The OA

>cringy characters who are inconsistent
>everyones parents are shit
>pointless characters
>Main character is just one big ?

Sucks cause i like the subject matter but i cant deal anymore. I stopped at episode 4 can someone spoil the rest for me? It's lost tier of "Mystery of the week" but at least lost had some cool charcters. This makes me wanna die

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

help me pls

>i just can't deal!

is that how it ends

MY SECOND FAVOURITE TELEVISION PROGRAM OF THIS YEAR.

THIS IS HOW SENTAI DRAMA IS MADE WELL.

THE COSTUME DESIGN WAS GREAT ALSO; EVERYTHING WITH WHICH BRIT MARLING IS INVOLVED IS EXCELLENT.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E

>i cant deal

Faggot.

It's a great show.

If you liked the subject then fucking finish it you faggot. Sure, it has flaws but non so big to stop watching. It's only like 8 episodes.

>EVERYTHING WITH WHICH BRIT MARLING IS INVOLVED IS EXCELLENT.
lmao terrible taste

Episode 4 where they in hail the gas so that the person doesn't have to is the worst things I've ever seen on TV i had to stop

It's inconsistent for sure, but it's worth sticking around so you can see just how batshit the last ten minutes are and appreciate it in context.

After reading that sentence it also looks like you had to stop the 4th grade.

is this the blooper reel?

1-7 are a prettily filmed story about the power of narrative and the importance of community even if it's told in hippy-bullshit terms.

Episode 8 literally rips wholesale from The Usual Suspects in not even a subtle way. People bash the last scene but the intro to that finale was legit chilling but the hippy-bullshit method they used to enforce the point of everything before it makes the resolution fall flat on its face.

Overall, 6/10
Eps 1-7, 8/10
Ep 8, 3/10

HERE YOU GO. SPOILERS AHEAD

The chick is actually fucking crazy and making everything up. A school shooting happens and the 5 stop the shooter by doing a strange interpretive dance they learn from the OA. The shooter is so taken aback by the absurdity of the situation he lets a cafeteria worker sneak up on him. The OA get shot when the gun misfires.

>I don't like the characters, so it's shit

Grow up, son.

this is a pretty good reason not to like a show

i watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode and then turned it off. i can already tell what type of show this is going to be, a bunch of shitty acting mixed into some stupid lost tier mystery crap with a shitty ending.

You didn't understand the show.

>thinking that was what really happened

You obviously haven't read the dozens of theories I guess

To be fair, the script wants you to think she made it up based on evidence provided in a single episode, but the point of the show is that a narrative is more than the destination or end result. I'm not trying to defend the clusterfuck of a finale but I think it's succeeding in tricking me that it's actually got a deeper meaning than the initial disgust and anger (mirroring the characters when they find out about the Soze box) would lead me to believe.

Pleb detected.

Not liking the characters aren't. Poorly written characters are a good reason.

well the characters are written like shit. They are inconsistent and all have shitty parents

I've been traveling a lot lately. Honestly, I didn't even really pay that much attention to the show.

This is a description of the information that is given to the viewer, which is what OP wanted.

>reading theories

I appreciate it

Why don't people realize that 'The OA' is the true history of the origins of interpretive dance?

>reading theories
>cucking your own mind power for others
lmao faggot

you are all shit, the OA was the best of the year. fucking hopeless people.

The alternative explanation that they leave up for interpretation:
She is framed as a crazy person by her therapist, a school shooting happens and they all do the dance which distracts the shooter until he gets tackled, and then OA travels to the other dimension and meets Homer.

>'The OA' is the true history of the origins of religion

Fixed.

what the actual fuck am i watching

this looks so fucking autistic

>people bothered by the movements

How boring/unimaginative can you be? It's a good spot between science and magic/superpowers.

It's not that bad when you see them discover and develop the whole dance throughout the story

Pleb filtered. Good job OA

>How boring/unimaginative can you be? It's a good spot between science and magic/superpowers.
>It's not that bad when you see them discover and develop the whole dance throughout the story
Yeesh. That shit was entirely retarded.

Explain the video that the two boys watched on one of their phones in while in school that seemed to show OA while in captivity. I think it had Japanese writing on it or something. I'll wait.

What? They saw a video of her playing her violin on the subway platform.

>It's a good spot between science and magic/superpowers.
You're not wrong but when taken out of context it looks retarded to the same people who wouldn't be taken aback by someone shooting a laser pistol out of context because they've seen 100s of those but have never been to theatre to watch contemporary dancing. All about your audience.

>didn't watch the show because I didnt really give a shit
>had this spoiled for me
>going nothing going in and having no context I assumed they were going to like start shooting lightning out of their hands or take down the shooter with telekinesis or something
>it's literally just them doing an interpretive dance

Holy fuck I feel bad for anyone who gave up 8 hours of their free time to watch this turd

It looks retarded in context. It comes out of nowhere and Lucius Malfoy kept calling it a "technology" which made it even more goofy. There was no reason for it to be interpretive dance. It could have easily just been a mental lock opening.

lol learn to watch stuff without using your phone

You have a crude and poor imagination. If something is not as gaudy, garish, and predictable as your capeshit movies then it's a "turd", right?

It started slow, really intrigued after that me until that fucking cafeteria scene. Hopefully a Season 2 is in the works where it's revealed that it actually worked and they wen't just dancing like morons in front of a madman with an Assault Rifle.

The story right up until the end is actually pretty interesting and has potential to be an innovative and interesting show but then the last episode fucking ruined the entire show.

Seriously all the had to do was have something just a little bit less ambiguous than a random guy attacking the shooter. Like an air conditioning unit falls on him or one of his shots ricochets and kills him

>Like an air conditioning unit falls on him
I would have loved it if an AC unit just fell on him out of nowhere, right in the middle of the cafeteria.

Go to bed, Brit. You're drunk

>Lucius Malfoy

That tells us everything we need to know about your mindset.

>your mindset
Are you always such a retard?

>the oa
What's the oa?
>original autist
Oh ok

>Explain the video that the two boys watched on one of their phones in while in school that seemed to show OA while in captivity
what? episode and time?

She wasn't in captivity she was recorded while playing the piano on the subway and it was uploaded to YouTube by a Japanese person. Then the bully Chad says that's a start. Probably ep 7.

>she was recorded while playing the piano on the subway
>playing the piano on the subway

The cafeteria worker who tackled the gunman was the scientist.