twitter.com/AnonBabble

shit anime

>muh depression

They were pretty fucking obtuse.

You're right.

Fuck you, they were totally right.

I love you all

Now if only the characters learned to love themselves
Also, it is ever explained what the fuck the angels actually are and what their purpose is?

What was his fucking problem, Sup Forums?

can an octahedron be a mary sue?

youtube.com/watch?v=mdU8dyjgXU0

everything is in Shinji's psyche, and his dealing with loss, depression, anxiety and mommy issues. Angels, the end of the world and all the other cool stuff are just metaphors.
Hence the original ending,

This anime was so vague and complex. Every time you get a question answered it creates 2 more.
All the characters are insufferable cunts and the amount of religious references makes you feel like your watching a Snyder movie.
To top it all off they couldn't even be bothered to provide a proper ending so just made a lelrandom art sequence twice.

Anime by mental health patients was a mistake.

Rubber goose

>Also, it is ever explained what the fuck the angels actually are and what their purpose is?

I thought it was pretty obvious that they were God's agents, you know, to bring about Armageddon/Destroy the Earth.

It's been an age in a half since I sat down and watched the whole thing, so what the fuck do I know?

>and the amount of religious references makes you feel like your watching a Snyder movie.

Didn't the creator admit he knew fuck all about Christianity and just included the various references about it because they sounded cool?

Why the scream?

I liked it tho.

>This anime was so vague and complex. Every time you get a question answered it creates 2 more.

pretentious, yes.

So what's happening in the real world then? Is Shinji just a high school student that didn't get a date?
the same problem as my dad

Rei was acute

No, Anno was raised as a Christian actually.

>muh wife sacrificed herself to save humanity but all i could think of were selfish reasons to bring her back and hurt my son in the process

Was he CIA?

The only good part of the reboots.

Him waifu died and left him with a shitty, useless whiny son.

nah, he was CIDED

SEELE

That's a cute monster design.

no, but he was a big guy

>watch evangelion
>watch the movie
>confused as fuck
>go online to get an explanation
>blah blah blah lilith blah blah blah zangriel blah blah blah white moon dark moon blah blah blah two seeds spear of longinus blah blah blah spawn of lilith blah blah blah children of adam blah blah

Fuck all this bullshit. None of this is explained in the show or movie. These people are pulling all of this out their asses

This guy glances at you and says
>"Maybe I was born so that I would meet you"

What do?

came here for the joke, thanks user.

Kick him in the dick then go fuck mah waifu.

Turn 360 degrees and sacrifice humanity

That's the point.

>Is Shinji just a high school student that didn't get a date?

pretty much, yeah

Fuk u.

Will this make the first three worth it?

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before initiating the Third Impact.

Asuka and Mari confirmed lesbian lovers?

Seriously though, why the fuck does Mari even exist?

Is Anno the nip equivalent of Lucas? How long until he sells the Eva franchise to (((Disney))) or something?

it's actually childhood's end pretty much.

humans evolve into one shared godlike consciousness leaving their physical existence behind. the angels catalyze this process.

there's a long background about how planets are seeded, some to create violent life and others for intelligent, earth is one of the few that got both seeds as adam and eve and therefore were eligible for ascension.

or something like that, don't remember it very clearly.

NEVER EVER

Didn't one of the English voice actors walk away from the project?

I seem to recall there being some controversy or some shit.

the VA for Aoba is the same as DIO?

He lost the love of his life. I'd act like him if I were in his situation.

Yes.

Anime is NOT art and will never be art.

Childrens cartoons belong on

Define art.

First Ancestral Race created seeds to send out throughout the galaxy to create life, in this case there was the white seed that creates human-esque life which are all descended from Lilith, and a black seed which creates Angel-esque life, all descended from Adam. Each seed has its own instructions (dead sea scrolls) and EMERGENCY STOP!!! measure (each seed has a Lance of Longinus). These seeds are never to land on the same planet, would be disastrous. Hence emergency stop and instructions. Well these two seeds do land on Earth and Adam and his seed are turned off due to the emergency protocols, so humans and other life descended from Lilith all strives on Earth. But then Adam and his egg are discovered in Antarctica and the first contact even happens fucking up Misato's life and the Earth and they manage to use the lance to stop Adam and Adam is reduced to like an embryonic state. But in any event the angels are active or something and are now essentially competing life forms striving to reach Adam so that their own form of life can become the prominent lifeform on Earth or something along those lines.

But if Adam and Lilith come together they'll dissolve the boundaries between life forms (AT Fields) and make everybody turn into tang or something which is Seele's and Gendo's goals (for different reasons, Seele are like globalist Jews who want to force everyone to become one and "ascend" according to their designs, Gendo just wants to be with his wife again).

It's something like that.

Here's an illustrative image I forgot I had. Still it was fun to type all that from memory.

I was looking for something to watch. I'm going to watch this anime for the first time

Thanks bros

Only 1.11 and 2.22 were the good parts of the reboots.

nice bait pal, considering you are posting in a taiwanese macrame forum

ASUKA BEST GIRL

I still don't understand why Gendo and Seele and the other factions were all fighting, when they all wanted to initiate 3rd impact anyway.

Just to let you guys know that the manga is canon.

Why was this allowed?

>First Ancestral Race

I don't remember a "precursor civilization" or whatever ever being discussed in the actual show...

>Every time you get a question answered it creates 2 more.
That's the point of kino and art in general.
Same goes to Solaris by Tarkovsky

wiki.evageeks.org/Third_Impact#Seele.27s_version

Why does she even exist? She's such a pointless, tacked-on character.

>he didn't see EoE

You're not allowed to comment on Evangelion until you see the movie.

You have to read the wiki.

>Seele wanted to initiate Third Impact to bring about Instrumentality. They would use an Anti A.T. Field to neutralize the A.T. Fields that separate human beings from each other, causing all of humanity to revert into a giant ocean of LCL, freeing their souls. All the souls of Earth would then be collected inside the Adam/Lilith hybrid being and her Egg. This could be achieved through several alternate scenarios involving the Mass Production Evangelions, the Spear of Longinus, Lilith or Evangelion Unit-01 as Lilith's substitute.

Isn't that literally what happens?

I assume he did. Hence "made the ending a lelrandom art sequence twice"

Once for the show
Once again for the movie

Keep reading.

Was this scene really necessary?

There are some fun theories floating about her being Asuka and Shinji's daughter, if the timeline bullshit hints in the movies turns out to be correct.

>was a "fuck you otakus" scene necessary
of course

What!? That's gay.

I agree, but it's still better than her existing purely for fan-service, so I'll hold out hope.

It wasn't

I don't remember these pages in the manga.

It is only hinted at (pic related).
A First Ancestral Race is mentioned in the proposal document of the series, and in a text from a preliminary meeting a Second Ancestral race is mentioned too:

>"Before the birth of the human race, there twice existed prehistoric civilizations with advanced technology. The first civilization (the First Ancestral Race) created the EVA, but because of this they were destroyed.
>The next civilization (the Second Ancestral Race) created the Spears of Longinus, thus successfully containing the EVA; afterwards, as a countermeasure to anyone reviving the EVA, they planted Angels all over the world.
>At this stage EVA are not to be considered “man-made”, but beings resurrected by the Ancestral Races. Hence, the Angels exist largely to destroy the EVA and remove traces of their presence in the case of their revival."

So, yeah, it is pretty much canon.

>NGE2
This is some EU bullshit though. Not what happens within the movie itself.

Skip that part.

hence the "go online for an explanation" part that I wrote.

The point being that it's bullshit how you need to go read a wiki and get fucking cliffnotes to make any goddamn sense of what happened. Especially when the source of these notes might as well just be Anno's asshole.

The actual lore of Evangelion is fucking stupid
Once you get away from using the robots and monsters as a backdrop to tell a story about social isolation and learning how to connect with people, it becomes needlessly convoluted and boring

I'm on episode 6 guys

:3

shinji dies

>it becomes needlessly convoluted and boring
It makes perfect sense to me.
You're just a brainlet.

Everyone just stands around and claps at the end.

yep

KONO DIO DA

Out of everthing that could be copied from this shit I can't believe that Shinji's character is the thing that's persisted in seasonal trash.

>MUH BROWN HAIRED INSECURE PROTAGONIST

NO

NO

NEVER AGAIN

Shinji is actually a robot

>i'm on episode 6
>post number ends in 666

NANI..

Shinji's mom was in the basement the whole time, doing laundry.

Anyone that says this show doesn't make sense it simply just not intelligent enough to comprehend it.

Wayyy ahead of its time. Like Sistine Chapell.

The angels are the good guys.

>Satan is just now getting to episode 6

Oh really? what are you going to tell me next, that J. Cole is the best artist of our generation? That Fight Club is a hiden gem?

be mindful of all the christian symbolism, it's really important for understanding the big twist at the end.

Not unless they bring back Jet Alone

way to completely miss the point and themes of the show and mistakingly trying to focus on shit that doesnt matter

thats like asking what was in marcellus wallace's briefcase. you fucking turdgobbler, i hope you die IRL.

>Couldn't be fucked to think up a comprehensive ending

>End it in a lazy, "wet fart" fashion

>This is a twist

It really isn't though.

what did they mean by this?

>asks for an explanation
>bitches and moans when he gets one

The ending of the series is due to budget limitations. Clearly they did come up with a comprehensive because End of Evangelion exists. I don't really see how the last two episodes could be considered a twist, really.

I doubt it
The only way it would ever work is if it completely retcons 3.0