So, we all can at least agree that Megadeth > Metallica, right?

So, we all can at least agree that Megadeth > Metallica, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q3JeaBoBU-c&t=71s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Megadeth is my favourite band," said no one ever.

I only like Vektor

x2

Metallica are better song writers. This is why they had to venture outside of thrash metal and go into pop world. Metal as a genre is more image than substance. Most metal is musically very cheesey and not very heavy. The best they could come up with is using a tritone and some chromaticism. Most guitar solos sound like blues licks with a scalular shit that often makes zero sense thrown in. Mahavishnu Orchestra were more metal than 90% of metal I have heard. Slayer is the only band I ever heard who live up to the metal meme. T. Musicologist university music fag.

Dave's voice ruins Megadave.

Slayer>Metallica>Megadave>Anthrax>Exodus>Testament

Yes and Rust In Peace is still the best thrash metal album of all time.

No, James Hetfield is a much better singer and songwriter. Megadeth is better musically, but Dave’s mustaines coice is shit and his lyrics are pretty cringe sometimes

I've read some retarded shit on this board but this is on a different level.

At least you can hear the bass

stop

Ya now try and back up what you are saying and be intellectually crushed. Anyone who is musically learned can hear there is a difference between what the t-shirts are potraying and what is happening within the music. T shirts were the most brutal aspect of the metal scene. The music is rather tame as I explained from a musical perspective.

I suppose it's not heavy if you are listening through iphone earbuds. Does your knowledge of 80s extreme metal end with Slayer?

I have a Masters degree in music. If you want to talk start talking. Do you have something to say or you just want to try and fuck with me to feel like you are of value to the conversation?

Not at all. Dave is a really shit vocalist singing wise, so it kind of fucks everything big. Maybe if he would have stepped away from the mic, his band would have been insane since himself and all of the members come and go were top tier musicians, especially Poland.

However, Rust in Peace is better than any Metallica album.

In terms of thrash albums...
1)Rust in Peace
2)...and Justice For All
3)Death Magnetic
4)Master of Puppets
5)Peace sells
6)All Em All
7)Ride the Lightening
8) System has failed
9) So far so good so what

>implying you need to have great music theory knowledge to have good solo
>implying real soul playing isnt the greatest thing ever
>implying marty friedman isnt a good lead player
>implying Chris Poland isnt a good guitar player with great music theory knowledge
>implying hamlet is great player with great music theory knowledge
kill yourself fag. Go listen to lucretia again and then kill yourself

This this this this, and thiiiiiiiiiis.

Metal is a social contruct in terms of music along the fields.

>master degree in music
>thinking it matters at all

clean numbers

Dave is easily a better musician overall on riffs alone, but his vocals have effectively gone downhill from album to album and his solos are pretty awful. Metallica definitely lost their spark when they ran out of Burton and Mustaine riffs and when James blew out his voice. It's a tough call given they've both been pretty fucking wretched since the 90's, but I think you have to hand it to Megadeth for not being quite as musically and visually embarrassing as Metallica have in the past couple of decades.

I don't remember listening full any Metallica album more than once while everytime I went for Holy Wars or Hangar I couldn't resist the full album.

Except for the kid in high school who wore a megadeath shirt almost every day and never shut up about how great they were. His name was Craig. We called him Craigadeath

I hope you enjoy your enriching future career at Starbucks

We’re reaching peak autism levels in this thread boys

you hate him because you know he's right

>most metal is musically very cheesy and not very heavy
>orchestra were more metal than 90% of metal I’ve heard
>I’ve only listened to the big 4 and some nu metal
You clearly don’t know dick about the genre

>death magnetic above master of puppets

>ignoring the point that your knowledge of metal is nonexistent

Dark Angel and Kreator both released miles and miles better albums than Slayer or any of the big 4 in fact. I suggest you listen to them and some better metal.

>back up what you are saying and be intellectually crushed
>I have a masters in music
>too be fair you need to have a high iq to listen to music
If the world needed more proof that music intellectuals are the most autisic people on the planet

>Dickhead doesn’t know literally anything about metal about mainstream mumbling jumbo
I bet this soyboy would think we were speaking a different language in /metal/

Hi soyboys

this

Listen guys here is the deal. Like it or not, music is a subject of study. There is a syntax in place that allows us to communicate musical concepts with words. Next, not everyone is having the same expereince when they listen to music. Many people wear thier music like an article of clothing. Thats fine. That all being said, I have some authourity in the subject and was granted some certifications. You want to shit on that or pass it off as irrelevant, be my guest. As someone with absolutely no skin in the game who listens to music with a disrcriminate ear, I can tell you that the genre is the equivelant of the tattooed biker. You try to look tough but behind the mask you are a scared baby. I can hear the small baby in most metal. Russian composers have expressed more of the twisted and brutal imagery in heavy metal art than metal bands. Most metal guys are nerds who dont lift that try and come off as intellectual and superior. As your musical superior I must say that your musical genre is weaker than I ever imagined. I really am a hateful guy and crave some violent music to blow off steam. Your bands dont really deliver. No one is talking about theory and all that. Most metal lacks the viceral energy that is assoiciated with the genre. Youre a bunch of fakers and phonies. Sorry. The t shirts are the best part of the scene guys. Slayer is good though. I could see being a pumped up army fag blasting people to that music. To songs like One, and Blackened, not so much. Also, what the fuck is up with Pantera? Seeing thier t shirts growing up I was expecting something a lot heavier than that faggy glam album debut and later funky shit. Pantera is actually a great example of how this like most music is just working musicians figuiring out what you fags will pay us to play.

Man Jack Black really nailed you guys in his potrayal of metal music fans. Speaking a different language in metal? Its music. Just because you added a distortion pedal and an extra kick drum doesnt really change what is musically taking place. You are a consumer. I am a producer. I hate and resent that we musicians need to depend on people like you to make a living. You are reddit tier and everything that is wrong with the state of music. You probably picked your favorite band based on their album cover art. Get the fuck outta here. Anyone with some music experience, even if they disagree with me or see me as an enourmous fag would still side with me over you, because you haven't really shared anything of value other than hurt feelings and a sense of being part of the tribe. You are a worthless consumer. A sports fan. Just another voice in the mob. Whatever fag. I am willing to bet I am in way better shape than you, which makes you the soyboy.

Yes.

>Dark Ange
Checked them out. Made me feel like punching someone in the face. Thanks user! Very much like Slayer though. If they are post Slayer they were def influenced by them. Kreator sounded pretty gay though, sorry. If you got more stuff like Dark Angel that would be great. Dark Angel is a really faggy name though. Sounds like a 90s WB TV show starring Sarah Michelle Geller.

If you really want to take the music theory meme route, there is much more to look for in Megadeth. They probably strayed the furthest from their original sound than Metallica ever did (Cryptic Writings and Risk). Dave was also always a much, much better songwriter than anyone else in the Big 4.

Daves solos are fine, because he's always had a much better soloist along with him. His solos are pretty predictable (although he actually has a couple of great ones on their latest album), basically just heavily distorted blues solos. But that was okay because he had someone incredible like Poland or Friedman to counterbalance that. The level of soloing in Metallica songs was never really that great. Kirk is serviceable at best when compared to the guys in Megadeth.

Megadeth is so much better than boring as fuck metallica. That solo in the end of holy wars is fucking savage bro. Metallica have not a single good solo and they suck live

This has to be an elaborate troll. Nobody is really stupid and pretentious at the same time. Just because there is a musical syntax in place doesn't mean that it conveys the same to everyone because different individuals have different understandings of what communicates what. Whatever musical theory you may associate with "twisted imagery" might not at all have the same effect on someone else, and the delivery of that musical theory also has a huge impact on the listener. Hearing something on an obo and on an electric guitar is very different, even if the musical theory is the same. There is a wholeness to the structure of a song and the individual tools used to deliver that song that is much more ephemeral than simple music theory. For all the studying you did, you should've taken a humanties course or some shit because you cannot articulate concepts or the idea of individual opinion and understanding at all.

I think everyone can agree metal music sucks though.

haha, got your sims crystal

nice

You haven't spent any time around tweekers, I see

Overall I agree, but Megadeth never released an album as good as Kill Em All IMO.

Also, I like Slayer so much more than either of them, that it's really irrelevant.

Also also, when it comes to mid 80s metal, the only thing I ever really bother with nowadays is first wave black metal, which is basically thrash, but better. Celtic Frost ftw

>no metal is actually heavy besides slayer
>how silly it is that I should listen to more then 3 bands in order to make a statement about an entire genre

>masters degree
>Sup Forums

>he had wasted few years of his life on getting worthless degree but at least he's superior to mu fags

I have a master's degree in international relations. Therefore, you're ill-informed to discuss anything that happens in the countries of the world, compared to me. That includes music. I'm happy to vet anything you would consider saying, though.

>putting Death Magnetic THAT FUCKING HIGH

which kreator have you listened to retard
Pleasure to Kill and Endless Pain or nothing

If you liked DA (who were contemporaries of Slayer mind you) maybe you'll like Morbid Saint's debut,80s Possessed,80s Sepultura (especially Beneath The Remains),early Morbid Angel and Sadus. Also which Kreator album did you listen to? Their 80s stuff is their best.

I dont know but it was mega gay, which means you are mega gay.

shut up elbow face
listen to Razor - Violent Restitution

>stupid fag starts criticizing metal
>turns out he has only listened to the big 4
>dismisses entire genre anyway

Every fucking time. Why does this only happen to metal?

shut up faggit

Make me, cuckboi.

You made the assumption I listened to the big 4. You people are creating your own narative. Look throught the thread and see how much interconflict you have amongst one another. The majority of you ae musically incoherent and thats why you resort to classifying 100's of subgenres. You cant even hear what is similar or different. You just like your labels, much like fashion labels. I stand by Metal being about the merch and imagery 1st and the music second. Ive said very little you are taking the ball and running with it and collapsing like house of cards because you are a fragile group. Its similar to the avant garge art movement where you are listening to a lot of noise and claiming there is something deeper happening. Not to say all metal is noise, but you have people within your group that will call anything good as long as it means acceptance withing the group and create a sense of exclusivity. Im just an observer but I dont think your subculture warrants any more inquiry than any other, yet you seem entitled and demand it. This is because the core base is made up of nerds and social rejects that need to justify their not fitting in as being special and above the masses. I get it. Its just basic sociology stuff. Atheism, Metal and other stuff Im just too stupid to inderstand. Yup.

Jesus christ imagine going to college for eight years and still being unable to think for yourself

Pleasure to Kill isn't gay dude. Listen to that one

>I’m willing to bet I’m in way better shape than you
>being this much of a fucking brainlet
>hahahahaha jack black memes
>proving my point
You keep fucking ignoring and proving my point that you don’t know fucking dick about the genre because you’re a dumb nigger who’s “”””””vast musical knowledge”””””””””””””””” is the only thing he has in life. Reality is you are a fucking brainlet who writes like a rick and morty fanatic. This level of lack of self awareness literally exceeds everything I’ve seen on this site, and that’s saying something

Holy fucking shit see
>>>>
Literally every reference you make only applies to mainstream metal you absolute mongoloid. You are probably a dumb nigger who thinks death and doom metal are “practically the same thing”

Old spaghetti or new beefaroni?

>different language
>as in genres and bands that you’ve literally never heard of, but you are an all knowing music god because you have a worthless piece of paper

fuck no lmao

>all metal fans crave acceptance
>all about labels and imagery
>being this fucking wrong

metal isn't punk, buddy. and some soyboy isn't going to sit there and tell me that literally all fucking music is associated with imagery. metal's just tends to be more divisive and variable than other genres

why do you think metal has a bajillion subgenres? do you think it's because metal in and of itself is diverse? fuck no. you could make 100 subgenres out of deep house for all the fuck it means. the thing is that metalheads need to be accepted and to mosh with a particular group. without that they get lonely and kill yourselves. probably like you after you read this comment lmao

Im ignoring and proving your point? That I don't know how to experience a genre of music? Are you saying I have listened to enough music in the genre? I dont know where you are getting your data from. Its entirely possible that I have listened to more selections of metal music than you. You dont really respect or credit other people so I think you are incapable of having a meaningful conversation. If you are trying to say that you must aquire an insider knowledge of how to experience and listen to an uderstand the music, I already addressed that point. What are you actually trying to say other than you resent that I dont find Metal music sonically as powerful and agressive as the cover art and asethic of the genre try to pass off?

See the issue here is you are being gatekeepers. Now I cant name all bands and pieces of music I have heard. I also cant name any Jazz tunes but know how to play hundreds. I think you must be very limited people to think others are so limited. Ive listened to lots and lots of music. Dont be jelly, Share some tunes and Ill listen right now. I love listening to music. I dont know why you guys got a pickle up your asses. Im not going to remeber Dark Angle and Kreator next week. Does it still count that I listened?

>You are reddit tier
What did he mean by this?

What's ur """"""""opinion"""""""" on this album?
youtube.com/watch?v=q3JeaBoBU-c&t=71s

>it’s entirely possible
>you must require an insider knowledge
So what you’re saying is
I’m right. And you haven’t listened to a single metal band outside of the big 4 and some shitty mainstream nu metal
>that I don’t know how to experience a genre of music
>that I haven’t listened to enough music in the genre
Yes this is exactly what I’m saying. Its pretty funny that your experience with the genre begins and ends with mainstream bands (Metallica, Pantera, megadeth)

>why do you think metal has a bajillion subgenres? do you think it's because metal in and of itself is diverse?
Yeah pretty much. Tell me, what genres of metal have you listened to before?

OK I listened to the first track. Lets discuss it. Do you feel that selection of music was unique and likely to be unlike any example I have ever heard before? What is your take on the music? what do you like about it? We know it has a fast tempo and it takes a high level of virtuosity to play this music but lets just talk about the product itself. What about this sonically is going on from your perspective?

Can I get some buzzsaw dm reccs along the lines of Entombed, Dismember, Grave etc.

Seriously your pretentiousness is high tier
If you haven’t listened to death or morbid angel then you clearly have no authority on the entire genre. They were probably some of the greatest in its history
>pic related

no I adressed this. I cant name names. I just listened to 3 selections of music from this thread. You are doing that thing when people argue. They create a talking point and just keep hitting it. I cant really say all the code words you need to hear to deem me worthy of conversation. It actually proves my point of how pretentious you are and that you experience tunnel vision.

Have you listened to Carnage yet?

Carnage, Carbonized, Bolt Thrower, Unseen Terror (more grind/crust tho)

Megadeth is a lot more melodic than Metallica, also they still kick ass!
I know Dave's voice is hard to digest, but you get used to it and it's hard not to fall in love with it!
Best thrash metal band imo

You guys are pretentious. I dont need to hear myself talk. I am actually intersted to hear what you all have to say. Why not pick a selection of music and describe why you picked it and what you feel it demonstrates. Why is it significant? Maybe how it makes you feel? How do you experience this? How would you describe it in music terms? Im really intersted to actually know what you are experiencing and what you believe I dont get or am missing,

>I can’t name names
>see I’ve listened to 3 more bands
Literally proving that you don’t understand the genre. Ever hear of burden of proof? Sludge metal, doom metal, black metal, death metal, thrash metal, metalcore, power metal. You absolutely cannot listen to one band from one genre and assume you understand the entirety. They all differ in style of playing, themes, imagery, etc
Let’s play the name game, list every metal band that you’ve listened to and let’s see if it’s more than 8
>pro tip you cant

what's my opinion on Bell Witch

The point is, you stupid pretentious neo-cocksucker, that you've already made up your mind about the genre before coming into this thread. Us posting bands that all metal fans would know of and you ADMITTING to not hearing them is proof that you're full of shit. It doesn't matter if you're "giving it a chance" in this thread because you're not going to pursue the music any further outside of this. You're not going to try to change your perspective on your own, you're just going continue on with the ill-informed conclusion you've already reached except now you'll have a pathetic mental-gymnastics tier justification for it.

>I DO listen to metal guys!

Kill yourself.

U need some carnivore in ur life soyboy

Dude normies have heard of all these genres. It has literally become a meme and buzzfeed and Vsauce do videos describing this shit. The dream is over man. Metal is commerical normie teir shit dude. Lady Gaga played with Metallica and it sums up the conversation. You can ramble on and on and get obscure but when it comes to it Metallica are the best of all the heavy bands. The drum lines are well written the aestics of the lead singers voice are the best. The subject manner is about war and shit. They checked all the boxes. That was the point of this entire thread. Slayer are the best metal band overall. Metallica were the better composers and thats why they moved outside of thrash, but thier trash was still epic as fuck. Your music is like every other genre. The greats are still the greats. Have some respect for your own clique and get real. Making you drum kit sound like a machine gun having a man growl like a demon and a guitar playing chromatic lines with 16th notes ist cheesey. Thats my point. You know it to be true. Search your true feelings. Those epic metallica intros. Harmonizing guitars. Pretty awesome dude. Pretty awsome. Then Clif died and they started to kinda suck. And justice was like when they turned into the Beatles. I cant beleive one of your aficianados here names it the number one on his list and left out slayer. Just goes to show. Youre a bunch of bozos. You cant even say what you think is good about your music. Most of it is pretty generic to be honest.

Fuck off, numale.

Everyone has heard your obscure music bud. It all sounds the same. You cant tell me these "singers" drummers and guitarists sound much different. Youre fucking dumb. You really are. you just dont see it. I have described you to a perfect T. I can articulate my points. You cant even describe music. You can only name drop bands and think youre hip and in the know. YOure like a total fag. And to be honest I ca pay any of this shit you send me and can tell you the notes being played. I just see more colours than you. Dont be jelly because someone who can see properly tells you your music looks like mud. You cant actually win the argument you created because you are unable to qualify yourself in any way. You are just deeming your self an authourity, but you are nothing more than another tard on the internet having an autistic outburst.

>slayer the best metal band
>being this much of a dumb nigger
Slayer is one of the best THRASH bands, but come the fuck on Death has an entire genre named for it

>Metal as a genre is more image than substance

>trying to throw in Star Wars references and getting them wrong
> “it’s totally le awesome”
>bozos
Go back the reddit and tip your fedora to some classical, brainlet

Here lets try again to salvage this. Instead of me and you guys butting heads and name calling. Just pick a piece of music and write about it. Everyone is waving the expert flag and then doesnt want to demonstrate anything or add value to the conversation. You prove my point by not accepting the challenge, You just be overjoyed someone wants to hear what you have to say, but it seems no one has anything to say other than ooga booga muh metal tribe.

What are your points again? That all metal sounds the same and that Slayer is the best metal band? How can you say that when you clearly are unfamiliar with metal as a whole? Can you describe to me what black metal or doom metal sounds like?

>normies have heard of those genres
Yeah normies like you who’ve HEARD OF THOSE genres and never listen to a single fucking one but think they understand metal by watching the Grammy awards

This post makes me think you've already dismissed the album.

>We know it has a fast tempo and it takes a high level of virtuosity to play this music

Lol. None So Vile IS unique buddy. Generally reasons people like it include the catchy, memorable riffs, energetic and harsh brutal growls and screams, structured songwriting, the insanely technical drumming, the lyrics, and probably a million other things. Now tell me how you would dismiss it please.

Why do you think exclusivity is somehow important to these people? They like this genre, because it is harder, darker and more aggressive than others. It makes these people feel good. Yeah you can boil that down to some subconscious need to express aggression, but you can accuse just any music of something similar. Why is metal any more about imagery than any other genre?

>you're dumb and gay and I can play better than you

Struck a nerve did I? Kill yourself.

My point is the imagery and themes presented in heavy metal marketing and merchadise overshadow the music. The music fails to really invoke the denomic and gorey undertones that are associated with the genre. For starters a big portion of the music is a write off because the vocalists fail to use a siging style that makes it easy to tell what is being communicated. Telling me the lyrics are great but I have to read them is the same as copout as radiohead. If your just going to make fucking noises as the vocal I as a listener am not focusing on the lyrics sorry I can only process so much data. Next there is an issue with tempo. Music communicates best at certain tempos. There is such a thing as too fast and too slow. Bands that resort to gymnastics are just avoiding music all together. The thing with being the best is if you are truly the best at something word gets out. Obscure music that doesnt communicate to mass audiences by musics intended purpose is a lower quality of music. The responsibilty to communicate is upon the entertainer not the consumer. You are doing the avante guard critic thing and it doesnt fly with me,

>I cant name names
So you're lying.