welp, that was a piece of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/v9AWkqRwd1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>villeneuve
should have been your first hint

but literally all his other movies are good

Villeneuve is a shit director.

Why? The whole insect invasion was great.

>ask a bunch of people who say it's a masterpiece to explain it to me
>none of them even try and instead say "I watched it so long ago, I don't remember it well" "WHAT'S WRONG 2DEEP4U" "You're supposed to figure it out on your own" etc

Really made me think

The only critical thing I can tell about this movie is that it is trying to hard to emulate something Lynch and Cronenberg have already done without having the aritistic "spirit" of those directors (at least in their earlier works). It tries too hard in somepoint and feels to constructed.

Otherwise it's a nice little psychlgical mystery thriller.

They're really not. He tends to streamline and cut corners with regards to morality and complex issues in the most retarded, simple minded way, possible and he has no trademark visual style, because it's all Deakins which is a one trick pony DOP

Did you fuck my wife? DID YOU FUCK MY WIFE?

fpbp

Fuck you, I liked it even though it was different from what the book was about

the terrible poster should've tipped you off

I liked it, even though I didn't understand it at all when I watched it.

It was one of the best of 2013 u goddamn child

youtu.be/v9AWkqRwd1I
youtu.be/v9AWkqRwd1I
youtu.be/v9AWkqRwd1I

Sometimes I wonder if all those analysis of movies are right, or whether it's just a movie about a dude with another dude that looks like him and spiders

ITT autist philistines

im gay and even i want to fuck this bitch. what the fuck?

If you know anything about the director, he does these types of movies often. Plebs just don't understand it half the time.

I get it, it was obvious when I first watched the movie. It was more of a general comment on movies that seem to get autistic levels of analysis done on them.

I dug the movie though I totally understand if someone hates it. It starts off with a cool little Twilight Zone premise but ends up being kind of a total cocktease.

I also remember being really impressed with the cinematography. Toronto is probably the most boring looking city on Earth but Villeneuve and his DP managed to find a way to make it look cool on a really low budget.

Spiders represent women.

Spiders aren't insects they're reptiles.

enemy is a patrician film, sicario is pleb garbage, too bad for you OP, just stick to plebeian movies from now on OP, also explanations are not required for patrician films

Sicario is far from being pleb garbage, you fucking idiot.

They're both shit, evident by the fact they're both by Villeneuve.

Ville is one of the better directors of our time, why all the hate?

He is basically Peter Berg or Ron Howard who thinks he is smart.

>toronto in the poster
>villeneuve

a fucking leaf

you shoulda known

Wrong, he's more a kin to Fincher.

Just because Deakins apes how Fincher shoots digital doesn't mean Villeneuve is close to Fincher.

>Edgy: The Post

All these autistically passionate Villeneuve haters are the best

>HE'S SO SHIT
>IMDB TIER SHIT DIRECTOR WOW

And never an actual argument on why is his directing shit, just buzzword whining.

>inb4 someone says something about the narrative that he doesn't like thinking that's bad "directing"

>t. triggered villeneuve pleb

But he is closer to Fincher than most directors working today, he's also far from being a pseud like Nolan.

>Unable to refute: the post

>buzzword whining

Just form an actual sentence with arguments why do you think his directing is bad compared to others

>Stuckmann
Please, his interpretation is shit. You only need to watch his OGF "explained video" to know it.

>He tends to streamline and cut corners with regards to morality and complex issues
Where specifically do you see the "cut corners" in regards to morality? The lack of exposition?
Even Armond White, who only talks about morals and politics in his every review, absolutely loved both Sicario and Arrival.

>has no trademark visual style, because it's all Deakins
Polytechnique, Incendies and Arrival were not with Deakins and they still look like Villeneuve movies becase of the shot composition, framing and editing.
Enemy, Prisoners and Sicario are not even half of his filmography.

Jake looks like Gerard Butler in that poster.