Is New Slaves the most woke track ever, or just better than whatever you think is the most "woke" user...

Is New Slaves the most woke track ever, or just better than whatever you think is the most "woke" user? Also Kanye thread.

It's a really tepid record. Politically, it's afraid to touch what A Tribe Called Quest and dead prez were saying years ago, and musically it's just way lighter and weaker than other industrial hip hop artists, like Danny Brown and even MIA.

This OP, its an "edgy"pop album for retarded niggers

how important is achieving huge mainstream success and then being willing to say these things user? could the average person off the street name those groups? do they know who kanye is?

Tribe were huge. I think most people would be able to name them.

welp Yeezus is still better and infinitely more inspired than either of those artists

lolno

as the other guy said, Tribe was huge. MIA's Paper Planes was also one of the biggest songs of the 00s. For a while dead prez was one of the most significant artists in hip hop.

The song, despite not having been released as a single, charted in Canada, France, the United Kingdom and the United States.

>Yeezus has been characterized as West's most experimental and sonically abrasive work. It draws from an array of genres, including industrial, acid house, electro, dancehall, punk, and Chicago drill.
>West was influenced primarily by minimalist design and architecture during the production of Yeezus, and visited a furniture exhibit in the Louvre five times.[3] A single Le Corbusier lamp was his "greatest inspiration".[3] West worked closely with the architect Oana Stanescu, and took "field trips" to Le Corbusier homes. Fascinated by Stanescu's comments on the unusual and radical nature of Corbusier design choices, West applied the situation to his own life, feeling that "visionaries can be misunderstood by their unenlightened peers."[7] West also met with architect Joseph Dirand and Belgian interior designer Axel Vervoordt, and had "rare Le Corbusier lamps, Pierre Jeanneret chairs and obscure body-art journals from Switzerland" delivered to the loft.[7] West also wanted a deep hometown influence on the album, and listened to 1980s house music most associated with his home city of Chicago for influence.[3] Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain was also an inspiration for the album.[8][9]

Meanwhile Danny Brown's a lousy nigga who's >listens to Joy Division once incarnate and doesn't even read the book which inspired the titles of the Joy Division song or his own album

"lolno" go fuck yourself

Danny Brown while a decent artist can't produce music that is as naturely and effortlessly "boundary pushing" as Yeezus was

Nigger thread? Nigger thread.

If you wrote this as a joke, it's cute.

If you didn't, I feel really bad for you.

New Slaves isn't about being the wokest track ever. It's still from the perspective of the incredibly flawed Yeezus character and the real subject of the song is Yeezus's breakdown from the pressures and paradoxes of capitalism and fame, not an analysis of capitalism or racism or the industry. A big part of Yeezus the character in the beginning of the album is that he believes that he is 100% woke but is still trapped in the excess of consumerism and furthermore he is unable to effectively organize people or change anything about the issues that he truly does understand.

what's wrong with what I said buddy? I put "boundary pushing" in question marks and did nothing but imply Danny Brown is a bigger hack than Kanye West. Rest is from Wikipedia

quotation

You sad, sad little man. What do you do for a living?

i like you
be my friend

You probably whine about how Sup Forums is a shit board when you're the one who doesn't even want to discuss music

The only people who think Yeezus is boundary-pushing are 1) ignorant of musical composition and melody, 2) ignorant of musical acts that actually do push boundaries (inb4 "le danny and death grips are memes (I agree to an extent with that)) and experiment with abrasive production/composition, and 3) are Kanye stans. Yeezus isn't even close to as good as you think it is. The only time I thought Yeezus was a fantastic album was when the only hip-hop I heard was Kendrick Lamar, top-40 hits, and A Tribe Called Quest. The album is the DEFINITION of a reverse pleb-filter, as whoever deems it to be patrician is inherently and undoubtedly a plebeian of the highest caliber. .50.

Using Wikipedia as an argument is pathetic and sad, by the way.

My only argument is and always has been Yeezus > Danny Brown and M.I.A.

ok I like you too user

good post and interesting analysis user, made me think

I can respect that argument. Danny is an anomaly for me as I'm never sure if I've memed myself into liking his music or if I've memed myself into hating his music. It's usually 3-month periods of love/hate with him.

it's actually a reverse-reverse-pleb filter designed to elict responses like this from the weak minded, kanye clearly anticipated them if you read all the lyrics and really understand them...keep trying user

looking back that single seems a lot more sterile then i initially thought it as being. i think thats a testament to the way the single was released alongside the performances used to promote it; idk those things just made it seem more authentic and engaging at the time. especially kanyes default expression that teeters the line between indifference and scorn. made me feel i was fed up about injustices that i had never been subjected, if that makes any sense.

I never said that. You're projecting things you don't like onto me, because I'm upsetting you. This is really painfully sad. It's okay, little guy.

If you wrote this post as a joke, it's cute.

If you didn't, I feel really bad for you.

>Lou Reed finally confirmed talentless hack and .50 cal plebeian
Damn...

>the most discussed album on this board sucks!

lol

You're right that I've not delved into the lyrical content too much on the album. Someone pointing out that "only smart lads will understand my album!" on your album doesn't make it smart, though. Only intelligent and woke individuals will agree with my argument, and the weak-minded will think I'M the idiot!

That was confirmed during his post-Transformer career.

>I'm plying this is the most discussed album
>Imp lying majority's opinion confirms an album's quality
Are you a woman, or are you just an effeminate bug man?

>greentext
This is why Kanye's one of the few rappers worth listening to. He's a true artist through and through

ooh, the rubber-glue defense. Very thoughtful.

Pic related is me and you arguing.

>reverse pleb filter
Use your brain dumbass, we call this a patrician filter instead of your clunky sounding phrase

Reverse pleb filter has a comical element to it that I refuse to disregard. You've also been the first to mention the phrase's supposed idiocy; actually, if I may date myself here, I've not once seen someone claim an album is a "patrician filter."

The last minute of this song is God-tier.

But by using simple logic, we can deduce that if an album meant to drive away plebs is a pleb filter, then an album meant to drive away patricians is a patrician filter

Kanye pls

this is pretty much the most discussed album. it's between this, mbdtf, and ok computer anyway.

the fact it's so divisive and capable of dissection on any level of intellect while retaining honesty and aesthetic focus makes it interesting at the very least and genius at the very most

I agree with the reverse pleb filter advocating guy, and might have said, same

I'm not questioning the logic of it. I simply prefer "reverse pleb-filter" for the humor and for the shock value I perceive the phrase to have.
It's unquestionably interesting. I don't believe its divisiveness comes from a place of genius, though. My main gripe with the album is that I see so many anons speaking of it as if it's a masterpiece; not only that, but that I used to believe the same thing, and now have to see other people seemingly stuck in the same spot that I was. Perhaps I tricked myself into thinking the album is bad? There are some fantastic tracks on the record, but I do believe it's Kanye's weakest album, second being Graduation.
On Sight, Black Skinhead, I Am a God (simply for comedic reasons), New Slaves, and Blood on the Leaves are the only songs that genuinely pull off the aesthetic without sounding disingenuous or poorly constructed IMO.