What's this "new" wave of music called? It all has a similar aesthetic and sound

What's this "new" wave of music called? It all has a similar aesthetic and sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=zMB0OhCe_S8

youtube.com/watch?v=Lzi7ljJiLJQ

youtube.com/watch?v=11QprZLGTzI

youtube.com/watch?v=yV-ZRf7WUnE

I pretty much only listen to 90s post-rock/experimental music, shoegaze and dreampop and I see that these new bands have a similar sound while still being "pop" at the same time.

shit

>aesthetic

I listened to all the songs you posted. Sounds like typical shitty indie rock to me. Except I guess they're singing in spanish or whatever instead of english. All in all pretty boring, every city probably has atleast 50 bands with a sound like this.

Homosexual Muzak

Indie rock, pure trash.

When did indie change it's meaning?

I'm 24 and indie always used to be post-garage punk to me, like Arctic Monkeys or Interpol or some shit like that.

Now I'm seeing all these bands I'd consider dream pop or shoegaze being "indie".

you're 24 and you can't figure this out?

These aren't that related and indie rock is actually good.

No because for my last 10 years I've exclusively listening to 90s or 70s music and until recently I've been figuring out this new shit, only because it reminds me of "older" music I already liked.

All with the exception of 3 sound like some dance-y dream pop, I guess. 1st has absolutely obnoxious sequenced drums, what the fuck is up with that.
3 sounds too much like generic 3rd wave post-rock to fit into your bunch, although the cover does have the same visual aesthetic, but that's just basically all the 80's revivalism going around right now with the synth/vaporwaves

>FFO Dr. Dog core

There's a wave of dream pop that takes influence from a typical 80s-esque production and jangle pop rather than artists like Cocteau Twins or Julee Cruise. Boy Pablo I would say fits in that category, and so does Wild Nothing, Radio Dept., Fazerdaze, Alvvays, and to a lesser extent You'll Never Get to Heaven.

>Complaining about someone using a word properly

Why is number 2 trying to be mac demarco

>mac de marco invented jangle pop in 2012

he's definitely trying to cop his aesthetic, it's more than just genre

those are from three different genres
the first two is part of the 80's nostalgia stuff
the third sounds like the cousin of the post-metal stuff my brother listens to
and the fourth is just a throwback to a genre popular in france in the sixties, don't remember the name

"Indie" should never have been used as a genre tag because it literally just means not having a label or running your own label. King Gizzard is fucking Indie by that definition.

weird shitty 80s revival themes in softboy indie rock/pop

less pronounced in that third song, though - that one gives me more of an early 2010s indie rock vibe

Then what genre is early modest mouse, built to spill, pavement, and archers of loaf?