Fuck you guys this movie is honestly pretty good. the only bad prequel is episode I...

fuck you guys this movie is honestly pretty good. the only bad prequel is episode I. if you say all 3 are bad you are a memer case closed

I WILL BE THE M-MOST POWERFUL JEDI EVER PAADDDMEEEEEE

3 > 1 > 2.

More thoroughly,

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > R1 > 1 > 7 > 2

>ending with 2

never ever in your dreams bucko, go watch 6 again

EP2 would be the shittiest SW movie if RO wouldnt be a snoozefest for the first 80 minutes.

3 > 4 > 5 > 1 > 7 > 6 >>> 2 > RO

respectable bru

>Return of the Jedi is worse than Attack of the Clones
I don't even remember the last time I saw an opinion that misguided.

The prequels are better than the OG in every way. Anyone who disagrees is reddit.

checked

also nah, AOTC has some great scenes, while only the throne rooms stands out in ROTJ

> if you say all 3 are bad you are a memer case closed

You've never seen the recut of all 3 prequels into a competent movie.
Case closed.

4 = 5 > 6 >>> RO > 7 >>>>>>>> 3 >> 2 = 1

>prequel niggers defend this

Man, these pleb tastes are tangible.

5 > 4 > RO > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

Christ... you are a stupid faggot, aren't you?

And what the hell is wrong with that scene you autistic mouth breather!?!

You're pretty much spot on sempai.

Holy shit, nigger. Switch 1 and 3 and this is perfect. 1 is unironically my favorite prequel.

>pleb taste
>RO that high

topkek

>frequenting an image board when you're clinically blind

>he hasn't seen Rogue One

TFA isn't even good, don't talk about this shit.;

fuck off to tibet
5=3>RO>2>1>4>6>7

I bet you think this looks okay too.

My eyesight is fine. I think it's your peanut-sized brain that's the problem here.
A scene with two characters talking is problematic now? OG niggers ALWAYS resort to nitpicking in order to attack the prequels!

Nigger does that stop you from watching the Last Star Fighter, like what the are you trying to prove, literally explain your mental illness.

>literally autistic nitpicking

yeah i can see why you fucks love RLM so much

5 > RO > 4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 7 > 1

Come at me bros

It's a realistic portrayal of futuristic warfare. Something that was completely absent in OG trilogy.

This is fucking random. You can't tell me that there is any rhyme or reason to this. You just typed numbers.

>My eyesight is fine
You really need to get this checked. You're not driving, are you?

I accept.

This is a rebellion, isn't it?

ep 3 was the best one from the prequels but that's like saying its the best shit

this tbqh

i did

80 mins is boredom with some 40 action at the end

worst Star Wars move so far

only reason i didnt walk out half-way because it was Star Wars

>Come at me bros
You listed Episode I twice. Fuck your shit.

5 and 3 are strong, pivotal movies with a lot going on. I like em. RO is good, i might move it down, but really nice and inspired. 2 and 1 are great films with good use of imagery and color, and underrated storylines and themes.
4, 6, 7 are pretty meh movies all in all, with four getting honorable mention for being done with a budget.

>that door and couches at the end
Every fucking time.

Still better than episode 7,which was trash.

>It's a realistic portrayal of futuristic warfare
10/10

I like you.

He's just baiting the OT fags you newbie

>people liking RO this much

Thats because you got a nice sleep in the first half of the movie and you dont remember how boring piece of shit it was.

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars

Shit, last one was meant to be ep 2.

I guess I'll just fuck off

I need to see it again. I wasn't bored at all, but there's too many people, even ones I know personally, citing this as a complaint to not consider its validity.

>defending the worst Star Wars movie
You're the meme. There's nothing good about Attack of the Clones. Anakin acts like a whiny autist throughout most of the movie, a very large portion of the movie centers around Anakin and Padme's painfully cliche romance, the final act of the movie is a CGI orgy that has aged like milk, the list of glaring flaws goes on and on.
The throne room scenes > the Jabba scenes > the space battle scenes > the Ewok scenes >>> everything that's in ATOC

> the Ewok scenes
eehhh...
>better than everything that's in ATOC
oh, without a doubt.

Fucking meme master here

There's action scenes in all three acts, good ones too. Jheda, Eadu and Scariff

If anything there was TOO much action

The prequels are way more sexual than the original trilogy. Like, the most sexual the OT gets is PDA, and it's either explicitly in a sarcastic context (Leia kissing Luke), or it's a rather conventional consenting relationship between two freedom fighters/terrorists/heroes.

It isn't until Anakin in the prequels that we get a character where a central component of their struggle is their traumatic sexual development. Like, Attack of the Clones is all about reproduction. You know. This movie about cloning.

>2 minutes of action for every 30 minutes

YEAH FUCKING ACTION PACKED MOVIE

First half is fucking Judge Erso! WHAT A BADASS WOMAN

its a boring piece of shit.

Episode II is the worst Star Wars movie by a huge margin, and one of the worst movies of the last 20 years.

>2 minutes

I just got confirmation that you didn't even watch the film, suck a cock

>Don't get excited, your worship
>Being held by you isn't enough to get me excited
>I'm sorry... I haven't got time for anything else...

It was ore action than the prequels, Lucas cuck.

It is a love story, after all. Furthermore, it's actually a rather nuanced reversal of conventions. Typically, it's the princess who assumes the place of the phallus - a figure who is groomed and objectified from a young age by patriarchal forces to be its ultimate legitimization, an invocation of the beauty and truth that the figurehead (who possesses the phallus) protects.

What we have in Attack of the Clones is precisely the opposite case. It is Padme who is the figurehead, the Anakin is a pure, burgeoning, repressed phallus. Furthermore, Padme's conflict does not come from merely the "I'm a senator, you're a Jedi" rigamarole. It comes from her inability to disassociate the ostensibly adult Anakin - who is a "free" and "informed" adult - from the child who she knows was traumatized and groomed at a crucial stage in his development.

It has even more action than A New Hope, for fucks sake

It has it's moments, anyone who says otherwise needs to pull Mike Stoklasa's dick out of their mouth, but it's still a deeply flawed movie. It could have benefited from a good script doctor. Lucas gets the basics right for the most part, but a lot of things needed some ironing out. Seeing Yoda fight, for instance... In theory it's awesome. Who didn't want to know what it was like to see the world's foremost expert in the Force school a Sith apprentice, but by NO MEANS should we have ever had to see an 80+ year old Christopher Lee have a sword fight with a CGI puppet. Yoda shouldn't need a light saber. Think of how fucking awesome that moment in ROTS was where those two imperial guards tried blocking his path and he obliterated them without barely lifting a hand. That's what Yoda's fighting style should look like. Not ridiculous cartwheels with a baby light saber.

It's little things like that that Lucas tends to get wrong. He seems to be at his best when there is someone to reign in his wackier ideas.

Welp, now I'm hard.

Is this pasta?

Sorry, user.

>2 mins action at jedha
>1 minute shitty explosions with daddy at Eadu

Thats all the "action" in the first 80 minutes. The last mediocre 40 minutes isnt going make this good.

Its a fucking snoozefest you shitty disney marketer.

>didnt even see the prequels

I will never get the people that bitch about Yoda's fight scenes.

Sure, they look silly, but fucking hype as well. Star Wars was never meant to be super serious anyway

>didnt even see the prequels
Yeah, you got me.

>fucking hype
Are you 15?

>1 better then anything
Phantom Menace was one of the most garbage movies ever made and didn't even contribute to the lore unlike the other two prequels, why in the fuck did we need to see little kid anakin? So many elements were introduced just for this movie and basically never followed up on again, it was basically filler.

And then you have the next two movies (particularly the 3rd one) having to cram in story like crazy and move through events at a break neck speed when they were really significant because they wasted a whole movie largely on irrelevant crap like the goongas.

>MUH EWOKS!
Go fuck yourself.

>thinks "I don't like sand" is good
>thinks hamfisted Romeo and Juliet with robots is an interesting story

Invalid opinion.

de wanna wanga

>the jedi say "we're not here to fix slavery"
>not crucial information for us to understand wtf happens with ani
>qui gon is a jerk
>obi wan is a jerk
blind deaf and willfully stupid, are these audience members

There's more than two minutes in just the death star sequence in Jheda, fuck off

>Something that was completely absent in OG trilogy.
>what is the battle of hoth
Say what you will about endor but the hoth battle was fucking sick.

Also two groups of people walking slowly towards each other while shooting is about the least accurate depiction of warfare possible, why are none of them attempting to protect themselves from the incoming fire whatsoever? Even if they are just droids/clones they still represent an expenditure of resources, why just throw them away by leaving them out in the open? For fucks sake they even have armoured vehicles shown in that scene, there's no reason for them to just walk around in the open like it's fucking WW1, although even in ww1 the other side wouldn't get out of their trenches and slowly walk towards the enemy in response to an assault, they'd just stay in the trench.

No, I'm 12

>1 shitty explosion is considered an action scene

wow

no wonder you are amazed by this great piece of art

This is a much superior action scene.

the concept of slave droids and clones are mixed in the enormous cloud of dust while two armies mow each other down for their masters.
This gift that Yoda so readily accepts is a false gift, but one that he and the other Jedi just roll with, the CIS apparently the new enemy to fight.

yes it is

>attack of the clones
>pretty good
>the worst of the prequels are "pretty good"

You need to be 18 and over to post here, kid. Strongly consider the rope

It's not about it being serious, it's about the moment having impact. It was the first time we saw Yoda in action. It should be unlike anything we've seen in Star Wars. Instead we see him lift a rock or some shit before realizing he was evenly matched by Palpatine's bullshit flavor of the week apprentice. He's supposed to be the fucking grandmaster of the entire Jedi order. The scene should start with Dooku trying to use some bullshit dark side trick, then Yoda being like, "nigger, I AM THE FORCE" and splitting the goddamn planet in half. It should be one of the most talked about movie moments of the last decade, not the eighth most memorable light saber fight in two movies.

Qui-Gon is an essential character to understand how idiotic the jedi order has become.

Also it sets the stage for the clone wars, what with Sheev becoming chancellor and the trade federation getting fucked.

All information that could've been dealt given in a few lines of dialogue, you didn't need a whole fucking movie. And what about the gungans, what relevance did they have to the rest of the series? So much time was given to them and yet only one of them ever appears again and it's a tiny role.

see
There were a few elements in it that were relevant to the wider series but most of it was filler. Look at the podrace, look at all the gungan shit, was that really needed? Why did we even need to see obi-wans master when the whole focus of the prequels was the relationship between obi-wan and anakin? There was so much fat that needed to be cut out of the prequels and episode 1 was the absolute worst case, it was basically all fat.

Okay maybe you can defend it on some symbolic level but it's not a "realistic portrayal of futuristic warfare" in anyway.

All 3 prequels have good aspects to them IMO. They suffer the most because of bad CG and bad dialogue, but most of the story, characters, design, are good imo. So they are acceptable.

Hating them as the worst thing ever is a meme. It's better the exist then don't.

You need to show how rotten the republic has become. It's a tragedy at the end of the day. Race relations like at naboo, slave woes, and jedi corruption is all nevessary build up. "Trimming" this loses the point

>better they exist than don't
But, that's wrong. They ruined a near perfect franchise. We didn't need to see a fucking backstory.

>but most of the story, characters, design, are good imo.
HAHAHA

Your fetishism is noted, and twisted. Alec Guiness had it right the first time.

Episode III is better.

>5 is first
This is the quintessential reddit meme

Direction is awful as well, compare Ewan McGregor in TPM and in Moulin Rouge, both released close to each other. It's like Lucas told him to act as lifeless as possible.

They could have done a backstory that wasn't so wretched. I would have drastically preferred material that was more derivative of the OT, but I could even imagine a wild departure from the original films which would be measurably better than what we got.

>5
>quint-essential

>the best movie being the best is reddit

They gave the saga some fucking depth.

>They gave the saga some fucking depth.
Agreed.

I think he just had to manage doing a really good Alec Guiness impression while trying to emote Lucas' shit dialog to invisible, animated co-stars, all while receiving zero direction from Lucas.

>3 over R1

Stop it with this meme

>RO not top 3
Best new meme

The CGI really isn't that bad for the time. The problem is that Lucas leaned to heavily on it, and it ended up hurting a lot of the acting. He had some of the best actors in the fucking game, and they turned out mediocre performances because it is really, really difficult to act realistically in a giant green box.

I'll give you an example, Daisy Ridley is fucking atrocious (for many reasons), but I still believed she was in different places scene to scene. Natalie Portman on the other hand, definitely overrated in general, but she's nothing if not competent. She was as flat as a fucking board in the prequels. She made some decent choices, but it felt like watching a good actor in the early stages of rehearsal. She wasn't connecting with her environment, largely ecause there was no environment to speak of.