Learning parent's language

my mother is german. how do i learn the language from her? i'm tired of being a monolingual cuck.

>English
>German parents

Unprecedented cuck levels

kys

Immersion, but would be impossible without proper classes.

scottish, you nig

>how do i learn the language from her?
Well, did you tried to... ask her?

I don't see a Scottish flag

just ask her to teach you Arabic t.bh, I bet she'll be very enthusiastic to teach it

check your IQ first, if its under 110 every german will look down on you, so there would be little point in learning the language

oh wow, never thought of this, thanks french user

132, officially tested

You're welcome, fortunately I'm here.

I really like the Extra Auf Deutsch videos on youtube

how much do you currently understand? if you can understand a fair bit of german ask her to start talking to you mostly in german. if you don't know anything, ask her how to say basic phrases and shit. but step one has to be telling her you want to learn german you fucking autist

0, ofc i've told her you fuck, i just don't know how to go about learning it

Shut up new zealand

List:
NEVER ask /deutsch/ for advice (also don't post in /deutsch/)
Consume german dubbed media
Ask your mother (don't know the family situation, how she would react)
German books (better books you already know)
And of course the usual stuff: language learning websites, vocabulary etc

find a class you fucking moron

Why are you telling him to not go to your general?

Don't go to /deutsch/

Why didn't she speak German with you when you were younger? It would have been super easy for you to learn at the time. Now that you're 14, it's going to be a bit harder. But you could try going to your local Goethe institute and see if they offer any classes.
Also Duolingo, memrise, FSI, etc. Check the Sup Forums wiki.

Don't learn deutsch

Because it's a cancer general full of brainlet uni student filth who are rude to all foreigners, especially anglos.

The older Trump children don't speak Czech, even though their mother was Czech. Sometimes kids want to assimillate

> how do i learn the language from her?

Your parents both only communicate in their respective native languages to you as a young child and force you to reply in these when talking to them.

You are an adolescent or young adult now? Well, sorry the immersion train has passed. You can blame your mother for not taking this unique opportunity by making the effort to raise you bilingually.

You have to study the language as an adult like everyone else and if your mother isn't a teacher then you can use her to practice every once in a while, nothing more. She won't be able to teach you the language.