What are the odds this will be really good and the previews are just misleadingly crap?

What are the odds this will be really good and the previews are just misleadingly crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc?t=47s
youtube.com/watch?v=tpoDlklVvjE
youtube.com/watch?v=nAfKFy9ZgHQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's wrong with her face?

Her body is artificial and they aren't good at that yet. Try to be sensitive.

semite

I hope this bombs so hard that Hollywood never touches anime again. I don't want to see cute 2D girls turned into 3D.

you nerds'll love it and pretend to hate it like anything else

There's no way it will be really good. If it's just pretty good I'll be thrilled.

ugly

Scarjo a cute

Pig in a blanket is going to be the buddy comedy of 2017. Screencap this.

I agree. I wish people would stop bullying her.

>you will never make Scarjo oink like a pig

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

looks like that dog thing from small soldiers

I can't be the only one who noticed this.

THICC

A friend's girlfriend said she should be Asian. I argued that I was fine with her being non-Asian, because she has an artificial body, but I think most everyone else being not Asian is bullshit. She said that was a good point. My friend said they got Beat Takeshi. I said he and the 40 Chinese guy from Dark Knight as 20-30 year old Togusa seem like the only major Asian roles.

Shit main actress, shit director, shit writers, shit producer. The only good thing about this movie will be the practical effects done by Weta.

The important thing to take away is that you're all autistic.

They fucking dun goofed.

this 2bh fämäläm

Meh. She doesn't fit the major. I've had a crush on her since her first comic book movie, but I don't agree with this casting.

that one had way better casting

;_;

I'm expecting it to be okay. Basically an inferior copy of the first anime film. A shitton of borrowed imagery but with Hollywood-ified writing. It will probably flop at the box office but develop a small cult following.

I'd just as soon have them all Asian but your scenario makes sense too.

Scarjo is a good actress.

That is reasonable.

Bridget Regan would have made a better Faora

The ideal Major would be a CGI Scarjo played by Jessica Chastain. Prove me wrong.

>liking gook shit cartoons

i don't mind ScarJo, but as a stubby little jewess with cellulite, she is a very odd choice for an action hero.

this desu

I want to pound her in her womanlet ass and watch her cellulite jiggle

remember pre-boobjob Scarjo? Can we get her back?

>I argued that I was fine with her being non-Asian, because she has an artificial body

This.
Anyone who complains about the Major's race in this film profoundly misunderstands the basic message of Ghost in the Shell.

I gotta say on a totally shallow basis it's just weird for me to hear a curvy blue eyed white chick called "Motoko Kusanagi". Bit of an immersion issue.

Me too. I'm genuinely worried that if this is successful, it will eventually result in a live action Evangelion movie. Bebop would probably work ok though.

>it will eventually result in a live action Evangelion movie.
This was in pre-production for awhile.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Here's a sentence so I don't get flagged for spam.

>a German playing an American playing a Jap
No, that's stupid.

0 look at the bright side tho when this fail we wont be flooded with animu movies

In the live action Eva movie, Asuka will be Turkish.

>>a German playing an American
Mein Fuhrer...

Practically zero. They've slapped a bunch of GitS names from different continuities into a script they had lying around and handed it to a shitty director, then put ScarJo in the lead role because muh black widow.
It's going to be a fucking travesty.

Will she at least get naked?

serious question

do people honestly sincerely think Scarlett Johansson is a good actor?

like men just think she's hot right?
its obvious to other people that her acting in 9/10 roles she's played is actually just stiff as a board right?
she has absolutely no range to speak of

I think they missed the atmosphere and world building by a mile.

I think she's a decent actress propelled to greater heights by virtue of being hot. She's no Meryl Streep but she's not bad either.

>its obvious to other people that her acting in 9/10 roles she's played is actually just stiff as a board right?
She can do better when given the chance, but lately it's all stoic action girl, yeah.

>Bella is too old and JUSTed to be Asuka

I mean not that I want to see them make it, but that would have been the only highlight.

>result in a live action Evangelion
On one hand, if done right it would be so fucking awesome.

On the other, it cant possibly be accomplished without being 5 movies long. Needing Avatar levels of cgi/live action

>like men just think she's hot right?
she is ok acctress at best and she isn't "hot" at all (some nice body from right angles and that's it). and it baffles me how she can still get roles. must be some good connections in hollywood

>baffles me how she can still get roles
She is basically one of the generic female choices for scifi shit.

>avengers
>lucy
>her
>probably some other shit i dont know about
>now ghost in the shell

>horseface

what are the states with predominant french ancestry ?

>On one hand, if done right it would be so fucking awesome.

Eva is one of THE most overrated pieces of shit in anime I have ever seen, the rumour that this was being considered for live-action must mean Hollywood is scraping the concrete underneath the barrel. Note to mention the amount of perving on 14 yo characters.

>I'm expecting it to be okay. Basically an inferior copy of the first anime film.

Ghost in the Shell franchise is pretty crap to be honest, SAC series is as boring (and cheap) as hell where they get into firefights while spouting psycho-babble at the same time and has that unique japanese issue where they must shove something cute to offset seriousness in the form of those stupid robot spiders. Rise, I couldn't be bothered to watch after the first episode. I haven't read the manga in a long time but I vaguely remember it annoying me with it's humour and gratuitous sex and those panels where explain cybernetics into between main panels. Plus the author has some kind of issue/fetish with black men in the rest of his work, which is basically hentai now.

I think only the movies were good. Even the second one. Though it did annoy me when batou looks away from major, while she undresses, like an embarrassed teenage boy.

ewwww. what the fuck is wrong with her face?

You tried. Have some dots.

I feel like they're gonna hate it because they got the source material wrong, instead of hating it because the source material is subpar weeb crap which just quotes philosophy wholesale with guns and tits. I remember the manga artist didn't draw sex scene with the Major and a man cos he didn't like to draw men's butts, but for some reason he is okay with drawing women and humanoid horses fucking.

What happened to the (you)s?

And don't tell me you actually like the SAC series?

This. Anyone who is complaining that it isn't authentic to anime, doesn't understand anime. There is a reason why Anime girls are look like white Europeans, because Japanese and Koreans despise Asiatic features as a result of Westernization. Pic related. It's why double eyelid surgery is so popular in Korea and Japan.

youtu.be/2DhoBuU1Dtc?t=47s

Observe at 47 seconds in how the Japanese woman says in reaction to the white washing controversy, "It will look more anime-ish if the characters aren't Japanese."

I don't care that she's white. I care that she's a shitty pick for the role.

there's a special place in hell for people who are as optimistic as you are OP, seeing as you're already a faggot.

Ghost in the Shell sucked. If they were doing an Akira movie then there would be issues.

3x3 Eyes on the other hand would have been perfect fodder for an 80s fantasy movie with the right people and editing.

>Ghost in the Shell sucked.

fuck you and the trips you walked in with cunt! REEEEEE

I seen a test screening of this

Looks wise it's going to blow you away but the story is retarded, instead of just sticking to one GITS story they've tried to mash three of the big ones together. Also Scarlett acts literally autistic, she may now be a good Major for the fans but there will be plenty of meme material.

Is it true that they changed the character's name? She's not going to be Major Kusanagi, but rather Major Killian?

Somebody posted a page from an interview or something where they said that, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed or debunked.

>one GITS story they've tried to mash three of the big ones together

Which ones?

Just southern Louisiana and a couple NE ones bordering French held bits of Canada.

>I remember the manga artist didn't draw sex scene with the Major and a man cos he didn't like to draw men's butts, but for some reason he is okay with drawing women and humanoid horses fucking.
Sounds like a pretty standard Sup Forums drawfag if he just drew dickgirls too

>Scarlett acts literally autistic,
So she got the Major down pat

I was going to reply 'slim' but that don't work.

THICC

>shit writter
>shit director
>shit actors
>shit director of photograpy
>shit producer

If you like the Total Recall and Robocop remakes and Paul W. S. Anderson trash you will like this. It stinks of Uwe Boll shit and jewpig money grab.

This is what happens if you ham (pun intended) a pig's face skin over a female mannequin.

kike

>like men just think she's hot right?
I genuinely think she is fugly and has the acting range of Michael Cera.
Also her shits must smell like rotten flesh.

That's fine, but the only pick that really makes sense is a women. Amercans wouldn't want to see it if it were some no name asian woman, and it wouldn't sell in Asia, because they would rather see a White animeish looking woman like Scarjo.

First movie, laughing man and parts of Arise

>FAT

FTFY

Funny thing is afterwards he started drawing black dudes in an offensive AND fetishistic way, dare I say it, in a cuck way.

>Also her shits must smell like rotten flesh.
As opposed to the pleasant smell of normal shits.

I would watch this movie for a thicc Asian woman.

>Pic related
Pic related is a fake, user, the original add didn't look like that at all, in fact it was shopped by trolls which literally ruined the girl's career.

Also, sure, it isn't necesary to have an Asian Major, I think she looks mostly Western, but at least pick a good looking girl, Scarjo is not made for the job even if she acts like a lifeless robot.

Scar Jo is very attractive but I have to admit I'm getting tired of curvy stick armed 5'3 womanlet action heroes. The novelty has worn off and now it's just kind of ridiculous.

jewesses are ugly and age like shit

>Scar Jo is very attractive

Not him but attractive is subjective, she used to have that kind girl next door qtness, but that's long gone and now she looks meh.

im watching it regardless because the best director is acting in it and so i have to see it

scarlett johansen was alright in lost in translation i dont remember her from anything else though

you guys should just watch takeshi kitano movies instead
youtube.com/watch?v=tpoDlklVvjE

About tree fiddy

I come from /x/ bearing tin foil. Hollywood is hitting us hard with the next stage of humanities technological revolution. There is a worker behind the curtain (some think an actual ai) who is pushing an idea that humanoid robots with ai are actually going to be godlike and and superior to us but also will help us unlock immortality and transcendence. This isnt a new idea but has recently become a real possibility. The adgenda is to change our minds that its not something we can afford to fear anymore and we need to take steps to advance it. This is dangerous to many powerful ideologies like the abrahamic religions and so this "entity" doesn't want to be seen yet. So what hes been doing is disguising the message by altering already existing stories like this one and westworld. The matrix has you.

stop doing drugs and rotting your brain and just watch takeshi kitano movies instead

youtube.com/watch?v=nAfKFy9ZgHQ

>Worried
For what
They already use Evangelion to sell toasters and razor blades, a bad movie wouldn't ruin the series' reputation any more than Anno already has

trips for truth
The original movie was animated well, and the fight scenes, as few as they were, had a nice momentum to them, but beyond that the entire thing is just 80 minutes of psuedo-philosophical nonsense about whether souls exist hung on the framework of a lackluster political thriller

And there it is. I've been waiting for it.

Political correctness started taking a hold of Western society in the late-80's and early-90's. This, coupled with the Internet giving "everybody a voice", gave birth to two things:

(1) the average idiot believing that their opinion is somehow important, and;
(2) the rapid sharing of knowledge which led to the discovery of what many had suspected but couldn't quite prove. The Jews, by way of the Frankfurt School and cultural Marxism, were slowly and steadily degrading society piece by piece, person by person.

This is why Sup Forums is so important. It's a collective of people forever searching for the truth and backing the truth up with facts, regarding the continual breakdown of society and the family unit. Sup Forums's influence is NEEDED on not only all boards of Sup Forums, but other websites as well, so that others may learn what we have, and begin to fight back as we have also. Trump's Presidency is merely the beginning.

Sup Forums is the chemo to the cancer that's plaguing the world.

YEARS.

>Gits and Death Note are going to be a success
>This parallels what happened with the rise of Capeshit in 07
>Capeshit already falling out of flavour with normfalgs
>Internet and streaming sites are making anime and manga a more accepted hobby compared to what they were a decade and a half ago
>TBBT is possibly ending, some new show which glorifies anime and manga will come along in its place to help normalfags see it's okay to like this shit and lead decent lives

I'm worried for much Chinese cartoons. I don't want them to become a filthy normal hobby.