Serious question: why does Pokemon and capeshit have their own boards...

Serious question: why does Pokemon and capeshit have their own boards, but the objectively patrician franchise known as mother fucking STAR WARS does not?

Objectively patrician? You're joking right?

Because its not japanese

No, of course not. Star Wars is awesome, nerd.

>why Pokemon NEED its own board because have a huge fanbase in Sup Forums instead SW?
>why people likes Pokemon more than SW?
>why people like some I don't like?

>Pokemon as a franchise spans video games, animation, movies, and trading cards, all of which are of equivalently decent quality and mutually exclusive with their own distinct fanbases
>Star Wars as a franchise spans 8 hit-or-miss films comprising the core of its canon as well as a convoluted mess of subpar related media which only a monolithic group of megalosers care about
Gee I wonder why.

>equivalently decent quality

So, simplistic shit made for children?

Are you seriously comparing the mass appeal of Star Wars vs. Pokemon? Get real, faggot. Tie Fighter 98' alone is a better media experience than anything Pokemon has EVER made.

You're the nerd, if you objectively think star wars is anything other than a dumb popcorn movie.

Capeshit doesn't have its own board.

You seem to have made a grave mistake in your post. You seem to have implied that Star Wars is not also simplistic shit made for children.

Maybe if the proportion between high quality Star Wars media and subpar shlock was better than Pokemon's, you'd have a point.

>Tie Fighter 98' alone is a better media experience than anything Pokemon has EVER made.

Sales and cultural impact says the opposite.

i'd love it for you starwars and capeshitters to get a containment board

If it was the original Star Wars, you would've had a point. But with the current Star Wars? Nah. That's like asking for the CSI series to have their own boards. Come on.

Because Star Wars needs to constantly spam Sup Forums enough to get its own board. Right now Star Wars is only really active around the time of new movies, that's not enough for a board.

I agree. Keep that garbage away from this board so the quality discussion can come back.

There you go

>this board
>quality discussion

>magic in space!!

I've stopped saying I like sci-fi because people assume I like Star Wars.

multimedia stuff should have their own boards (tats the logic behind the pokemon board) DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Evangelion, WWE, LoTR, all should have their own containment boards.

cos this ain't reddit

SWfags hated the prequels because of the space politics scene(s)
>The Star Trek franchise and Babylon 5 are some of the best sci fi shows ever made
Guess we know who the casuals are

I wish capeshit had it's own board. Don't get me wrong, i love capeshit, and i would not need to browse in threads about boring ass movies and boring ass comics and cartoons to find it.

Space fantasy is good when it's done right (see Farscape)
Star Wars gets it right sometimes, but rips off Japanese film too much.

Pokemon was taking up huge space on Sup Forums and other boards and /vp/ is more than popular enough to sustain itself

SW is only popular on Sup Forums and like one relevant thread in Sup Forums and would not be popular enough on its own

Capeshit doesn't have its own board so I dunno what you're on about

>capeshit
>it's own board

What? Sup Forums sure as hell isn't it since it gets drowned out by "why aren't there more gay people? So homophobic" or SUG threads. Unless you mean Sup Forums, in which case the joke flew over my head there

NEVER create a sw only board.

Here, we can helkp you get grounded when you autism out and start recalling trivia from extended universe shit who should be erased from existance. Here, we can help you get grounded when you start nerdgasming over the prequels, rogue one and tfa

Star Wars is movie for children and neckbeards while Pokemon is a video game for children and neckbeards

we should really just have a /tvg/

Fucking gorgeous feet.

Would it be too disrespectful if I rubbed one out to her tonight?

I don't care that this woman is dead. She did nothing more to advance culture or humanity than I have and nobody will mourn my loss because I didn't have a hot body in my prime.
Besides, Star Wars is for children. Call me when the next TOS cast member dies.

Pokemon doesn't have a board because its highly regarded.
It has a board because it needs to be contained.

get smart dillweed

Because Star Wars doesn't generate enough threads and discussion to justify its own board. Seems fine on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Pokemon has its own board for a number of reasons:
1) Sup Forums was too fast and needed to be split up anyway.
2) Pokemon threads filled Sup Forums before the split, they needed a containment thread
3) Pokemon spreads across multiple media: video games, TV, trading cards, manga, toys, etc. One thread simply isn't enough to contain all discussion.
4) Being a multiplayer video game, there will always be people who want to arrange trades/battles. These kinds of people need a slower way of communicating with each other, a single thread for all Pokemon discussion would move far too quickly for them. Having a dedicated Pokemon board is ideal for them.
5) Pokemon has an active metagame that has plenty to talk about. There are over 800 Pokemon now and many of them play very differently to each other.
6) /vp/ also functions as a containment board for furries.

Star Wars wouldn't come close to generating the amount of threads that /vp/ generates.

>did nothing more to advance culture than I did

LOL! No. You're a faggot.

What the fuck would you talk about on an entire star wars movies

knowing Sup Forums it would inevitably end up being about waifus and nothing else

capeshit has it's own board?

>24/7 goodfriendposting
>24/7 sheevposting
>24/7 droidattackonthewookieposting
>24/7 yaddleposting
>24/7 prequelposting

it would be heavenly

Sheevposting is the dumbest shit and I want to punch every single one of you faggots who never miss an opportunity to call the Emperor Sheev so we can all see that you're "in".

Mostly it's nice to have you here to laugh at you. Star wars fans are much like the retard in the group I like having cause it's easy laughs and bonding with the rest of the guys.

Actually I never thought about it that way, shitpeople bring the decent ones closer together, much like morons discussing star wars all the time creates pockets of discussion about real art. Nice.

>make a bravepost on 4chins
>"it aint sheev" starts playing

so brave for standing up to memes