How do you feel about the fact that My Bloody Valentine once played 30 minutes of pure noise and feedback...

How do you feel about the fact that My Bloody Valentine once played 30 minutes of pure noise and feedback, at a volume of about 130db (that's about as loud as an aircraft carrier taking off) and gave several of their fans hearing damage?
youtu.be/yqUTUacZoC4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8GcdtkSPdPw
youtube.com/watch?v=_po0RTKjsC8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudest_band
youtube.com/watch?v=GXTaiQZWHWs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Total audio assault. More brutal than a Swans show. I love it.

damn, the people in that comments section are moisting themselves up over 130dB as if playing that loud is "cool".
It's as cool as getting so drunk you shit yourself.

damn this is punk rock as FUCK

pussies
>tfw humans' ears are still so sensitive and fragile that all the soyboy cucks would be instantly deafened if we ever got another krakatoa-tier sound
mbv is training you

"It's one of those things where, it was full volume
and for the first three minutes it's like 'oh okay this is kind of cool.'
Then you're like 'This is really too much. I wish they'd fucking stop.'
And then at about 7 minutes it actually became kind of funny.
And about 10 minutes in you start actually getting into it."

- Billy Corgan

Have you heard any of My Bloody Valentine's EPs or just Loveless? They get pretty punk sometimes. Here's the original song, without the 30 minutes of noise obviously.
youtu.be/8GcdtkSPdPw

Probably because MBV are a shit band who makes shit music. The fact that people paid to see these hacks is hilarious. I'm sure the sound of tinnitus they got from that show is magnitudes better than any album that MBV has ever made.

punk =/= retarded

Mate, they have some fantastic albums and EPs. I'm not just talking about Loveless either. Isn't Anything, You Made Me Realise, Tremolo, and Ecstasy are all great records. I even enjoy their old post-punk stuff.

It’s in the context
Getting drunk and shitting yourself is weak, but if a music made you shy yourself that would be awesome music

Fucking cunts, is what they are.

>My Bloody Valentine once played 30 minutes of pure noise and feedback, at a volume of about 130db
Fucking awesome.
>gave several of their fans hearing damage
If they did this without warning, that's not cool.

I love My Bloody Valentine, I love noise music, and I love extreme/dangerous art that pushes art to the limits and challenges what's acceptable, but I think doing it without warning is wrong. If they told fans that they would be playing this loud, and fans still paid to be there, and showed up without earplugs, that's not the band's fault. If they just blew out a bunch of people's ears without warning, that's wrong.

They gave Tim Smith from Cardiacs a stroke

How does it feel being wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=_po0RTKjsC8

lmao

Unless you're an idiot you don't go to a MBV concert unprepared.

Is MBV really louder than Swans? I thought Swans usually played around 140dB.

>Deleting plebs who don't bring hearing protection to concerts
Brillian

This. Would leave and demand by money back after 5 minutes. That shit's not cool.

They deserve it

>(that's about as loud as an aircraft carrier taking off)

The absolute state of American education

I think its fucking rude.

Earplugs are freely available in about every concert venue I've ever been too, maybe not outdoors/fests, but inside venues might be legally required to give them out in the UK

Americans have giant planes that carry and deploy smaller jets. Sorry your navy can't keep up, britbong.

douchebags with some karma coming there was is all it is. It's one thing to play regular music too, loud, everyones got a different tolerance for dB and it is what it is. However just playing garbage noise, at full blast for the sake of being "hardcore" is some ignorant shit.

In saying that, if you were dumb enough to stand in the audience for that 30mins, you deserve to go deaf

130db is not as loud as an aircraft and if people went to a MBV show without earplugs then it's their own fault

Can you fucking read? It says Aircraft Carrier TAKING off. Aircraft Carriers dont TAKE off you fucking imbecile. They FLOAT.

I think they are being genuine as opposed to being hardcore, Kevin just likes playing loud and has talked about transcendental states and that.
Anyway is he playing a J Mascis Jazzmaster?

They do in America.

this.

get real
dB is a logarithmic scale, it's like saying there had been an 11 earthquake on richter scale

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudest_band
some came close to 140 though

>once
This is common knowledge that they do it at all their shows

I feel that they aren't musically literate to the level needed to make 'noise' sections effective.

>When your country is so poor you can't afford to employ basketball-Americans to design your aircrafts

Look in the mirror and ask that again, buddy :^)

I had to look it up but youre actually right. The DO have flying aircraft carriers in America. You learn something new every day.

Now please go kill your family, then yourself.

Came close to feinting watching...The Beautiful South.
I don't know how but the guy's bass was hitting the resonant frequency of my skeleton. Every time he played a note, it was like being punched, hard, in the chest. Which isn't really the feeling you're going for with rye tunes about failed romances. Or maybe it is.

Best show ever.

MBV confirmed for trve et cvlt.

No, Kevin Shields just has a vintage 60s regular Fender Jazzmaster that happens to be white with a gold pickguard.

Flying aircraft carrier is so stupid. Ships have always been the true backbone of humanity.

I saw Swans and MBV a few times in the late 80's. Swans probably in 1988.
Swans were the loudest thing I ever saw. It was like a constant wall pressing against you, but very very clear at the same time.
MBV was unbelievably loud, but it was more a textured screeching. You had to settle in and relax, then it was peaceful. People ran for the doors early.
Both of them felt louder than Motorhead, but none of it gave me tinnitus. I survived for a long time, even the rave era when everybody had their head in a bass bin. Eventually got permanent damage in one ear from a dub system notorious for fucking everybody up.

Protect your ears, even if you get away with it for a long time it builds up. If a system has very high tops that feel instantly shitty and very loud, get out of there.

Funny enough, that's how Ian MacKaye described the Motorhead concert he went to in the early 80s.

Never would have thought the Beautiful South would be loud in concert.

>if the artist knows what hes doing and doesnt just boost the bass get out

I think its awful.

A guy I know saw them in the early 90s on a US tour. He said they said something like "we hate america and we want to fuck your ears up" or something like that, cranked all the amps, set the guitars on them to feedback, and left the stage.

pretty rude, but funny.

Hes probably really just like that

Neato, its a pretty cool look

You can see on their faces how they go from "ok it's kinda loud but I'm into it" to "make it stop pls"

That was like 10 years ago

Do they still sounding as bad as in that video?

Kind of a dick move. Nobody seems to be really enjoying themselves and it seems they're being loud just to be loud.

There's really no reason any music should be performed at that loudness. Everyone in the comments jizzing over the fact they were "transported to another state, man" are moronic. Have fun with your fucking tinnitus. It's like when we were kids and we'd would eat super hot peppers or eat really sour candy to seem cool and get attention.

lol no wonder you're being replaced by mohammeds

They do the Holocaust section in 'you made me realize' every show. I saw them 10 years ago in Seattle. Was front row center pushed right up against the barricade with no earplugs in just letting myself get washed in harsh noise. No tinnitus either so suck it faggots.

>once

Welcome to art

>aircraft carrier taking off
This is an aircraft carrier actually taking off lad. Then reaching 20,000 miles an hour.
The roof blew off the press building five miles away.
youtube.com/watch?v=GXTaiQZWHWs

That isn't art. It's some retarded Irishman's idea of art.