Robot Wars: Battle of the Stars

Robot Wars is back for a Christmas special that stars at 8pm GMT on BBC Two. Over 2 nights, 8 teams of celebrities will be competing to become champion.

Each celebrity team has paired with a veteran competitor to design and build a brand new machine together and with such a small budget and a very small amount of time to build them, you can guarantee they're going to be shit and or destroyed within seconds.

Tonight the contenders are...

Jonathan and Alastair Brownlee with Gabriel Stroud from Sabretooth
Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock with Shane Swan from Dantomkia (the big guy)
Suzi Perry with Suren Balendran from the shit Indian team
Scott Mills and Chris Stark with Dave Moulds from Carbide (and yes, they build a spinner)

These episodes were filmed at the same time as the second season coming early next year, so there might be some hints of the next season in these episodes.

no interest in this then? kinda assumed the threads could continue after the main series last year

>scott mills and chris stark

yeah, i won't bother with that one

>Over 2 nights
Is this on again tommorrow or was it on yesterday?

whats going on in this thread?

JUST

Part 1 today, Part 2 tomorrow

I nearly went to the filming of this, I went to the semi finals instead

>works for the MoD

She will probably try to procure the losing robot, for £10bn each.

>they fell for the exposed wheels meme

>SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI >SUZI

>exposed c02 tanks

this gon be good

>meme celebrity robot is better than foxic
wew

This is shockingly bad

Why is this so bad

That was the most boring match I've ever seen

why were they allowed to just make carbide again?

they're clearly going to destroy everyone else

The robots were made in a hurry. The intention was to give them powerful weapons but weak armour

Suzi Perry?

More like Suzi Bury muh dick so far in that ass whoever pulled it out would be called King Arthur.

>tfw no suzi f1 coverage
>tfw no suzi/jake god tier coverage
why live

Suzi Perry would get it tbqh

Fridge

I'd fuck her until the police sniper took the shot

>it's a wooden spoon playoff match

No one cares about these tomato cans.

why are they so slow, it's like fucking geriatric robot wars

How can they be so bad at driving?

this is AWFUL

fun fact: the lads who built the mdf bot are back with another super shit memebot this year

Super shit memebots are the best thing about Robot Wars

wow over in 10 seconds again

thanks for this waste of my license fee

This ep is literally all filler

>this thor bullying
:_;

This is awful

>letting these idiots near behemoth
why

Fucking womyn drivers lads.

>cripple fight
>horizontal spinner momentum cheese

How do we save Robot Wars, lads?

raise the weight limit and give subsidies to builders

thicker armour can negate meme spinners and heavier bots are harder to flip

They did that. Raised the weight to 110kg from 100kg, and teams that got in received £500 towards the build

Needs to be heavier

And limit the rpm/weight of horizontal spinner otherwise they'll chew through fucking 15mm of steel every time

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE. Get Craig Charles back and we'll be sorted. Everything the man touches is gold. All we need now is Takeshi's Castle back!

Wow they are blatantly padding the shit out of this episode. Is it because the fights are so quick they have a load of runtime to fill?
And there's going to be a whole 'nother episode tomorrow as well? why?

Dissappointing. Underwhelming.
I expected more.
I expected bigger celebrities too, to be honest.

>ONE SCRAPE ON THE SCOOP
>DEAD

Holy fuck what kind of shit bot did you build

Who would be in your ideal celeb lineup?

Unfortunately, this is what happens. They recorded it so they have to use it otherwise that's a lot of wasted time and money, even if it was complete shite and none of it should've been used. It's a shame because the production quality is miles better than the last series but the content is absolute shit.

YOU CAN KEEP ON RUMMAGING THROUGH YOUR SISTERS' DRAWS
GRAB HER KNICKERS AND JOIN Sup Forums FOR ROBOT WARS

BUH-BYE

What went wrong?

The BBC underestimated how good you need to be to drive these robots so we just got an hour of people driving shit robots poorly. And again tomorrow.

Kek

JOSEF FRITZ KEPT A TIGHT LOCK ON HIS DOORS

BUT HE STILL LET HIS DAUGHTERS WATCH ROBOT WARS

Is tomorrow going to be any better?

Doesn't look like there's any spinners in tomorrows so it might be.

Those robots were completely unfunctional

What the hell gives.