Watching the Star Wars flicks for the first time in chronological order, why didn't he say SHEEV IS THE TRAITOR?

Watching the Star Wars flicks for the first time in chronological order, why didn't he say SHEEV IS THE TRAITOR?

He was going to die anyway and Anakin hesitated, giving him a moment in which he could have spoken. Even if the Jedi Counsil didn't believe him, which they might have given how they were supposed to watch the senate more closely, it would have made them think at least a little bit.

the sith always betraying each other is stupid

He had a lot of loyalty for a hired gun

Why did Dooku ask Obi-Wan to join him in Attack of the Clones? Dooku is one of the most poorly written characters in the prequels.

He did originally say something in the lines of "You promised me amnesty!" to Palpatine, but I believe Christopher Lee talked Lucas into cutting it out because he thought it was out of charcter.

It better explained in the book. Basically Dooku didn't expect Palpi will sacrifice him to bring Anakin to the Dark Side and beleived that Palpatin will stop Anakin at the last second before execution.

Cuz Anakin would say"lol who's Sheev" then chop off his head.

I really wish Stover had written the script for the movie, he turned that absolute shitshow into something decent.

maybe palpy was choking him

It's a Sith way. They search for apprentice to help them kill their master or to do dirty work for them. Dooku with Obi-wan's help could easily kill Sheev - Obi-wan was stupid not to join him

>It's a Sith way. They search for apprentice to help them kill their master
Is this even a thing in canon? I get the rule of two is canon, but does it explicitly say you have to kill your master?

>Dooku with Obi-wan's help could easily kill Sheev
Uh no.

wanting power is a base of Sith philosophy, of course everyone following it will want to kill their master and take his spot

>mfw there are people who watched the prequels before the originals

The rule of two is fucking retarded. Given that the apprentice will always try to betray the master or vice-versa, what is the incentive for ever taking on an apprentice in the first place? Either you'll have to kill him, making it a complete waste of time, or he'll end up killing you, which I assume you don't want.

But that's just an assumption.
There's only 6 Darths in Canon and the only one that killed his master was Sheev. I don't remember anyone wanting to kill their master other than Vader.

>Given that the apprentice will always try to betray the master or vice-versa,
Citation Needed

By taking on only one apprentice which will eventually get stronger than and kill you, it benefits the Sith in a few ways:
1.Keeps the number of Sith low to prevent them being noticed as a major threat by the Jedi.
2. Guarantees that each generation of the Sith will be more powerful than the last.
3.Makes sure that the Sith Order will never die out so there is always someone to further their goals.(destroying the Jedi/taking over the galaxy)

>Sith lord does not take aprentice
>Sith lord has difficulties in doing anyhing because it's only him
>Sith lord dies in a fight or of old age
>no more Sith
BRAVO

Blame the rule of two for setting up the game so that the only winning move is not to play

I get why, in broad strokes, the rule of two exists. But rather than being literally "there can only ever be two" it should've been that each master can only ever have one apprentice. It'd work the exact same way, and there would still be very few sith, but the main difference is that there would no longer be any reason to kill your master before taking on a trainee of your own.

The order I watched: VI>IV>I>V>II>III

HEY DOOKU

DON'T LOSE YOUR HEAD

>Blame the rule of two for setting up the game so that the only winning move is not to play

If lords would take multiple apprentices, they would only band together to kill the master sooner and in result all apprentices would be shit. killing the master is in Sith nature, but Rule of Two makes sure that at least the effects of it are beneficial to the Sith in general because the student is more powerful than master to be able to kill him.

>there would no longer be any reason to kill your master before taking on a trainee of your own.
there would be, when you are sith, you want the political, financial and military power your master has, and to take it you have to take him out to inherit it.

>which I assume you don't want.
The desire is for the Sith to remain strong and grow infinitely stronger. Your apprentice becoming strong enough or clever enough to kill you only benefits the sith in the long run,

That's just the way of thinking for the sith.

it's to stop infighting because with a huge order of sith nothing would get done since everyone would be plotting against each other.

rule of two isn't perfect but it increases the strength of the sith over generations. and if you don't take an apprentice you risk destroying the sith forever. the sith still follow a code.

We get it you watched the Jenny video

Too bad he couldn't talk :(

I watched TFA before any Star Wars movie. I don't like old movies.

>Sheev killed his master
>Both Dooku and Vader wanted to kill Sheev and take his place

Maul was probably more loyal because of dark side magic of his mother.

>it's to stop infighting because with a huge order of sith nothing would get done since everyone would be plotting against each other.
But the rule of two literally encourages infighting because you have to kill your master before taking on an apprentice of your own.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

He didn't say anything because he still believed in the plan between him and sheev.

if he told anakin the truth he may have told the jedi and had sheev killed which would ruin the plan.

sheev knew this. dooku was powerless to do anything.

When did Dooku want to kill Sheev?

He was a replacement for Darth Jar Jar, that's why his existence made little sense overall

He didn't. He was too influenced by his years as a member of the Jedi council to follow the Sith ways. That's why he died. He wasn't fit to be a Sith Lord in the long term.

>what are holocrons
oh wait, retconned stuff.

Because Dooku saw himself as the good guy with the righteous cause. And since Obi-Wan had been the padawn of his padawan he felt there was a good chance of getting Obi-Wan to see it his way.

>Hey kid, want to join the sith?
>Depends, who else is a member?
>It's you and me now
>Oh...never mind then

The Sith has a big wankfest about betraying each other because of the rule of two brought in by Bane (?) which was only introduced after the fact to explain why the Sith are so wanky about betraying each other.
Originally, the idea of sith constantly betraying each other is because betrayal is bad and sith are bad.

true but it's on a much smaller scale and promotes natural selection.

if an entire council ruled the sith there would be constant fighting among each other, people would make alliances and take sides, no actual ruling or becoming more powerful would happen, just nothing getting done.

with rule of two you take an apprentice, once they gain enough knowledge and power to kill you, they have become more powerful than you which strengthens the sith. and the cycle continues.

RECORD SCRATCH
FREEZE FRAME

If there's only two sith they're still taking a massive risk

>jedi kill Sith master
>kill his apprentice as well
>oops, Sith are gone forever

Uhh,you let your hands down i see.

The sith were in hiding for 1000 years.

Gonna ask this again:

If ever the time would come that they produced a Sith Lord so powerful that he could steamroll the Galaxy with impunity, then what? What's going to happen with the Rule of Two by then?

He kills all but one other Sith. Then keeps killing the Siths he trains as a new more powerful Sith fella becomes up-and-rising.
The Rule of Two is broken af.

you cant learn everyhing from holocrons, like you cannot become kung-fu mastser or master piano player by only watching youtube tutorials

that's technically the point of the rule of two. to keep strengthening the sith.

i guess in idea he would keep taking apprentices and killing them when they try to kill him

There is no rule of "if one forceuser joined dark side and gained apprentice you can't do the same"

Though i wish Snoke will be of other tradition, cmon Rian you said you liked prequels, then do something original, may be with goin in few places too much, but don't just rehash old shit so plebs like RLM will like it.

Well then the Rule of Two worked and now there's two Sith powerful enough to take over the galaxy as planned.

Sith are much more powerful than the Jedi though. so the chances of one jedi being able to take on two sith is unlikely.

We are assuming that the one who would learn from holocrons is already be some kind of jedi master - so things he would have to learn are minimal.

But what about 5000 Jedi (because they're not limited in numbers by their doctrine) vs. 2 Sith

tell me Malak, why did he wear the mask?

Sheev and Vader killed 10000 Jedi

>tfw the Rule of One is non-canon.

This literally happened in Episode 3, and the Sith won

It's the aftermath what I'm asking about; so there, they control the Galaxy and/or Jedis are extinct, is there any other reason why the Rule of Two should still be upheld and instead propagating the Sith way?

God, The Old Republic is so good. I wish we had KotOR movies instead of ep4 rehash.

but how can you become a master in the first place without a teacher?

If I chop off both your hands do you think you could rationally weigh costs and benefits of which words to say in 30 seconds?

He didn't have jaw

Dooku was the hero the galaxy needed. Not the one it thought it deserved.

It's a belief based on strength. If one becomes too weak to lead, or a younger, stronger warrior comes around, it makes sense that even unopposed, they would continue the practice. You don't disband your army just because you're not currently at war.

ask Rey.

Yeah, but they had Lucasmadness on their side

You would learn from other Jedi Masters and later learn Sith way from holocrons. There's always some Jedi.

I'd have to be a Jedi master that betrayed the order and was activly looking to find teachings about dark side and would have found them before the order hunted him down, extremly rare case. and even if it happened, Jedi would already know about him so no secrecy which is the best weapon of the sith, he would be trained in using light side and would suck at using dark side, there could be no sith agenda that was longer than lifespan of one guy and it would fail with his death and all teachings would be lost if jedi would find holocrons and destroy them. stupid idea.

>"It's Sheev, he's betrayed you all!"
>"Yeah whatever fag, you die now."
Wouldn't have changed a thing because everyone had their heads up their asses
>oh hey who is this guy he's a senator we can trust, let's give him all the powers
>wait how does the CIS know all those intel only Palpatine could know about because he has his fingers in literally every operation

It doesn't matter because Dooku still wanted the republic and jedi gone. Sheev was the only one left who could finish that plan.
if Dooku told anakin the truth he risked ruining everything so he said nothing and accepted his death.

the first time I literally watched it VI - V - IV not even kidding

I was a kid and not interested in star wars and already knew the plot twist so I was bored and watched 6. Then out of curiosity watched V and loved it and finally I decided to watch the first one for completion

then the second time I watched them in order

>Dooku still wanted the republic and jedi gone.
why did he want this, though?

>2. Guarantees that each generation of the Sith will be more powerful than the last.

not at all, the incentive is to kill your master in his sleep if he is too powerful or kill your apprentice if he shows too much potential, so much that you won't be able to do anything if he turns on you

I would say the rule of two is highly dysgenic. That's why palpatine was defeated with one arm, and he relied on corrupting a strong and powerful jedi to win- the rule of two cultivates catty manipulation, not strength and power

i've only seen TFA and don't have any interest in seeing the crappy old ones
i just learn about them all second hand

he didn't agree with the jedi or republic and thought they were corrupt.
sheev took advantage of this. basically he was tricked by sheev exactly the same as anakin was.

Dooku was pissed that the Jedi Council had their head up their asses (the reason Qui Gon died was because of the weakness of the council) and the reason the republic failed was due to its corruption. He was badly written but he essentially was a dissident who blamed the council for his grief. He supported Sheev because he was the only one being able to change the system but I don't think he had any sympathy for his master. He knew his place as apprentice and thought that he'd overthroe Sheev when he had a good opportunity. Dooku was a failed idealist.

>Source: ass

There are many Jedi (before purge there were more than 10000 of them) so there's always a chance one of them would be corrupted and no one can see that you're seeking Dark Side knowledge (no one noticed Dooku, Anakin and Kylo turning to Dark Side until it was too late). Also Jedi can probably figure out how to use Dark Side techniques without any help - weren't first Siths just normal Jedi?

exactly. i highly doubt he actually wanted to replace a corrupt republic with a totalitarian regime ruled by emperor sheev he was just using sheev but underestimated him.

>A known fucking traitor saying the Chancellor is a Sith lord without having anything else as evidence should be trusted

RedditLetterMedia lmao

Dooku and Anakin wouldnt have turned if not for sith manipulations, propably also the case with Kylo. and you wouldnt reach the same level of mastery if you stared learning dark side techniques as a grown up compared to a child.

and Jedi were only one of many orders of force users, they just grew to be the biggest but there were many traditions and systems of thought. and in case of every jedi figuring it out themselves, there would be no progress in discovering the dark side and sith would be easily outmatched

RLM do not fully understand the story or characters of star wars. in fact i doubt they even like star wars.

they're not even consistent, they shat on R1 for the same reasons they praised TFA

Daisy Ridley's charisma won them over.

Daisy Ridley was charismatic as HELL in that movie!

underage b&s on their winter break I guess