/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what are some good films set in that ethereal space between Christmas and New Year

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/dontpokethebear/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi_Communications
originaltrilogy.com/topic/Single-Pass-Regrade-of-Grindhouse-ESB/id/52161/page/2
youtube.com/watch?v=Hto_uvmLq-8
letterboxd.com/cancer/
pastebin.com/K2E1zRA0
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>space between Christmas and New Year
Does that even exist?

Nobody knows

wahoo swapped out my poster for a different one

Rohmer films go by in what feels like half their runtime. Ive never seen pacing this good before!

I watched Patton last night, 172 minutes, and that time just flew by.

>Berlusconi communications

really makes you think...

What an elegant form of birth control, machill. I will teach my future kids your ways.

Which Rohmer films would you recommend? Your top 5?

strange days

Marathon Six Moral Tales of you want a crash course, you're bound to find something to enjoy, shouldn't be difficult considering a few of them are under an hour. Of his modern films that I've seen I would say A Summer's Tale is my favorite.

I've only seen 5 films so far, just getting started on em myself. But I would definetely recommend Claire's Knee first as that has been the standout.

reminder that vulgar autism is essentially trolling yourself

Just watched a summers tale myself. Was a fun little flick even though I found the main dudes indecisiveness a little annoying. Like damn dude just pick one or the whole thing will collapse on you lol

Who would you have picked user?

Wow.

It's like the Master Antonioni himself painted this very image...

updated list to include La La Land... missing a lot of the razor sharp edge that Whiplash had, but still extremely enjoyable. The finale montage was really heart-breaking, and Damien captured lots of small, intimate emotional details very well like he did in Whiplash. Very good, but not a masterpiece.

letterboxd.com/dontpokethebear/

Especially the dumb choices he makes when he gets curious about the other girls when he has a good thing going on.

Solene for sure. They had great chemistry together and she had the least manic behavior. What about you?

good

I feel like Damien wanted to stop the idyllic Demy-esque landscape two thirds of the way and have it clash with modernistic dating. Caught me off guard and made it much more difficult to decide how I felt about it.

just watched touch of evil what did I think

Aeon Flux?

I recognized the back of the outfit. I remember watching this in Middle School at a friend's birthday party and everyone thought it was shit

You think it's racist because they had a white devil to portray an honorable Aztlanian with tanface

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Love too watch good things and then give it a heart

Who knew Sylvio was so patrician
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi_Communications

The poster might help but I would also recommend your gf using some other form of birth control

Doesn't justify its length

Worst movies of the year list?

Yeah solene started to grow on me as the film went on whilst the opposite happened with margo (but not that much, margo was still awesome).

I probably wouldnhave chosen margo because she seemed the most friendly and whimiscal and, like gaspard said, he didnt feel like hade to be someone else around her. Solene seemed more wife material

Is this bait

your a bait

##77740041
Get fukid

n-nani?!

no its from best to worst

I know you're being facetious by saying that every film on there is garbage but I know that only a significantly retarded person would think that.

Good post and bantz by the lovely dptb

TND is shit, what the fuck?

>The Neon Demon
>shit
Lmao, fucking dummy pleb

>The Neon Demon.
>not shit
Lmao, fucking dummy pleb

thnks bb

>The Neon Demon
>shit
Lmao, fucking dummy pleb

rewatched the empire strikes back, because...Carrie ;_;

there's an amazing new release on myspleen that's a regrade of the grindhouse version released last year. just from flipping through this is going to be my go-to version for a while
originaltrilogy.com/topic/Single-Pass-Regrade-of-Grindhouse-ESB/id/52161/page/2

Wow, it's like Leonardo himself painted this image..

WTF, ARE (YOU)S DEAD? HOLY SHIT, THAT'S A DISASTER, FUCK ME

>Swiss Army Man
Probably not worth the watch, it felt longer than it should have but I ended up at least giving it 5/10 for originality and managing to make me laugh at some things I never would have expected to.

Its just too drawn out and the limited dialogue lacked a lot of nuance.

>Star Trek 3
I actually had decent expectations from word of mouth but was extremely underwhelmed. Might change it to 2 stars with more thought, but it has a ton of plot holes and things that go unexplained, the "character interactions" feel forced and badly written. The pros would be the effects, some of the action, some of the jokes, and the actual premise as well as design of the world was really neat. That's about it. Probably worse than the 1st one honestly.

>Wilderpeople.
Surprisingly great, would recommend. Pretty original movie that got a lot of laughs out of me, has some beautiful cinematography of New Zealand (even if it is sort of tangential to the plot sometimes) and even a few sincerely emotional parts. Just a few strong characters but it all works well and you can see some minor details that they really paid attention to in order to go the extra mile in quality.

>Tickled
Pretty interesting for a while, but the build up and narrative leads to (for me) unsatisfying conclusion.

>Trauma is easily among the best films I've ever seen, and by far the best of Argento's oeuvre. Those who dismiss entirely his films after Opera are among the same tired demographic content to bask in Argento's trademark stylisation, refusing to accept a work of his which does not pander to their memey expectation. To my limited knowledge, however, these folks are only incorrect in the case of Trauma – Non ho sonno is the other worthwhile late Argento, and although the opening train sequence is among his finest achievements, the rest is fairly shit. I can scarcely begin to exalt Trauma's merits without resorting to incoherent rambling; I will simply describe it as the modern spiritual successor to Tourneur's Cat People, and relate it more loosely to Rob Zombie's Halloween II. I would strongly recommend it if that meagre analogy sounds to you at all compelling.

Is she right?

I'm watching (You)

post profile

/PUNQ

I need (You)s

thanks for reassuring me to never follow you

somebody too retarded to use Sup Forums x is too retarded to watch film

Reminder to believe PUNQ

>this guy

TROMP EZ FUCKKING TAYLER

youtube.com/watch?v=Hto_uvmLq-8

look at this funny bird

in other news i liked La La Land more than i expected to. it felt for the first two acts as if it can't decide between starry eyed nostalgia and more serious realism, but i guess the contrast is what they were going for based on the ending. i'll see it again.

fun flick with great characters but it's a bit predictable and does drag a bit

still like it though! very comfy.

letterboxd.com/cancer/

who the fuck writes a review like that and then gives it 2 stars

read my bio

>he doesn't know about steakembryo

who the fuck names themself steakembryo

On a scale of 1 to 54 how excited are you for the next Machill review?

I don't give one fuck what Mac Hill has to say.

I don't give one fuck what Mac Hill has to say.

54!!!!!!!!!!!!

54!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does mac(s)hill always make his OPs with the Letterboxd logo- and always the same one- and the other guys don't? Is he a literal shill for the site?

BASED MACHILL54 WILL SAVE 2017

Ronald's boyfriends are starting to get annoying

There you go again

Going where?

Holy shit, what a comeback!

>image
That's a gif, you retard.

Retarded steakfaggot

I seriously don't know why he still posts and acts the way he does. It's incredibly forced and designed around appearing cooler and smarter than he actually is, but nobody buys it

But actually

Jesus Christ this board is such a cringe fest. You should all be ashamed.

To live once... But with hope..

another sterling thread. I'm sure /lbg/ will get off to a roaring start in 2017. Thanks again for your participation, gang!

Please stop posting.

>That recent activity
Literally inverse good taste. Choke on a tailpipe.

You can stop samefagging whenever you like, you know..

Oh, steakbro, you wish it's only one

tfw too intelligent for reply to this post or steakbro will die in his sleep tonight

tfw too intelligent to eat pork

Tfw thread starts alrght then degenerates into the usual shite

Tfw thread starts alrght then degenerates into the usual shite

1 (You) = 1 prayer for steakbro!!

They start alright for you and your ilk

pastebin.com/K2E1zRA0

60 responses so far. Couplea days left.

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

It's the picture I have saved on my phone to use for the threads
It's a good pic
Idk why people use unrelated OP images they are dumb

Because he lacks imagination. I hate the logo, which also gives the sense of shilling doubtless

>Idk why people use unrelated OP images they are dumb
I disagree

What are some films about people who add all your favorites list to their watch list but don't even like your list or follow you because they're little Jew rat bitches?

Asking for a friend.

Maybe they don't like you, and wouldn't want to be involved with such a person

>people who add all your favorites list to their watch list but don't even like your list
that's hilarious

Then stay away from my taste.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why? If you can get something, you get, no matter the source. Maybe you're bad and your work is good