Why do normies keep whining about 2016 and every celebrity that has died?

Why do normies keep whining about 2016 and every celebrity that has died?

Almost all of the talent that has died this year hasn't done anything worthwhile in decades and were all fairly old. It's a miracle most of them lived as long as they did considering how much drugs they've done throughout the years.

I get being upset, but people are acting like celebrities should live forever being decrepit, shadows of their former glory, just because they played some role in their childhood/teen years.

I swear, nostalgia is holding our culture hostage. I'm getting sick of the denial every time a celebrity dies, it's like no one wants to move on and build something new. Just look at Hollywood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0
youtu.be/WlO7nAQq3fY
youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE
youtube.com/watch?v=KJVZa9_Ha5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Almost all of the talent that has died this year hasn't done anything worthwhile in decades and were all fairly old. It's a miracle most of them lived as long as they did considering how much drugs they've done throughout the years.
This, a drug fiend literal whore that probably had AIDS living to 60 is fucking miraculous Tbh

Because reminders of mortality are unpleasant. Not difficult desu.

Is 2016 dare I say, /ouryear/?

Leonard Cohen was putting out some of the best stuff in his career, least.

Yes

Do you think the medical examiner at the morgue slipped a finger or two in?

Because celebrities are all great people and it's a tragedy that we lost so many talented men and women them instead of bigots like Drumph.

don't remind me ) :
He had just come out of living for 5 years as a Buddhist monk

>Why do normies keep whining about 2016 and every celebrity that has died?

They don't know who to blame so they just point at the current year.

It just seems like there were more beloved famous people who died this year than others. I think the whole thing was kicked off when Sup Forums killed Lemmy this time last year.

Sup Forums =/= Sup Forums
Bowie was hitting his second or third wind right when he died, Cohen and Phife Dawg had enough left in them to release one more album, Lemmy was literally touring like a month beforehand and Prince still has a shit-ton of unreleased material left I think
The celebrity worship especially around the musicians though is stupid, ofc everyone is going to gravitate to Bowie but imagine people talking about how much a George Michael or Eagles song meant to them and changed their life before those dudes kicked it

yes

Blackstar is one of my favorite Bowie albums.

Allen Rickman was a national treasure and if you think this Trump thing is going to have a good ending you're delusional.
On top of that this year has just been weird. The Cubs won the world series, DiCaprio won an Oscar and somehow DC managed to fuck up TWO movies that should have been slam dunks.

Did someone say current year?

>The Cubs won the world series, DiCaprio won an Oscar

The Last Guardian came out.

Man I'm baffled at this whole meme
>2016 SUCCD MAAAN
>Why?
>So MANY FAMOUS PEOPLE DIED U KNOW AND THENS DRUMPF AND BREXXIT
Yes it's a shame they died but it's not like this year is to blame. And let's be honest here nobody was talking about Prince or Cohen or Rickman or Carrie before they died this year. The Bowie outrage was completely justified though.

And the whole Trump thing? I don't know man. Maybe if the democrats didn't meme and circlejerk all the way to the elections and made the debates such a pathetic shitshow this wouldn't have happened. They're all to blame, not this year. The Aleppo thing? Been here since 2013. Go ahead and blame everything on the fucking year.

As for me this year was bretty gud

Cohen released a new album this year too. It wasn't as acclaimed as Blackstar, but it still got great reviews.

This year was just a slog. We lost two immortals in Bowie and Prince almost back to back. Then the seemingly neverending parade (I read somewhere that there were 5x as many "notable" deaths this year as there were in recent years - not sure how they calculated that) on top of the awful election cycle.

And then Trump gets elected and now every reasonable person is depressed and worried.

This year sucked ass. I hated the "2016" meme too, but by the time Leonard Cohen rolled around, I was on board.

Also my cat died this year.

In Fishers case, I think things would be different if she wasn't in the middle of filming a new trilogy of Star Wars movies. Like if Disney had never bought it, and she just randomly died today, there would be a big fuss and people would be upset, but would move on. But this leaves the future of the next couple movies unclear, and its hard for people to grasp that

>Also my cat died this year.
F

Two deaths this year made me sad - my grandmother and Antonin Scalia. The rest, meh.

>>>/tumblr/

>Muh normies meme!

The new Cohen album was pretty hyped up and Prince had some series of albums going I think
Bowie was definitely the biggest loss though since after The Next Day I think he was really hitting his stride again

>They're all to blame, not this year
End this meme
Hillary/the DNC sucked cocks but that's not an excuse to vote for a reality TV star and fuck over the entire country by putting Bible belt/lobbyist whipping bitch repubs in control of the entire government

yes

Because I like cats but not Trump?

Well, fair enough.

i think most people are genuinely heartbroken that trump won the election, and these celebrity deaths are like cherries on the shit cake

>Hillary/the DNC sucked cocks but that's not an excuse to vote for a reality TV star and fuck over the entire country by putting Bible belt/lobbyist whipping bitch repubs in control of the entire government

I don't need an excuse.

is 'reasonable' the most disgusting word in the english language when applied to oneself and/or their political ingroup?

yes it is. if the democrats want pull the wool over our eyes the rebublicans can shove their crucifix up their 56 gendered islam apologist asses. fuck the system. fuck you.

I feel for your cat, but Trump isnt a big deal m8

Actually, things have been really shit since about 2013. That seemed to be the year that social justice nonsense really started blowing up with the founding of Black Lives Matter and other events and 2014 really kicked things into gear. Be honest, the last good (or maybe just 'okay') year you can long back on was 2012.

2013: the year that lasted four years. SOMEONE PLEASE STOP IT'S PATH OF DESTRUCTION BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

It's not all sad. This idiot killed himself with his own parked car and if you can't laugh at that then there's something very wrong with you.

>i think most people are genuinely heartbroken that trump won the election

Yeah we missed out on 8 long years of Clinton, what a tragedy. Nobody actually believes this except for fanatics and paid celebrities.

>the unjust slaying of a beautiful, rare and powerful silverback gorilla is a good thing
I would sacrifice 10000 Americans for the life of one Harambe.

is this the most updated version?

>"but imagine people talking about how much a George Michael or Eagles song meant to them and changed their life before those dudes kicked it"

Oh my god THIS

I don't know about the eagles, but I think George Michael meant a lot to gay men of a certain age.

George Michael dying on Christmas of heart failure will never not be funny. I wish I could get a death that ironic.

At least you're honest

Suck the farts out of my ass
Upper-class elite Republicans have free rein to do whatever they want with the country and with our civil liberties because you voted based on the issue of how many genders there are

>blame the year

Be serious, are you retarded? People are just saying 2016 had a lot of bad shit happen that they didn't like, like seeing multiple idols die.

>In Fishers case, I think things would be different if she wasn't in the middle of filming a new trilogy of Star Wars movies

She's iconic enough as Leia that it would have had people all over the world talk about it even if a new trilogy wasn't being filmed. The trilogy certainly helped to remind people who aren't Star Wars fanatics who she was but when the headlines about Princess Leia being dead hit online, people would have mourned regardless.

This is not a republican vs democrat thing, nor a liberal vs conservative thing. This is a Trump vs a non Trump thing. If you voted for Trump or support him in anyway, aside from "well let's make the best of this disaster" way, then you are a ridiculous and unreasonable person.

Yeah gays I understand but on the radio yesterday every 3 minutes there's was some caller talking about him like he wasn't a buffoon the last 15 years

>the last good (or maybe just 'okay') year you can long back on was 2012.
So everything has gone to hell since December 21, 2012

I think you're just sick of social media.

>Hey I'M pretty special so I'll take your heart for you, George
t. God

>it's like no one wants to move on and build something new. Just look at Hollywood.
yep, but there's nothing we can do. the world is falling apart and society will collapse as it has always happened when we reach this level of cultural degeneration

Because he's literally hitler and calls all women pigs right?

Anyone who loves Last Christmas or Wake me up before you Go-Go felt sad that George Michael passed when they saw the news. Not to the extent that Cohen or Bowie's death maybe, but still kinda sad. Speak nothing of the gay circles who most definitely appreciated him.

Prediction: 2017 will be 'worse', and there will be constant memes about how "oh god we were wrong about 2016 it was so much better let us go back"

kek is just getting started.

You talking shit about the Eagles, boy?

He's not Hitler, but he is an authoritarian and possibly a fascist, or at least a sign that we are headed in a fascist direction.

And his election is a bad sign for women, yes. I'm a woman. I'm not going to apologize for feeling that way.

He is a necessary element in reorienting the political zeitgeist. Tangible change doesn't come without growing pains.

Faith was his most patrician song.

youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0

That's still understandable, they were probably older people. Wham was huge as fuck back in the day, dude. And there's a reason Last Christmas is an evergreen Christmas holiday song.

>possibly a fascist
I won't even argue too strongly, but for the most part, it's not conservatives who are trying to police language these days.

I think the best we can hope for is that country becomes more liberal and progressive (I mean progressive in a traditional way - not in a safe spaces and trigger warnings way) in response to his nonsense.

Nuclear codes.. don't forget that. He's gonna nuke the world for sure. Hopefully on a Monday.

>2018 will be worse
>People will have to accept the world as a whole sucks now

nobody i actually gave a shit about has died this year. im pretty much done with star wars after tfa anyway and forgot she even existed. i'll be sad when hamill goes though

It's all a conspiracy to try and discredit the political revolutions of 2016. The (((elites))) want people to remember 2016 as one of the worst years ever so Trump's win and Brexit winning is tarnished as being bad.

Maybe this will lead to a higher world suicide rate and then the population can go down again?

maybe this is just natural population control....

Baby progressives are annoying. You won't get any argument from me on that.

>Last Christmas or Wake me up before you Go-Go
Don't forget Careless Whisper.
And Yeah they're fine I guess, but Kissing a Fool and One More Try were the ones I thought about the most when I heard the news

Oh gosh, I forgot that Glen Frey died too. That was sad.

youtu.be/WlO7nAQq3fY

Oh look the woman is pretending she knows what reason is.

heath ledger, george carlin and paul newman died in 2008 and nobody goes "oh man 2008 was such a piece of shit year"

I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man

Symbolically speaking, the Mayans were right

>it's not conservatives who are trying to police language these days
I have never understood this
I live on a pretty liberal college campus and the only "language policing" I've ever heard is "calling people faggots or joking about rape makes you a jerk"

>The (((elites)))
Trump literally picked the CEO of Exxon-Mobil as his SOS
How is he not part of the elites?

>I feel it's true, thus it is so
Typical woman
tits or gtfo

yes because that's 3 people. Like 30 people have died this year and all media and social media is making it cool to say "fuck 2016". It's becoming like a trademark

>I live on a pretty liberal college campus and the only "language policing" I've ever heard is "calling people faggots or joking about rape makes you a jerk"

They literally want to make it a law that a professor MUST refer to his students by whatever pronoun they want. They want it to be ILLEGAL to call them anything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE

>Almost all of the talent that has died this year hasn't done anything worthwhile in decades and were all fairly old.
That may be true, but the point is that a whole generation of artists that people grew up with have become old enough to start dropping like flies.
Fortunately we have a whole new generation of talent to replace them.
Oh, wait.

>Almost all of the talent that has died this year hasn't done anything worthwhile in decades
Why would this even matter? They left their mark and will be remembered, people don't need to stay relevant all their life to be remembered. Carrie Fisher's performance as Leia was more memorable than 90% of the tartlets working today.

>trump elected
>feminist reboot flopped hard
>diversity star wars toys filling up clearance shelves
>bunch of overrated drug addicts died

Based year desu

>They
But who is "they"?
I know/am friends with a lot of people who would be considered pretty hardcore SJWs and this is the first I've heard of that

>I live on a pretty liberal college campus and the only "language policing" I've ever heard is "calling people faggots or joking about rape makes you a jerk"

So they are ok with nigger jokes? Cos I've got loads...

you voted for the pussy grabber?

"They" are extremist progressives.
Personal anecdotes aside, they do exist.

This was a law that was being proposed in California. I don't know what came of it since then.

You know, it's kind of disheartening to see so many retards so obsessed with an election that they focus their entire lives around it, even after it already happened. Can't talk about anything else, can't spend 5 minutes without mentioning Trump. A nerd-favorite actress dies and all you can muster is how it relates to that bullshit the television has been force-feeding you for months. What a bunch of vapid twats, you disgust me.

Yeah.

>Old woman who did mountains of coke for 30 years dies because of a weakened heart
>Fuck you, Year!

youtube.com/watch?v=KJVZa9_Ha5c

lmao

>2026
>Be a teacher
>Get fired because you told Sally to give Huearion-Jee 'vir' notebook back when 'vir' was actually the pronoun to call Sally and Huearion-Jee's pronoun is 'xaer'
>It's the second time in 3 months it's happened and you haven't even got to pay the 40.000 fee for the first time
>You might go to cis white men labor tolerance camp and you'll have to tell your boyfriend he was just a ploy you used to make the school think you're bisexual and get the job
>yfw

Listen, you can either grab or be grabbed.

I Grabbed, how about you?

based Ami

yes

Step outside your echo chamber.

Ask yourself if that post was really witty enough to justify the effort of finding that stock photo and writing it out

I can propose any law that I want but that doesn't mean it'll go anywhere

I don't doubt that they exist. I'm just saying they might be a lot less prevalent than you think

Look at you, sitting on your cloud of judgement handing down life lessons to all the sinners!

>Ask yourself if that post was really witty enough to justify the effort of finding that stock photo and writing it out

I "think" so.

Get out of my safe space.

>I don't doubt that they exist. I'm just saying they might be a lot less prevalent than you think
The greatest example of this is in Canada where Toronto/Ontario is passing laws that make it mandatory to respect pronouns.

>one Sup Forums post opened a meme vortex that killed hundreds of celebrities and various famous people and left others JUSTed worse than Brendan Fraser
Sup Forums trolling has entered a new age.

>how dare people be sad about people dying?

just because you're autistic doesn't mean everyone else is.