Since there's a lot of Disney shills on tonight, let's have a prequel appreciation thread

Since there's a lot of Disney shills on tonight, let's have a prequel appreciation thread.

Regardless of how you feel about this film, you can't deny the effect that TPM had on the film industry at the time.

>Groundbreaking special effects for 1999
>Marketing and tie-ins literally everywhere you went, from Taco Bell to Pepsi
>Was the single most hyped-up film event ever at the time of its release
>Even today, it's still remembered for just how hyped up it was up until its release

I know a lot of people like to shit on TPM, but I personally love it. If anything, it's a remnant of a more simpler time, a time before 9/11 came and reminded us just how terrible the world really is.

My favorite part is the 9 year old defeating the droid invasion of Naboo. Thank God Qui-Gon risked it all on a podrace so that he was able to leave Tattooine and later end up becoming Darth Vader.

10/10 writing.

>disneyshill still posting his webms
damn he been at it all day

I always feel like I'm in the minority thinking that TPM is the best of the prequels.

I'm not saying it's great, but the movies that came after it just... don't interest me.

AotC has the terrible romance plot and RotS is insanely-bloated with crappy saber fights and cramming as much shit they could to tie up loose-ends.

There's that monolithing concept again. Can't possibly be more than one person, right?

>I always feel like I'm in the minority thinking that TPM is the best of the prequels. Jar-Jar is my favorite. So funny when he steps in the poopie.
Agreed.

Shouldn't you be in a Carrie Fisher thread, talking about how great her CGI appearance in Rogue One was?

I mean, I know you get paid per post, but it's not healthy to get this angry so often.

DUDE JAR JAR LMAO

reddit has made you slack, try and be less obvious man

Shouldn't you be looking for a sculpture of Lucas's cock you can buy off ebay?

Assblasted OP mad because his prequels are fucking garbage. Cry over muh Disney shill boogeyman you manchild.

@77721763
Try and be less obvious next time, and maybe you'll get this (You) back.

>resorting to samefagging your own thread

-Too much talk and nonsense politics
-Darth Maul and Qui Gon Jinn died so soon that they should have never existed to begin with
-Anakin's actor just awful
-Jar Jar would have been fine if he just took no more than 5 minutes on screen
->C3PO was created by Anakin
-That dual lightsaber is plain retarded and doesn't give any practical benefits,its only good for being flashy and intimidating

Okay and now some good words

-I liked seeing the origins of Obi Wan and Anakin
-I also liked seeing the introduction of Jedi lore in general
-The race was cool
-The last battle is memorable and even the hardcore OT fags should admit it
-There's a more expanded view of Tatooine

And that's it mostly.

t. disneyshill

>y-you're a shill!

ahh so you do it for free? even more pathetic then.

I am not a prequel faggot, but I would not rely on rottentomatoes, since they have 90% for doctor strange and 60+ for ghostbusters. Just fyi. And yes, TFA was total garbage.

>Being this angry and defensive over people on the internet having a different opinion than you

Here, I'll even post a Hillary meme so you're not so triggered. I know the very sight of Drumpf makes you pee your pants in anger.

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

>y-you're a liberal!

Prequels are shit and I grew up on them with found memories watching them

Same.

Nicest thing I can say about them now is that they inspired a lot of quality EU and spin-off material.
And even that doesn't entirely justify how badly they turned out.

TPM isn't as bad as people say it is. It's not a very good movie but it isn't absolutely terrible. I genuinely like ep II & III though

This.

i used to love them but then i found the plinkett reviews. they make my own opinions for me now.

Wouldn't it make more sense that I'm from the alt-right, since I made fun of you for hating Trump?

Learn your memes, shill. You're gonna need to if you want to survive on this board.

Influential films aren't always good.

Anti-cheese edit makes TPM really good desu

You completely missed the point. Why would I have these images in my folder if I supported HRC?

It's obvious you're a shill trying desperately to fit in.

>l-look, i can post memes too! i-i'm totally not a shill, guys!

That's exactly something that a paid shill would do.

>you're a shill for Hilary because I said so
Top kek. You're a disgrace. Learn how to admit you're wrong with dignity.

Why - and not
>this

>DUDE IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE COS PEOPLE WERE HYPED FOR IT AND IT HAD LOTS OF COMMERCIALS LMAO
pls kill yourself

I never said you were a shill for Hillary. But go ahead, keep trying to fit in. Just know that we aren't falling for it.

You're a fucking idiot.

what i appreciated most about the prequels was lucas's effort to make the story not conflict with any of the 'expanded universe'. by the time the prequels came out, there were over a hundred different books and comic series that truly expanded the franchise into a living, breathing, ever growing cultural phenomenon and lucas respected it enough to work within that framework.

jar jar binks was dumb, some of the writing was cringeworthy, but the world building in the prequel trilogy was top notch.

for me, as a life long star wars fan, the continuity of star wars was one of my favor aspects of it. Reading a book here, a comic there, playing a game, rewatching the films, all just gave me a deeper appreciation for this collaboratively created fictional world.

then disney bought the franchise, released that press statement where they threw all the existing story into the garbage, and released sub par work as its replacement? star wars has been dead to me since that press statement.

when i watched episode 7 it felt like a fan-fic by a noob who knew nothing about star wars.

faggot or not,
>Prequels did worldbuilding well
>I liked the worldbuilding
>Episode 7 felt like a fan-fic by know-nothing

This was basically my own opinion not even halfway through watching Episode 7.

I nearly walked out of the theatre not even halfway through episode 7, but only stayed because I knew I couldn't get a refund.

Keep throwing those insults around, shill. You're only revealing to us how desperate you really are.

Okay, fucking retard.

>Posting le chris evans meme

You just had to get that advertisement for Marvel out there somehow, didn't you?

You got it faggot.

Look how desperate you are to prove you're not a shill. Who else does that, but someone paid by Disney? You know your cover has been blown, and all you can do is continue to insist that you're one of us.

Ironically, you would have been better off not replying at all, but Disney is paying you by the post, aren't they? That's why you have to continue posting, because you can't risk your coworkers being found out as well.

Cry more faggot.

Go ahead and keep posting, shill. Just know that I've already won the argument.

I will.

>It's not shilling
>to shill a now Disney-owned property
>because it is the prequels.

Are you certifiably retarded? This is still shilling.

So you admit that you're a shill? Good to know.

I know your type. You talk and behave differently than people who grow up with natural charisma. I have friends who grew up with it and I still love being around them. I had a couple of friends just like you, they all end up back in the same place and they're always less fun to be around once they go that path. They're disingenuous. Trying to be people they're not. I cut them out of my life. You go off acting high and mighty as though you weren't in the same lowly position because, hey at least you're trying to better yourself. But its a fruitless effort. The smarter ones among us at least have the ability to recognize that. You're a dog chasing cars, telling everyone to come along and chase with him.

Satan is right, guys.

>REEEE EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS A DIDNEYYY SHILLLLL!!!!!!!
God, what a fucking baby you are. Kill yourself.

Keep those insults coming, shill. You're only digging yourself deeper into the hole you're in.

>shill, shill, shill, shill
Do you get paid by the word, faggot?

I have this one Pepe... I mean... I don't think you can fully comprehend what I've got in my folder.. Saved from a Chinese imageboard, by a poster who had made his life's work to make the perfect meme. Posted and saved by me literally seconds before he was arrested for illegally browsing the internet, and the imageboard domain seized and wiped. I'm even scared to open the image in case it gets degraded and loses some bytes from it's deadstock, never-before-reposted, 3000x3000 .png casing.
The cultural relevance, the hilarious reference, and the subtle philosophical message that oozes from every pixel of this Pepe is simply breathtaking.
Maybe some day Sup Forums... maybe in some thread I will reveal it..
But not today.

It made schlocky romcoms look good by comparison.

Looks like I've finally broken the shill.

Stare in pity, gentlemen. This is what happens to your brain on Disney.

Please stop posting.

No, having sex with an unconscious woman is not "rape". That's the most retarded shit I've ever heard. You think just because I fucked some drugged up lady in a Buffalo Wild Wings I'm some kind of criminal? She was the degenerate who shot up Heroine and passed out, not me. She didn't even say "no", you actually niggers. I can't believe this SJW bullshit.

t. shill

Why? Are you that desperate to hide the fact that you're being paid to shill?

I almost fell sorry for you. Imagine being so conditioned that your brain melts down whenever someone finds out who you really are.

More insults? Haven't you learned your lesson by now, shill?

>shill
There's that word again.

Tell me, is this what you do outside? When someone disagrees with you do you just plug your ears and accuse them of being a shill? Pretty sad.

I'm taking a shot everytime you say """shill"""

he's not a shill he's serious and he does it for free.

trolls trolling trolls

I'm pretty bored desu. But the frog poster isn't trolling, he legitimately believes I'm a paid shill because I don't like the prequels.

Why are people shilling the prequels when TCW already redeemed the entire saga? You don't HAVE to defend shit movies.

Jesus fuck you are paranoid

You won. He's genuinely a retarded babby

dumb frogposters