In my opinion the problem with DAMN...

In my opinion the problem with DAMN. is that the album is symptomatic of what Kendrick seemed to want to fight against in all of his previous work.

Kendrick Lamar is obviously more intelligent and moral than most of the nigger culture that surrounded him growing up. He made three albums that highlighted the probles of the black community in US, and strongly emphasized that the most important thing holding black people from creating a stable, normal community is niggers.

This toxic, primal, tribalistic society that's composed of unambitious people treating the law as just another 'gayng' they have to fight with, these shit fucking people who put down any black kid who tries to do something with their life, to get away from the gang and drug cesspool. The niggers drag these kids down to their level.

Kendrick thought that by shining some light on this, he could help the community he grew up in, as it's clear that he feels deep loyalty towards them (for some reason). Instead, he was accused by the black media of being racist, judgmental of blacks etc.

So instead of considering the nigger culture of America a lost cause, Kendrick retreated into cliche - in DAMN. he presented himself as a generic rapper, an alpha-posturing moron talking about 'the throne', pussy, and how much money he has.

DAMN. is what happens when niggers drag Kendrick Lamar down to their level. That's why I hate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fajHvUxNhn8?t=1h40m47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no one cares pussy boi

sorry, i thought this was a board about discussing music

look at all my grammys

yeah whats annoying about that is that he really shouldve just cut ties with the niggers and went on to do some more ambitious stuff but instead we got shit like BE HUMBOW SAT DAHWN

no album he could've made directly after tpab would ever live up the standard. it's honestly just filler. i say his next or probably 2-3 after this maybe would be tpab-level

the Grammys were one full damage control this year with all the niggers they had nominated

kendrick is like the teacher's pet of rap, the moralizing bitch
even when making a hype album he comes off as a dweeb

>this
TPAB was such a good album musically and conceptually. So much so that whatever Kendrick came out straight after would be not nearly as good.

Also it doesn't help that he's riding the massive hype train created by teens who can't differentiate the quality of his albums and will love whatever he puts out.

FEEL, ELEMENT, GOD, and LOYALTY should've been cut.

Sue me I like LOVE.

Love is the only song on there worth listening to

GOD, LOYALTY and ELEMENT are my three favourite tracks on the album.

>hear people call the beats on DAMN. "artsy, daring and intelligent"

Nigger ogga booga noises aren’t music

>White people trying to talk about music

>plays XXX. and PRIDE.

Based clueless joan triggering goblins

listening to DAMN after tpab is like putting on chief kief directly following stankonia. Really did feel like he listened all the people telling him tpab wasn't hood enough and decided to do an album of "bangers"

To be honest that is almost an innate narrative within Rap.
2pac was probably the most notorious for this "hypocrisy".

I get that the whole album isn't great, or at lest not impressive and concise like TPAB. However I love DNA, its so fucking good. How he picks apart the dichotomy of trying to help his community then getting blamed for being "part of the problem", and the underlying ongoing racist debate of "oh it just how -those- people are" ie. its in their DNA etc.

It's blasphemy, how many gon' blast for me?
I prophesied on my last song, you laughed at me
Oh, when the shit get brackin', don't you ask for me
How many leaders gon' tell you the truth after me?

And that's why you'll never get another TPAB. He does stadium tours and actually has to perform those songs and you can't. They don't work, at all besides like 3 of them. This is what literally every white person doesn't understand about rap. These artists tour these songs to thousands of people. You cannot do that rappity rap in my feelings shit. Even Drake doesn't do that shit. That's not what people are buying tickets to your shows to see. Honestly, you know the only rapper who gets away with that? Who packs arenas and stadiums and makes the entire show fucking depressing? J. Cole, the guy the internet loves to shit on the most.

youtu.be/fajHvUxNhn8?t=1h40m47s

And I cannot count the number of times that people have told me TPAB was "too smart" or has no replay value.

>he presented himself as a generic rapper, an alpha-posturing moron talking about 'the throne', pussy, and how much money he has.

Yeah, I don't listen to anybody who listens to to damn and draws that conclusion.

He should have just stayed with Black Hippie

See pic

>J. Cole
Kind of off subject, but the bass work on Crooked Smile is so fucking good.

>and concise like TPAB
it's funny because tpab is like a half hour longer

The problem is very fucking simple.

His previous album was critically acclaimed because it was stylistically adventurous.

This album isn't stylistically adventurous. Instead, it's shitty, annoying trap. This is especially glaring because he's done music that wasn't shitty trap in the past.

Imagine what you'd think if you found out Lil Pump had been a jazz prodigy and published poet before doing his album. How would that affect your perspective on Gucci Gang?

Lyrics alone can't make a piece great, it's the delivery of the lyrics and how this delivery interacts with the rest of the music that is of value (and the lyrics themselves are intertwined with this aspect, this is where they play their part)

you have no clue what you're talking about if you think the production on damn was "trap"

It was mumbly shit over a metronome. If that's some other genre than trap, I frankly don't care about the distinction because it's all so shitty that it doesn't deserve anyone's attention or respect.

You a problem, i hope you know that

>TPOB is new music so GUD
>DAMN is old music so BAD
durrr must be easy being you

Cont.

I would also say there's almost been a yin & yang to gangsta/conscious rap.

How things should be - and how things are

2pac leaned into the, "how things should be" and thats why he's bordering on martyrdom, akin to John Lennon.
Where as a Notorious BIG was almost the opposite, focusing on "how things are", defending dealing drugs, killing, womanising etc.

So when you say kendrick "presented himself as generic rapper, an alpha-posturing moron". Your probably right to an extent, but that doesn't mean he personally thinks that's righteous behaviour, maybe he's just exploring the other side. Something that any normal human being does if they want to understand any issues properly.

I don't know, maybe theirs some layers to this music, but then again maybe I'm wrong.
I will say though, he's not just coming out with, "money, clothes and hoes, is all a nigger knows" type lyrics which also makes me wonder what your heard from this album that I didn't?

That's not what I said at all. That's just completely bizarre, and not even remotely related to what I said. You must be really asspained. Please kill yourself, you retard.

Trying to talk shit about a genre by saying how little you know about it makes you look like a dumbass

I meant concise (might have used the wrong word) in the sense that DAMN feels like almost like an album of singles, where as TPAB feels like a proper listen though "album"

No, you're just a really asspained fan of a hilariously shitty genre.

When Kendrick dies people gonna be all over this album trust

its why i didnt bother replying to him

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and assume that to you trap starts with Lil Peep. I assume you don't consider TI trap, or that you have any concept of trap existing before about 3 years ago. That's the only way I can understand you not considering shit like HUMBLE to be trap.

>maybe he's just exploring the other side. Something that any normal human being does if they want to understand any issues properly.
I understand and respect the people who can recognize that resolving any issue requires you to examine all sides. However, to some issues there aren't two sides. There is no virtue in exploring perspective of a fucking animalistic moron, there is no virtue in exploring the perspective of flat earthers, these people are shallow retards.
Giving them the privilege of being treated seriously brings down the level of debate, it doesn't elevate it.

As for your last point, that's exactly the type lyrics I'm hearing here, just, you know, slightly less obnoxious, because Kendrick's a smart guy actively bowing down to the retards. HUMBLE. might just be the most embarassing thing he'll ever release

go fuck yourself, soyboy

Good, now that you googled trap we can have an actual discussion.

You called the entire album trap, which is retarded because there is no way you consider YAH, ELEMENT, FEEL, LOYALTY, PRIDE, LUST, LOVE, XXX, FEAR, and DUCKWORTH trap.

rappy-rap over boom beats can barely be considered music.
People like Young Thug are making real black music

I didn't google shit. Now you're trying to cover your own ass.

I concede that the album isn't just trap, but trap is a significant part of it. Keep acting like a bitch, though.

I've eaten more high quality red meat this month than you'd be able to afford in a couple of years

Either say something constructive or fuck back off to your insular circle, moron

I didn't list 3 songs, 3 songs is not a significant part of the album.

I don't know bout your first point
but tbf I skip humble all the time coz its bad, so yeh your right I forgot about that one

full house of thruth

Can't wait for next year. It's gonna be hysterical.

>listen to Kendrick for the first time recently
>he has a stupid voice I can't take seriously
And he's on the top of the game? What the fuck???

Big cavernous arenas aren't good for music. You have to pare down some things to create room for expansion in others. I blame management.

underrated

FEEL is the best song on the album though

He switches up his voice a lot. Well at least in gkmc and tpab, I listened to damn only once so I don't really remember how often he changes his voice