Makes a map of the building, then gets lost and refuses to use the map

>makes a map of the building, then gets lost and refuses to use the map
>"we'll never find our way out of here with a MAP! we're just gonna have to wait here until someone with a map comes to find us."

>is scared of an alien corpse, but decides to play with a living alien snake like it's a kitten
>"oh my gosh did you see that terrifying inert thing back there?! Terrifying! Ooh, what's this? a big vagina-dick snake that's hissing and menacingly posturing at me? how cute! i'd better pet it!"

Prometheus is fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep, but it still had some great moments. All of the pre-release, David and the Engineer were great. Noomi's character was also a well done Alien protagonist, hope she has a good role in Covenant.

Completely idiotic non-scientific "religious scientist" that has no more complex thought on the two impossibly conflicting and deep subjects besides "because I choose to believe it" and the stunning, groundbreaking, mind-bending final line of "that's because you're a robot."

I love Rapeface, but the best actress in the world couldn't have made that shit writing and shit character any less shit.

Jesus your taste is bad, but hey record time coming in to shill! Can't wait to embarrass you all thread long.

>Yep, but it still had some great moments.
It really didn't.

(((Lindeloff))) characters are just bad, he is a hack

>oh, beloved Alien franchise, I better ruin it so badly that they have to basically try to mindfuck themselves out of this one
>oh, one of the most beloved villains in Star Trek, I better make him as one dimensional as possible, that old depiction was too heady for me, I mean what was going on
>oh, finally a complex zombie story like World War Z, I better streamline this a bit, it is a movie for zombies u know
>behold! my original masterpiece, the Tomorrowland, that nobody will ever see

Honestly, he is just fucking terrible with everything. Actually watched Cowboys and Aliens again just a few nights back. Now that the novelty has worn off, it really doesn't hold up at all.

>>is scared of an alien corpse, but decides to play with a living alien snake like it's a kitten
don't care if you're shitposting or not, but get your shit straight. He wasn't scared of the corpse, the mapper was. He was gay for the mapper's attention so he followed him, not because he was scared of the corpse.

>science and religion are incompatible

Euphoric teenager with his first copy of the God Delusion detected.

Science and religion ARE incompatible. One is magical thinking and the other is science.
So your defense of the movie is that the retard was only pretending to be retarded?

>Science and religion ARE incompatible. One is magical thinking and the other is science.

no, I'm saying you're confusing the reaction the mapper had with his. The biologist never said "OH SHIT A CORPSE, I'M PISSING MY PANTS!!!" The mapper did, and then the biologist followed him hoping to find out what his dick tastes like (exaggeration but didn't he say "I'm going with him" or the mapper asked him if he was coming?).

>One is magical thinking and the other is science.

Science shows us how God does something, not why.

Back to /Reddit/ with you

>Science and religion ARE incompatible. One is magical thinking and the other is science.
that doesn't mean you can't be a scientist because you're religious. Only a retard would think they're mutually exclusive.

it is implied he started doing drugs are you retarded??

Not him, but it can be about conviction too. You can have convictions like religious or have strong political convictions, but still be a great scientist who doesn't let his conviction ruin the facts.

Sure, it's increasingly odd right now. But back in the day even leftist scientists didn't make up things like they do these days.

Did not pay attention to details, like you must watching Scott, they were fucking high

T.Speedwatcher

>the geologist got high so that means the biologist is also high
Are YOU retarded.
They both ran away from the corpse and went full retard.
>it's only retarded if you don't make up your own headcanon
>God Emperor Trump won so now we all have to pretend Christianity is teh bomb

>They both ran away from the corpse
no, one did and the other followed.

>>it's only retarded if you don't make up your own headcanon
>it's headcanon if you're too retarded to pick up implied details
do you think they were all master experts in their field?

So again, it's the "i was only pretending to be retarded" defense for the biologist.
>do you think they were all master experts in their field?
I don't even know what the fuck you're trying to argue here. They ARE supposed to be experts in their fields, since that's the reason they were brought along, retard. But that also has no relevance since NO ONE would try to fucking pet an alien monster.

You all are complete idiots that swallowed a meme and have never thought about it for yourselves or know much of anything about science or religion. The anti-athiest movement is the most hilarious trolling I've ever seen.

You are actually intelligent.

4:1 ratio, not bad for a Prometheus thread!

>Yep, but it still had some great moments
Name literally one.

>So again, it's the "i was only pretending to be retarded" defense for the biologist.
I don't get what you're trying to get at. You're saying that he showed fear towards a corpse which doesn't match his actions with the snake. That was never shown in the movie. He was never shown to fear the corpse, so he wasn't pretending to be a retard. It was establish in the earlier scenes that he was seeking the mapper's approval/attention, so when the mapper flipped out and ran like a little bitch, he followed him to follow him, not to get away from the corpse. So, no, it's not the "i was only pretending to be retarded," it's the "random retard on Sup Forums doesn't get a simple concept" situation, you being the random retard on Sup Forums.

great post, m'lord
enlighten the plebe masses more with your euphoria!

>They ARE supposed to be experts in their fields, since that's the reason they were brought along, retard.
it's relevant because it's explain how badly you interpreted implied facts. They are not experts in their fields, they're literally company men, ones who are in it for shallow reasons like money or fame or religion. So yeah, it's pretty relevant when explaining why someone YOU think is a smart person is actually a pants on head retard who gets lost in a tunnel or tries to pet a snake trying to impress someone.

Shaw was supposed to be the most interesting character, because scientists that still have religious convictions are some of the most interesting fuckers around.

I know several of them, one is a civil engineer, one of the smartest people I know, and a devout Christian. He has to rationalize his beliefs constantly, but he's still deeply committed to them and I think always will be. This doesn't mean, however, that he's ever compromised scientific facts and the scientific method.

If Shaw weren't a fucking completely retarded character, when she met the Engineer, instead of saying "WUH-WHY DID YOU MAEK USS?" she would've said "WHERE DID YOU FUCKING COME FROM AND WHO MADE YOU AND WHY ARE WE ALL HERE DOING THIS BULLSHIT???"

The movie not only avoids saying anything intelligent about science or religion, but throws some of the worst lines in cinema history in our face after teasing us for 6 months about how "deep questions about our nature will be asked" and selling itself as some existential juggernaut of mystery and insight.

That's what many of us bought, because he's pulled it off a little before with films like Blade Runner that really had you questoning the nature of life and free will and what it means.

Modern Ridley Scott can kiss my fucking ass.

>movie is about how humans aimless search for answers will bring about their own downfall
>upset that people act selfish or dumb in the movie
Even if you were annoyed by how careless supposed professionals act in the film, it was visually exciting and thrilling, with real memorable characters in the form of Noomi, Fassbender, and Theron. The plot was ambitious, and whether it success or not is up for debate, but it's refreshing to see some Hollywood movie tackle heavy themes like religion and the meaning of living, as opposed to Marvel/DC revenge plot #4000. I understand why people have grievances with Prometheus, but why it became hip to shit on it like it was the worst movie ever I'll never understand.

A Company man, who's in it for
>money or
>fame
would do their job, not act like a retard, and not run away from the one job they traveled a buttzillion miles to do.

Burke risked his life to try and secure an Alien and the marines almost killed him over it.

>tfw Burke is a more believable, competent, and likeable character than everyone in Prometheus including muh David.

T. Atheist 'intellectual'

Agreed

This was a boring pile of shit

That's what I thought, faggot.

burke wasn't in this movie.

and back to the company men, they get paid to do their job, it doesn't mean they'll do it. They're still humans. And another implied fact: they're retards who are willing to go to an undisclosed location with an indeterminate timeframe. Their actions throughout the movie showed they weren't professionals, so the only reason they would sign up for a job like this is because they needed the money and/or they're retards that probably couldn't pick up simple implications in a ridley scott movie.

>hope she has a good role in Covenant.

Dies offsceen lol

My comment was squarely on the relation of conviction and profession.

Shaw was a religious nut because Damon Lindelof can't write multidimensional characters.

I bet he himself is a one dimensional as fuck, but he was the man whose job it was to make the debate of science and religion in Shaw, but all he was able to think was "this is how people who hold religious beliefs think."

Actually imagining people holding convictions and still being able to do their jobs is pretty easy. Almost everyone of us have either political or religious conviction, and do a job. It's almost the easiest thing to do. And in serious business there are even repercussions if you let your convictions get in the way, like lawyers, judges or scientists. Misrepresenting facts to hold your conviction makes you lose your jobs very fast, and usually you don't have an overtly religious scientist. Shaw is one who shouldn't even have a scientific career. Or if she had, it would have been at the creationist museum, not on a trillion dollar scientific intergalactic expedition, no matter her expertise.

Because it DIDN'T ACTUALLY TACKLE those issues in any way. It literally just sold the film to us like it would, and it was a complete lie. This made it even more offensive and stupid.

Remember when the Blu-Ray came out and they doubled-down and said "this time, questions really WILL be fucking answered buy the blu-ray today!" And all we got were a few deleted scenes that did make the movie better and fixed issues like the retarded roid-rage Engineer?

Here are the lines in Prometheus that "tackle those deep issues:"

>"Because it's what I choose to believe."
>"Discount 300 years of Darwinism, wooo."
>"They are us!"
>"Why did they want to kill us?"
>"Don't all children want to kill their parents?"
>"Why do you want to know?"
>"You don't understand because you're a robot."

Groundbreaking. Nietzsche would be so proud of this fountain of philosophical achievement.

Agreed. Didn't Jon Spaihts first draft of the script have more to it than that? It wasn't exactly Oscar-worthy either but it was certainly better than Lindelof's. I thought Lindelof was only hired to make it less related to Alien with some key rewrites towards the end?

The majority of the script is still Spaihts iirc.

>People can't be religious and be scientists

No. But besides that it should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

Sup Forums WAS RIGHT

larry david doesn't really run down christianity though. It's not like his whole act is about shitting on them, he shits on jews pretty heavy, more so than christians.

The story is a Spaiths original space opera as far as I know. In the beginning this was going to have no relation to Aliens, this was going to be hard hard space opera, the giant head was originally intended to be the captain or the "brains" of the ship. And Ridley's coming back to scifi.

But along the way, I guess studio got in it too much. And Alien happened, the dialog and the characters are Lindelof about 90% Spaiths original story is pretty much intact though. It was about finding our makers and humanity getting their shit pushed in.

This is what I know.

Honestly the only characters I remember from the film are the captain, because he played a harmonica, and Weyland, because he looked like a dinosaur fossil that came to life again.

>"Discount 300 years of Darwinism, wooo."

This line triggered me. Sounds like something from a creationist cartoon. Scientists don't talk about "Darwinism" like it's a holy text.

And for fuck's sake, Richard Dawkins himself has said he thinks life being seeded on Earth from aliens isn't impossible.

>Misrepresenting facts to hold your conviction makes you lose your jobs very fast

I bet thats why David will kill her. He can't kill her directly, he will probably use alien monsters to get rid of people. Just like she herself use the monster to kill the Engineer who was chasing her.

>macro evolution theory is fact
okay

Well, just measure (((Lindelof's))) nose to learn why the portrayal of Shaw was piss poor as a religious character.

This is interesting, but what's the point of pushing secularism, from the Jews perspective? I mean Judaism is one of the three branches of monotheistic religion along with Christianity and Islam, and Christianity is the strongest force able to push back against the tide of Muslims, who don't exactly love the Jews or anyone of any other religion.

Silly fedora. You can believe in both God and understand science. It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?

>Science and religion ARE incompatible.
Not really, science deals with physical matters and religion deals with metaphysical matters.
They're not incompatible or compatible, they're just very different things.
A ton of stuff on the Bible if taken at face value is scientifically false, however the underlying themes of any religion are outside the bounds of scientific interest.

Jews are social poison and want to weaken the west, as a weak west is easier to exploit for (((their))) aims.

>atheists and Jews are the same thing

No it isn't a surprise. What's funny is no atheist I know reads any theology, or any serious theologian based in objective moralism I.e belief in God. No sound theology can have subjective morality since there is only one good, God, and all is good that flows through him. Thus he can only be subjective.

The obvious reason they don't read Christian arguments is that all theology of the last 150 are forces to be reckoned with. I've made it a point to read atheist books so I know best how to combat their silly ideas. I actually enjoy debating atheists irl for this reason. It's funny to watch them play their mind games and weasel their way out of reason, to observe their open contradictions in terms, to see them try so hard to argue that they themselves are an accident.

"He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for him before he has been dead a minute".

Usually they are just labeled as Jews, but if you really want to know the conviction of the people "jewish" people who trash Christianity. It's marxism.

Take any conservative Jew and they don't have a problem with Christians, and very much with Muslims.

I didn't say that you can't believe in god and still be a scientist. You can, but you can't let it mess with the facts that you are dealing with. Just like a leftist lawyer or a judge, he must uphold the law and base decisions on facts not their convictions.

Even if a scientist can prove the existence of a creator, he has to base them on scientific facts.

i don't understand where Scott was during the writhing process for Prometheus. hes the director and producer after all, was there no point while reading the script he said, "uh wait a minute, some of this shit doesn't make sense, lets do some work on here and here, etc."

You can't physically prove the metaphysical anymore than you can quantifiably prove mercy or justice exist

Only very bad and very good producers mess with the script. The bad ones usually produce bad movies, and the good ones produce blockbusters.

Ridley is mainly a director. He almost automatically gets producing credit these days because he is a legend.

>at our current technological level

CAPTCHA: was pizzas but it forced me to choose a nacho platter

the script is trash because ridley kept wanting to move forward fast instead of letting it mature, ask for more people to read it and make it better

also a fair bit of reshoots, specially on the final sequences which is when it starts falling apart

You managed to be a Christian and come out as obnoxious as an atheist.
wew lad

>Christians keep adapting their ancient Jewish myth that literally says god created everything in 6 days to fit with modern scientific theories.
>We're the silly fedoras

Regardless of your spiel about the big bang (which I thought was caused by, ya know, gravity) how do you rationalize that with the old and new testaments which are meant to be taken literally?

No, I can't see the irony. Science never gives up, either. It will eventually figure that out and then you'll cook up another bullshit story about how all of that was actually in the bible too and you'll just keep re-interpreting it so you don't have to grow up and realize there isn't a giant invisible bearded man in the sky that gives a fuck about you.

>Better believe that because if you don't, oh no Sup Forums will call you a fedora!

What a disgraceful treachery against human consciousness. Think for yourself and see the bigger picture - it isn't about a social agenda or a meme, it's about your own fucking mind, your freedom, and what you literally believe.

Did you all just watch the movie? Give it a few years and you'll realize it's pretty alright.

Kinda fun honestly. Good segue into foreplay.

The definition of metaphysics is "beyond the physical." So no physical technological level will ever perceive anything that isn't physical.

>so you don't have to grow up and realize there isn't a giant invisible bearded man in the sky that gives a fuck about you.

R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T

Abortion scene
'What woukd you be willing to do' dialogue
And yeah its retarded set up but the snake arm break was pretty yerrifying

t. highschool christian scientist

First, your post literally made no sense and you contradicted yourself in the first sentence. Second, lots of athiests become athiests because they were previously religious. I know more about Christianity than a lot of Christians I know. Third, you don't need to read "athiest books" to figure out the problems, impossibilities, and contradictions in the bible.

You only need to read the bible to do that.

>atheists can't understand metaphor

Hahahahah. Still, I can't help but feel sorry for you guys. Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchen (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad

Let me guess, you get your world view from Family Guy?

This is what it usually is with you biblefags. You seem very limited in every capacity.

I can't even start to imagine what technological or even metaphysical fuckery a level 3 civilization can do. We might even be in that galaxy they harness for their fuckery, we might be functioning part of the operation. They are gods compared to us, and we are insignificant as ants compared to them.

Fucking few hundred years of electricity doesn't even start to get to the level of science we would need to be even level 2 civ. So who you are to say what is scientifically possible and what even is scientific.

Read some science bitch.

>Hahahahah. Still, I can't help but feel sorry for you guys. Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.
>Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Lmao not him but get off the internet you clown. The Western world is and has been dropping organized religion for the past two decades at least.

This thread is amazing. Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

>get off my safe space

T. Fedoracuck

It's almost like atheism isn't an unified dogma and instead is a belief that can be shared by people that can be completely different in everything else.
Equating all atheism to a bunch of people that post pictures of themselves wearing fedoras on Reddit is fucking retarded.
Atheism doesn't have an underlying doctrine nor a dogma, it'll never be a religion.

prometheus was ridley's project from the get go, from the basic ideas, to picking a writer (Spaihts) who's prometheus script was his first ever made into a movie (and he had to write it fast in a few weeks because ridley didn't give him too much time, i think he was already into production as the script was being written) to picking lindelof and running with the rewrites and shoehorning shit and cutting important characterization scenes

it's ridley's fault all the way.

Bitch we were talking about Prometheus here before your *autistic screeching* decided to activate.

Oh look a meme and he said reddit.

That must mean I should believe ancient Jewish mythology is literal modern-day truth and live my life by it and think that Satan is real and evil and that the gays are all sinners and that God bless America and all other gods and their books since the dawn of time are made up but not him though because he said so in his book.

You guys are really clueless to how big of idiots you look, aren't you? I mean how strong do you think the defense of
>fedora
>reddit
>fat guy meme
really holds up in an actual discussion about the very important ideas of religion, humanism, science, and ontology? You're literally using the idea that being socially ostracized is great motivation to believe in something you think is fictitious, destructive bullshit. You know who else does that?

Liberals.

Like I said, you swallowed a meme. Unfortunately, you're choking to death on it. Just think for yourself, son.

I meant get off the internet and interact with real people, because your view is obviously informed by the internet. Organized religion is dying in the west. The numbers don't lie christcuck

Bet you wouldn't go into atheist church and say that, it's all these poor fedoras have.

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945

Also,

>atheist church

Imagine the smell...

Lindeloff has fucked it up. How could they have hired him for the job.. Random autist from special school would have come up with better script.

Seriously, I'd bet on it.

>You guys are really clueless to how big of idiots you look, aren't you

Sam Harris eating the Hillary cock was heartbreaking and reality-destroying. But so did ScarJo and I bet you fags all still fap to her. I dropped Harris the moment he spouted all that pro-Hilary anti-Trump bullshit on Joe Rogan.

btw the conversation in this thread about religion and science is FAR more interesting than anything in Prometheus.

>tfw

it's like these people find some sort of pleasure in being the most fucked up they can be.

Yeah, it was Ridley's scifi comeback project, but Spaiths has talked about the original idea about giant space opera in couple of interviews. Even Ridley, how the original was balls to the walls crazy, this was still the time I was listening to movie podcasts and all kinds of crazy shit was supposed to happen before the shift to Alien by whose decision about that I'm not really sure. Nobody seems to want to own that fumble totally.

But I distinctly remember a concept artist talking about the Prometheus ship and the giant head being the captain/driver/brains of the ship, before it was turned in to a statue.

There were even floating concepts at the time. Though, it's hard to know before someone makes Alejandro's Dune about it, or if anyone ever will. I'm sure the early drafts and concept art is still in Ridley's closet.

>this entire post

right in the feels

>tfw Sup Forums has turned what could be an interesting discussion about this film into an angry political debate yet again

I'd wager that over 99% of atheists will never step foot inside an "atheist church"

You christcucks get one thing and you latch onto it like angry chihuahuas. I've seen so many people post this same exact example to bash atheists when it doesn't apply to us.

>athiesm
>religion

The ride never ends. Too bad saying that Athiesm is unpopular does nothing to make Christianity, or any dogmatic religion, any less retarded, and the sheep who follow it any less desperate, immature, and irresponsible. But I'm glad you'll always be able to say "look, everyone's doing it, I feel better about my beliefs that I base on conformity and social acceptance than on my own thoughts, integrity, and drive to know the truth!"

He's hideous and his word choice of intellectual quagmire is a little pretentious but otherwise that is a completely reasonable statement.

>atheist church doesn't apply to atheists
>all christians are anti-scientific luddites though

And you wonder why people say atheists are as bad as Jews.

Fuck off, you're not supposed to agree with reddit.

The 4 hour making of documentary "Furious Gods" (which is where i got my info from) goes into interviews with everyone and has lots of detail about the production timeline, the writing, the concept art, all the way to production, filming and post production, including several people from the production team going "i hated ridley's idea at the start", "that sounded like a terrible idea", Fassbender asking "i have no idea why Ridley decided to hire a young actor to play an old guy", and cuts to Ridley saying "we could've done this or that different, but there just was no time, i wanted to move quickly" which in the end is pretty funny.

>and the sheep who follow it any less desperate, immature, and irresponsible.

As opposed to blindly believing the atheism fairy exploded nothing into everything, for no reason, and that it magically formed sentient life because some (((youtubers))) and (((celebrity scientists))) said so?

Face it. You turn your brain off and let others think for you.

I don't subscribe to internet cliques because I haven't been in highschool for almost a decade. Half the people here are secret redditors who are afraid to admit it on Sup Forums for some reason.

That guy's statement is perfectly reasonable and is very frequently what ex christians basically say.

You just gave a rambling recounting of
>Science and religion ARE incompatible.
Science and religion aren't congruent. They're not complimentary or supplementary or fucking compatible.

Hahahahahhahaahhaaha

agreed. fucking retarded movie.

Because of the incredibly small percentage of atheists who attend an atheist church. I'm really not surprised that you can't wrap your head around something this simple.

Oh no more reddit memes. You guys are really winning the argument here.

LOAD MORE MEMES, YOU'RE ABOUT TO CONVINCE ME. HALLELUJAH JESUS I'M COMING HOME!! How could I be so stupid to think for myself when these reddit memes hurt my feelings so much?

Literally how do you idiots all defend Christianity, then on the other foot you squeal like the liberal cucks you are about feminism, social justice, and every other garbage liberal agenda when the libs actually hate you and make fun of you for being redneck, bible-thumping inbred Trump-voting Christian morons? Sup Forums is honestly one of the most lib-infested boards on Sup Forums.
>Pottery

That always bugged me too. Ive had mice run at me, a black bear follow me and a crazy eyed pitbull get way too close. They could have made it a very creepy scene where the creature seems overly playful or just gets too close to them of its own will instead of having a suppedly smart scientist act like a complete fucking retard.

Do you guys go outside? Being atheist or at least agnostic is the norm in huge swathes of the western world. Take a shower and go out sometime.

>I don't subscribe to internet cliques

Admit it, all memes aside you own a fedora right?

But that's not really true at all. The original script was pretty decent but Ridley and Lindelof kept fucking with it.
You're retarded. I saw it in the theater on opening weekend.
And the only foreplay you get is touching your own dick over your pants.

Atheism is the belief that there are not deities, it doesn't say that all originated from nothing, it's just a refusal of the divine.
Besides if you're willing to believe that God came from nothing I don't understand how believing that everything came from nothing is such a stupid idea to you, to me it sounds like removing the intermediary.