Remembering Carrie Fisher, for her long outstanding list of acomplishments in film:

Remembering Carrie Fisher, for her long outstanding list of acomplishments in film:

>Star Wars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FYMjF484LlY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how much chewbacca cum do you think she ate

Enough to earn a lead roll in a cash grab franchise.

She had a supporting role in When Harry Met Sally so you're wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked her in Drop Dead Fred

>Blues Brothers

Drop Dead Fred

Star Wars was anything but a cash grab when she was casted retard

also 30 rock and blues brothers!

>making fun of a person for staring in a land mark film that will be remembered for decades to come while you post on a Cambodian cave painting board from your mothers basement.

Yea what a loser she was...

the hundreds of star wars spin offs that she'll earn credit for in the future

When A New Hope was being made George Lucas was the only person who had any faith in it. Everyone else was convinced it was gonna be a massive flop. Star Wars didn't become a cash grab until Return of the Jedi. When George decided to shove in Ewoks and keep Han Solo alive to sell toys the franchise became a cynical cash grab but that doesn't invalidate A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

retard

Wasn't she in a Kevin Smith movie?

He made Ep 6 end on a happy note because he couldn't be fucked making any more movies and wanted it all to be over so he abandoned the sequel trilogy

>Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
>Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>The Blues Brothers
>The 'Burbs
>Hannah and Her Sisters
>Scream 3 (cameo)
>Maps to the Stars (cameo)
>Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (cameo)
Not an incredible filmography but she accomplished more than most actresses.

Literally what the fuck did she do the last 30 years

By your definition the girl playing Hermoinie is a god among them because of her role in the Harry Potter series.

Its not exactly like she could be replaced, she just happened to have job security.

Sure as hell did more than everyone on this board.

Married Paul Simon and inspired his greatest song, Heart and Bones
Script doctor in the 90s
Retired on her Star Wars money

I'm sure that partially motivated him to keep Han alive but his main motivation was toy sales. He was afraid no one would buy Han action figures if Han was dead.

Drop Dead Fred

Cameo on 30 rock

The Burbs, Hannah and her Sisters and cameos. Did you not read my post? She also wrote a novel and adapted it into a screenplay.

It's fuck all for thirty goddamn years, that's the point you dummy.

Star Wars is way bigger than Harry Potter though.

>went to conventions and pity fucked grateful nerds

paul simon is trash

Hannah and her Sisters was a better movie than any of the Star Wars films desu

Star Wars fanfags, salty in this thread, I feel.

Fuck off Garfunkel, or you'll have black eyes not bright eyes (RIP Richard Adams btw)

she has a great cameo in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

youtu.be/FYMjF484LlY

>Star Wars is way bigger then Harry Potter.
and Godzilla is way bigger then Star Wars, it all rakes in fucking cash, and Harry Potter is still making shit loads of money, from books to the new movie to wank sessions with the girl.

The only key difference is she didn't have to fuck Harrison Ford nor blow coke to be likeable.

For now. Star Wars has the major added benefit of being around since the 70s.

So? She got to star in the biggest film trilogy of all time and thanks to that was able to lead a laid-back life.

Nah, I just wanted to point out you're wrong. If you want to shit on Star Wars go ahead but it didn't start out as a cash grab.

Alec Guiness thought it was a stupid ass movie but he knew it wasn't going to flop, that's why he asked for more money.

don't be surprised when people call you out for saying stupid shit

in what way? Harry Potter was the shit in the 00s. Nobody I know cared about Star Wars shit back then.

She was pretty well off even before. Her family is Hollywood royalty.

That's said though yea she could have done nothing the rest of her life and been fine after SW and honestly there's nothing wrong with that.

I never understand people who criticize "one hit wonders" most people don't even do one thing of note with their lives how can you criticize someone for doing "only one"?

>Nobody I know cared about Star Wars shit back then.
What? I grew up in the 00s and Star Wars was EVERYWHERE thanks to the prequels.

How long until Disney uses a CGI Carrie Fisher?

>Harry Potter was the shit in the 00s

What would you do in her place? Be honest.
What would you do if you had enough SW money to support your pale ass for life? Take it easy or ACT?

Kek he doesn't know

It's really subjective wether it was or not. Giving any integrity to Lucas is ignorant at this point.

Two weeks ago in Rogue One

And what have you accomplished, OP? Moved 3 cm today?

>ignoring cold hard facts
>subjective

This user doesn't know, someone post the webm pls

Fuck I hate this place.

She was in Shampoo and she's fucking hot there, fuck you OP

What wank sessions??

>didn't need to fuck Harrison Ford nor blow coke to be likeable

But she did need to fuck George to get the role.

Star Wars fans are the easiest of idiots to bait.
God this is embarrassing.

COCAINE

>cold
>hard
>facts

((((((((((You)))))))))

Only Lucas himself knows. He seemed to put genuine passion into A New Hope but he also conned Fox out of the merchandising rights. Maybe A New Hope really was a passion project or maybe he was trying to setup a business empire. Maybe both. We'll never know for sure what his motivations were.

But he's right user. Everyone thought Star Wars was going to flop sans Lucas. Fox even turned it down. How can you call it a cash grab in this scenario?

It's okay to admit you were wrong.

>3cm
>inferior nationality confirmed

I'm going to punch anyone who mentions her being a "legendary script doctor". Please don't.

But she was.

It was a passion project.

>literally an homage to the adventure serials he watched as a child
>not a work of passion

No you.

It literally doesn't matter. Starring in Star Wars is more than enough to solidify her as a legend.

People will remember Princess Leia for a long long time.

Mention one good film she fixed.

This

You can do both, you know? In fact you could say he could have milked the franchise even more, but he didn't want to. The moment he ended making the prequels is the moment he finished that circle and sold everything to Disney.

>these autists that get jealous every time a celeb dies and get more attention than edgy commentary penned in a dark basement from behind a computer screen

lol. i bet you guys go and bug your mom for attention every time it happens too.

Geek culture is for complete faggots.

>MAAAMM THEYRE TALKING ABOUT CARRIE FISHER AGAIN BUT SHE WAS JUST A SHITTY COKE HEAD THEY SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT ME!!!!!

yet here you are.

>this bitch never accomplished anything but being a whore and a degenerate drug addict. i, however, have accomplished a lot like training to be a master rhetorician on Sup Forums and teaching myself the ways of the samurai sword. with my blade and intellect i will strike down the false degenerate idols of the normie horde and bring about a new age of reason

oh fuck i remember that now

he jelly

>Literally what the fuck did she do the last 30 years

Worked on a lot of scripts (reportedly including the Prequels, though it's anyone's guess if Lucas used her advice) and wrote eight books. Raised a daughter. Spoke out on a wide range of issues including mental health and substance abuse. Her accomplishments go far beyond her filmography.

glad you know the yoda talk meme, nobody escapes star wars.

>manlet

people who like childrens movies are children themselves. not surprising.

>(YOU)

so you're saying she worked on the worst scripts ever written, shat out a kid and whined about her brain problems? kek. what an impressive career.

That's Michelle Pfeiffer you retart

It sucks for her and her family that she died, but it's not like it's some big blow to the industry or anything like reddit and normies will act like. She was in one interesting franchise 40 years ago and she hardly did a thing noteworthy beyond that, and she wasn't even that great of an actress.

If you let yourself be at all cynical, you will realize that her death is just a blip. People die all the time, and the internet likes to overvalue them and their achievements in favor of some sort of mass drama/hysteria. The only thing about this event which is truly interesting is the fact that they will likely have to rewrite episode 9 or use her CGI, and it might end up having repercussions on the film or, even further, on the industry and the cashgrab reboot tactics.

Well what are people going to say about your career, "He was a good shitposter"?

nice deflection, this thread isn't about me though. also I'm alive so that's one thing I've got she doesn't.

snorted mucho cocaine

She became a successful author and appeared in Scream 3 and Big Bang Theory amongst many other things

Carrie Fisher is in the movie.

I know it's hard for 4channarians to grasp but people actually like movies and stuff and usually aren't all tryhard amateur film buffs who get off on shitting on everything. Some people grew up watching SW a lot and had the toys and it was part of their child hood. Some people thought it was cool to have a princess with a laser pistol and it made them more confident in their real life and stuff. People outside Sup Forums have healthy empathy and can sympathize with her battle with addiction and all that.

So yeah, people didn't know her personally and probably didn't spend every day thinking about her like family but they're still sad to hear she's dead. They'll go to social media and post about it and some nerds on Sup Forums will get mad at that because they have no life.

Everybody dies and the universe will die too but that doesn't stop you from wasting your time here. Choosing to spend your time here is prioritizing and prioritizing means somethings are important to you and somethings are not. You just don't hold the same things as important as someone who might be sad about a celebrity death. So you know what it's like to think something is important that other people don't. That's a pretty good reason to give others a little leeway and let them have their silly priorities without being a dickhead about it.

tl;dr

Well fuck man we're all really impressed you're yet another cynical asshole on the internet. Good job. I mean fuck mourning brah. You're way too smart for that.

k

You sound like a faggot.

>deflection
It's already been stated that she was a sucessful script doctor and author after bowing out of acting. And as for being alive, what are you doing with it besides getting mad at millions of people mourning an actresses death?

Man, her role in Jay and Silent Bob was oscar worthy, it hurts me to this today she didn't get nominated for that.