago

I'm not even memeing when I think a nuclear strike against North Korea should be highly considered.

im sure trump will be a great leader if such a thing where to occurred, that is why we voted for him after all. Otherwise we would be screwed due to our own stupidity.

You agreed to never declare war ever again after WW2. You only have self-defense military.

By the way, the moment North Korea unironically decides to be hostile and launch a missile, it will get intercepted, and the US + Russia will respond with a nuke right above Pyongyang

why would russia even give a fuck?

We has millitary but no law to invade to other country.

US and Russia are allied and they also fucking hate NK. China is neutral, but if they get swayed to join the cause, they'll vaporize NK.

looks fake

>US and Russia are allied
wat

It seems to me they are indifferent to the whole affair considering it is easier for us to do the dirty work.

bruh

Russia just expelled some of our diplomats from Moscow in retaliation for sanctions imposed on them. We may be allies on paper but it's a bit more complicated than that in reality.

I'd go so far as to put between 5-10% odds that in the event of war with North Korea Russia backs the North Koreans and provides them with arms and food and stuff. They may hate North Korea but I could see Putin doing it to fuck with us and to test Trump.

mate... I got some bad news for you

if Hilary had won, Cold War 2 would be happening right now. Trump saved your asses from being in hostility with Russia

>it will get intercepted
The missile defence command center will be SARIN'D by NK ninjas first.

Russia won't back NK. They're using subterfuge, not overt political suicide.

>I can't find any peaceful method except war at this point

What if we airdropped thousands of leaflets over Pyongyang denouncing Kim as a tyrant and calling on the people to overthrow him?

You will be opposed to it If Japan gets to be able to invade other country won't you?

they would starve in a week. The only reason it is in power is because they control all the food the country makes and receives from donors.

NKoreans aren't fans of Kim, nor do they blindly see him as the glorious leader, it's just that if they don't pretend, the secret police pays them a visit, it's that they can be sent to a gulag, it's that they and their family will starve, with a government powerful enough to stop a revolt right from the root
Whenever a retarded journalist goes there and says "hahaha, why don't you just, like, revolt man, are you really that dumb that you idolize kim like that?" the NK representative will just smile and praise the leader, just putting them between a rock and a hard place. Otherwise they get sent to labor camp

They are too brainwashed. Most of the citizenry would likely just become enraged as would the leadership and I think it would make them more likely to launch a nuke. These people have been raised on state propaganda their entire lives, dropping a couple of leaflets won't magically turn them into critical thinkers and cause them to suddenly turn on their leader. Deprogramming people can take years.

Those few who would consider overthrowing him probably won't due to lack of resources, like of energy due to starvation, and fear for the lives of their families if their plot is found out.

This kind of plan is way too simplistic and will never work.

>meanwhile, in Norway
Bros forever

Japan doesn't have cruise missiles so what can they even do?

>nuclear strike

Incredibly unwise idea on a global scale, they'd still have enough time to level Seoul before it impacted, you'd render part of NK inhabitable for the reunification, and I'm sure china would just LOVE an american ally on their border.

China want nothing less than NK to fall

people say the bombings on Japan were a necessary evil to stop them from any further war.
Only way no one will care if NK gets nuked is IF they nuke something first.
Nuking them is the last resort option, not something they'll do first.

>I'm sure china would just LOVE an american ally on their border.
That was the old 1960's thinking. Right now, they are more worry of the consequences of the regime collapsing, specially the zerg rush of rapefugees they would get.

buy sony/panasonic

So a war breaks out. Now you got millions refugees. What then? SK won't take them, will you? Their infrastructure is in tatters and the people lack any education about the world as well as higher education on a modern level. Will you rebuild their country over the course of generations? Most of them barely know there's an outside world. They'll feel lost and concentrate into ghettos, avoiding the scary new world they were taught were monsters (and enforced when the West attacks). Will you risk little Pyongyangs in your cities?

And not even a whole generation later will nationalism wanting the good old days back appear again, like with USSR.

It's not gonna be a simple attack and clean up. It's gonna be another Somalia, and boy did we fuck that one up.

>NKoreans aren't fans of Kim

You have never met any North Korean in real life,right????
They are strong of kim family.

>US and Russia are allied and they also fucking hate NK

And if he wasn't so incompetent dealing with Obamacare, democrats and NK, you can be sure as hell he would fuck Mexico beyond recognition, and potentially start a war "on cartels" on our own territory.

Strong fan* of kim family

Yeah, that's basically the same conclusion I reached. We cannot start the war. North Korea has to attack somebody first and then we are completely justified to stop them by any means necessary.

This is why ABMs are so important. Since all scenarios involving war with North Korea begin with them launching the first strike it's critically important that we have the means to intercept it so Seoul or Tokyo are not leveled first.

lol? Trump doesn't give a single fuck about Mexico. He only doesn't want our wetbacks in his country fucking their women and taking their jobs.
He couldn't care less about the cartels, drug dealing and government corruption. That's our own shit to deal with.

World politics will never be the same if the West uses nukes again, no matter what reasoning. Suddenly everyone will start stockpiling them again since nukes became a valid option again, and one we no longer fear to use.

North korea is rightful ruler of korean peninsula hope they remove capitalist pig soon
Everyone here is just brainwashed by south ''korean''

Would a mid-air collision be possible with a missile and a plane?

Is that why he was about to fuck NAFTA before knowing he would screw rednecks that sell us their corn in the process and promised we would pay for the wall?

I don't know if you are american or a chicano to not remember our currency went down in december and january because of him.

it's too late, tokyo has already suspended the article 9 and in every street people are yelling to make gooks know their position again with "traditional measures" it's happening i've never seen a situation like this in my 15 years of stay in japan.

Continue teaching english my good friend, it is the only thing to do.

Zainichis will be a tough situation in Japan.

Someone with more than half a brain could please answer this,
Why don't the USA (for example) send out a hitman etc and have that fat little man (and his "government") killed before he starts a nuclear war?
They haven't built missiles good enough yet so would it not be better to "stomp out the fire" before it becomes too big?

And how do you propose we get people into the country? The border is heavily guarded and I'm not just referring to the DMZ. Whoever we insert is going to stick out like a sore thumb so they have to remain hidden. On top of that they need to get close enough to the dear leader and his cronies to take him out. It'd be a major logistical nightmare and would be extremely risky for the team we send in. Getting captured is guaranteed torture and execution.

Also figure we have limited military intelligence about North Korea. We have satellite imagery and that's about it. Nobody can tell you where their military patrols and what's where. Any team we send in would literally be sent in blind.

If this plan worked it'd be a goddamn miracle. Hell it'd be a miracle if they failed to kill him but they managed to escape the country alive. It'll never work.

Ah yes, the solution every 12 year old philosopher realizes.

This is real life, not Call of Duty.

I heard Norks made that ICBM out of a rusty Honda Civic???

nippon confirmed for communist collaborators

We already tried. We can't afford to lose anymore good men.

Goddammit, N.Korea already tries to exploit enough! Goddamn leeches sucking off the taxpayer tit!

>warmbeer

>good men

more like lost unnecessary baggage.

that's so cool

did you know that kim jong il also had the brilliant idea of an adjustable desk?

Fuck off.

If there is any country deserving of being nuked, it's yours.

Truly amazing technical prowess that no western nation could ever hope to match.

>Why don't the USA (for example) send out a hitman etc and have that fat little man (and his "government") killed before he starts a nuclear war?
China already tried it. Ended up with a guy being fed to starving dogs.

yes, and thanks to them i'll be able to go to japan and play megami tensei irl soon

You don't understand we tried to pull another bay of pigs, and it came back to bite us in the ass. Otto took the fall for all of us.

Pls respond, genuinely curious.

>you dont understand

I dont want to understand american motivation

cuz it comes down to muh dick is bigger than yours

cuz ignorance is bliss n shiet