twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wahhh im so sad im a white man wahhhhh
>*screams*
>*distorted instruments*
sweetie, no

but i love you..

but they are though

They are though.
I’ve been a fan for a while, but now I’m literally listening to everything by Gira.

Gira is Swans

Because Can, King Crimson and Guided by Voices are in the way

I tried getting into them but I accidentally downloaded a commentary of the seer. It was the most pretentious cringeworthy shit I have ever heard. I never gave them a chance after that. I was literally scarred for life.

been looking for years, still can't find a band as consistently great as Swans

I feel bad for you dude.
They’re my favorite band, but people can be so fucking pretentious about them.

The best way I can describe why I like them is because they have a unique and great sound, and they don’t sound like anything else I’ve heard.
Try to give them a chance.

there couldn't be a more complex and evolved life of a band. i don't care for The Great Annihilator that much, actually i really hate it and i forget it exists but other people seem to love it for what it is. it's inarguable that any band have ever had a greater comeback and evolution then this band

you should have paid user. the boys have to eat end pieces of bread because of you

What's the best album to start with?

you have to start with the first album honestly

post-punk swans is my favorite variation of swans, so I'm a fan of the great annihilator, it's not my favorite, but a solid entry

Because King Crimson exists.

i can't help but receive the impression of something overtly gothy about it, something about the production of it all and the fact they couldn't play those songs in that way, it feels very superficial for a Swans album. i can't help but think it sounds like a nu-metal album

stoner music

I mean, it's literally goth rock so...
also i'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say

do they have that many albums? lol fuck that

a lot of them are live albums

They have pretty distinct periods, you might as well pick one and see if you like it

Because they're complete dreck

Thanks, guess I'll go listen to Soundtracks for the Blind right now.

They don’t have that many albums on the chart, that’s the entire Young God Records label if I’m correct.
But they do have a dense discography.
Just follow the chart, or start with the Great Annihilator and go from there

I'm not a pseud and also have a real soul

The best way to experience in it is in a dark room, not looking at your phone or anything; immerse yourself completely in the music, an hour in you’ll feel like you’re going insane, or about to break. It’s a REALLY cool experience

anybody have the broken heart pasta saved?

What is that?

I love Swans but this sounds fucking hilarious, any chance you have it lying around anywhere?
This.

In case he doesn’t have it lying around...
drive.google.com/open?id=1ysDav3PgbZ7Ie_dtRm4_YWH1aDFB3O9l

Hopefully this isn’t against the rules...

I don't unfortunately, it was during the what.cd golden era, I begged for an invite on Sup Forums and some user gave it to me lol

great band but their music ain’t fast enough
my favorite kind of music is black metal and oldschool death metal

>5g
Jesus christ

For some reason I thought he was talking about the discography, not the interview. My mistake

Link is just the discography, if anyone wants it

gira posted that they're working on the next swans album, any wild speculation what it's going to be?

I for one am looking forward to the lovecraft inspired concept album I hoped the seer would be after the opener.

They’re working on another album? I guess I’ll be able to live to see them live then.

Will be with a new lineup though, correct?

yes and yes

My favorite albums and bands usually have some very different ideas coming together to create something totally different. Swans makes big loud long rock music about being a big powerful baby. They're very good at doing that, but that's not my favorite thing ever.

trap influenced