Waaah Jar Jar is kiddie pandering and ruined the movie

>waaah Jar Jar is kiddie pandering and ruined the movie
>but the Ewoks are ok
More proof that prequel haters are RLM bandwagoners.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14HRo_eTUgg
youtube.com/watch?v=UD8tounIou4
youtu.be/aJTsQEoIcvA
youtube.com/watch?v=XoCVXIpiH5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ewoks are fucking brutal they will stone you to death and probably eat you afterwards

Nope. Ewok's is why ROTJ is considered the worst of the OT.
See all Sup Forums Star Wars rating threads.

Practical effects go a long way.

Also they don't speak english so they're less obnoxious.

youtube.com/watch?v=14HRo_eTUgg

The Battle in Front of A Door is still much better than the Battle of the Windows XP Desktop

That scene looks better than anything in the OT.

Your life is a cartoon

Umm, ok. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but the CG in that looks great for its time and the characters look more convincing than the puppets in the OT.

ok

>I posted it again lol!

Making any argument and I mean ANY argument in favor of the prequels is sign of cartoon rabbit delusion. Unless Jar jar is Plaegus, your fleet is lost.

not an argument.

The Ewoks were at least a good implemented race who actually DIED during the conflict on Screen. So yes, the Ewoks are ok and the Gungans are just dumb bad comic relief shit.

The difference is that none of the gungans died.

I'd rather have sex with a based teddy bear person than a lizardman with giant flappy ears.

Posting a webm isn't an argument either.

I hated the Ewoks, but at least they had some charm unlike that computer animated shit in the prequels.

It was still pandering to the same audience (very little kids), so yeah it's still fucking retarded. Might have been great if they didn't overplay their role so much.

>one is a naturally cute teddy bear crafted by talented special effects artists

>one is a horribly forced and racist cartoon rabbit that ruins the tone of the entire saga heartlessly shat out by a 1998 computer

really fires up the old noodle.

Yeah it is.

You can't defend this.

It's objectively terrible.

why does everyone hate on ewoks? theyre cute, funny, and badass.

it's just butthurt millennial prequel apologists

Because people thought of star wars as "cool" instead of "cute"

that makes the Ewoks innovative.

>for its time
That's the problem. Good practical effects still look great. CGI looks dated a few years after it's out.

I don't mind the Ewoks. I was a little kid in the 80s and watched the cartoon and the Ewoks movies before I ever watched the Star Wars movies

Not really, R2D2 was a "cute" character as well

really? i always found him to be more pure comic relief rather than cute.

the blips he made and the fact he was small and round made him adorable.

I remember growing up girls would always like him the best because they thought he was cute.

The Ewoks were just some bears doing stupid shit in a few scenes in one film, they weren't a loud obnoxious twat who dominated 20% of the scenes of the entire trilogy.

/thread

they also weren't responsible for the events of the Original Trilogy and the empire as a whole.

(Jar Jar gave Sheev his emergency powers)

why are there so many different conscious life forms in the star wars universe

The Ewoks were based.

>More proof that prequel haters are RLM bandwagoners.
But the TV show "Spaced" featured refutation of that argument years before anyone knew what RLM was. You sound a lot like a reddit tourist.

Space Fantasy, not Sci-Fi

The ewoks were not okay.

Shit. I always thought George was just memeing when he said "Jar Jar is the key to all of this".

Can there not be aliens in sci-fi? Did this meme start after 2001?

it just means Star Wars isn't bound by any limit of believability or realism.

It started in the 80s when big name sci-fi writers tried to police the genre so it wouldn't be looked down on as filled with shit.

Neither are soft sci-fi series. All it means is that the science is an integral part of the story, not that it's realistic. That's why the terms soft and hard sci-fi exist.

the ewoks are terrible too
they're one of the reasons why return of the jedi is the weakest of the orignal trilogy
it's still miles better than the prequels though

Plenty of people complained about the Ewoks. Today those people are in their late 40s and older. If you're in your 30s or younger Ewoks didn't bother you because you were either not born when it came out or were a toddler who liked Ewoks.

Jedi was actually poorly reviewed by critics as well as fans. It spends more than a third of the film finishing the previous film. It rehashes the Death Star. Luke returns to the green puppet to watch him die and speak to Obi-Wan's ghost give him rushed answers to questions fans had been wondering for years. Then it spends the rest of the film with the teddy bear Ewoks which look like people wearing costumes and fake. The space battle is anti-climatic. The only good part is the emperor and Vader and Luke scenes.

Lucas rushed it and made it half-assed, abandoning the plans for 9 films and finishing it up in the span of two hours complete with speeder bike and teddy bear plot that was recycled from a rough draft of the original film (but with Wookies instead of the similarly pun named Ewoks)

i agree but Science isn't really a part of Star Wars at all, apart from Mediclorians.

Will they eat my ass?

Ewoks weren't okay. They were annoying as fuck too

>it's still miles better than the prequels though
Revenge of the Sith is vastly superior to Return of the Jedi. If not for the emperor/Luke/Vader stuff, ROTJ is pretty awful

What Ps2 game is this from?

Jedi was not poorly reviewed.

Mixed at worst.

I still don't understand how there are people who defend the prequels. Why do you do this? Is it bait? I suspect that's all this is.

hahahahahahahahahah

All that is made in darkness has to come into the light. It is unavoidable, it is destiny, misa say - Darth Plaegus Binks

It wasn't a terrible movie, just not a particularly good one.

The first two redefined scifi. The third one, obviously, did not. It feels like any other post-Star Wars sci-fi movie.

it was bait at first but now it's bitter contrarianism.

people are infuriated by Disney's success because they made the most financially successful domestic movie of all time (by a large margin) with a female lead character and a black main character.

whats the problem here?

Star Wars was never Sci-Fi.

It was always High Fantasy in space.

The force is just magic and Jedi are space wizards.

I like that scene... and the cgi is ok for me too.

Jesus Christ this has to be an early production render. There's no way this is what it looked like in theaters. The back door is more flat than shitty matte paintings for fuck's sake.

This is why it's possible to make millions of dollars by putting out complete garbage.

yikes.

I did not remember it was that bad... damn

I did. But it's not even about that. The movies were just not memorable.

the movie it's from 1999

My nephew just walked by and asked if this was the Star Wars cartoon and what episode it was.

I wish I was memeing just to be a twat. Really. I was actually prepared to defend this a little more than the other scenes shown here. Fuck.

It's just like my video games!

Such a shame this can't just be forgotten by time because it bears the Star Wars name.

>it's a "prequelfags defend their piece of shit by saying how shitty something else was" episode

Star Wars fans don't likes the ewoks ether you dumbass!

Plus Ewoks didn't have a obnoxious voice and make stupid comments

another great scene with great music
youtube.com/watch?v=UD8tounIou4

>The space battle is anti-climatic.
It's the best in the series but sure.

>looks great for its time

This is meant to be a timeless series of films that people will still be watching decades from now. What were Lucas and people like you thinking?

The OT by contrast doesn't just look great for its time, it still holds up today.

>that retardedly dry dialogue
It's like nothing happened the entire movie.

Absolutely agreed. Apart from Bossk's costume, there are zero scenes in ESB that do not hold up or occasionally still set a standard for film today.

technically nothing of worth did.

You can start from episode 2 and never miss a beat.

>nothing of worth did
So why even make a movie?

And back then it absolutely set the bar.
And that bar was pretty fuckin high.

kys. you missed the point . GOod by?!!

user, mah boo-kee, we should have known.

>using special edition
Literally not an argument. They're prequel tier, that's why they're hated.

hey they found anakin in tatooine

This is CGI for the 2004 special edition dvd. This wasn't in the theatrical cut.

I think that was his point.

>we should have known

Like, we should have known what to expect with PM coming after seeing that shit.

Cool your jets, friend. I'm on your side. I'm pointing out that Lucas was making shit decisions and relying on under-developed technologies before the prequels were shat out.

you can make out some polygons around his mouth

the physical models suffered from their own problems of believability, dont get me wrong, but at least for the ships and stuff they were more convincing than the cgi will ever be

That doesn't nessesarly need an entire movie to be explained.

Yeah, this went to theaters in 1997. There is a better version which ended up on the DVDs.

Sorry friendo. OT autism you know?

JESUS

Lucas WHY

youtu.be/aJTsQEoIcvA

>he hates Jar Jar
>but he likes Ewoks and C3PO-R2D2 highjinks

The OT had silly things.
The prequels only stayed faithful to that.

I didn't even dislike Jar Jar when i watched Episode 1 for the first time or even later. I couldn't see ''The Sin'' that people made out of him.

The prequels suffer from ankward scripts and dialogue but the lore itself is perfectly fine and people even love it but keep denying it.
The prequels spawned tons of EU material in form of games, books and novels that people love despite their dislike for the movies.

This is also one reason why most people think Star Wars Episode 5 is the best. It had the least amount of Lucas script.
He isn't a bad director. He just isn't be best script writer.
And for every shitty CGI scene in the prequels you can show an equal amount of brilliant scenes that everyone loves even those who dislike the movies.

I don't know how anybody can seriously defend this.

youtube.com/watch?v=XoCVXIpiH5w

That still doesn't it make it the original theatrical cut making your argument invalid

C3PO and R2 are actually funny

Bad practical effects still look bad and the OT had plenty of it

that was never his argument you twat

Cool. As long as we both recognize that this made the cut in the version preferred by the director, which was widely released to theaters.

C3PO bits were a little annoying at times. They were never cringy and completely unwatchable.

How are Gungans racist but ewoks aren't?

I see nothing wrong with that film and much of it is practical effects btw

I agree.

nice trips