Why are so few television shows good?

Why are so few television shows good?

I have an easier time finding good anime shows from whatever season I happen to be in than a concurrently running TV show.

Is anime just inherently superior to live action TV shows?

Pretty much, but normies will always prefer watching TV shows because of their inferior intellect.

Because westerners are degenerates

TV shows are far more intellectual than anime.

Cause you're a virgin weeb who can only relate to 2d characters

It's not my fault that anime characters are better written than TV characters.

Name one anime with a comparable amount of depth as Sopranos.

Both are mostly terrible. The Wire and Sopranos are both a lot better than any anime though.

If any "bad" western show was turned into a anime it would be a good anime anime doesn't have to try as hard it's kinda sad

Easy

Television shows are not meant to be good. Go watch a film, pleb.

Anime seems to be able to take any subject matter and turn it into bland flashy nonsense starring plastic dolls of teenage girls

I think we just generally have lower standards when it comes to anime.

Like if you watch a slice of life show like k-on you go into it expecting the same shit you have seen a hundred times before.

Ichigo Mashimaro.

Almost all of them.

Did you even look?

>Television shows are not meant to be good
Then what the fuck are they meant to be?

American television is too leftist and Jewish. The bad guy is too often some white blonde guy oppressing some poor colored person.

A way to kill time and let your brain snooze inbetween wageslaving and sleep

No. It was fun to watch with Sup Forums because of QUALITY but it really isn't that great. Especially if you count season 2.

CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

You don't sound like you actually watch a lot of anime.

Evangelion

That's sad.

Bait

Life is sad.

Not too much anymore. Used to be a pretty huge weeb though.

These days I generally just catch the occasional slice of life series.

Why is it so hard to find a 720p version of Minami-Ke?

It doesn't have to bee.

A vehicle for transmitting corporate propaganda to the public.

Anime needs more people of color. There's too many white characters.

>720p version of a 2007 show
What's the point. They used low quality digital animation then, so it'd just be upscaled and look like shit. A lot of 2000's anime will never be released in HD because of this.

Monogatari

>t. Anno

That's an interesting theory. What agenda is this propaganda meant to push then?

Television has become too subversive and political. It's mostly a vehicle for Jewish revolutionary activity nowadays.

It still generally means less artifacts than watching the SD quality ones. Even if it's shit by HD standards.

I look above, the stars are bright
But I'm blinded by your light

>ids dah joooooooosss

Now THIS is entertainment.

K-On discusses the nature of the "Homo Ludens", as theorized by Johann Huizinga, and celebrates girlish adolescence in a Japanese high school as the apotheosis of the play-element in human civilization.

It's a very deep show underneath its cute aesthetics.

Are you kidding? You think advertisers are subsidizing all this content out of charity?

Wolf's Rain

I'm asking a genuine question, and you just respond with hostility. Fine, be that way. Don't know why I even bothered, everytime I try to be nice this happens.

Here's how it works. Advertisers pay the networks to broadcast their corporate messaging. The networks use that money to fund content.

Television is far more philosophical and intellectual than anime.

Just look at Westworld. What anime comes even close to matching its brilliant philosophical themes and character development?

None. That's what.

But how is that propaganda? It's different companies paying for different messages, there isn't one agenda being pushed.

2D>3D this applies to both women and entertainment

I thought this was going to be interesting, but it just turned out to be yuribait with occasionally nice animation.

You sound deeply confused. I never suggested there is "one agenda being pushed".

why was it so fucking good bros?

i want to go back and rewatch it again but it feels too soon to do it, i watched it during summer

LAY YOUR HEART DOWN
ON TO THE SEA OF THE STARS

Then how is it propaganda?

It was great, all the Freudian imagery combined with age gap yuri combined with the awesome animation made the series just about perfect

I like to have a story with my Chinese cartoons.

it's modern TV shows that suck, try the 90s

You're joking, right? We are living in the golden age of television right now.

were you not paying attention, there was a story since episode one. Its about Cocona growing up and making a decision. That and falling in love with her mothers best friend who helped her mother give birth

This was probably true a few years ago, but all the big shows have ended.

That's retarded. I like a compelling story with my Chinese cartoons.

Jews have spent the last 150 years trying to spread communism and other revolutionary ideologies. They won't refrain from using an industry they control for it. How is that controversial?

Not GoT.

Jesus fuck, are you clinically retarded? Do you think all propagandists share some unitary point of view, is that it? I can't even wrap my head around the scope of your idiocy.

Oh Christ, not this again. Do you idiots ever get tired? Why can't you stay on your own board?

>muh baby politics
Literally redit the show

You are an incredibly mean spirited person. I'm asking you nicely to explain how it's propaganda, and all you do is spew venom.

"Mindlessly buy our products or you will never be happy and fulfilled"

>Literally redit the show
muh baby politics

>TV is filled with reality shows, capeshit, edgy shit and formulaic murder-mystery garbage
>most of them infected with SJW nonsense
>golden age
yeah, sure

German sailors started the revolution

This is a thinly veiled Sup Forums thread to be fair

There's a lot (and I mean A LOT) of shit anime out there, but good anime can make anything interesting.

I've never been a car person, or particularly liked Japanese club music, but I ran across the first episode of Initial D by accident on YouTube and ended watching the whole series.

>muh sjw boogeyman

wew

As much as I enjoyed Westworld, episodes 5-8 completely shat the bed with their Maeve/Felix/Sylvester sequences. Almost ruined the entire season.

Also, to be brutally honest, 25 years ago the plot to the entire season of Westworld, themes and all, would have been a single standalone episode of a series like TNG or Babylon 5. There's decompressed storytelling, and then there's moving at an unnecessary crawl.

Wow, stormfags really are pathetic slugs

Now do one for these.

Holy fuck, it's like an A Wyatt Mann drawing came to life.

wtf I love jews now

>Look guys, I posted it again!
FUCKING WEEBS GET OUT OF MY BOARD WITH YOUR UNDERCOVERED WEEBSHIT THREADA

THIS BOARD IS FOR LIVE ACTION TV AND KINO, NOT YOUR SHITTY AUTISTIC MLP-TIER SHOWS

Report this thread for spam and rule violation.

>anime

Anime is fucking dogshit filled with retard tropes and shit characters. The fact that you're posting moeshit as an OP image proves you just have god awful taste and you're a weeb.

It's true though. I can't think of a single western tv show in recent memory that hasn't been preaching feminist ideology to some degree or other.

Are neo-Nazis subhuman?

This man can't handle the truth.

>be me
>no good televisionkino
>decide to watch anime
>watch some stupid random shit Sup Forums recommended
>wow it was mind numbingly stupid
>go to a thread to discuss
>everyone is posting pictures of the anime girl characters and talking about masturbation
anime is a mental illness. OP you're a retard.

Anime is filled with immemorial story-telling and archetypes. People who have read the Nibelungenlied and Amadis of Gaula would recognize them instantly.

You have been subverted by Jewish revolutionary communist propaganda, and consider degenerate art to be intellectually superior, when it's only political activism disguised as a cultural product.

It doesn't surprise me. They did it before, it will end the same way as Habsburg Vienna and Weimar Berlin.

it's no boogeyman, TV shows of the last 8-9 years are obsessed with multicultural and feminist subtext, and it gets worse every year. But more importantly, the medium isn't as good anymore regardless. The "golden age" ended around 2006

Kino incoming January 7th

>this is what Sup Forums believes

>listening to Sup Forums
your first mistake

I never go to Sup Forums, so I wouldn't know. Politics don't interest me

Fuck off tumblr

>Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on the TV earlier
>Never seen the films or read the books
>Opens with some kind of sporting event
>Film opens, happy ethnically-diverse European wizard encampment gets attacked by the magic Ku Klux Klan
>Some kind of hamfisted Nazis-only-following-orders analogy by one of the professors regarding Lord Voldemort's followers
>Decide to pull out phone and find out what this "Lord Voldemort" is up to in the series as the villain
>Tried to stop wizards/witches mixing with regular humans as it was destroying their magical abilities
>This somehow makes him the villain

Truly anime is the last bastion of entertainment for the non-degenerates.

I think he's a villain because he wants to abra kadabra everyone.

Browsing Sup Forums basically ruined my enjoyment of anime.

You pretty much spout the exact same opinions as they have, and you'd have me believe that you don't go there? Yeah, right.

Good. Let him.

Maybe I won't have to sit through another one of these shitty Harry Potter movies that way.

It's the only right-wing cultural industry left in the world, not controlled by Jews or Marxists.

What did he mean by this?

Not only that, but the rival of the black haired protagonist is a blonde and blue eyed wizard supremacist.

Why?