How do I listen to this with headphones without fucking my shit up?

How do I listen to this with headphones without fucking my shit up?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nattens_madrigal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you don't. it's part of the deal. good album tho imo

fuuuck, welp, tinnitus here I come

Just listened to the entire album and I still dont have tinnitus you fucking pussy

just lower the volume lol

your time will come

it's not about the volume, it's the frequency and the insane treble

Get the 2014 remastered edition you bitchass nigga

insane amount of*

I've done it plenty of times and never got tinnitus. Don't be a pussy.

this

you don't because the album is shit

(You)

you should never waste, even if it is soy milk

I expected this to be terribly tinny but it wasn't that bad. Put the volume on extremely low to start the album and slowly inch it up until you feel comfortable.

t. Black metal listener

is there a band with a more varied discography than Ulver?

Just found the 2014 remaster on the archive, it's so much better desu

Oh yeah I forgot they remastered it

In metal? I doubt it

Noisiness of the music doesn't actually have an affect on whether or not you develop tinnitus btw. More about volume and duration of listening.

Listening to this remastered literally defeats the point. It's supposed to sound raw and noisy.

>t. le trve kvlt metvl pro

Don't care, it's more enjoyable to my ears and I can appreciate the beauty of the melodies much more.

music > muh aesthetics

Just heard it.

Its unlistenable. Why do they do this shit?

But it IS part of the music. The ridiculously raw aspect of the guitars is done so the two guitars (which are always playing two different parts through the album at any given time) kinda meld together into this kinda grand but monstrous sounding thing. Not only that, but the grandiosity in sound is only further helped by the fact that the more distorted a guitar is, the more overtones it ends up hitting, too.

Sorry you can't handle any mastering that's not generically overproduced.

>the ridiculously raw aspect of the guitars is done so the two guitars (which are always playing two different parts through the album at any given time) kinda meld together into this kinda grand but monstrous sounding thing.

but that's like your interpretation, man

I mean, it's kinda what happens when you listen to the album. The guitars are panned one to each side then it just kinda all gobbles up together.

You’re pretending like this was the intended effect when it was just the result of the poor production

No, they intentionally recorded it like that, it was obviously the intended effect. The way the guitars work off of each other didn't just happen by some accident. This album was released on Century Media, it's not like they didn't have access to better recording equipment if they chose.

who cares, it physically hurts your fucking ears to listen to.

ok pleb

>No, they intentionally recorded it like that, it was obviously the intended effect.

source please

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nattens_madrigal
>"Putting out Nattens madrigal via a big label was kind of an antagonistic move. They probably expected a prettied-up Bergtatt, you know? We didn't want to conform to any business model. We still don't. It got into the mainstream and people became very adept at playing and producing professional records, and as a result of that it lost a lot of the magic that it held to me when I was a teenager listening to old Celtic Frost rehearsals, or old Mayhem demos. I'm still very much like that. I'd rather listen to old lo-fi recordings than the perfect retro-band, you know. So I was part of a different scene, a different vibe."

>This album was released on Century Media, it's not like they didn't have access to better recording equipment if they chose.

I'm not the guy you are replying to, but if you took the time to read the wiki article on the album, you would know that this is false.

yeah sorry i don't want to listen to something physically painful. i listen to stuff with much more lo-fi production, but it doesn't sound like sticking power drills in your ears

btw the music is mediocre and gay as fuck

all that this says is that it was a 'fuck you' to the label, and nothing more. You are reaching so hard right now it is laughable. The lo-fi aesthetic was made to stay 'trve' to the scene and not for the sole purpose of blending two different guitars together. If you can't see the production, as anything less than a gimmick, especially considering the climate of Norwegian black metal in the '90s, you are a retard.

Is it this difficult for you to imagine that they would play in a way to complement the recording style knowing that it would be lo-fi?

hence why Ulver gave the okay for it to be remastered in the first place.

/thread

Admit it, this album has garbage production that couldn't possibly complement anything. Even that Moonblood demo recorded in a bathroom is more listenable than this.

not when you compare it to the contextual history of the black metal movement at that time along with the very wiki article you posted.

On max volume, no buts.