Why hasn't there been a classic Hip-Hop revival movements?

Rock has seen plenty of retro revival movements, why don't people involved with Hip-Hop do something similar? I'm talking samples and turntables.

Would be pretty dope in comparison to all these wack ass suckers in modern Hip Hop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBpvp0xlRw
youtube.com/watch?v=6AnRDYLvP1o
youtube.com/watch?v=BBTcFl_WYtw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrS7VC_Uqrs
youtube.com/watch?v=TbGcmjSNTq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boom bap is boring

>acting is if there aren't a shitload of boom-bap revivalists

Hip hop is about biting heels of old generations not replicating them BAKA

you don't hear about them because they suck ass

he's talking specifically about retro hip-hop culture like scratching, breakdancing, graffiti drawing and the like

yeah brehs it doesn't bump in the whip like trippie redd. old shit FOH

We've had various reworkings of the boom bap sound since goddamn Liquid Swords.

There's nothing wrong with Boom Bap.
What hip hop do you like?

So was rock.

Also literally every new conscious rapper gets compared to Nas or Ice Cube.

wasn't dissing boom-bap, just countering OP's "hip-hop hasn't had any revivalist stuff happen" by pointing out boom-bap revivalism does exist

and as far as "samples and turntables"/"retro hip-hop culture" goes, people have still been referencing the four elements for decades

el atrocidad...

I'm not sure. Scratch cuts are pretty badass, they should be more common.
youtube.com/watch?v=rrBpvp0xlRw

Hip Hop should keep on progressing.
I rather it do that instead of be on Autopilot if a revival movement happens.

No. Rock aint the same. 50s generation like chuck berry and ike turner had flowers laid at their feet except for some autist on Sup Forums, the 80s generation of hip hop are forever trash(ed)

It badly needs to change, improve or fuck off completely.

Hip-hop doesn't age that well and there's a number of economic, cultural, and demographic reasons for there not being any hip-hop equivalent of CRR.

black people aren't nostalgic like whites are

I'm sure they/they'll pop up, but like the retro rock they'll never get too much attention, coz its too pastiche.

>Would be pretty dope in comparison to all these wack ass suckers in modern Hip Hop.
dig deeper OP we've had these revivals going on for at least the past 10 years ffs

Looking at trippie redd is pretty much what id imagine cp or a snuff video to feel like.

just look at Bruno Mars, he's pretty funk pop "retro" and look how that all turned out

Is Migos the 2010's version of NWA?

Nah migos can only make hits
and none of them can stand on their own
different breed

>what is memphis rap

Soyboy rappers of now a days are afraid of real hip hop artists like NWA. Hip Hop is a copout genre these days.

>soyboy rappers now a days
>nwa
dr dre was a faggot mean while rappers now are actual hitters like tay-k dumb cracker

Sampling and turntable scratching never died out but did get much less common when old musicians from the '60's and '70's realized that they can sue the rappers for sampling them or at least get a pay check and a writing credit on a song/single/album. Here is a good modern rap song with samples, a white ukranian dude that's been living in NYC since he was like 3, and ''has the voice of Nas combined with The Game'' if you believe the cucked fags who can't accept that he's dope on his own and better than anything Nas did in the last 7-8 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=6AnRDYLvP1o

youtube.com/watch?v=BBTcFl_WYtw

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrS7VC_Uqrs

And as for the ''NWA is real shit'' meme -

Dr. Dre didn't write his own lyrics
Ice Cube didn't write his own lyrics
Eazy-E (you already know)

And they're all studio thugs except Eazy and Ren.

>Ice Cube didn't write his own lyrics
Source?

youtube.com/watch?v=TbGcmjSNTq8

i wish the outrageous tales of violence and crime were still fantastical tales from the hood meant to shed light on a serious problem.

now any random criminal can grunt about his very real criminal activity and get an atomic social media feedback dopamine loop going in addition to his illicit money.

this is inevitable with the decentralization of the music industry away from major label power to a large extent, and obviously there were criminal old school rappers too or whatever. i just think "the culture" is a bunch of retarded children leading other retarded children into retarded ass shit at the moment. the most bitter aspect is the drug abuse, we'll need a few more lil peeps before the collective seriously tries to tackle it if they ever do. i hate this part the most, average regular people are dying around us from this shit constantly but we need a loud clown idol to die before we start caring. again, children leading children so what are you gonna do.

a lot of it slaps in the whip tho.