Which is the better timeless 2007 movie?

Which is the better timeless 2007 movie?

It can be both! I prefer the Coen movie, but the oscar could have gone to either and I would have been fine with it.

left

only time roger ebert was right about something

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

there will be blood is fantastic start to finish. NcFoM has a very odd, unfitting ending.

damn, 2007 was a great year for anti-westerns

Superior 2007kino coming through

>NcFoM has a very odd, unfitting ending.

Read: I didn't understand the movie. Give me more capeshit

No country: great

There will be blood: reddit

I don't like it nearly as much but how is it reddit?

>Very odd, unfitting ending
Are you retarded? It went with the film's themes.

In these thread, movies that put you to sleep before they even start.

I don't know nigga. Reddit as in something pleb redditors like I guess. Overacting, laughably bad music and forced drama, meme cinematography and completely aimless directing are some of the problems I had with it. It felt like a fake epic

No Country For Old Men is superior. PTA is overrated.

>bad music
Wtf?!?!

>Overacting, laughably bad music and forced drama, meme cinematography and completely aimless directing are some of the problems I had with it.

It's only one problem: you're a contrarian pleb and make shit up to shit on an acclaimed movie.

Also TWBB is far superior to NCfoM

ITT: essential boringcore.

Literally feel asleep watching these two pieces of shlock.

There Will Be Blood = really lenghty documentary-like epic with artsy tones

No Country For Old Men: gritty and suspenseful thriller

it'll really depend on my mood probably...

This has to be bait, no one on this site is this much of a pleb.

Pretty good, Fincher's best

TWBB all the way

Juno

p l e b

yeah we saw the first post thanks

both are good, but one thing i noticed is the lack of female characters, seeing old man talking and violence are both things that i dont like much

He's right. The soundtrack is fucking terrible. Repetitive, intrusive, often inappropriate. It's awful.

But hey some guy from Radiohead made it, so the spergs love it.

No, it's an actually modern and creative soundtrack both in its use of modern tonality and in external composition choices especially Fratres.

You should have seen he threads when it came out .

TWBB is the better film, while NCFOM is the more entertaining film.

There Will Be Blood, obviously

>!
Leave

both films reward repeat viewings. What seems on the surface to be boring yet contains some "stuff" to play with:

the numbers 11-15, that range of numbers in general, figures prominently throughout NCFOM.

A central theme of TWBB is mistaken identity in (forgive the feminist buzzword but it actually fits here) patriarchy. I use the latter word for the simple reason that TWBB is a man's world out in the desert, and women have almost no dialogue. In these respects, TWBB mirrors the bible that its secondary character invokes. Riddle me this: Which William Bandy is which?

Oh something else I've been thinking about but haven't posted yet:

>opening dialogue: the men that work for me, work for ME and they are men that I KNOW. I make it my business to BE there and to see about their work. something something we don't lose tools down the well and botch the whole lease.

>later: a bit is lost into the pit (although later recovered), killing another man, Joe Gundha. Upon being roused, passed out drunk on his floor (not being present to see about the men's work), Daniel clearly didn't know this guy.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

They are both shit. Coens are the definition of overrated.

patrician spotted

Bardem > Dano

And you user, well done

I like and enjoy No Country more but I think TWBB is a "better" movie.

Both are good.

There Will Be Blood will be the film talked about more in 50 years though.

No Country was better but only slightly.

They are completely different films though and both deserve to be watched.

Absolutely this

>IM AN IDIOT WAHHHHHHH

Finchers last three have been his best three

He's at the top of his game; same as coen bros

In this respect, you completey agree with me:

you had me until
>TGWTDT
>better than seven or fight club or zodiac
nah

>Like a fake epic
Most accurate statement in this post

It is though. It's 100% perfect, whereas the other two have minor flaws; zodiac in narrative pacing and fight club for being overindulgent

No Country for Old Men
desu, I stopped watching There Will Be Blood less than halfway through.

Oh yeah it's not inherently better than se7en I suppose; but I feel like se7en is warm up Fincher and dragon tattoo is him so comfortable on his own skin he doesn't have to even try

>.
Leave.

Can someone explain NCFoM for me please?
I liked it but I guess I didn't GET it

These are both terrible

Just fucking pay attention to the dialogue. It's not hard

>there will never be another year of film like 2007
Now we just get 20 capeshit movies a year

But I don't wanna rewatch it :/

The southwest is a hard and harsh country. At times, it can seem to those who are aware of the violence that takes place, as if a new level of depravity is constantly being reached. But in truth, the violence of this place is a cyclical pattern. And as they say, violence begets violence.

Consider an important opening scene. About a dozen dead bodies, a dead dog, and five incapacitated, or destroyed vehicles are the remains of a drug deal gone awry. At some remove from this scene, wearing a nice Texas cowboy outfit, a dead man had attempted (and failed) to escape with the satchel of money, for his efforts only to be gunned down by some pursuer.

The quantity and style of killing and property damage that has just been sketched above, is repeated exactly over the course of the film. The initial pile of bodies is duplicated, and four roughly the same reasons that had motivated the original fracas: money and drugs.

I see, thank you

It's not just about the money and drugs. Pay attention to the story told to Tom Bell by his crippled uncle

This

True, but it IS LARGELY about the got-damn money and the drugs. That is the very reason why Ed Tom's colleague delivers the related line as late in the film as he does. In this respect, the friend is not wrong.

The two sheriffs are too close to today's evils to remember that wickedness has been ever-present. As good Christians, they presumably know this somewhere, they just lose sight of it in the course of their jobs. The above is what Ellis reminds Ed Tom of: "What you've got ain't nothin' new."

Although the motivation of the Indians is admittedly different (kill whitey whitey be stealin' our land, or something along those lines), Ellis' story simply serves to reinforce the larger point that I've just established: the cyclical nature of violence in the region.

NCfoM had some action

Josh Brolin's off-camera death still bothers me to this day, so I have to go with TWBB.

ripoff of real kino >>>>>memories of murder

i mean mom is far better and real masterpiece

this

>that scene where Eli walks up to Daniel before he slaps the shit out of him while Frates play in the background
>that time-sequence with the boy and girl while Prospectors Quartet plays in the background

Not even John williams could have tailored music that worked so magically with a scene as those two in TWBB.

Guys...don't forget about me.

No Country For Old Men is the better adaption.
There Will Be Blood is the better film.
Both will be studied as classics for the next ten decades or so.

It bothers you because it's well done