Expected this to be some lame sci-fi drama with shit acting

>expected this to be some lame sci-fi drama with shit acting
>watch all 10 episodes in 2 days
>its one of the most amazing fucking shows ive ever seen in my life
>have to wait over a year for season 2
>tfw you were born too soon to live in a world where this kind of technology exists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ijyg42ssg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>this is a 10 in WW

Not that I wouldn't.

She's objectively a 10.

What do u think of my angry face?

>2016
>talking shit
>about my waifu

Seems like if they would just jack up the bulk apperception and other attributes, and stop erasing their minds, they would be fully sentient

Your waifu is a whore

Doesn't look like anything to me

>720p

I like it

you're waifu is a chad slut
youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ijyg42ssg

>all those views
>no Westworld memes in the comments

What a cringe commercial

>>expected this to be some lame sci-fi drama with shit acting
It is some lame sci-fi drama with shit acting

Congratz ur a fucking pleb. Nearly everythign but the production quality was shit.

>"His love is real, and so is mine!"
>tfw your waifu will never say that about you

Why even live, bros?

Jokes on you faggot, I have recommended to all my friends that they watch every episode except the last one to spare them the try hard Lost faggotry.

Show was amazing till the last episode, horrible setup, I bet they realized through episode 8 that they weren't doing a 13 episode show but 10. And fucking dropped the ball, haha.

>you will never install gentoo on fridgefu

>I bet they realized through episode 8 that they weren't doing a 13 episode show

You do realise that they filmed the whole thing in one go, right? A production like this isn't made "episode by episode", so it's obvious they had the entire script planned out in advance.

Well, then they had just a cool concept that everybody was in to, but no idea how to execute the ending properly.

Which makes you a shit showrunner.

What is a fridgefu?

It's an ending that dovetails neatly into season 2. Honestly, everything came together organically, so I don't know what anyone's expecting.

She's attractive in an...unconventional way

I didn't really buy William's transformation into the MiB

Hopefully that will be explained but it will have to be done expertly

This show makes no sense

What's not to get about it?

>Hopefully that will be explained
It was explained. Very clearly. I swear you faggots shitpost on Sup Forums while watching shows and movies. It's no wonder you have stupid questions like this.

I don't get how he would go from being such a softie for Delores, to the ruthless rape machine he is.

>Hopefully that will be explained
It was explained about as well as it could've been. It's just not a particularly convincing or riveting twist. It wasn't graceful at all, and as much as I liked Simpson I think the show devoted far too much time on William's backstory. I don't think it served much of a purpose.

That was Will's true self. Will is pretty much the "nice guy". You know, the type that most anons are. They act meek and nice to people to get their favor but on the inside they are assholes. All it took was the adventure was Delores but his breaking point was when he saw Delores after she was raped/killed back in the main town. She didn't recognize him and was sweet with some other guest.
What's tragic is she still remembers his love after all those years. But inside Will it's nothing but a distant memory.

Most of the people get Will and MiB, but not Hopkins, he stayed the same age for 30 years and seemed to hop timelines.

But my main gripe about the show is that it really didn't seem to give a fuck about it's own rules at the end. Pistols shoot androids but when androids shoot humans it bruises them? But humans can just swap pistols around and still kill androids. So are there two kinds of pistols or are the androids made out of paper mache? Or what the fuck was going on.

They just gave you arbitrary fuckery and tried to pull off a M. Night. But those things always are pieces of shit that only teenagers who think Matrix is deep like.

>seemed to hop timelines
Young Hopkins looked young though. Go back to the scene where Bernardbot is brought online for the first time.

>pistols paragraph
The pistols are the same but the bullets are they key. It's never really explained and I don't think it has to be. Personally I think the bullets are like rubber bullets but when they hit a Host the host's code allows it to become a normal gunshot wound. But that also doesn't make sense because Tosmartfu had Hector dig a crumpled bullet out of her abdomen and it was clearly metal.
Fuck it. I don't have a good answer to that complaint.

I think the idea is that the bullets have something like miniature explosives, or perhaps the gun does, that disintegrates the bullet if it's pointed at a human.

Dolores can't act for shit, at least the black whore and the old William are decent.
Bernard being a host was a bit called for

Theres a scene in which you can see old will shooting a host trough a wall, without piercing the wall
It's some software fuckery

>He doesn't know. I didn't tell him anything.

I dunno who she is talking to

>Bernard being a host was a bit called for
I saw it coming a mile away desu

>720p

Nice subtle bait.

That was using the LeMat's shotgun barrel too. The only time I've ever seen a LeMat used that way.

You're a fag

What is it like to fuck a sentient robot?

I suspected it from the line from Smokefu about "trying to act more human".

We are all sentient robots.

OK, I have to look at Hopkins again. Though if it was used with that computer uncanny valley stuff, it was done good, because I really didn't catch it, that effect rarely escapes anyone. So good it was addressed subtly enough that it doesn't give the whole thing up.

I brought up the pistols, because if you are trying to do this twisty foockery, it usually only works in books, which the writers take years to hone and write, so they are very good at adhering to their own rules. Few exceptions in movies are ones where the writers and creators have been honing it for years.

But usually, when you just hammer out a show or a movie, please leave this shit out. Because there isn't enough time to abide by every rule you make. Though, the pistol stuff was basically mandatory in a western show. Otherwise you'd have to make the hosts miss the guests for the same effect.

There were so many breaks to the rule that it took me out of the show completely. I was just frustrated how badly it was explained and how loosely it was used in the writing. Sorry, I'm a stickler for these kind of things.

When the chick who went to the abandoned warehouse and vanished. After that I was sure Bernard was a host. But I suspected that he was Arnold from the beginning, didn't just know how they would pull it off.

>wasting 3GBs on that memeshow
>crying for bigger snapshot s eventhozgh you only view it on your phone screen
>wanting hq 8k picture eventhough thread is sgaed in a couple of hours

>

They're fucking future guns. The guns probably know if they are being aimed at a host or a guest and function differently in response. Maybe the bullets are super high-tech too. I imagine they're made of some kind of material that is hard as metal when a host gets shot, but turns soft as rubber when a guest is shot.

Are you really so autistic to give a thumbs down on a show for a small detail like that? Some things are best left with no given concrete explanation.

Dol was good in ep01

>mfw too intelligent for this thread

The guns were just one aspect that I had problems with, but it's the most blatant. There were many own rules broken in this show IMO.

But fine, it's a show in the future.

Now that you mention it, and I remembered the finale, the guns make no sense at all. The guns were the exact same yet now they are able to penetrate human bodies instead of only causing bruises because reasons? Ford was shot in the head and Will was grazed on the arm.
Also if you remember, the viewer was told that the hosts can't badly harm a guest. Logan was beat up but looked just fine a day later. But Delores hurts Will's arm badly enough in the church that he's still sore during the banquet at night.

Because the hosts are evolving and becoming sentient. Once they reach a certain stage they completely ignore the rules meant to control them. The reason they can hurt people is the same reason they no longer respond to voice commands and can't be put to sleep. Logan got beat up because they were on the outer edges of the park where the experience is "more intense". Even the non-evolved hosts can harm someone, but not kill them.

As for the hosts' guns being set from stun-to-kill in the finale, your guess is as good as mine but I'm sure it's related to what I just explained. And keep in mind that Maive was fucking around with all the hosts, and before her some mysterious person was fucking around with them.

Westworld is the L O S T of this generation

Dare I say it, in Ice Age 2:Meltdown way?

there is definitely more to the guns they have to explain. It all seems sloppy but I gotta hunch about why there are red guns for security and why delores is drawn to that one specific gun. they set it up for kind of another twist later.

Yea I didn't make myself clear, I know that's why Delores was able to actually harm Will. I was just throwing that fact out there.

>from stun to kill
That might actually make sense. It is the future, maybe the guns have a sensor on the grip that detect Guests vs Hosts and changes their lethality accordingly.
The mysterious person was Ford posing as his old friend and partner Arnold.

ya I didnt make sense why she vocalized this alone maybe she was talking to a fly on the wall.

>tfw you were born too soon to live in a world where this kind of technology exists
In-universe the park opened this year