Swans is for friendless twenty-somethings who get stoned by themselves, wander into a CVS at 2 am...

Swans is for friendless twenty-somethings who get stoned by themselves, wander into a CVS at 2 am, see a guy who's probably around 50 but is so haggard he looks older than 70. They decide they have some sort of bond with this guy. See, this guy didn't let them get to him. He followed his own path. His wrinkles are his battle scars in the war for authenticity.

Then they try to talk to the guy and he deliberately avoids them.

If you want to know how boring and pretentious this band is, their live show is Will Toledo's personal favorite.

This band is the shittiest, most pretentious mess of a band in indie music's fucking history.
Their most acclaimed albums are literally comprised of about 10% songwriting, and 90% droning guitar loops. This fucking scam artist Michael Gyro or whatever the fuck his name is has perfected the art of scamming pretentious """"music"""" listeners out of their cash by writing one goddamned bridge and repeating it for thirty minutes, while occasionally shouting, and then selling it on vinyl for an arm and a leg.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ikCCQFKvYcc
youtu.be/y-E9mTwwnD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know what? Let's talk about his fucking voice. MC Ride seems like a goddamned 16th century opera singer, compared to this guy - You want to call him homeless? Jesus Christ, half of the lyrics on any given Swans song are just this fifty year old cowboy wannabe shouting in the most irritating, meth-addict esque voice he can possibly fucking muster (Which is impressive, because the premise of a band where half of the songs are ONE FUCKING MELODY LOOPED FOR TWENTY MINUTES is already the most annoying fucking thing I've ever seen).

People literally watch this man and his "band" play one chord for half an hour while the drummer lightly taps his high hats while he screams "FUCK FUCK FUCK CUNT FUCK FUCK FUCK CUNT" and say "WOW I NEED TO BUY THIS ON VINYL, EVEN IF IT TAKES ALL THE MONEY I MADE FROM WORKING AT STARBUCKS LAST WEEK".

I dare you, I fucking dare you to find ONE message or theme of interest or any kind of remote fucking meaning of worth in any song by Swans (I'm not saying "Swans song" because that's what they want and fuck them). ONE. ONE FUCKING THEME OR PIECE OF LYRICAL CONTENT that isn't incoherent rambling or curse words. Yet you see them compared to other bands like they're some high quality, meaningful thing.

They should go back and just make an album based off of the end of A Piece of the Sky. You know that Gira isn't really some big tough conservative douche like he makes himself out to be, you know that he wants to settle down and have a nice little jangle folk outfit. And you know what? He should. It sucks in the first place but it least it isn't him and four people battering expensive instruments while he shouts expletives.

It says a lot about the state of music when some old guy can pick up a guitar, play the same riff for 30 minutes straight, take a break to yell at the listener in French and also fuck around with horse noises while being hailed as a musical genius and given the best review scores by white 20something hipsters on the internet

i genuinely agree with this 100%

Nice

yes

swans bad

shark boyz 4 ever
shark boyz 4 LIFE

he doesn't think he's hot shit tho so how is what he does pretentious?

MC Gyro

>I dare you, I fucking dare you to find ONE message or theme of interest or any kind of remote fucking meaning of worth in any song by Swans
Alright.
youtu.be/ikCCQFKvYcc
Fame and money spoils the mind, there's one message.

Dank pasta. Saved.

Even so, Some Things We Do is profound in its simplicity. I can't think of another song that captures the whole of what it means to be human so succinctly. youtu.be/y-E9mTwwnD4

As a huge swans fan I have to agree on this one. Post 2010 swans has been really bad. Only good album they release my father will guide me a rope to the sky, and the glowing man. To be kind has to be the worst album from them also along with the seer.

But my god, white light, the great annihilator, sftb, children of god has to be his best works, also his side projects angels of light.

swans are bad
you like swans
you are bad
too

i enjoy the music of Swans but ever since the allegations about Gira being a rapist i just can't listen to it on my own

with titles like "raping a slave"... i have an instinct that says i need to side with the victim and it just feels fucked up

i actually went to a concert this fall and it was possibly the best i've ever been to

i know my gf, who went with me and loves them, would be devastated if she found out so i just went with her and didnt say anything

it's an uncomfortable position

I dont think its true considering who the allegations came from.

I have heard the reasons not to believe them. I really want to believe it isn't true, and I understand if people don't believe he did it, but I am seriously worried about silencing a real victim if it did happen

the uncertainty about it is enough to make me uncomfortable as hell

If the allegations are true I like their music even more now.
It's pretentious yes, and I like it

Swans are douchebags who make pretentious music for douchebags.

Looks like Swans is 2deep4u. Seems like Swans has inspired you on some level.

If it buttblasts plebeians this hard it must be good.

Separate the artist from the art

This

Early Swans is boring
Post-SftB Swans is dogshit
Children of God to SftB is fantastic

>projecting