Prometheus // Alien: Covenant

What is this? How is this going to be a sequel to Prometheus?

youtube.com/watch?v=H0VW6sg50Pk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8
youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know either. The trailer looks kind of bad...

>alien series run into ground
>avp run into ground
>Prometheus makes no sense, has no plot, fails to live up to hype, never gets sequel it was painfully obviously trying to get
>Better remake the first Alien film!

(((Hollywood)))

What's the deal with the neomorph?

held off to see the trailer, but honestly not excited for it now.

Sapient version of the xenomorph.

It just looks like it's going to be a remake of Alien.

A "soft reboot", if you will.

I'm going venture into an alien planet without a suit.
Every fucking time.

Prometheus was fine. There were some character logic issues, but it was still a creative, intriguing, fresh, original, sci-fi horror movie.

When audiences hated it though, they were right to assume that the smartest response from a marketing perspective is to just make the next movie a soft reboot of the Alien franchise.

What about Alien 5? They could have just scrapped this.

Same.

Also did anyone else get the feeling that it wasn't directed by Ridley Scott? Some scenes looked it, but many of the others didn't. Seemed more generic.

I agree, I wanted to see a true Prometheus follow up focused on the Engineers. They basically caved after the mixed reception to Prometheus and how Scott tried to distance it from traditional Alien films. Now Covenant is just a soft reboot which will start a new prequel trilogy more focused on Xenos.

Honestly if they can explain why everyone was stupid in Prometheus in this movie I'll be ok with it.

I wanna ____ that alien.

Yes yes very good however will the movie talk about the Bonus Situation?

IT'S GOT DAVID, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

fans of the franchise don't see what a fantastic failure prometheus was. We understand that we see the mvoie as someone who already has high expectations. Trust me when I tell you that people who just kinda sorta remember alien being a popular movie thought prometheus sucked balls.

The shower scene... No Ridley feel.

>Not wearing environmental suits on an alien planet, and predictably somebody gets infected with some crazy space plague

One of my most hated, lazy sci-if tropes.

I think the trailer looks great, but the script again looks a little too predictable and the scientists seem to be of the stupid variety again.

is she supposed to be the new /fit/ thighs?

It's only a sequel to Prometheus in a peripheral sense because Prometheus sucked. Now Wigley Scott has made this out of a kneejerk reaction, going extremely generic and cliched to play it safe rather than trying to improve on Prometheus.
It's going to be mediocre but because it's slightly better than Prometheus and a cross between Alien and Aliens people will say it's amazing.

My main problem with this trailer is that it spoils 3 death scenes.

I dont think it will matter in the movie. I think that was only on the trailer to get this sort of reaction and whatever he got in the ear wont play any sort of role in the movie.

So wait are they just gonna do "Prometheus was just a dream LMAO" or is it a sequal? Why is David there?

>BONUS

>SITUATION

>a biological weapon that can decimate an entire planet's population changes from a highly effective airborne spore to a jumping pussy-dick that gets shat out by a giant, immobile roach
The fuck? This plague became LESS evolved, LESS dangerous.

Come on, it will happen.

This is a sequel to Prometheus where everybody took off their helmets inside an alien structure after a two second scan. I have no hopes Covenant's writing is any smarter.

Oh, and the prop department is lazy as fuck. Literally modern guns with modern and very distinct scopes. If they can't even bother to dress up their space guns, they aren't putting care into much else.

Prometheus had an amazing trailer and boy did that end up sucking. Covenant has a mediocre trailer that basically tells the viewer it's an Alien retread. i guess they're going for a The Force Awakens play it save type thing.

It's really too bad that he fucked up with Prometheus. it tried to do something new and fresh with the franchise, and it touched on some interesting themes. Now because it failed we are going to be treated to five consecutive "people running from xenomorphs" movies.

The only thing I'm complaining about is James Franco. How does he keep getting work?

>let's spoil the movie in the trailer

he's a competent actor who sometimes shines and sometimes doesn't. i've nothing against him either way. actually, i'm looking forward to his performance in The Deuce, but i don't much care where else he pops up. i don't understand what people have against him. well, unless you're a McCarthy or Faulkner enthusiast.

It's Scott's own fault. He got bad writers involved and didn't put any focus on most of the important things. The characters were lousy, the dialog was bad, the plot was terrible, and it didn't deliver on the hype.

This is actually some creative and scary design.

Looks like Alien:Ressurection concept art.

It will be Prometheus all over again.

You'll be pretty excited to go see it and when you do see it you'll come out of theater disappointed.

>Biologist sees an obviously pissed-off alien cobra he knows almost nothing about
>"I think it likes me!"
>Decides to pet it

Anyone who defends Prometheus is retarded

Its for prometheus, looks how it has the same translucent skin as the nu-engineers

Are they trying to sell her now as the next tuff heroine?

its the future....using an aug. fuck, cant they use the pulse rifle or some future tech gun?

I was giving a non-favorable comparison. It looks shitty and bad. Giving aliens more human features always ruins them.

>hey there, beautiful

I hope the bonus situation gets discussed this time.

I dont really want to shit on movies before actually watching them like most of Sup Forums tends to do but this trailer doesn't really looks convincing, I dont feel any hype and that stupid music is out of place.

Shouldnt resurrection then be your favorite alien movie?

The alien from alien 1979 was the best one because of how human like it was

Wrong.

poetry

At first I thought they were stoned because of the previous scene when it is suggested Fifield is getting high on weed.

This kind of trope transcends our reality.

I honestly don't understand the hatred people have for Prometheus.

I realize there were a few moments where some of the characters made stupid decisions. Really, just a few moments.

Can anybody tell me what happened in Prometheus that was so monumentally horrible that it completely ruined the entire movie?

Don't just say "it had a shitty plot". Explain how it was so shitty that it completely ruined the movie.

>Constant stupid characters making stupid choices for the sake of regressing the plot.
>The plot was a clusterfuck mess of opening up things with omenoous and mysterious visuals to make it seem smarter and more mysterious than it was, really just masking a weak plot. Written by the same guy who wrote 'LOST' ((((coincidentally))))
>Worst old person prosthetics imaginable instead of just casting an old person
>Ruined the imaginative original engineer design in favor of lol albino

There simply were. No high points to make up for the many low points.

>characters going full retard and doing things that they had no reasonable motivation to do simply to further the plot
>Scott wanted to make a 'Chariots of the Gods' movie and decided to shoehorn Alien into it in a hamfisted attempt to make it relevant
>it steps on the lore in a stupid way, making things LESS interesting than they were in the viewers' minds
>it has a goddamn Cirque du Soleil zombie for no reason whatsoever
>the dialog is terrible
>the characters are boring
If you don't see these as issues then you just have shitty taste in movies.

>Ruined the imaginative original engineer design in favor of lol albino

Were you one of the people expecting giant one legged things with elephant like trunks?

They ruined my giant elephant man.

And don't give that shit that it was a suit, he had fucking teeth, a tongue, and soft empty eye sockets

>soft reboot

one of my few complaints about the original Alien was how blase and nonchalant they were about finding a huge alien shipwreck and that fossilized pilot. they acted like it was a little strange, but ultimately no big deal. i get that they were space truckers and not scientists, but come on, there is no way real people would be that indifferent about such a huge discovery

One-legged? The fuck are you talking about? And you can clearly see in pics like that the head was for sure not a helmet. It's a retcon that's worse than the original material.

Well to be fair, in Aliens they referred to the Xenos as just another bug hunt, so alien life is probably known

Were you even paying attention? They hadn't even resolved the bonus situation. How the fuck are they supposed to think about alien corpses with such a monumental problem looming over them?

Ridley will tie all these movies up and together they will be realised as a masterpiece that will change how we view ourselves and the universe forever.

He's not stupid enough to create giant plot holes, he's a well seasoned director, he's seen a few plot holes in his time. He's creating intrigue and suspense.

One presumes it is not first contact with aliens of some sort for humans. So it would be weird but not brain shattering for them.

>He's not stupid enough to create giant plot holes,

So when are we finding out about the bonus situation?

>Prometheus was fine

Eh, I don't agree.

It was probably the funniest most laughable movie I've seen in years.

>Ridley will tie all these movies up and together they will be realised as a masterpiece that will change how we view ourselves and the universe forever.
Spoken like a true Redditor. What's your imdb.com username?

I feel like Prometheus' trailer itself spoiled some things, right?

Can't be as bad as the Terminator Salvation trailer which spoiled the only twist and interesting part of the movie.
A movie which relies on that twist to be a decent watch, mind you...

It looked great and first 1/3 was okay, but after that it went full retard.

I guess this makes sense. For some reason I was always under the impression that this was a first contact situation, which made the "damn it, this fucking alien leaving his distress signal on just delayed our payout by a few weeks" reaction of the crew seem a bit jarring.

I think they are worried about Prometheus's bad reception so they are trying to show some of their cards to get people to go see it.

Fassbender's character is really the only thing I've seen connecting the movies so far

The goo?
The engineer ship?

Ridley Scott hasn't made a good movie since Gladiator. He needs to be put on a nursing home already. He is out of touch.

thechamcham

It will be Xenokino

I just don't like it. Jaw is nowhere near the end of the trunk like in Alien.

I'm fine with this. Maybe eventually we'll get the Alien 3 we never got, xenomorphs on a Blade Runner-esque earth. I was severely disappointed with 3, I would even have liked to have seen the wooden satellite version. Man 3 sucked ass.

As for Prometheus, it would have been better if Lindelof hadn't come on board to fuck the script up. His shit is to make thibgs needlessly mysterious and vague, and raising up questions when he reveals shit. I don't hate jews, but this guy pisses me off. The religious shit I can accept, same with the Engineers being our progenitors. But cutting shit off to fuck with a direct prequel, fuck that. Good thing the Leftovers (another mysterious piece of shit) is getting canceled, if it hasn't already. And fuck LOST.

Giger wanted the alien to have translucent skin for the first movie, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) do it.

>"Ridley designed is own design wrong"

FUCK THIS SHIT

Giger designed the cool and original weird bio-organic designs. Senile Ridley and modern Hollywood redesigned and retconned the design to accommodate a boring albino human engineer design.

from what i have read
i think the planet in this one is the one that they have headed at the end of Prometheus the people from the trailer are some settlers

Aged directors can fuck up shit with "revisions" quite easily.

See: George Lucas

He can't keep getting away with this

>Also did anyone else get the feeling that it wasn't directed by Ridley Scott? Some scenes looked it, but many of the others didn't. Seemed more generic.

This.

The shots in the trailer just didn't look right for some reason. They came across almost like it was from some low budget film.

If I was asked to guess the director, Riley Scott would be nowhere near my anwers.

>Giger designed the cool and original weird bio-organic designs. Senile Ridley and modern Hollywood redesigned and retconned the design to accommodate a boring albino human engineer design.
Giger made the enthralling aesthetic environment. Ridley fucked it up in his newest films.

I'm worried about bladerunner 2, tbqh

Blade Runner 2049 is Denis Villeneuve though...

I don't think there is any Prometheuses in the movie.

>Giant colony ship
>Suspended animation
>Can travel across the length of the galaxy...
>Using a bullpup gun designed in the 1960s

and while I'm here the protagonist is wearing Ripleys grey fucking vest,

RIDLEY YOU SENILE OLD CUNT JUST GIVE UP

The trailer probably wasn't made by him, I was kind of expecting another go of the original trailer for Alien, like what they did with Prometheus.

youtube.com/watch?v=LjLamj-b0I8

youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU

Leaked plot.

The spaceship Covenant is transporting frozen embryos to a human colony on a faraway planet when they receive a distress signal from Elizabeth Shaw from the Prometheus expedition, who disappeared 10 years prior. The crew is brought out of hypersleep to answer to the signal, which leads to the death of the Covenant's captain, Branson (James Franco). His wife, Daniels (Katherine Waterson), is deeply affected by the accident, while Branson's first officer Archer (Billy Crudup) is made captain. The crew is aided by an android, Walter (Michael Fassbender).

The Covenant follows Shaw's signal to Paradise, an uncharted forest planet and homeworld of the Engineers, the ancient extraterrestrials that seeded life on Earth and then sought to the destroy it. The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland. The Covenant's crew ventures outside their ship and some of its members are exposed to spores released by plants infected by the ooze. It is determined they've contracted an alien pathogen and Archer has them quarantined aboard the Covenant.

Monstrous creatures known as "Neomorphs" burst from the infected crewmen's bodies and begin slaughtering the crew, forcing the survivors to flee into the forest, where they are rescued from the Neomorphs by David (Michael Fassbender), the sole survivor of the Prometheus crew. He reveals that the mission's other survivor, Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), sacrificed herself to crash a spaceship against Paradise's surface, exposing the Engineers to the black ooze to prevent them from destroying Earth.

David leads the survivors back to the Engineers' derelict citadel, where he's been living ever since. Walter mistrusts David, who is not behaving in accordance with their programming, and finds out that David in fact murdered Shaw. David's mind has been warped by the numerous modifications that his creator, Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), made to his programming during the Prometheus's expedition, and is obsessed with creating the "perfect organism". He exposed numerous lifeforms on Paradise, including Shaw, with the black ooze and, after numerous failed attempts, has created an alien egg, which produces a facehugger that latches itself to Archer, leading to the birth of a Primal Xenomorph.

Daniels and the ship's pilot, Tennessee (Danny McBride), realize David is controlling the Neomorphs and escape back to the Covenant with Walter in order to escape. Together, Daniels and Tennessee manage to kill the Primal Xenomorph and the Neomorphs and detonate explosives to destroy David's laboratory, with David himself apparently perishing in the explosion.

After escaping, Daniels and Tennessee place themselves back in hypersleep to continue their voyage to the colony, unaware that David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting.

I need to rewatch it, I remember not taking it seriously and enjoying it despite the supercifial plot.

Young guy pretending to be old truly was a sin though.

>I'm worried about bladerunner 2, tbqh

Ridley Scott is only an executive producer to Blade runner 2049.

ie. has fuck all to do with the film other than have their name attached

>Prometheus is only shitty because Scott hasn't made it not shitty yet, plebs
What is the point of being a fanboy? You get nothing out of it and everyone hates you.

Pro-tip: Half of Ridley Scott's movies suck.

__________________________________________________________,_______________________________________________________________________________________________._________________________________________________________________________________________________________.___________________________________________.___________________________________________________________________._______________________________________________________.____________________________.______________________________________________._

Villeneuve is adhering to the original in an almost dogmatic fashion. It will be shit because it's not doing anything NEW.

This, i donĀ“t mind if stupid characters behave in stupid ways but those guys are supposed to be scientists/astronauts which should be highly intelligent in the first place. Also why did they bring autom. guns if they thought the place was safe?

all true.

>Bad Writers

He got Damian Involved, Damian, not bad writers, Damian! Damian was the bad writer, not the guy whose original version was cool,Damian. Why do they entrust one director one writer with this shit that carries the hopes and dreams of so many. Why not have a chorus of awesome people in there brainstorming until something fucking awesome is done? What a bunch of fucks Hollywood has. Hollywood needs to die, the guilds needs to die, they fuck everything up. We need a harem of writers, and directors to come together and craft greatness, not one or two fucks.