/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Sonic Blue edition.

Previously on /gg/: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXzalAcMXWc
youtu.be/ivhRVnncjXg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

guitars suck

NO KIKES, DYKES, TRANNIES ALLOWED

Guess you'll see yourself out then you cumrag

>TRANNIES
there go 99% of the thread

Back on track.

No, I'm a wealthy, tall, handsome, straight white male with a 7 inch throbbing erection @ butthurt tumblrqueers

They get so mad

Lol

Pleb tier
Those are rookie instruments
Although the one on the right is pretty sexy

I gotta cut my nails before I do that thing where I scratch the board during a vibrato.

Jesus that makes me cringe even just thinking about

Unavailabilty has made me want one more. They just fucking dried up on Reverb and I'm pissed.

They'll be back soon anyway
Big market crash coming this year. People will be selling em' cheap don't you worry, they'll be selling everything they own

>tfw no JMJM gf

Yeah, ridiculous prices cannot keep going. I have my wish list at the ready.

No I mean like in 2008, but bigger

Ebin may-may edition?

I had to read it twice. Temporary Dyslexia.

I would even settle for 2012. If the Canadian dollar hits parity again during the upcoming crash, I'll be in heaven.

Im buying this.

Buy the Squier. It's cheaper

But the squier doesnt have a 12" compound radius, rolled fretboard and isnt made in USA.

Oh! The Market. Fuck. I was getting back into the market this year. Still, my plan is to do it gradually.

Why is user comparing this to a Squire? I don't have image search... How much are these?

$2700. idk why that person even brought up squier.

That's your problem, don't bitch to us about it

Not him but at least one more knob and It would have been perfect.

>no trem
Vomit.

Jesus, you can build your own cheaper than that.

>no Bigsby
Vomit.

Which guitar is most racist and why is it the fender telecaster?

This is the charvel equiv or custom shop.

Need at least one in your collection.

>yellow and pink
Hideous.

Can't the niggers accompany their slide guitar slave songs on it?

YOu can still build your own cheaper than that

I need a purple meme machine in my life

show me some satanic looking guitars

I've been playing a lot recently. I mean a lot a lot.

My wrist feels like its about to snap off after running through spider/scales and stuff so I thought maybe I should reassess my fret hand posture when I looked up this little snippet of advice (pic related)

So basically, when I'm sitting down with my guitar I kinda lift my leg up a bit causing the bottom to be around my belly button. If I were to stand up and play with it at that height I would look like even more retarded than I already do. I suspect that everyone would, if they were to follow this advice, yet, it DOES prevent me from angling my wrist in such an extreme way. (I've heard this can cause carpal tunnel)

So since NO one except for maybe tom morello plays with this stance, I started wondering if maybe i'm not fretting it right somehow. I almost NEVER use my thumb, because I swear every where I've been people say not to use it and that its not proper and that the best place for your thumb is either 1/2 or 3/4 up on the curve of the neck, and your palm isn't supposed to touch. But THIS stance is exactly what causes my wrist to be angled so much! And the reason they say to do this is because they say it keeps your wrist straight! What the fuck? Am I missing something here? The higher up I put the guitar the more comfortable it is and the more my wrist straightens out. BUT if I play it at the typical height and hug the neck with my thumb like hendrix (the supposedly 'improper' way) my wrist is completely straight and no pain. What is this?

Here is an example of me playing the supposed "correct" way that teachers and the books tell you to do it. Thumb is on the back of the neck about halfway and guitar is reasonably high, or at least it isn't low, and yet, look at how disgusting this looks. My wrist is totally bent almost 90 degrees and my muscles are bulging

So fellas, what kind of strings do you use? Also any thoughts on paradigms?

Your image is correct. People who play it super low are trying too hard to look cool.

Funny, I was just working on this.

this is a girl's guitar

I'm trying to play this. They're all quarter notes.

When I go from some chords to the next, I end up inverting my fingers.

>index on E-1, middle on B-1
>index on B-1, middle on E-3, note fingers "reversed" strings
>index on B-0, middle on E-3
>index on B-1, middle on E-3
>index on E-3, middle on B-3, again

Do I have a fundamental flaw in my playing or fingering? Each chord is supposed to ring until the next is played, but they can't ring if I need to lift off the strings and re-position fingers for the 2nd, 5th chords (and some after that, too).

What am I doing wrong? Do capos exist which only barre some strings?

Quoted wrong post my bad

lmao, that crooked humbucker

My cali strat? What makes you say that?

Post your guitars, please.

HAHAHAHA

I was at NAMM and one of the vendors showed off some guitar I didn't catch the name of anything. It had a maple neck and fretboard, but it was dark brown. Not quite rosewood colored, more like a chocolate brown.

Do different maples exist? What was this maple?

they called it roasted maple or burnt maple or some shit. it exists and usually costs more

Very nice

What's /gg/ opinion on the chapman stick?

I swear, if I had the disposable cash, I'd order this. Just to see if they would make it.

i want a sniper rifle axe in mine.

Thinking of buying a G&L tribute fallout guitar heard that they are good but some people say that the fret buzz is bad do any of you guys own one? How is it?

Daily reminder that not all single cutaways are vomit. If the horn is as long as the uncut side, you are allowed to vomit.

Are you saying thisis super low? I don't think it's that low, and I've still got a super long way to go if I wanted to straighten out my wrist. Isn't that weird? Is my grip on the neck wrong?

Get a piano

>some people say that the fret buzz is bad
You should just quit the instrument if you don't know how to setup a guitar yourself to get rid of fret buzz. Shit is piss easy.

vomit

the body looks like something you see when playing snipperclips lol

>elet
timov

I was thinking the same thing you basically reinforced my assumption that online reviewers are shit tier and not to be trusted i literally read that people returned the guitar solely due to that besides that do you own this guitar or have owned a g&l guitar?

The guitar is absolutely supposed to be held up real high for optimum ergonomics.
If you're not good enough to captivate an audience with your guitar playing alone, regardless of how you look you fucking suck.

We have the same stand and amp. Please get a 5-guitar stand. I hate to see two kissing Teles.

I do not own that guitar and I have not owned a G&L guitar but fret buzz is almost always due to the nut being too low, the saddles being too low or not enough relief being put into the truss rod. All of these things are piss easy to fix. Fret buzz will very rarely be due to a shitty fret leveling job on a new guitar. Rarely. This is a bit more complex to fix than the other causes of fret buzz, but this is rare except on

Despite what others say, I think your PRS is gorgeous. The flamed top looks unique and kind of robotic, which goes well with the color.

My stand's a little different. It's a cheapo piece of shit. I plan on building one as soon as weather permits.

you answered zero of my questions faggot

I actually did. Is lower than ? Yes. It is. is too fucking low. There's something really wrong with you if you think Roy fucking Buchanan wasn't cool. There's no reason to wear it any lower than Be more like Roy. Roy was cool as shit.

Yeah, classical stuff has a lot of fast finger jumping like that, that's why a lot of the exercises focus on those big movements

This is how I finger it naturally, feels a bit weird but still pretty smooth

thanks dewd... it was love at first sight for me. was looking long and hard for an edgy looking prs w/floyd rose. its my dropped d guitar for really experimental industrial shit (eventually)

A FUCKING LEAF

>guitar is reasonably high.
No it isn’t. If it were, you wouldn’t be having the problems you are.

Tighten your guitar strap a bit and/or shift the guitar so the neck hangs downward a bit more. Your wrist needs to be straight for best (and least painful) results.
Your guitar has body contours cut for a reason. Use them. It may not matter to others, but it’s going to matter for you, because your hand will hurt if you don’t treat it right.

Meme gear
That Tony Levin Plays one does not rate at all.
It’s still a meme

Is this Roy Buchanan? The Messiah Will Come Again is my dream song to learn.

why aren't you plebs playing a peavey?

Yes. Here's my take on Messiah: youtube.com/watch?v=iXzalAcMXWc

Thanks friendo will keep note of that

>tfw gary moore completely raped messiah

Pure Nickel 52-11

Because i am

Love that one in red. P90 and Humbucker are a good combo.

Beginner and my wrist hurts. Should I just power through it?

Didn't mean to quote you, Sir!

No.
Wrist pain means your form is bad somehow. Fix it.

True story: I played Messiah for my final in a guitar class in university. One professor's response: "Wow, I wish I could bend strings like that. I haven't heard the original but I know that song from Gary Moore's version."
I had to really force myself from visibly facepalming.
Did I succeed in not raping it, user? I tried.

I'm not that old yet

Actually just found this. I may change my plans. Build a rotating base to set it on, and problem solved.

First time I heard Messiah was from this video:

youtu.be/ivhRVnncjXg

After learning more about Buchanan, I was hooked.

>always played with amplifier facing backstage
>always had his amp at full volume and wattage and only used Tele knobs to control tone/volume
>didn't use pedals

Mad respect to anyone who can play Messiah that well.

nice bruv

I had one of those at one point in time. Heavy bastard.

I want that Gretsch, same colour and everything. Jelly.