Map of the Year each country became High-Income Economy

Map of the Year each country became High-Income Economy

The data is taken from The World Bank and IMF.

Oh, come one, Portugal.

haha eurorecents

>Nominal

>Brazil

>Brazil
>projected to become high-income in 5 years

They've been saying this for decades

I can't believe it, is China actually that rich already?

It's insane how quickly they grew.

chinese shithole cities (1m) are richer than moscow for example

but you europlebs don't know about these things obviously. keep watching your taiwanese cartoons tho

If Uruguay is a high income economy then I feel sorry for the low income ones.

Come one doesn't fucking mean anything.

The Chinese mega cities that are currently underformation will have an average population of the most populated European countries. Shanghai metro for example has larger population than the entire UK..

Below high-income economy is Middle-income economy, and after that, it's low-income economy. Keep in mind that this is nominal GDP, not PPP. It measures how much your money can buy in a 3rd country relative to the US dollar.

the dragon is going to swallow the world. they'll have areas with higher population than the most populated european countries and more technologically advanced than them

jesus...

yeah also with high-speed rail, so you can travel 100km in like 20 minutes

so it's pointless because of exchange rates

>argentina
>venezuela
>russia

Lol

There's also Croatia

>pointless
>because of exchange rates

Idiot

This if you actually start to think about it even at this point china has surpassed probably a whole unified world in industrial potential. Which is fucking impressive and also bloody scary considering they've done it in 50 years

>croatia

They were still shooting up africans into the 70's

India is next. But nothing will ever match China 1980-2020.

They added $1.5 trillion GDP in the last 12 months

prove me wrong.

nominal doesn't mean a damn thing

They also were a legit feudal catholic rural LARPing society until the 70's.

Yeah it does

My personal preference for the best measurement is an average between PPP and nominal, but nominal and PPP separately have their own strengths and flaws.

It's true

We have a lot of those

India doesn't have China's potential in the first place. it will advance too but here we're talking about China surpassing the rest of the world which is very likely

They have yet to produce any modern culture past the works of people from Hong Kong. Any Chinese you can name that isn't an activist or a politician is from Hong Kong.

But we are high income :^)

Why do we always lag to the rest of Western Europe ._.

Because we're so conservative we in the middle ages, boy.

Wtf happened in 1987?

Guns N' Roses came out with Appetite for Destruction

I was born

LMAO ur fucking 30 and still on Sup Forums

Here's the latest railway map.

It's plausible in 2040.

Some estimates have China's GDP at $80 trillion in 2040. That's 35% of world GDP at that time.

>estimates

It shows how much value your money have outside your country. But yes, PPP measures the actual wealth of the nation. Also, keep in mind, annual income is only one way of measuring how developed a country is, democracy index and corruption are another way of measuring the standards of living.

Dank

Lmao you are stuck in poortugal

I'm at work btw

The map is made from 2016 data. I marked Croatia that it will be a high-income within 5 years. 1 year after 2016 is within 5 years time frame.

The high-income threshold was originally set in 1989 at US$6,000 in 1987 prices. So, all the countries that were above 6K at that time, were classified as high-income economies starting from 1987. If you measure the income before 1989, and try to adjust it for the inflation of each year, the US would have became a high income country before the 60s. For the rest, it would be around the 80s.

>Greece is high-income economy
what now?

>central europe doesnt exis-

God bless or how they say in Vienna, Inshallah

Poortugal

>Poland

fucking stupid zerglings

I'm okay with this
There's nothing wrong with oldfags

I'm 33 and have a wife and 3 kids. Been on Sup Forums for many years.