Well, Dawkins defends Christianity now

Well, Dawkins defends Christianity now

breitbart.com/national-security/2016/01/12/professional-atheist-dawkins-says-christianity-bulwark-against-something-worse/

Chris Hitchens said the exact same thing. You know shit is fucked when even atheists are admitting that Islam is worse than Christianity, the latter being Atheisms punchbag for 60 years

He's been saying that for probably more then a decade, its nothing new.

Atheists are the punk kid and Christianity is the dad. They hate them because they can and they'll ramble on about secular morals, until they actually have to prove that it's anything more than intellectual dick sucking

He's not wrong.

Dawkins gets it. There is a reason why the rest of the world's religions HATE muslims. People like Dawkins never gave Christianity the credit it deserved for being dogmatic and relatively peaceful

Problem is Christianity, while not violent, is pretty fucking nutters.

Dawkins is more of a scientist and Christianity was a big enemy of that, probably a lot more so during his growing up.

He was only really exposed to that.

Also lots of brainwashing in it.

But it isnt a violent religion, at least now, Old Testament is fucked.

THIS. HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS.

This whole "Christianity is a historical enemy of science" meme is a modern concoction, and completely stupid.

>the church preserved the knowledge of the ancient/classical world through the Dark Ages
>many of the greatest scientists of the middle ages and renaissance were clergymen
>Christian ("anti-science" as you'd say) civilization has produced more scientific research and achievement than the rest of the world put together, and was the first civilization to industrialize

> more of a scientist
What the fuck does that even mean? Are you retarded or do you always speak using weasel words?

Oh, and I should add: the overwhelming majority of all western intellectuals, scientists, and engineers were practicing Christians up until recent decades. Didn't stop us from achieving the modern world, a feat unique to Christian civilization.

Since the 1960s our elite classes have absorbed a Jewish, fundamentally anti-western mindset, and part of that is making it trendy to reject Christianity - the bedrock of your ancestors' society.

made me smile

One of my favorite intellectuals

>For a generation of young atheists, Dawkins gave disbelief a thin veneer of intellectual cachet and offered a justification for the belief that atheism was somehow grounded in science.

Is this really how Christians think?

That atheism is just another religion?

>atheists are admitting that Islam is worse than Christianity

It's 2016. Why are we still letting the squabbles of ancient Middle East goat-fuckers cause our wars and manipulate the entire globe?

It's time to reject ALL Middle East religions.

they are slowly waking up to the importance of Christianity (not so much as a religion but as a means of protecting and maintaining society), as hitchins says: islam will rule Britain because we have destroyed the only counter-argument to it.
Christianity may be the only decent Judaic faith out there, and now the fedoras see the primitive inbred horde of koranderthols pounding on the gates and worry

This. But it was mainly the Catholic Church that built western civilization

I'm on phone so I can't link but look up on YouTube - "Tom Woods how the Catholic Church built western civilization " to literally btfo anyone bashing Christianity and mainly the Catholic Church

I'll make a thread later but Woods is a Harvard graduate, very good speaker and just an awesome guy . Keeps his vids short , entertaining and provides grade A arguments

>many of the greatest scientists of the middle ages and renaissance were clergymen

That might have had something to do with reading being outlawed unless you were a clergyman.

Sam Harris converted them. They used to argue with him with the "all equally bad" bullshit. Yeah dude, Taoism is as bad as fucking Islam. I don't think so.

>Only clergymen were allowed to read by law

When did Christopher hitchens say that? He's been dead since 2011?

I saw him at Mass this morning. He looked... peaceful and reverent.

Thanks looking for this nao

>le based fedora man

I don't thinks so faam

Nope. Secularism is flabby and weak. It's the only reason you have this problem in the first place.

>not so much as a religion but as a means of protecting and maintaining society

That's what all religion is meant to be. It's a system of rules and social behaviors meant to guide a populace. Unfortunately Islam is founded on the idea that the best way to protect a society is to destroy everyone outside of it.

Glad I could help you'll be happy with the content

>the bedrock of your ancestors society

fucking nope and people not to stop implying this because its insulting. implying that Jewish mythology is responsible for European society and accomplishment is INSULTING.

fucking Aristotle was doing and writing things because Jesus was even fucking born that shit on anything you find in the Bible.

*before jesus was born

You are so ignorant it's embarrassing please keep your mouth shut or open a damn history book

>Atheists are the punk kid and Christianity is the dad.

yeah, if you accept the Christian worldview of the Law (Lord Father) and the Law Breaker (Satan)

Dawkins has always said he's culturally Christian.

too late. it's already dead.

>a Harvard graduate
These days, that's a demerit in my opinion. Harvard seems to spit out nothing but globalist asshats that want to break down western culture. Also lots of slimy lawyers and politicians are Harvard alumni. See Obama, O'Reilly, and Ben Shapiro.

Implying your opinion matters

Look up on YouTube "how the Catholic Church built western civilization" and watch the first 5 minutes I would bet money you won't stop watching.

P.s. you don't have to admit it if it makes you feel better

As opposed to the other prominent atheist authors/philosophers who have no scientific achievements.

When Buddhists hate you enough to fight against you then you know you're a problem.

He's right though, Jesus was a peaceful hippy who preached love and forgiveness, even sticking to this mantra as he was being tortured and executed. Muhammed was a violent warlord who chopped people's heads off, took slaves and fucked children. Now look at the followers of these religions and you can see the same difference.

He literally stated that people were laying the ground work for the west centuries before Jesus came along, this is indeed a fact.

He said that before he died, user. He also said some things that angered feminists

he was born in kenya. he's written many things about africa and human origins etc. there is a section in The Devil's Chaplain called "there is africa and all her prodigies in us"
he's more african than most "african americans" who have never been outside their home town

Dawkins finally realized that Islam is far, far worse than Christianity is at this point

He's been saying it for years actually I saw a televised discussion between him, some priest and the audience which had a lot of fucking muslims and they just kept saying he was an islamophobe

This was never true.

Google "resist it while you can"

He's come to the conclusion that we may need Christianity to defeat the Semites among us, whether he believes it or believes believing it is good or not. Kevin MacDonald is the same thing.

didn't he have a stroke?

yes he did, a minor one. the article is from months ago.