Was Batman v Superman actually an under appreciated masterpiece?

Was Batman v Superman actually an under appreciated masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hXsqsZ7xbjM
audienceseverywhere.net/richard-newbys-top-10-films-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Yeah it's literally better than all the Nolan ones

its over appreciated shit

Very underrated. Reading the reviews you'd think it's the worst movie of all time, when in reality it's just a below average capeshit flick that tries a little too hard to affect depth.

Fuck off there hasn't been a perfect batman since '89/returns and I am not being ironic you fucking fags deal with it.

educated people with high film literacy shit on it because they see everything its trying and failing to do.

>high film literacy
i didn't go to film school i went to films

It's absolute kinography and it saddens me that justice League appears to be "marvelfied".

Its just a way to say "has seen a lot of movies."

No need to get flustered.

burtonFAG go take your edgy teen loner ass elsewhere

>high film literacy

But did they have high kino literacy?

No, but it sure fired up the autists for some inexplicable reason. You know, the fedora-wielding type who worship the boondock saints.

Obviously

This meme sucks.

So does BvS. Deal with it.

No, only to edgy pretentious 13 year old boys like yourself it was.

It was much better than what the critics would have you believe. Personally its one of the best capeshit around but it has flaws

This.

When will this meme die? Jesus Christ.

Yea. Jeremy Irons is GOAT.

Would have been great if Eisenberg could make up his mind whether or not he was joker or lex.

Its not a meme some people actually enjoy the film, its fine if you don't.

It was shit

Eisenjew was just another polarising aspect of the movie and considering he's one of the pillars of the story alot of people are turned of by his performance and in turn the movie.

Again, i thought he was great as lex, his mannerisms did get a little annoying but overall i enjoyed his performance

The fucking Ultimate Edition is 9/10 easy. I have no idea why they removed the Clark Kent-trying-to-find-out-why-Batman-is-being-so-brutal-now subplot but it really pulled everything together, not to mention the other WW scenes they cut. Snyder is top tier.

Does the ultimate edition fix....

- Lex being a flamoyamt Twink
- Boooyyys!
- shoehorned justice leave trailers and logos on an email
- cave troll doomsday
- meaningless death of Superman
- Lois being in places she shouldn't
- Lois being a better detective than Batman
- MARTHA. Why did you say that name?!

If not then ultimate edition is still massive shit just like the regular theatrical version.

We have this thread 8 times a day.

"BvS was good meme" posters are persistent I'll give them that

Very underappreciated. The reviews were simply unfair. Not even the most hardcore Marvel fanboy can argue elsewise.

And once reviews start to parrot something, you'll see everyone else parrot the same opinions.

Just like every DCuck parrots professional troll Armond White's nonsense

The ultimate edition is an amazing comic book movie. The final villain was a little cheesy looking, but I thought it was an amazing movie.

They did however undo a lot of superman's character development that was established in man of steel. They spent so much time in that movie trying to make superman plausible in reality, and it actually worked.

But in this one they threw that out and just went all out.

What are you even on about? I'm saying the mainstream critics were unfair. Simple as that. Especially when similar critics went on to praise Civil War "for its ability to ask difficult questions". It strikes me not only as hypocricy, but borderline agenda.

Unironically this

youtube.com/watch?v=hXsqsZ7xbjM

No because if you're not retarded or an indian shill paid by a rodent corporate character, most of those things are perfectly fine in a comic book movie

> Most of those things are perfectly fine

audienceseverywhere.net/richard-newbys-top-10-films-2016/

>There’s nothing gentle about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Zack Snyder’s film is one that refuses to tone down its lofty thematics and refuses to play its absurd moments for winks. It takes fan and non-fan alike and hurls them head first into what comic books actually are: a collision of the facts and ideas that make up the very bones of storytelling, and the inherent but rarely acknowledged silliness that comes from watching grown men in costumes face pseudo-science and existential identity crises. In Batman v Superman, everything here is presented on a ceremonial pedestal, and why shouldn’t it be when comic book adaptations dominate our news, social media, and pop-cultural atmosphere? Batman v Superman, offers an introspective look at some of the world’s most popular characters, making them matter in today’s socio-political climate, and making them feel like actual human beings with hopes, flaws, and existential considerations. This is The Last Temptation of Christ by way of DC Comics. 1/2

> This is a comic book movie by a director who refuses to just aim for “fun” and be done. Snyder makes it clear that if these heroes and villains are to matter, if they’re going to fill up our news feeds and studio release slates, then they’ve got to be challenged. They’ve got to be retrofitted within the context of a world where guns are problematic symbols of power, immigrants are feared and hated, and the media does make monsters for ratings. Snyder doesn’t change these characters; he simply understands comic book history better than most directors (and most viewers), and chose which elements would mean the most in our currently shifting world. The film leaves us on a note of hope and inspiration, something that had to be worked for, thought about, and earned the hard way by the heroes central to the film. No, Batman v Superman may not be gentle but in its invitation to work through it, to think about it beyond the theater doors and echo-chamber of social media, it provides one of the most satisfying experiences of the year, and hope for the future of the comic book movie.

2/2

I'm pretty sure if I look hard enough I can find reviewers online that like green lantern, Batman and Robin, or Fantastic Four.

They still are bad movies just like BvS

Your opinion (just like critics) does not make it fact

>my opinion > your opinion
Good post!

Everytime I read the " shoehorned justice leave trailers and logos on an email" I know this is just another MCU kids copy pasting a list he found on reddit

Non of them are bad, and the one that could be would invalidate more than half the movie ever made

Stay mad kiddo

For a movie they think so little of, they sure are determined to post in every thread of it that pops up. Almost makes you suspect some kind of agenda.

Would you find threads discussing the themes of those movies after like 9 months after being out of theaters too?

Too many flashbacks/dream sequences. It's lazy filmmaking.

It was lazily shot too. The movie is like 90% handheld close ups.

It also failed in opening up the universe, which was clearly one of their goals. It all feels so closed off now.
>Superman and Clark Kent are dead
>Batman is already a psychotic old man
>Wonderwoman is introduced as being a hero of history, her story must now be told as a prequel
>they pretty much confirmed Darkseid and Apokolips, their biggest bads, in their second movie

>It was lazily shot too
What the fuck? Can you then name a superhero movie that isn't lazily shot in comparison to BvS? Because you won't find many.

It's mostly just that Marvel movies are extremely over-appreciated dogshit, which makes these DC movies seem really genuine by comparison. MoS and BvS do have amazing cinematography and symbolism though.

>some of agenda
Yes, it's almost as if the people constantly reposting the exact same goddamn threads to advertise the DC universe are part of some kind of agenda.

>advertise a film 9 months after its release
What's funny is how the catalog gets absolutely bombarded with Marvelshit during premiere week only to have those threads disappear forever the weeks after.

Why is that, I wonder?

If there was a legit movie universe that fan boys could cling on too in order for it to survive then yes.

The reason is even discussed is 80% meme bait threads and the other 20% are DCucks that want to convince others that the DCU movies are good so they can continue making these movies because they are DC fans.
They hate marvel and blame them from their own movies being shit. Even though DC movies have dominated in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.
Now DC movies are shit and DCucks are losing their minds and hate Marvel because they are on top at the moment.

What is the point of Batman fighting Superman if they're not long term friends beforehand?
That's what makes it compelling.

It's great but please stop over analyzing it.

NO for the billionth time.

> Amazing symbolism

Kek. Baby's first on the nose symbolism.

>there are no Disney shills on Sup Forums

>Marvel because they are on top at the moment.
Yeah man. Totally. Top Marvel. 90% RT score. Go see it now. It will change your lives.

To have a clickbait title, of course.

He's an overacting Zuckerberg. Tech Neo-Billionaires basically think they're the joker anyway

Another
> Le BvS is good meme
Thread

No what's make it compelling is Batman's inner cynicism reflected in his attitude towards an angelic figure presenting himself to Earth.

I assume you're talking about this.

WTF HAPPENED TO THE SUPERGIRL THREAD!!!!!!

It's actually referring to Kingdom Come.

MARTHA

Take a shot every time there is a cut.

What the hell is going on there?

Absolute kino

Look at the average rating.

90% doesn't mean it will be a good movie but there is a high chance most people will like watching it.

It has a 7.6/10 rating on the site by most reviewers.

talk to 9/10 people and they will say they liked the movie if they know anything about the franchise.

Let me also remind you liking a movie doesn't make it a cinematic masterpiece.

Yet you marvelcucks fall for those "meme bait" threads every single time, and everytime you try to go further than "it's shit haha, look at this RT score haha" you get destroyed pretty hard

Really makes u think huh

Wait, is this a superman movie with the space penises or some gay indie film?

I haven't brought myself to watch it yet. MoS was so garbage I don't want to put myself through anything similar.

BvS is actually worst than shitty Man of Steel. Didn't think it was possible but there you have it

I liked it

It's very flawed, but still better than any of the marvel flicks.

Still no reply? Why, it's almost like you were spouting shit you had no idea of and then left running away when called out.

Good post

You posted cherry picked stills. Why would o respond to such a bad argument?

No it's shit. What I want to know is why is Watchman pretty good whereas every other superhero movie he's pushed out is garbage

He kept pretty close to the comics so he couldn't fuck up the story or the script.
BvS is what happens when you give people like Snyder any kind of creative freedom.

I didn't like it when I saw it in theaters but then I thought about it for a while, which it's rare for capeshit movies. The Ultimate Cut makes it a good movie but it still has a lot of pacing problems

It's kino/10

>spout shit
>here's why you're wrong
>NU UH that doesn't count
Back to the poo with you Pajeet

Nope.

Those digits don't lie.

You probably just don't get it. You probably only like superhero movies that are "fun" and "entertaining" like the MCU movies, you fucking pleb.

>dcucks think this wooden shit is poignant

>and refuses to play its absurd moments for winks.

I thought she was with you?

>Why is that, I wonder?
Because calling the MCU movies good is not a particularly objectionable statement, so gets no troll mileage. To say that BvS isn't shit - by contrast - you are just begging to be contradicted.

>fall for

>implying peolpe don't just enjoy making fun out of the dceu

>not a particularly objectionable statement
>thorfightingloki.webm

Sure thing

>glorified bloggers
>film literacy

BvS is significantly worse. It's basically a rushed checklist of universe set-up ordered by the studios on one hand coupled with loads of clumsy religious allegory and 9/11 imagery on the other, all tied together by erratic and often nonsensical characterizations of iconic characters.

Yeah these guys seem to be having a blast

>Because calling the MCU movies good is not a particularly objectionable statement
Is this bait?

The suggestion being that an underwhelming confrontation between Thor and Loki not central to the plot should have ruined the epic culmination of five movies worth of set-up and the first ever massive superhero ensemble movie? Whether you like it or not The Avengers was incredibly well received by audiences.

Does it still have the ridiculous shaky cam?

Just like Transformers then