Tfw you realize Fallout New Vegas is the most realistic representation of our world conflicts

>tfw you realize Fallout New Vegas is the most realistic representation of our world conflicts

>Caesar's Legion is the Middle East and the far right-wing, fighting against degeneracy and upholding traditionalism and striking the Mojave through terror and bribery

>NCR is the far left wing, wanting redistribution of power and wealth and expanding their territory while spreading themselves too thin and exposing their degeneracy and corruption

>Mr. House is the old lineage of families and the wealthy who are in power and want to maintain their hold on that control. Their only concern is to maintain status quo, even though some practices have become outdated and ineffective

>Bonus: Yes Man/loner run is the atheist/NEET crowd power fantasy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBAHzsqBmCA
youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY
youtube.com/watch?v=tHFsWCzBBmk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Caesar's Legion is the Middle East

The Middle east are a bunch of raghead barbarians that stole assyrian technology because they're too dumb, whereas the romans literally laid the foundations for the modern world to build on.

The fact that you even make a comparison like that shows that you're literally fucking retarded, and you don't deserve to have the privilege to post on this board or this site.

>>>

I love this game. But stop posting.

top jej

ur a maroon

I don't realize because your assessment is wrong and not congruent with your real world correlations.

>source: having played much more new vegas than you

ive read a theory somewhere that people playing fallout would play exactly like they would behave in a apocalypse.

>id be a violent drug addicted gambler that only walks around in suits

ayy lmao cant wait till russia nukes us

>The Middle east are a bunch of raghead barbarians that stole assyrian technology because they're too dumb

That sounds a lot like Caesar's Legion

This is a terrible thread.

Kill yourself.

>people playing fallout would play exactly like they would behave in a apocalypse.

That's what I always end up doing, more or less. It's not really fun for me to just be pure evil or something just for the sake of being evil. I like to think about what I would actually do in every situation.

>Caesar's Legion
>fighting against degeneracy and upholding traditionalism
No, fuck off.
If they didn't make Caesar's Legion such incompetent edgelords, then perhaps.

Mesopotamian*

cool then I cant wait to be a tank sniper who gets all his nutrition from epinephrine shots

I've definitely played more Fallout New Vegas then you.

High Survival and Science skill is the best

so many drugzzzz

I doubt it. Killing someone in real life, as opposed to killing someone in Fallout, would be a lot more mentally taxing, and, at most times, avoided when possible.

But this thread is obviously filled with 13 y/o's tooting their own horns, who haven't even begun living yet, and are already so socially outcast by their peers that they're just itching for the chance of starting from scratch.

Makes sense. I would be a lonely duster wearing cowboy camping out under the stars.

I kinda wanna play nv know thanks op

>Caesar's Legion
>Upholding tradition
Not really, Caesar is just unifying tribes under a semi-replica of Roman culture

>NCR
>Redistribution of wealth and power
Incredibly wrong, the NCR is corrupt and taxes the shit out of everyone and is run by the rich. They dont give a shit about the poor.

TO THE TOWN OF AGUA FRIA RODE A STRANGER ONE FINE DAY

guess I'm a cosplaying narccist with a hunting rifle

their downfalls are realistic representations as well

But the whole reason Caesar brought the Legion to the area was so that their two cultures could mix and become one. He believes that neither can go on as they currently are forever, with the legion burning everything to the ground, and the New California Republic stuck in the past trying to replicate the technologies of the old world when there weren't even enough resources to support that before the war, never mind now.

I agree with this sentiment, one of my favorite mods tweaks spawns so that in the wasteland, you're more likely to run across a clutch of some kind of radiated creature, than nameless raiders.

I also used it to decrease slightly the unnamed characters that populate some areas, and to increase it in others, it makes raider out posts feel like raider outposts, rather than just a place for tonsa bullet sponges to hang out. Also makes cities feel like cities.

Playing with realistic damages and survival mode, makes it the best thing.

10/10 game (with mods)

Such an epic game.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBAHzsqBmCA

Shotty/sniper special forces cool guy here. Cant wait to start rocking fools with my AMR.

Add to this, it's one of the reasons NV is still played in 2016, alongside 4, which will probably lose its fanbase after the last DLC is finished. Mods for Fallout 4 mostly suck, the modding community doesn't seem to care about this game, but it is fairly new, so time will tell.

There's just no way to really play 4 and roleplay who you want, you're always Nate. Hopefully Obsidian gets the chance to shit out a big mod using the new Fallout 4 resources, like they did with NV, but without a voiced protag or player characters set in stone.

Sometimes you WANT to be a nameless wanderer who isn't the gun toting god of everything, savior of the wasteland

My only gripe about New Vegas (besides the shitty gamebryo engine, but that's more a fault of bethesda) is that Caesar's Legion wasn't fleshed out.

They had a real chance to show how "big evil dictator of the wasteland" is actually a lot more morally gray than one would think. In hard times, you sometimes need centralized power and absolute authority in order to get things done effectively.

I wanted to see the legion portrayed more morally-gray and to flesh it out with more characters and actual towns. I wanted to see what life in the legion was actually like. Instead all we see is a single encampment. No actual glimpses of legion life. Just hearsay from NPCs.

And because they weren't able to flesh the legion out with nuance, I guess they were forced to portray them as chaotic evil psychos who go around killing puppies for the lulz.

Wasn't their development time suddenly cut.

What mods are those, f a m?

Yup. That's why I said "And because they weren't able to flesh the legion out with nuance"

Still, they made 5 whole DLCs. Why couldn't they have at least 1 DLC that took place in a legion town back in arizona? I really wanted to see actual legion life. Damn shame.

It really sucked not being able to travel there. I remember first playing the game and thinking "wow, look at all this territory to the east of the colorado on the map!" I thought the game would have this cool juxtaposition where you'd travel over to the other side and see the contrast of how radically different everything is over there.

But no, you go over there and there's one camp you can warp to from a boat and the rest of the eastern shore is blocked off with cliffs and invisible walls. Shame.

Also, the game is heavily inspired by Six String Samurai which is a really cool movie and it's fun to roleplay as the Buddy Holly samurai

The most important ones are Project Nevada and Increased wasteland spawning, they let you customize your experience, combined with the native survival mode it's pretty good.

Then you can add things like a portable bedroll, craft pack or crafting overhaul, weapon mods that tweak leveled lists and add new weapons, and when you have had your fill you can install DUST survival simulator or A World of Pain.

Also look for texture mods, flora mods, skybox mods, lighting mods, things like that. I know it sounds stupid to say "oh, you just need to add a hundred things befor it's fun" but the fun part is the game itself, and the near infinite way you can tailor your experience, I think

>Picking anything apart from Mr House

I sure would love some meth right now!

you can fill in most of blanks with their dialogue and a knowledge of history. and honest hearts details the sort of fashion they came up in.

really the only piece I thought was missing is that you never get to see Bill Calhoun. The last person who saw the rise of the empire.

>Never steal
>Never murder innocents
>Safeguard the weak and helpless
>Use words over violence when possible
>Genocide raider, fiend and legion scum
>No Gods, No Masters

I can only hope I'm that good when faced with the harsh reality.

you haven't played new vegas, have you?

Mad Max?

>Legionfags
>promoting slavery
>good

Nice try kiddo.

>not picking Yes Man
>not purging all old world ideals
>not bringing Vegas into a new golden age

shiggy

I have. I know there is a lack of quests for the legion.

shit i would have charisma on max and talk my ass out of conflicts and convince everyone to kill themselfs

>even a postapocaliptic state can build roads
LIBERTARDS BTFO

>tfw max speech sociopath with a power fist

Yes Man is just anarchy though since there's no actual leader.
I agree with you on purging old world ideals as a positive, but Yes Man ending won't do that.

If Mad Max had a 45-70 and did lots and lots of drugs.

I'm not talking about just backstory being filled in for me.

I wanted to SEE the legion. I wanted to travel in arizona and see what it's like for myself. Talk to civilian legion citizens and see what things are like and how radically different it is compared to NCR territory.

There's like 3 or 4 mods that kinda fix this. I believe it's like, Caesar's New Regime and Legion Expanded or something that are the most popular.

They make the Legion more distinct and build a presence in the south east, and add some pointless quests to make you feel like a bigger part of the Legion. There's no substitute for actual Legion content from the devs though, which will never happen.

YEAH! WHO WON THE LOTTERY? I DID!

Personally, I believe that the Yes Man ending would depend on just the character you played as and it's more open ended than that.

Just my two cents though - obviously the slides are pretty black and right.

I've used those. They're more along the lines of typical overhaul mods that include new armor and weapons and stuff for the legion to use. Also a legion companion with dialogue, which is pretty cool.

Although I actually like the football pad armor of the vanilla legion. A lot of people hate it for being stupid, but it's straight from the road warrior so I find it endearing.

But yeah, the main problem is the lack of development in terms of civilian life in the legion. All you see are soldiers and a military camp.

And then there's the fact that with the way the reputation system works, if you decide to join legion, basically 90% of the world map becomes hostile to you. This makes it pretty much impossible to play a legion runthrough without doing it as a chaotic evil edgelord who just goes around pillaging everything.

You're the leader. You don't count as a person?

Makes sense, i went with scoped Varmint Rifle which is the closest i can aquire in real life, and i always approach enemies from the mountain range.

>Runs around screaming "I won the fucking lottery!"
>kill him and take the ticket
>ask the half nigger inside the gas station about redeeming the ticket.
>says its a lottery of freedom
>kill him and plant the ticket on this body.
>walk out and join the legion.
I do this every time, and im not sure why.

Yeah, the only way to do the Legion right would be to have a Legion run end with them conquering Vegas as a whole, as in, when you get their endings, you roam the sandbox and the Legion is everywhere now, so you're welcome everywhere. Instead, you're vilified, which realistically, you would be.

Or have a separate map in Arizona like you've said, that is all Legion. Could have been a DLC, but eh.

Hopefully Obsidian gets to take another crack at Fallout, Bethesda doesn't seem to understand that the series is supposed to be about the dynamics of the post-post-apocalypse society, not "lasers, Buck rogers robots, mutants, nameless raiders who hate you for no reason, and needless gore."

That's because in order to be a part of the legion you have to agree with their tactics and ideals. That's the whole point of ruling through brutal force. There's no grey area.

I kill this fucker every time for the lulz

True that. Ideally I would like to see a fallout game designed so that about 1/3rd the area is the territory of Faction A, 1/3rd the area is the territory of Faction B, and 1/3rd neutral. And when you get to the point where you have to pick a side, the other faction's area because hostile territory. And it would need to be balanced so that each side has a good number of NPCs, quests, towns, etc on its own. Basically the opposite of what happened in NV, where the split was like 95 to 5%, meaning that it made the least sense to play legion because you were cut off from so many NPCs, quests, and towns.

Fallout 4 was fucking awful. Although to be honest, I only played a few hours and didn't go very far in it. But it's just so bland. They ignored everything good NV did, went back to the mediocrity of FO3, and then made it even more dumbed-down and casual than even before. Fucking garbage.

I hope obsidian gets another chance to use the FO4 engine/assets to make a decent RPG. But seeing how fucked over they were with NV, I doubt its going to happen.

The NCR is just a representation of modern day American politics. It's just corrupt non-stop bureaucracy that has phenomenal people in the wrong places. They have the best, smartest, and brightest everywhere but the top and it shows. It shows that those with ambition get farther than those most suited for the job and everyone suffers.

The best decision for the betterment of the Mojave is Yes Man or Mr. House. NCR and Legion are both shit and will make the Mojave worse.

>mfw people tell me the NCR are the good guys

There really are no good guys, not the Brotherhood, not NCR, not the Legion, not House, none of the Vegas families, not even the Courier, really.

It's basically up to the player to make the call, each choice is radically different and represents different approaches and world views, it's really neat.

Then you get Fallout 4 which just kinda shits on everything, it's like an 8th grader wrote the story

I used god mode

Guess that means I have superpowers

> fallout 4 was so horrible meme

I wish Sup Forums would die for spreading this cancerous meme all over the net and Sup Forums

Fallout 4 is neck and neck with NV as far as best fallout games , followed by 3

>There really are no good guys

And that's why NV is so much better than 3. It introduces the concept of gray instead of Black and White. It shows that no answer will be perfect, and no matter how hard you work, people will still die, kill, and exploit their way around life. The NCR taxes its unrepresented people into oblivion and never protects them. The Legion enslaves half the population and weeds out the weak via death but they keep their land secure, safe, and strong. Yes Man is pure anarchy in all its freedom, including the freedom for the strong to exploit the weak. And Mr House is a cold, cruel, calculation autocracy to where the people are safe, secure, and cared for but have no say if something is awry.

There is no right answer, only results.

i.e rape disgusts me. It's terrible.

HOWEVER

In a post apocalyptic world, I could imagine a scenario where I fend off a gang of raiders, capture one of the females and take her against her will.

In such a scenario, it's not even rape. You're essentially taking the spoils of war. I'm sure she'd understand.

>4 is neck and neck with NV

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, bud. 4 is definitely an improvement on 3, but it's nowhere close to NV.

I really hope Bethesda gut obisdion and never let them make another game

>Bonus: Yes Man/loner run is the atheist/NEET crowd power fantasy

LOL an atheist doesn't listen to commands and wildly assume what they're told is true you silly goose.

It depends how you look at it, but the game was incredibly shallow. They made some steps forward by basically ganking all the best mods from NV and stuffing them into their game, but they made huge steps backwards by not learning from NV that yes, there are enemies beyond supermutants, ghouls, and raiders.

Somehow, despite answering the "what do they eat" question, they still made the game feel like it took place 20 years after the fact, rather than nearly 250. Bethesda just cannot into game, they aren't good writers.

But, if you don't really care about writing and are happy with "shoot badguys infinitely, receive ending," (nothing wrong with that) then Fallout 4 is ok, but still a mediocre shooter, mediocre roleplaying game, and mediocre world building game.

It just so happens to be Fallout flavored mediocrity.

How would you feel about slavery then? If you capture an enemy combatant or an enemy slave, would it be alright in your eyes to keep them as a slave?

Todd Howard please go. You will never make a game as good as NV.

4 wasn't a terrible game but it really did lack story depth and choices. NV is still leagues better.

Stay mad all the money goes to Bethesda anyway

Obsidian are Bethesdas bitch

I always sided with NCR because NCR is representing the people of the wasteland and wants the best for a functioning post apocalyptic society

Does that make me a liberal?

Sort of like the dialogue wheel in Fallout 4, there's no choice, it all goes to Todd.

It's not even an RPG. It's just a shallow sandbox that you run around and shoot things in. Sometimes with a paper-think excuse plot attached

I won't debate that Bethesda makes the paper while Obsidian wallows without, but Obsidian is still making games, you know.

>best for a functioning post- apocalyptic society

If the objective is simply the best functioning society, go with the Legion. They're safe, strong, secure, and self-sufficient. The NCR is the most inefficient and corrupt out there. They would only be acceptable maybe 50 years after they stop land expansion to actually try taking care of their people. But since they only think about expanding to no ends, people are just milked of their money through taxes with no representation or protection.

>the dialogue wheel
>voiced MC
>leveling up speech doesn't matter since it's % based and not speech checks

Fuck, 4 was bad. It was an absolutely horrible RPG, but as a game it wasn't the worst.

The gameplay was good, but the rpg element totally ruined the game for me.

Thank god there's a big ass mod coming for New Vegas, looks good.
youtube.com/watch?v=5nenXX9wQRY

The NCR is a pretend-civilization. They muscle people into acting peaceful and trying to act like they used to back in the day, but they're all too weak and corrupt to stand up to any real threat in the post-apocalypse and will just leave them open to that.

>infinite quests

youtube.com/watch?v=tHFsWCzBBmk

Who's the Brotherhood?
I killed everybody that attacked me for wearing BoS armour and maxxed out their quest line.

Brotherhood is Japan.

>NEET Man or Mr. Greed are the two best decisions for the mojave.

Yeah, if you want to the Strip to make lots of money and be incredibly safe, than go House. He doesn't give a shit about the mojave besides the Strip and the Dam, though. He tells you himself, in his eyes it's just a wasteland out there, anything worth anything is found on the Strip, or at the Dam.

Yes Man is literally a "who the fuck knows"

You are kicking out the major powers and leaving the mojave to essentially fend for itself. Don't kid yourself, the courier wont live forever and eventually there will be another NCR/Legion coming to take control of the Strip and the Damn. I know anarchy sounds awesome to you edgelords but people tend to live better lives with some form of government. If that wasn't true we would have stopped forming governments after the first couple failed.

NCR are the good guys. They aren't "Fallout 3 BoS paladins in shining power armor" kinda good guys, but when you take the NCR as a whole, the good and the bad, the good still outweighs the bad.

I mean, look at your criticisms of the NCR

>It's just corrupt non-stop bureaucracy that has phenomenal people in the wrong places.

This could happen in any form of government. House wouldn't be any better, he gave the three families elevated status on the Strip, solely because their tribes where nearby when he needed some human bodies to compliment his robot army when the NCR first arrived.

Yes Man route? Really depends on who you leave alive. Really no guarantee that the Mojave could do anything better than the NCR though, and they'll have less to work with to boot.

>They have the best, smartest, and brightest everywhere but the top and it shows. It shows that those with ambition get farther than those most suited for the job and everyone suffers.

As it should be, in a way. You can have all the talent in the world, with no ambition you will still never get anywhere.

>He doesn't give a shit about the mojave besides the Strip and the Dam, though.

He funds the followers to help the people of Freeside (which we are to assume is a bulk of the population), and he sends securitrons to protect smaller towns like Goodsprings and Primm.

>Yes Man is literally a "who the fuck knows"

Agreed. It depends on how you shaped the Mojave.

>NCR are the good guys

The NCR is the ones who don't give a shit about the Mojave. Nobody asked them to come and take the land. Nobody asked the NCR to invade and start taxing the people while keeping caravan routes more unprotected than a virgin in a Somali refugee camp. The NCR is spread thin as it is and cares for nothing but expansion for the sake of expansion. Under House you're taxed but you at least get what you paid for in protection. Even if the bottom line is profit and money, the people are safe, secure, and watched out for by the Followers funded by House.

>As it should be, in a way. You can have all the talent in the world, with no ambition you will still never get anywhere.

And I'm not saying that talent alone should award power, I'm just saying that's what the NCR is. They can't even take care of the fucking Fiends and they're supposed to take care of an entire region? Fuck that.

dude the ncr isn't far left they're just the U.S. of old and the legion isn't far right they're just degenerate terrorists. If you want leftists try the followers of the apocalypse

I think that a high charisma high and high intelligence Courier would do great in the Yes Man ending. Juat think about it
>bringing the technology of Big MT and Sierra Madre to the wasteland
>knowing about the incoming threat of the tunnelers and marked men
>having good relationships with important factions like The Followers, Great Khans, The Boomers and the Families
>purging degenerates such as The Powder Gangers, Fiends, Jackals, Vipers, etc
Make the Mojave great again!

What would be a good build for this? High CHR and INT? Or maybe LCK?

I want to try a character like this, but I feel like they'd be ripped apart by the wasteland, just going from one place to the next.

I don't think you can have the Great Khans stick around after the Hoover Dam ordeal if you side with Yes Man. They either die out in their last attack on the NCR or leave and make their own larger tribe outside the Mojave. Though I suppose it would be good to have outside allies if the need ever arise.

I believe that if they leave the Mojave they will somehow integrate with the Followers.

>>Caesar's Legion is the Middle East and the far right-wing, fighting against degeneracy and upholding traditionalism and striking the Mojave through terror and bribery

Ban all MIDF posters.

>bringing the technology of Big MT and Sierra Madre to the wasteland
Its like you want everyone to die because of Cazadores or Robot Rad Scorpions

You can run from most places and mostly sneak around. I made a character that would never get his hands dirty and only cared about making money. I even recruited companions to fight for me and if they lost I'd run away. High CHR, LCK, INT, and PER to see far away, but low on everything else physical. I weaseled my way though the game and only helped people if I knew it would be good for me whether in the short or long run. Even wore a suit the whole game, shit was pretty fun.

Todd Howard and the Elder Scrolls games are red pilled.

Mojave Internet Defence Force?

Then who's Elijah?

>the guy who just wants to nuke everything so that humanity can Begin Again

>tfw you realize besides the shallow RPG mechanics New Vegas is barely better than other modern fallouts

Its a corrosive gas not nukes, but it can kill anything.