Are Americans and Canadians essentially same people?

Are Americans and Canadians essentially same people?

Can you guys tell me why did the northern states separate from USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l-9IBu3nLBc
youtube.com/watch?v=qjLBXb1kgMo
youtube.com/watch?v=OxOhk4Lk9aE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, only people from snownigger states think that

Americans and Canadians ARE the same people culturally, but not necessarily by heritage. While Americans are trailblazing cowboys hell bent on getting to DunkinDonuts, Canadians are slippery posh liberals hell bent on getting to Tim Hortons. Both of these fine gentlemen will experience suburbia, consumerism to an unholy extent, and a sheer lack of modern culture. Both the Canadian and the American share identical town, city, and demographic layouts. Granted you replace Americas violent blacks with Canadas shameless Asians. It is important to understand on a side note that the SOUTHERN States seperated from the USA, because they needed to "protect their peculiar institution of slavery"

t. South Carolina Articles of Secession

>one part of a larger document that was one of a number of other documents
>this is the reason for the war
You're unironically retarded

Americans are definitely less happy than Canadians, but our ways of life are generally the same,if you compressed the Northeast into one country.
Why does the idea of protecting slavery abhor you? Why would you not accept that as a reason? Does the idea of protecting the Souths only worthwhile prospect somehow not register as legitimate to you? Or do you refuse to think "muh noble South" thought of it SECONDARY? Bullshit, Cletus

>Why would you not accept that as a reason?
Because that's not the reason any of them left, the prevailing consensus is that the war was fought for exactly the same reasons that South Carolina tried to secede in the 1830s. Andrew Jackson wasn't exactly known for his abolitionist activism, and neither was Lincoln

>Bullshit
Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina only voted to secede because Lincoln mobilized troops to attack the secessionist states while Congress wasn't in session. Arkansas and Tennessee specifically voted to stay in the Union even if they tried to abolish the institution

The aspect of abolition came less from a desire to equalize the negro, but to cure the overwhelming industrial and economic gap between the two halves of the country. Without a single doubt, the underlying issue, SPOKEN as the reason or not, slavery is 100% the cause of the war. Absolutely inevitable.

Yes, The South would've eventually discarded them. Yes, the North refused to leave Fort Sumter provoking a greater conflict, and of course, yes not all Southerners were le racist teasippers. But the core aspect of all the nations issues was the right to force your labor onto the negro or not. You cannot refute that. No other issue was half as troublesome.

>let me try to resolve the country's most controversial historical debate
>I'll do it by making a few baseless generalizations
Glad to see that America's educational system is doing it's job at brainwashing impressionable youths with Marxist dogma

Sometimes desu a problem is better solved through an efficient generalization than a series of largely irrelevant quirks that are summed up by said generalization.

Either Pro or Anti Slavery really fucking easy bucko :DD

>Sometimes desu a problem is better solved through an efficient generalization than a series of largely irrelevant quirks that are summed up by said generalization.

>Sometimes desu a problem is better solved through an efficient generalization than a series of largely irrelevant quirks that are summed up by said generalization.

You have to be a real hardcore dixie-boo to over complicate the matter desu senpai. Not even the fucking Europeans wanted anything to do with your primitive ways.

>largely irrelevant quirks
>reasons for secession outlined in their ordinances
>the documents that you brought up

>you have to be a real hardcore dixie-boo to apply critical thinking to historiographical debates and acknowledge that black and white morality generally isn't the best way to approach historical conflicts
wtf I love dixie now

>ww2 was about the holocaust
>civil war was about slavery
>yugloslav wars were about liberating the noble serb

u gud @ histry m8

How many hairs do you have to split to deny the fact that the only reason there was North-South division, both domestic and private, that could not be directly traced to the views of chattel slavery?

>You have to be a real hardcore dixie-boo to over complicate the matter

90% of Southern males mobilizing to fight against what they saw as a foreign invasion seems a great deal simpler than 90% of Southern males mobilizing to fight for the interests of 2% of them

It's literally all about tariffs bud

that explains why once slavery was abolished there ceased to be any division between north and south whatsoever right m8

Shut UP

Unfortunately we are the same people. If someone tells you they're Canadian they are not considered foreign really at all unless they're Quebecois.

Slavery was ingrained in US culture from the start. The South did not industrialize because man labor was suitable for them. They dug their own trench bucko, maybe if they hadn't shot Lincoln reconstruction wouldn't have been fucked up by Johnson.
Yeah pal South Carolina and the other states who voted 91-100% in favor of secession really hesitated didn't they. Tariffs is a meme and you know it.

>South Carolina
>the state that tried to secede in the 1830's because of a disagreement over tariffs
Just stop m8

>1830 being relevent to the Articles of Secession and the Fort Sumter Crisis
piss off lad, why don't you trace the war back to the Haitian Revolution while your at it

We have different history, government at all levels, sometimes language, dialects, often climate, foods, demographics, architecture, views regarding our role in the world, human rights, etc.

We are definitely similiar on the surface, especially to an outsider looking in, but we are not exactly the same.

>no, the state that tried secession in 1830 didn't have any of the same motivations in 1860
imagine being this dumb

The absolute fucking state of (You) lad

>Language
awkwardly split down the middle ala English/Spanish? Nah mate.
>Foods
name five (5)
>architecture
nigger Canada is literally copy-pasted American suburbia unless your talking about a niche community in Quebec
>Tariffs being relevent in the midst of a President planning to ban your sole source of economy and culture
lmao'ing at your life

>English/Spanish?
Canada had a large population of Francophones
>Foods
Poutine-râpee
Fiddleheads
Donair
Flipper pie
Butter tarts
(These are just 5 popular things from my small region)
>architecture
It really isn't and if you actually look into the history you will learn a bit. Canada maintained Georgian, Victorian, and Edwardian architecture well into the 20th century, long after America, where it was never especially popular abandoned it. Canada has the unique Chateau style, and where you favoured classical and Georgian, we stuck with gothic. I also wouldn't call BC, NB, PE, NS, NF, and QC, little parts of Québec.

Seriously, just educate yourself

Education is for sad people

>dfw the old dilapidated crackhead parts of Hamilton unironically have better architecture than the newer post-modern buildings

America is demographically and culturally closer to Mexico then to Canada.

>Can you guys tell me why did the northern states separate from USA?

Look at who they elected to lead them.

>then

Wut.

Maybe in some of the Southwest. There's nothing Mexican here in Massachusetts.

>being this new that you can't recognize basic b8 posts like this

>Look at who they elected to lead them.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, just Puerto Rican

t. Used to live in Woburn

Trudeau gets higher quality pussy

>US demographics and history is bait

t. Zhang al-Rajeev

>why did the northern states separate from USA
You got it the other way around: it was the USA that separated from British America.

t. Dayreekus Hernandez

Canada was a nation made up of mutant Frenchmen and traitors who didn't want to fight for freedom during the Revolutionary War and instead ran north to suck the king's dick.

America was a nation made up of mutant Spainards and traitors who didn't want to fight for peace, order, and good governance during the Revolutionary War and instead stayed south to suck washington's dick.

>Spaniards
>US
>1776
What.

no, americans are cool

no, canadians are cool

America is an hollow shell of it former greatness overrun by niggers.

Canada is an hollow shell of it former greatness overrun by chinks.

Try and prove me wrong.

Canada is 4% chink found mostly in 2 cities

America is 12.6% black found in most states

Amerikkka had slaves we didn't

>Australian flag white knights for his overlord
Every time

Yes we did, it was just done differently. The voyageurs of the North West Company (a Scottish run Montreal based rival to the Hudson Bay Company) practised slavery, usually buying and selling Indian and Metis women.

Who has worse French: Quebeckers or American Creoles/Cajuns?

Better to compare Acadians to Cajuns since that's where they come from and they are about the same. Generally poor, rural, hardworking, folk who make good food, play good music, and throw great parties.

There's just something about mixing French and rural new world influences that produces good people.

canadians speak french(big part of them)

No
Fuck you. We're not the same, nor do we think so.
Faggot

>good music
Wrong.
Franco-American music is the worst. It makes me hate accordions, and I fucking love accordions.

It's the Castro genes

i'd say people in new england and minnesota are very much like canadians.

you're just as cringe as americans who claim we have a huge vibrant culture. not really. face it we're all the fucking same boring people.

I was born in Riverside, California, lived in Dolores/Cortez, Colorado, Ogden Utah, Knoxville, Tennessee, Tioga, North Dakota, Cape May, New Jersey, and Calais/Woodland/Eastport, Maine. I also spent significant time in Port Angeles, Washington, Brooklyn, New York, Grants Pass, Oregon, and Boston, Massachusetts. Plus I have traveled through all of the 48 contiguous states, most several times. So I speak from experience.

I eventually settled in Atlantic Canada specifically because it does have a unique and vibrant culture. And, over time, I have come to learn that Canadians are quite different from Americans, the longer I spend among them the more I realize that they just don't really think the same way we do and that comes from their history, governments, and culture. Whereas America is the preeminent individualistic society. Canadians (asian jokes aside) are, at their core, a deeply collectivist society.

The problem is that globalism hit our countries very hard. 1917? Alot was different. 2017? Not so much.

It's not as much as you think outside the cities. Other than Riverside and Knoxville I have lived mostly in rural areas. Globalism just hasn't hit hard here. Especially not in the Canadian Maritimes. Most people still work in the same industries as their ancestors going back 200-400 years (fishing and lumber). I can pick up a high school year book here and the vast majority of surnames are still the ones I will find on gravestones in the local loyalist cemetery. The houses, churches, and business buildings probably average 110 years old. Some people still fish in sailboats with no motor because they get an extended season for it. The accents and food are unique to the region or ancestry. Etc.
We still have Burger King and Subway, Tim Hortons and Canadian Tire, levis and fidget spinners, Fords, Dodges, and Chevys, watch GoTs and CBC news, listen to Taylor Swift and Beiber, but these little surface things don't detract much from the deeper culture that exists here.

>Are Americans and Canadians essentially same people?

I'LL KICK YOUR ASS

youtube.com/watch?v=l-9IBu3nLBc

Canadians are more English

I felt much more at home in Canada culturally than I did in America

kys

They always vote liberal for the gibs. Their future won't look so good if this keeps on going as is.

Kys americuck

northern ontario should be its own province
youtube.com/watch?v=qjLBXb1kgMo

Working outside in northern ontario in summer is the worst experience I've ever had. Fucking flys.

Hell yeah, or maybe part of manitoba?

sounds inspiring tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=OxOhk4Lk9aE
real canadian anthem btw

My ass leaks a yellow liquid. Mostly before bed when I'm tired.

Unless they've got a ridiculously stereotypical accent I can never tell Canadians and Americans from northern/midwest states apart.