Is this actually a good movie or is it just "attractive normies pretend they have problems" fodder?

Is this actually a good movie or is it just "attractive normies pretend they have problems" fodder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mxPgplMujzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5_Wl83o9HTs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's beyond all that. It's one of the best of the decade.

are attractive people not supposed to have problems?

it's fantastic, honestly

its shit
embarassing as fuck

that's part of the deal when you sign up to be attractive

Nah. You're glib. Your dismissal is facile. I'm laying it all out like it is. Cause your consensus is unanimously ignorant & likely relies on a warped one-sided cinematic record. So fucking wrong in your steadfast low-info belief that when someone shows you the light you recoil in impotent hatred. Feel sorry for your ass.

Why does every Gosling movie have to be a fucking cringe fest? This movie was your typical love story + cringy musical with a twist.

prob cause you see a bit of yourself in him WOOH gotem.

I don't normally cringe at movies but The Nice Guys and La La Land had scenes where I wanted to leave the theater, no joke

wow reddit is mad

good if you have a cuck fetish

Glib facsimile

Fuck off shill

It's OK. The story is a bit trite, but it fits in with the millenial twee/sad romantic comedy thing. The acting is fine.

The singing and dancing, however, are not good at all (honestly, they're not even passably good), which is kind of a problem in a musical like this, but what are you going to do? It's not like there's anyone alive even close to Astaire these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxPgplMujzQ

DUDE 500 DAYS OF SUMMER THE MUSICAL

What's the plot?

He was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it anymore obvious senpai?

I thought the same thing. The film is working to get the same overall feelings, though the characters are a bit different.

this

jesus christ....
look at that fucking pic..... what do you think?

yeah look at you

>your face will never be the footped of one of her sandals

Out of curiosity, how much experience watching musicals do you anons have? What are some of your other favorites?

> best of the decade.
a musical with people that don't really sing

musicals are pleb garbage

This film was fantastic though.

>This film was fantastic
Did Rotten Cuckmatoes tell you that?

What makes you think that musicals are pleb garbage? They generally vary as much in quality as non-musical films do, tbqh.

>cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck

like clockwork.

no, my superior taste in film did.

HOLLYWOOD HAS BEEN DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAKE GOSLING HAPPEN FOR A DECADE AND IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK!!! SO FUCK OFF!!!FACT!!!

Cats

Sit down, user. I have bad news.

How else can anyone respond to you claiming that film was fantastic? Only with shitposting. It was your typical love story bullshit + some bonus KEK twist + Goose musical cringefest

>talking shit about the goose

Where do you think you are?

Swing Time? Top Hat?

Nah. You're a dumb sack of shit my dude. The film is so far above true right and good above you and everything you're capable of creating, in every way. Outta-woodwork default-mode labels that'll die once the film wins Best Picture and you'll hate some more but nothing you post on this sorry-ass excuse for a board has a calculable fraction of the mass appeal as Chazelle's been able to concoct, shithead. 'member that.

Please tell me Gosling doesn't get the girl at the end and drives away singing A Real Hero in a 2005 Mustang.

Its a good movie, but overrated. Once people actually look at the story and not the musical aspects, they will see a poorly written film with weak characters, weak conflict and weak plot

Don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled
She doesn't, she dumps him and has a baby with a Chad, while he stays single and smiles with tears when he sees her, literal cuck ending

movie was too good for you.

feels bad man

Chad looks like a combination of Ramsay Bolton and Tom Welling.

It's an OK movie.

+: Gosling and Stone are good and have good chemistry. The cinematography and production design are excellent.
-: It's a musical without any particularly good music. There's no substance. It's way too long and has an awkward ending.

better than wiplash, I dont care that all tv/ consider it meme movie, It was the best cinematic experience of the decade so far.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the it definitely should have ended with Gosling turning into the Driver.

Listen to the music again.

It looks like boring oscarbait

sorry that was a question.
better than wiplash?

Why? The only memorable part of the score was the "City of Stars" leitmotif. The rest were forgettable.

And everything was poorly sung to boot (well, except the first freeway 'another day in sun' song, but that wasn't a good song to begin with).

You're just insatiable

attractiveness is second only to inherited wealth for making your life easy mode

>The height of artistic and cinematic crudeness conjoined arrives in a scene that’s staged as a revelation. Mia tells Seb that she hates jazz, complaining that what passed in her home town for a jazz radio station was used as background music for parties and everyone talked while it was playing. Seb is determined to introduce her to the real thing, and he immediately takes her to a club, where a quintet is playing some vigorous (if derivative) post-bop—and after the first few notes are heard Seb launches into his elaborate mansplanation of the origins and merits of jazz, talking volubly and inexhaustibly over the music he loves as if it were nothing but the local background station.

Not him but I listened to some of the soundtrack on Spotify quite alright. I'm in love with a nerdy slightly chubby girl who sorta looks like Emma Stone. I want to see it alone and daydream about her but I have never been to the movies alone or in years.

Alot of people don't find Emma or Gosling attractive.

I think it says plenty that I couldn't remember any of it 20 minutes after I left the theater. Not one hook. Not one lyric.

This. Nobody walked out of a film musical with a Jerome Kern book or an Irving Berlin book or a George Gershwin book and wasn't able to remember any of the music.

But La La Land? It's music is disposable.

Saw this with my gf. I almost cried at the end

I know plenty that would disagree with yr statement...

Most people, however, do.

Rose tinted shit about past Hollywood. Otter garbage, there's nothing - nor was there ever - glorious, glamorous about Hollyshit.

Top pleb has graced the thread with his garbage opinion.

Trust me, only homosexuals like this movie. It's literally for people who like musicals and show-tunes.

>Your dismissal is facile
>pushes glasses up oil slick on bridge of nose

You don't have to be gay to like musicals, though most of the musicals being made today are made largely to appeal to the gays.

youtube.com/watch?v=5_Wl83o9HTs

Thing's a work of art. Ingenious piece of film. You: "blanket dismissal of group that created thing" saying nothing of actual content, just dismissal. Pre-judgement, you have said nothing concerning the content. It's POWERFUL. Invokes STRONG archetypes. ON-POINT aesthetic. It's got STAYING power. Profundity. Something the dying superhero franchises lost a decade ago. And we're to believe you're some sorta arbiter of taste with your played out Star Wars garbage or anything else. 'the fuck outta here, the work's tremendously influential to many, you not so much, how'd that happen?

I figured if went and saw this alone everyone would think I'm fag

>If you do not dig some terrible cheap nostalgy shit film about false narrative Hollywood you like capeshit

Hang yourself off your umbilical cord fucking imbecile.

'Haha cause apathetically thrashing the most potent display of forward-thinking American filmmaking & much-needed mainstream craftsmanship makes me above it all. High five, insert less-than-flattering description of the film here, for it is the most substantiative argument I can conjure. Yes I sure am ahead of the curve in my roundly beside-the-point quasi-criticism of the film. le nostalgic hollywood trash (that way people know I disagree with it's powerful messages that have roused flocks of once-disillusioned filmgoers back to the box offices again & again this year.) Idc cause I cant conceive of the technical aspects, artistic intent or aesthetic beauty of anything I watch, and don't much care to look into it ;p'

I KNOW you're a capeshitter, unthinking capeshit watching

FINALLY

THE NICE GUYS WAS COMPLETE SHIT

i take the bait every time somebody posts about it desu

I don't think it's style did enough to distract from it's weak and corny plot. The last 10 minutes of the movie really made up for a lot of the horribly boring parts. Goose in the band was so lame and the series of acting failures from Emma were so contrived. It just wasn't anything new but I appreciated it's visual capacity for story telling, it elevated the movie.

It's the kind of bland and uncreative musical that Hollywood loves.

So fucking mad, btw. the last three filmes I watched were "From What Is Before", "Rebels of the Neon God" & "Sudden Fear". This Lalacrap was as bad as capeshit by any moral meter.

If this movie was an anime Sup Forums could be masturbating furiously to it

Overall it's decent, it isn't the most original story told but its filmed in a unique way. The ending sequence and opening were the best part though.

Might not be worth a watch until it's streaming somewhere, but not a bad choice.

I enjoy musicals, but thought the musical numbers in this movie were the worst part.

I understand that they were going for some kind of tempered, realistic version of a musical, but I think it's such a heightened art form to begin with that it's virtually useless to not go all out with the pizazz.

The musical numbers also didn't communicate anything vital to the story that wasn't communicated through the script, which is key to musicals - so you could realistically cut out every musical number from this movie and still have a perfectly logical film; and I would argue a much better film. At times I thought it was really great, and at times I thought it was too schmaltzy without really committing. If this movie had been predominantly in the style of the dinner scene It would have been my movie of the year, but as a whole it feels like two ideas poorly taped together.

As someone who tried to make it in hollywood it really stung though.

Is that Todd Glass behind her?