ITT: Albums that made you cry on first listen

ITT: Albums that made you cry on first listen

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Laslo_Wakkmann
youtube.com/watch?v=051C0FiNX5U
youtube.com/watch?v=vjIIN9BW2iI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did it remind you of the Holocaust?

I cry too with the ending of click. Adam sandlers is just to awesome.

downward spiral, was today as well

the opening atmosphere is so heavy

technically a single but really got me

Went to a solo show of the guy from a band I like a little while back, he played a brand new song he had only written the previous day and it made me cry. I can't even listen to the fuckin' thing again cause it hasn't been recorded yet.

only album I've cried to tbqh

took like 5 listens before I could make it through Seaweed without tearing up tbqhfam

If you're so emotionally unstable an album can make you cry, kill yourself.

I'm ashamed to admit it.

durrr

>And I just can't get you
>Since the day I left you

I'll remember just where I was when I first heard "I'll remember just where I was when Rich Ramirez died today of natural causes".

Unironically

Looks more like Pacino in Godfather

Pink Moon

God, the end of One of us Cannot be Wrong. Wasn't the first listen, I had completely devoured this album by this time. But there was one occasion where that song just made me lose it.

God's Animal, in light of the context.

The last track "They Shall Not Be Lit Again" is basically his real suicide note, a farewell to the world.

i cried at the end of the godfather

Link to the wiki?

google, motherfucker

I've been fucking googling bitch and can't find shit, you think I ask for goddamn wiki links on the daily? Literally nothing but his discogs page and wristwatches.

Sorry, looks like you can't view the page without a wiki account because it is classed as a "draft" - generally a result of too few references. Here is a direct link to the draft page that might work en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Laslo_Wakkmann

This can't be a real album.

why not. It's just obscure. Less than 20,000 pressings and a lot were destroyed Atari ET style

And you found a copy on eBay?

youtube.com/watch?v=051C0FiNX5U

Yes I did. I'm honestly considering selling it now since it appears to be worth money. And no I DID NOT write that wiki article. I suspect somebody trolls DISCOGs for new artists and then researches them and discovered LW was virtually undocumented.

How much did you pay for it and how is the condition? At least upload it somewhere before you part ways with it.

I call bullshit. Upload a sample to youtube or something.

ruins and dragging a dead deer had that effect on me. i still have a deep love for grouper, even though musically it's not really what i'm into at the moment.
and yeah headache is some sad stuff.

Or timestamp.

Several times on the first listen, and I don't cry to music that often

Daniel Johnston's 1990 lol spirit world rising and held the hand can still get me now and then

>its another God's Animal thread

Can't find anything under sold listings.

It was part of a job lot of jazz and avant garde albums being sold in britain and I paid like 90 brit-bux (cant find the pound symbol) for the lot. As of now it looks like only God's Anim is worth the big $$$. Might record it but I don't have a turntable that can record and I think just holding my phone next to the speakers would be pretty plebian

Cool, I fell for some new meme. Oh well.

no you didn't the assholes on here just think because it wasn't documented perfectly by the internet it doesn't exist

This dudes tried shilling this on three threads already.

I ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
WHERE YOU
ARE WAAAAAAAAAAAARM

He did have me going there!

Even if you think it is fictional, it's almost an alternate reality game at this point (I'll be it a shitty one) - the writing is bretty gud, like it would work as a novel DESU.

Me too haha. It sounded fucking rad I'm not ginna lie

They didn't even write that though

That album is so depressing I'm surprised Molina was able to put out several more before drinking himself to death.

>"thank you"

kills me every time

>Sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It's all part of taking a chance and expanding man's horizons. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. Nothing ends here

I've listened to this fucking album at least a dozen times and it never fails to make my eyes well up. Can't really say it's a depressing album, because it's weirdly optimistic; a celebration of life lived. It follows the same crescendo-building formula countless other post-rock bands follow, but it's done in such a nuanced way. It fits the concept of the whole thing.

Is that rick owens

For me it's The ghost and Autumn bird songs

This except unironically.

i know right. i've not listened to all of his work but the lioness has to be the most miserable of it.
didn't it rain is my favorite when i'm feeling okay. it's still sad as hell but it has a fuller range of emotions and musically it's more my cup of tea.

Honestly I can't listen to Lioness. I went through it once so I could get an understanding of it and say that I'd heard his whole discography, but it is too dark and too roughly produced for me to enjoy.

The Magnolia Electric Co. by Songs: Ohia, is, on the other hand, one of my favorite albums.

this, honestly
heard carissa, instant waterworks

Have you heard Protection spells,The ghost and Dind't it rain?

Kind of a weird one but
>Stepfather Factory

Ghost Tropic tho

I like that album but i don't find it really replayable like Autumn bird songs and The ghost

say it aint so

Every time that I tried to tell that we'd lost the magic we had at the start,
I would weep my heart when I looked in your eyes
And I searched once again for the spark.
So goodbye, so long, the road calls me dear
And your tears cannot bind me anymore,
And farewell to the girl with the sun in her eyes
Can I kiss you, and then I'll be gone.

Wasn't the first listen. It was the third listen. Something clicked super hard for me. Title track did me in, and I don't think I'll cry harder listening to anything ever again

>Old friends
>Memory brushes the same years
>Silently sharing the same fear
;_;

Birdland is one of the few times I've cried without a discernible emotion behind it

spotted the new guy

>death is real
album had me choking up after 1 minute to be honest

Night Of The Long Knives

>I remember quiet evenings
>trembling close to you

Jesus. Also "Lonely" can get me when I'm on painkillers. Makes me feel like sad child again lol

Except for the fact:
>Wrocław in 1934 was Breslau and like three Poles lived there
>Laszlo is hungarian and not polish name

then use your fucking phone retard

Yeah I love the godfather soundtrack

not earthmover or anything, but the first time i listened to a quick one i started sobbing quietly

>heavy
U wot m8?

damn, yeah this album has some feels
youtube.com/watch?v=vjIIN9BW2iI

Overrated garbage

Hurt wasn't the one that got me, but it was the one that weakened me to the rest.

I mean the lyrics are powerful but everything is so lacking and forgettable that the opportunity is wasted
do it much better

do what much better? all those albums are completely different, mood-wise and thematically

It's aaaall about the vocals man, when it came to the 'American Recordings' Johnny wanted it to be stripped down like the songs of his youth. It feels as if all the stories are real and that they all happened to him. I feel adding anything else to it would ruin that feel of intimacy and genuineness. But it aint everyone's cup'o'tea for sure.

also these

DON'T EVER

You sound like someone with serious mental problems

I'm Clean Now had that affect on me as well. I don't even understand the words, it's just a feeling of catharsis that I feel deeply.

But only because I fell for the meme and wasted my time listening to it.

fuck adam sandler

Didn't cry, but "Harmony in Blue III" & "Whitecaps of White Noise I" & "Dungeoneering" fucked me up big time.

specifically the gunner's dream

I AM MY FATHER'S SON
I AM NO ONE
I CANNOT LOVE
IT'S IN MY BLOOD

and of course

I WANT TO DREAM and the amazing, emotional wall of sound at the end of that song

That's just weird

These and also this. Read about the context of it before I listened to it and was floored by it.